dodging posting restrictions

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:22 am

Post by the silent speaker »

I think he means harsher in terms of subjectivity. I also think it depends on the nature of the loophole; IIRC in Points Mafia MeMe bought a post restriction that allowed only smilies and got around it by making a cipher of them. (I wasn't in that game, only read it, so I could have any or all details wrong.) As a mod, I would probably have stopped that, because it defeats the whole idea of the restriction, which is to convey what you want by way of the emoticons rather than by what amounts to writing in an emoticon-based font; but if she found a site with twenty million custom smilies and used those, that I would have allowed even if I initially meant for the smilies to be limited to the line under the Fast Reply screen.

Here's a post-restricted role I thought of: the Rising Politician (pro-town). During each game day, he must make at least one statement which is game-related and provably false (phrasing it in the form of a question or an opinion doesn't count, because it is not provably false that such is your opinion at the time of posting) or be modkilled; if he meets the restriction, he is given a doc-protect, a cop investigation, and a vig kill of which he can use any, none, or all as he wishes. Balanced? Unplayable? Thoughts?
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:53 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

I dunno. In Seuss Mafia I pretended to have a rhyming restriction. That was kinda fun (though damned hard to keep up by day 6 or so).
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons

Return to “Mafia Discussion”