The Lord of the Rings Mafia - GAME OVER (KABOOM)

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2400 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:45 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Memorable stuff about this game:

1. Anti-Town CAPS WAR with Fate. This is the only way I can ever hope to read Fate. Fate, your play style is far too different from mine since you are high tier CAPS, and I always find teh CAPS tough to read. (I skim over your posts 90% of the time, with my sense detector detecting the important stuff. It gets lost in translation sometimes.). Still, that was plenty of fun, despite being annoying. (Plus it gave me reason to do some petty bickering with Gilbert Gottfriend.). Sorry about that! It's one of the way I get into the game because pure analysis is boring. We need drama! Action! Suspense~!

2. When Katy claimed the scum alt wincon, I was SCARED. REALLY SCARED. We were doing so well and I knew that being screwed over by the Alternate wincon was very possible given that chain link of kills. @.@. D4 was so tense that my emotions were just going haywire whenever I post(which led to the CAPS WAR which had a soothing effect of calming me down by making fun of Edge.). In my head, we had too many scummy people and two nights to find two scum. I was ballistic then, I thought we had to lynch properly twice or lose with the nagging suspicion that Gollum was a hostile third party. @.@

3. It's pretty rare for me to be this emotionally invested AND get some reads right. XD. I know that one of my weaknesses is if I'm not thinking clearly, I fudge up and go full on tunnel mode. I called Katscum, rewqscum, Dekesscum, zwetscum and had some pretty strong reads. This is one of my better played Town games.

4. Almost guessing the setup is awesome. 8D. I knew enough about Andy and Plum to guess stuff.

5. Clean sweep! Huh? Wraith-who? Oh, you mean the fifth member of Mordor who flips Town?

---

PS. I'd love a LegoVas Title. Muhahahah. (I don't get the VuVuzela joke that seems to be going around. >.>. What is a vuvuzela?)
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2401 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:47 pm

Post by Dekes »

I call Mordor win due to mod errors! I got a pm saying I had received the Minas Ithil Palantir which wasn't true and the final lynch scene says I was in possession of an Elven ring which wasn't true either!

Oh yeah, what I really meant to say was that I third the comment about this being the most enjoyable game I've played so far. Admittedly my experience is limited and this was my first Large Theme game, but nonetheless this game was helluva fun. Flavor was superb and modding was (almost :p) flawless, so thanks for that, Plum, Andrius and who else was involved in creating this.

I think the turning point for our team (turning point for Isengard was when they drew a2rude and zwet in their team..sorry, no offense, but it's true) was the killing of Glork on D3. Not only because we lost a valuable member (and if he really was that easily lynchable is detable) but also because we lost the ring we just had gotten the night before and so we likely had to kill four people again to meet our alternate win con.
Sure, N3 was a nice comeback for us and the chain of killing that night nothing short of epic for everyone involved, but it quickly went south after that again.
Now I could moan that I chose the wrong person out of the two N5 I was considering when I went for a bulletproof townie instead of the last mason. But since Katy blocked me anyway it's moot.
I must say I'm really glad I wasn't able to be around to prevent my lynch though. I can only imagine the frustration it would've created if I had built another huge defence/diversion post only to have Katy say in her next post: "Oh yeah, I blocked Dekes last nigt, die scum!" XD

A couple of points, then I'm off to college. I'll read the massive amount of QTness tonight:

Edge: Be assured I would've gone for jenni as mason N6 if I had lived to it. Your mason claim didn't convince me which is why I was asking if you had any additional abilities. Nice try though.

Katy: I'm not sure, but I think you already said D4 that you had me pegged as scum based on PoE. Now I haven't read your mason QT, maybe it gets cleared up there, but mind telling me how LL was able to pass that PoE? ;)

Oh yeah, and regarding my last post before the lynch. It may be misleading but I think town played a very solid game. I couldn't make out any big mistakes or facepalms and they may have won anyway. I was only making the point that saying luck was not on the side of town in this game was simply absurd.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2402 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:49 pm

Post by Plum »

Fate wrote:Um.

