Goon
WeaponsofMassConstruction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by WeaponsofMassConstruction »

The kicker here is that
I can easily prove my role.
Don't give me any mafia watcher bullshit either, I'm too pissed to defend myself.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by Feysal »

WeaponsofMassConstruction #375 wrote:The kicker here is that
I can easily prove my role.
Don't give me any mafia watcher bullshit either, I'm too pissed to defend myself.
This. I've never lynched a power role capable of proving his ability, and see no reason to start now. Also, remember that 16 of our roles came from here, and watcher is clearly listed as pro-town.

Time is running out, but we can still try to get a better lynch. I'm not sure I believe Tasky is a lyncher, but I know lyncher targets are typically pro-town. Thus:

Unvote: WoMC
Vote: Tasky

I'd prefer IH, but I don't think I could get enough people to agree in time.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by FrozenMirror »

So let me get this straight. WMC claims watcher at the last possible minute, and is too "pissed" to defend himself. Where was his defense for the past 3 days? Where was his scum hunting for the past...well...the whole game?

Is a lyncher always a town role? I'm not terribly enlightened about them in-game.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by FrozenMirror »

On second thought, I'm down for an IH lynch. Just a few pages in he's already trying to set up lynches based on almost no info. He hasn't posted in almost 2 weeks, and has given us minimal content. He's just left his vote on Feysal, which has been useless.

I don't think Feysal is scum.
Unvote, vote IH.

Go for it Feysal. And everyone else, too. Just read this guy's ISO really quick (I guarentee it won't take long} and try to find reasons to NOT lynch him. Hint: you probably won't succeed. I didn't.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by FrozenMirror »

Mod, or alt mod since SSK doesn't seem to have time, we haven't had a vote count in 9 days. We desperately need one ASAP.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Role has nothing to do with alignment in this game.

DO NOT UNVOTE JUST BECAUSE OF HIS CLAIM, OR I WILL FUCKING SHOOT YOU. ITS RANDOM MAFIA, THE ROLES ARE RANDOM.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

gandalf5166 wrote:Role has nothing to do with alignment in this game.

DO NOT UNVOTE JUST BECAUSE OF HIS CLAIM, OR I WILL FUCKING SHOOT YOU. ITS RANDOM MAFIA, THE ROLES ARE RANDOM.
This role is easy to be proved. That is the reason why people are unvoting. Nothing about alignment to do with it.
Still would like to see a Chesskid lynch, but I'm ok if that doesn't happen.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by WeaponsofMassConstruction »

@FM, I can't believe you're still rambling on about me not scumhunting. Everything past a certain point was just repetition.

@gandalf, why are you even voting me? You're grasping at straws to keep this lynch alive. This combined with the initial terrible reasoning and inconsistency even with wanting conciseness gives me a strong scum read. Did you think of how broken a mafia watcher would be?

Vezok needs to settle down on a consistent opinion, backed with something, at least.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by danakillsu »

Sure.
unvote vote: IH
Better deadline lynch is better.
Helghast
Helghast
Townie
Helghast
Townie
Townie

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by Helghast »

I've read Tasky in ISO and it really seems like he's scum. He's erratic, seems crazy and he always joins a wagon, doesn't seem to make up his own mind.

BTW: Mod vote count please!
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:27 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

o_o I feel like an idiot.
Read Helghast post, decided to ISO Tasky.
Here what I saw:
He voted 4 different things (Night, Helghast, Chesskid, WOMC, Chesskid again).
If you don't see it yet, I'll tell ya.
If Tasky is a lyncher, who apparently his lynchee is Chesskid who is scum by his "inside" information, then wouldn't his first vote be on Chesskid and wouldn't it stay on Chesskid?
This has at the moment mixed my reading of Chesskid.
Unvote, Vote Tasky

No one lynch him till we understand his entire role please.
Show
I have played 25 games:

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Feysal wrote: and watcher is clearly listed as pro-town.
:
I understand you are new but just b/c certian role is listed as pro-town or mafia doesn't mean that they
have
to be. Wich is prolly the reason for WoMC's preemptive
IZ NOT SCUM WATCHER

FrozenMirror wrote: Is a lyncher always a town role? I'm not terribly enlightened about them in-game.
Like I was telling Feysal...9 out of 10 times a lychee will be town. Though I've never played a game here with a lyncher so my experience is strictly off site. I was scum and a lynchee in one game but like I said 9 out of 10 times they are town. So Chess is, assuming Tasky is telling the truth which sets up a big WIFOM situation,
probably
town.