So.

Plum gave Mordor scum a very generous deal but shafted the purple teams Roleblock and Ringsearch N1?

I saw no difference in those two situations, as both were "heavinly implied/suggested" if not officially submitted.

I call shenanigans...
Here's the dealio: Both teams screwed up submitting actions on time Night 1. I was generous enough to do a reasonable job looking through their quicktopoics and accepting actions I deemed were implied strongly enough before deadline hit. That said, it's not my job to get a player's or team's actions in officially (that means PMed or bolded in the quicktopic) and on time (for the express reason that the Moderator can tell officially the team's intent for Night Actions); it simply is not a Moderator's responsibility to do that. Generosity prompted me to offer a chance to those who didn't fully fulfill their responsibilities there, but if I missed something of that nature, I firmly believe that it is not a Moderator error. The Isengard Mafia put themselves in a position where they did not officially have their actions in on time (which means that they didn't bring it to my attention in the way they were required to) and were at risk of me not seeing their improperly submitted (or merely
implied
) actions. Basically, if you don't make your intentions crystal clear to me in the proper format and within the allotted time, it's not my fault if I don't manage to process the actions properly. Isengard, unfortunatly for both them and me, got unluckier than Mordor when this happened Night 1. I maintain that this cannot be considered a Moderator error (though you may debate my judgment on taking heavily implied/suggested actions at all).
Fate wrote:I too want to know what would happen if Dekes got Gollum as his backup role >_> ONE SHOT DAYKILL FTW?
Check the Role PMs; the Backup (and for that matter the Motivate) only worked for powers classified under
Active Abilities
. Gollum's actions were I believe classified . . . man, did
that
manage to be a fix I thought I implemented - Andrius, which version of the PMs did you post here? In any case, Gollum's actions were intended to be classified as
Factional Abilities
, so.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2403 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:53 pm

Post by Andrius »

VV wrote: 4. Almost guessing the setup is awesome. 8D. I knew enough about Andy and Plum to guess stuff.
XD I was laughing when you speculated based on Greek Mythos.

I might go Nom you for LegoVas or Vuvuzela in a bit. Watching South Park ATM.

Dekes wrote: I call Mordor win due to mod errors! I got a pm saying I had received the Minas Ithil Palantir which wasn't true and the final lynch scene says I was in possession of an Elven ring which wasn't true either!
Nero left the Elven Ring at the scene of the crime, see?
Not sure about the palantir; you got Orthanc's from SlySly. Perhaps we sent you the PM for rewq's, since he got Minas Tirith. :/

@ Plum: I copied all the PMs from the "Saved Drafts" section, so they're probably the older ones. :/
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #2404 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:55 pm

Post by Fate »

The mason claim was after YOU was dead.

plus another reason I fakeclaimed Mason because Nero went: I tink u iz mason Edge, so I ROLLED WITH IT since I knew he was Gollum. I still feel dum about putting my vote on Dekes without taking the hammering situation into effect (especially given Nero's unvoting to prevent me hammering the day before) when we were so careful about it with Wraith's lynch. (And by careful I mean DAMN YOU INHIM)

@VV: YOU ARE A GODDAMNED VUVUZELA, THAT CONSTANT ABRASIVE NOISE THAT IS ALWAYS PRESENT AT LONG AND DRAWN OUT EVENTS (/irony)
@Plum: Meh we'll see if Katsrage comes in with any words, I was just pointing it out because it caught my attention.

That's it. All things have been read and accounted for.... god damn why did that take three hours?

/sleep

I'll probably nominate/seconddd anything tomorrow just too tired atm. (not a nomination for Nero, of course, but game-related design things)
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2405 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:01 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Awesome game, Plum & Andy. Great flavour and a fun setup. Sorry I wasn't around as much as I'd have liked to be; sometimes I'd come back to the thread and I'd have missed hundreds of posts. At least I drew a (blocked) NK. My plan on the last couple of days was to try to be the hammer so that I could get the ring and keep it from scum/Gollum for an extra day with my BP-ness. Once Rewq flipped scum I was pretty convinced that Mari wasn't scum and that Dekes was, but again I wasn't around at the right time for the hammer. In any case, Nero played really well to achieve his wincon with perfect timing, and so did town, aside from the odd bit of madness. The masons did well and I thought VV was very accurate with his reading of the game. When the alternate wincon came out, I had visions of the ACoK town meltdown all over again with defeat from the jaws of victory, but thankfully town (with help from Gollum) took it comfortably.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2406 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:03 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Man, I just realized that D4 should not have been tense. Curse me for not noticing that Gollum got the ring from Glork earlier. @.@.

Fate, I'm not THAT noisy. I'm only that noisy if: you're around/you were around/you're going to enter the game at some point in the near future. <3. If I am a Vuvuzela(wiki'd. >.> I think I get it.), you're the Vuvuzel-er.
(There's a very off color joke here somewhere.)
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2407 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:07 pm

Post by Andrius »

Hey, just nominated VV for
Vuvuzela
, HERE. <3 you bro.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2408 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:22 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Hahahaha. Oh. Haha. I love reading the QTs. Minas Ithil and Frodo's QTs are funneh. Who's that lonely Minas Ithil there? And rewq fakeclaiming Merry in a QT titled 'Frodo and the One Ring' is hilarious. Where did Wraith get his BS about Orthanc and Minas Mogul?

@Andy: LEGOVAS WANTED LEGOVAS. D:< (Thanks though. :D)
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2409 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:23 pm

Post by Andrius »

Oman doesn't like puns. :( Sorry Vas. :(
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2410 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:28 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

For the record, making that post quoted in the nom was super fun. 8D. Getting Fate riled up was awesome.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2411 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:30 pm

Post by Andrius »

Yeah, reading it was too. XD
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2412 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:17 pm

Post by Katy »

Dekes wrote:Katy: I'm not sure, but I think you already said D4 that you had me pegged as scum based on PoE. Now I haven't read your mason QT, maybe it gets cleared up there, but mind telling me how LL was able to pass that PoE? ;)
Oh when I said POE, what I really meant was "I roleblocked you last night but I don't want you to know that yet."

When deciding who to roleblock, we had rewq as number one scummerson, but because of the whole tracking thing, we figured he would not be going anywhere and even if he did there was a good chance he would be tracked and also Mariyta would have seen the RB, which would have confused things.

So you were next on the list but I don't have a list of reasons why - for me it was a combo of gut and a massive reread I had done on the previous day looking at different connections between people and reading people in ISO to figure out how likely I thought people were to be scum and Jenni had some good reasons as well. Actually it's kind of funny, Jenni contributed so much more to the game than it seemed in the thread because of her posting in our QT. It really is a lot easier to reason stuff out there, where you don't have to hold back or worry as much about being wrong.
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2413 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:24 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

The masons had daytalk? *reading through that now.*
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2414 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:29 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Relevant, btw. Flight of the Conchords + LOTR

I still don't get the Palantir stuff. I think I'm missing something here. Why is there only one post when both scumteams seem to know stuff about it.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2415 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:50 am

Post by bv310 »

Masonry ftw!
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2416 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:54 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

This was a great game to follow, even after I died. Enjoyed my time here while it lasted and I learned a few things about hydra's and what not from here and MagnaofIllusion (And of course what not to do under a hydra, vote before a head gets the oppertunity to speak, lurk like WeirdRa did, etc.).

Town played a fantastic game here for the most part. The only thing that I didn't like about this town was the Wraith lynch, which I felt was totally unjustified. Other days, town was in gear, scum hunting a lot, and knew what they were doing.