I still like the idea of lynching WoMC or Sleepless. Tasky is acceptable. If he's a lyncher then he's not going to help the town. He could be lying though; which is a nice scum gambit.

unvote;vote: Tasky
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by FrozenMirror »

I'll settle for a Tasky lynch. If lynchers generally aren't targeting scum, and Tasky said he's got inside information that chess is scum, he's likely lying. Also add to that he didn't start on chess all that early also implies that he might be lying. Hard to say, really.

I still want people to read IH before deciding on a Tasky lynch, though.

I can't find any information about exactly when our deadline is. I went through the mod's ISO but nothing popped out at me. When is it, exactly?
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:50 pm

Post by Tasky »

haha. you are trying to lynch me now.
the only problem is that I am not a lyncher. that was a parody of FM's (I think it was him) idea that I could be a lyncher.
but if you lynch me, I won't be that upset, this game is kind of boring for me.
however, you will be quite upset if you lynch me.

and then go back at the people who were looking for an easy lynch.

PS: lyncher wins when lynch-target dies, the game then continues as normal. even if I were a lyncher, town's best play would never be to lynch me.
PPS: of course I was lying on that inside-information thing. I needed to get something going.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:30 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

Vote count please.
Show
I have played 25 games:

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:55 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Tasky should be vigbait, lynching a lyncher doesn't give any information - I'm more than happy to lynch IH though.
Unvote

Vote: IH
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:03 am

Post by Feysal »

Nero Cain #386 wrote:I understand you are new but just b/c certian role is listed as pro-town or mafia doesn't mean that they
have
to be.
Ok, I misunderstood how the roles were randomized, I was under the impression that they would have the listed alignment in this game. Even so... some roles just don't make much sense as one alignment, like an anti-town miller (no different from mafia goon) or anti-town cop (you already know who the mafia are). An anti-town watcher would be horrible, but the case on WoMC is still weak, so I'd prefer not to lynch him when we have better alternatives.

I really can't trust Tasky any more. Now he said he was lying about being a lyncher and having inside information, to get something going. This, two days before deadline? It seems like he has a death wish. If Chesskid were mislynched based on his lie, he would be next. Now, he could be lynched for his lie and for causing this confusion. The more I think about it, he looks like a jester.

I don't mind letting jesters share in the victory though, so I'm not opposed to lynching him anyway.

But... since I'm not alone in suspecting IH, I will switch my vote there. I doubt there is enough time to gather enough votes for lynch though, so I will switch back to Tasky if this last push fails.

Unvote: Tasky
Vote: IH
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:21 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

Chess @ 367
– Immediate attempt to disavow any responsibility for being on WMC’s wagon noted. Pro-Tip: You are responsible for your own votes. Period.

Bunnylover @368
– If you aren’t going to read the game please don’t post fluff.

Helghast @370
– You do know that the mythical Tomorrow is the deadline day, right? For someone so worried about how long the day has taken you are very willing to casually put of investigations into players right at deadline.

WMC @373
– Yes, it’s everyone else who is terrible at the game. You play had nothing to do with it :roll:

WMC @375
– So you can prove your role because you are a special kind of watcher who knows what player is going to be targeted 100%?

WMC @382
– That you continue to dismiss our comments about your total lack of scum-hunting doesn’t somehow make them inaccurate. You pop in to either defend yourself or make little comments like you did about Vezok that don’t say ANYTHING about your thoughts on his alignment. That’s fluffing not scum-hunting Tex.

Tasky @ 388
– You make a bad gambit and then wonder why you are getting votes. You admit to lyning about having info about Chess’s alignment. Why exactly is that Pro-Town again?

Here’s a hint – if you are bored get a different hobby. Mafia is only as boring as you yourself make it.

Gandalf @380
– Wow … I’d never have guessed you would turn out to be the Blinding Light of Sanity in this game. Good posting.