And I can't believe I got so many scum reads right, that has never happened to me before.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2417 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:16 am

Post by bv310 »

Despite the fact that I wasn't really participating, I only voted for scum this game. That's a first.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #2418 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:41 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

For the record, I skated as much as I did because I knew I had Edge, the most active member in the game, locked up tight. Had this been a different situation and Edge would have died, my participation would have picked up for sure.

Great game, well maintained, enjoyed it very much. I was glad to have a meaningful effect on the game. Also, come on... you read Reap's post and tell me that isn't cause for a little bit of unease when it comes to Wraithhammer.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #2419 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:42 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

EBWOP: That should have read more along the lines of "I would have tried to post at work more" instead of "I was actively avoiding this game." :P
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2420 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:12 am

Post by Mariyta »

SpyreX wrote:Woot.

Good game even if there were times I wanted to tear my eyes out.
Totally true. I have several new favorite people to play with now, even though most of them make me want to scream most of the time. This is definitely one of my favorite games.

I'm really surprised I made it to the end. I rarely do.

And I'll reiterate:
Glorfindel got screwed!

Did SlySly ever explain why he CCed me? I haven't read through the Dead QT yet.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2421 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:15 am

Post by Wraith »

On gameplay, I think the palantiri need to be changed up or removed entirely. I tried to start conversation a couple night, but because they were both held by a scumteam nobody wanted to talk, until RC started screwing with me.

I was mostly confused and just trying to stay alive most of the game. The D4 lynch should not have happened, and it was the town being stupid. I did have some really retarded moments (Death Miller speculation, bleh) but it seemed like the whole town, ESPECIALLY Fate, was purposely ignoring things just to get me lynched. If Edge knew I wasn't lying about anything in the palantir QT, he shouldn't have accused me of that. And then there's the disgraceful BS lynching me after I cooperated to the best of my ability while Dekes just lurked through the day.

NC gave me shit in another thread about how I "gave up" near the end, which is true, because I'd exhausted everything I could have possibly said in my own defense and it had all been thrown back in my face as "lies." I don't deserve 100% blame for that debacle.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2422 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:50 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

First let me say Great game to Plum and Andrius. You provided great flavor, and interesting set-up, and some interesting alternative mechanics (the Rings Alt-Win condition, the Palantirs).

Second let me say overall great job to the playerbase as a whole. A Large Theme game that requires only one replacement shows in general the players took the game seriously.

On to specific comments –

As mentioned in the Dead QT the fact that Town correctly lynched Scum 4 of 5 days but could have still lost (up until Rewq was Daykilled this was still a possibility) demonstrates the swinginess of the set-up. Without Gollum hitting multiple scum Town would likely have been likely screwed.

@a2rude – If we other cross paths in a future game and I see you lurking I will lynch your slot. Reading the scum QT it was obvious you were lurking for effect.

@Fate – You may state your Day 4 and early Day 5 play was your playstyle and you are human. That’s certainly fine and acceptable an opinion. That said you went out of your way to bounce your vote back and forth Day 4 so many times and in so many directions you crushed any semblance of logical play for Town. The fact that you knew full well that you were screwing around in the Palantir QT with Wraith yet still considered that a factor in pushing for his lynch wasn’t good play. You may call yourself ovb-Town all you want but your Day 4 play was far from Pro-Town. Luckily Katy was able to take control of the Day 5 play and Nero did Town a favor by killing rewq.

I’m rather bummed that somehow changing over to a Hydra suddenly shifted me from badass Mordor Mafia to bland VT.

The Mafia and Mason QTs were interesting reads.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #2423 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:20 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Victoire!

Kudos to the mods for a fun game.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2424 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:04 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I agree that Andy and Plum put together a great game and I had fun playing. Also thank you Katy and Jenni for the kind words.

I did NOT want to lynch you Wraith, I was rather fence sitting on your wagon but then you just started with these one-liners instead of looking for scum and that just turned off your townie points.

++++lol @ Dekes impersonating me in the QT
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”