Feysal @ 391
– You aren’t grasping the concept of the game. Roles are determined 100% independent of alignment. In SSK’s recently ended Mini Random game Fate was a 3rd Party Survivor Cop role.

And Chesskid isn’t a Jester. Stop the stupid speculation about that. Chess is playing just as he normally does.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:27 am

Post by chesskid3 »

I like Jester speculation. It makes me feel funny.

367 was me calling your BS about me and WMC being scum together with him having SOME GODLIEK ROLL ZOMG
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:48 am

Post by Feysal »

FrozenMirror #391 wrote:
Feysal @ 391
– You aren’t grasping the concept of the game. Roles are determined 100% independent of alignment. In SSK’s recently ended Mini Random game Fate was a 3rd Party Survivor Cop role.
Yes, I've got that, now.
FrozenMirror #391 wrote:And Chesskid isn’t a Jester. Stop the stupid speculation about that. Chess is playing just as he normally does.
Not Chesskid, I was talking about Tasky. The way he lied about being a lyncher, it looks as if he had a death wish.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:44 am

Post by Tasky »

look. I have a serious reason to be bored at this game. There isn't any real point for me to contribute. you can lynch/vig me if you want, but I doubt that would help you much.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:02 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

WeaponsofMassConstruction wrote: @gandalf, why are you even voting me? You're grasping at straws to keep this lynch alive. This combined with the initial terrible reasoning and inconsistency even with wanting conciseness gives me a strong scum read. Did you think of how broken a mafia watcher would be?
Much less broken than a town watcher, I can tell you that. Look at Super Smash Bros. Brawl Mafia. AND AS IVE SAID, THIS SETUP IS COMPLETELY RANDOM. SO "LOLOLOLOL MY ROLE IS SO BROKEN" SAYS NOTHING ABOUT YOUR ALIGNMENT.
Feysal wrote:
Nero Cain #386 wrote: Ok, I misunderstood how the roles were randomized, I was under the impression that they would have the listed alignment in this game. Even so... some roles just don't make much sense as one alignment, like an anti-town miller (no different from mafia goon) or anti-town cop (you already know who the mafia are). An anti-town watcher would be horrible, but the case on WoMC is still weak, so I'd prefer not to lynch him when we have better alternatives.
Trust me, they would still show up, however little sense they would make. That's why the game is RANDOM.
Bunnylover wrote:
gandalf5166 wrote:Role has nothing to do with alignment in this game.

This role is easy to be proved. That is the reason why people are unvoting. Nothing about alignment to do with it.
Still would like to see a Chesskid lynch, but I'm ok if that doesn't happen.
But proving his role will prove NOTHING, as he is literally just as likely to be mafia with that role as he would have been with any other role. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS GAME'S SETUP?

THE FUCKING ROLES ARE RANDOM. HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS?
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:30 am

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

FrozenMirror wrote:
Sleepless Ass @343
– Your argument that the 4th vote is clearly a Joke I disagree with. If you can’t understand how there is a conflict between voting for Night yet directly calling a player scum in the same post I don’t know what I can do to help you.
It was early in the game and some players tend to prefer joking to placing serious votes at that point. The fact that he called a player scum, while I personally would have voted the player at that point, doesn't necessarily mean he felt it was time to get down to serious business and string him up.
FrozeDaMirrorByLookingSoBad wrote:I also got loads of laughs from your horribad logic that I’m wanting to ‘lynch our strongest power roles’. Funny.

1. Can you provide back-up for your incorrect assertion that I’ve been attacking lurkers all game?
Sure.
Frozen wrote: So what do you do then? Do you sit back and wait for someone to do something you don't like? You do realize that town has to scum hunt in order to find scum, scum doesn't just slip up on their own. Also, these 2 statements don't really track. You're sitting there asking other people to do your scum hunting for you, but you're saying you aren't going to follow other people's cases after doing your scum hunting for you. What, then, is it going to take for you to actually contribute to the game? Seems like you've set yourself up a nice catch-22 of non-activity.
Frozen wrote:I'd like to see actual content from Sleepless. He definitely looks like someone trying to slide by.

Kalei still hasn't moved forward from where I last pointed out that he's done nothing.

We haven't heard from gandalf for a very long time.
Frozen wrote:Yes, and Espeonage is regular lurking.
Frozen wrote:ToonFighter continues to play the role of useless lurker to a tee.
Frozen wrote:Feysal’s 275 is hopefully the precursor of actual content, like soon. Otherwise he goes into the box of players lurking and being useless.
Frozen wrote:90% of this game needs to stop being crappy non-contributors and actually do something.

In the meantime – WMC, Helghast and IH still look to be very good lynches. I’m trying to decide home many potential scum are hiding in the mass of active / normal lurkers we have.
The above aren't scummy until:
Frozen wrote:This game is a prime example of why Power-role rich games are so stagnant. Everyone is too busy lurking trying to not draw attention thanks to their Awesome Role ™ thinking they are a precious and unique snowflake. When most likely most everyone has a role the importance of your individual role is that much greatly diminished.
Then trying to misrep me when I point out the above:
Frozen wrote:Our vote and attention has been on WMC. Are you saying he’s a lurker? Are you sayin asking for Prods on non-posters qualifies as ‘attacking lurkers’? Do you believe active lurkers like Helghast aren’t more likely to be scum than regular lurkers?
I wasn't talking about Weapons. Just because you go after one specific active player (who I think is town) doesn't mean your comments about lurkers don't count for anything.

And yes, you've asked for some prods. That's not my point though. Well, not my original point. But if you think power roles are lurking to protect their role, prodding them kind of goes against their "strategy". And if anyone were trying not to draw attention to their power role (which I don't think is happening because that's terrible play, but you pointed this out), I think it would be more likely to be the
active lurkers
. I actually skipped your quotes that go after active lurkers. Active lurkers are lurking due to either strategy or playstyle. Normal lurkers are probably just inactive. This is why I don't like your take on lurkers.
Frozen wrote:2. If we are calling out the MAJORITY of the game for lurking we certainly are attempting to target the strongest PRs :roll:
3. Yes, I understand fully that you are using pointless sarcasm here. Yet it’s a stupid argument so it deserves attention.
2. I was talking about specifcs, as shown above.
3. Uhhh, where was I being sarcastic?
Tasky wrote:CLAIM: LYNCHER. LYNCH CHESSKID, I'VE GOT INSIDE INFORMATION THAT HE IS SCUM.
If this guy isn't dead tonight, we should lynch him tomorrow. We'll judge Chess on his own play, not Tasky's play/role/flip. I think Chess is town.
Bunny wrote:o.o I thought if your a lyncher, you are told the role you are looking for and not the actual person your looking for.
For example: I am Snake the lyncher. I have to lynch whoever is Metaknight.
Or does it work both ways?
Frozen wrote:Is a lyncher always a town role? I'm not terribly enlightened about them in-game.
It's most commonly a third party role who knows the player's name and wins by lynching them. Bunny's way is possible though and it
can
be a town role with a secondary win condition or some kind of bonus for lynching the lynchee.
Weapons wrote:The kicker here is that I can easily prove my role. Don't give me any mafia watcher bullshit either, I'm too pissed to defend myself.
Fey wrote:This. I've never lynched a power role capable of proving his ability, and see no reason to start now. Also, remember that 16 of our roles came from here, and watcher is clearly listed as pro-town.
Gandalf wrote:Role has nothing to do with alignment in this game.

:roll:

Yes, the role can be proven. Alignment, however, can't. Big difference. And what Gandalf says is true for ANY closed setup, not just
this
game.
Bunny wrote:This role is easy to be proved. That is the reason why people are unvoting. Nothing about alignment to do with it.
Read this quote. Read it again. Now read it out loud. Have someone else read it to you. If you still don't see what is wrong with it, there's something wrong.

Unvote, Vote IH
. A lurker lynch is a good Day 1 deadline lynch. If Weapons is town, his results can help us. I'm willing to keep him alive a little longer in order to take that chance.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:06 am

Post by Bunnylover »

Wow I just realized how wrong that quote is Sleepless Assassian.
voting IH for lurking isn't what we should be doing. Should we not leave the lurkers for the Vig or Sk assuming if their is either role in this game.
I would rather lynch Tasky.
Show
I have played 25 games:

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:17 am

Post by chesskid3 »

IH was scummymcscumster before he started lurking though

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”