Mini 1062 - The Lies of Locke Lamora (game over!)

Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:24 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Vote:jenniwren
, because she believed a fake cop claim against me when I was a townie tracker.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:39 am

Post by Coach Travis »

I've read book 1, so I have a ton of knowledge about that one, but for some reason I got sidetracked and only read 100 pages of book 2. Sooner or later I'll read the whole thing though, as I loved the first book, and the second one was also looking good.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:12 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Sorry for not posting lately, I was just so annoyed reading palmer's meta thing I couldn't find much of interest to post about. Anyway, I agree that Skyquiem isn't looking too good so far, I'll be watching out for him as the game goes on. But seriously, palmer is just getting distracting at this point, and the only people who'd have good reason to be like that are scum, and he still hasn't really contributed much, and as far as I can tell hasn't really sumhunted even with being easily the most active player, and so for now I'd rather,
unvote,
Vote:palmertrou
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Alright, I've read through everything some more now, and am ready to share some thoughts on players:

MSh:I'm liking him so far. I've never been opposed to setup speculation in a game like this, since scum start out knowing a bit more than the town does, so trying to figure out more of it is a good idea, plus he may have caught palmer making a bit mistake. Overall, he's one of the players I find least likely to be scum right now.

jenniwren:She's not playing much differently from how she did in our previous game together, where she's mostly targeting one player at first and putting as much pressure on them as possible at this point. Since she was town before, and I have no problem with her case on skyquiem, she's another player low on my list of potential scum.

Skyquiem:I didn't really think his one post was that suspicious, it may been a strange thing to say, but I can see it coming from both sides, so I wouldn't vote him just for that. The active lurking and the fact that his only attempt at making a case so far was absolutely horrendous, make him look worse, however. Right now he's probably my number two pick for scum.

I had actually typed up something saying parama could be scum(and connected to Skyquiem), and then he unvotes.... I need to reconsider my read on him for now. Out of the players I didn't mention, Macavity and DDB seem less likely to be scum, they've both been pretty helpful so fa, and have done nothing really suspicious. There's still some players I'm not sure of yet.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Oh, and the reason for the first sentence in the last paragraph:My biggest problem with Parama before just now was I thought his vote was extremely weak, and possibly just defending Skyquiem, because ther's really no reason to vote someone for pressuring like jenniwren was doing.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

No, I don't think pressuring is ever a bad thing, especially not early on, because it's the only good way to get things going. That's why I had been suspicious of you, because it seemed like you were criticizing a player for pressuring another player, which I didn't like, and because the vote was so easy to defend against, it didn't have any pressure to it. so it seemed pointless. Your last post is what made me reconsider, though it doesn't mean I'm giving you a free pass. And yeah, I totally wouldn't know your usual scum tactics, never read any of your games so that last sentence in your post is irrelevant.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #6) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:25 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Yeah, right now I don't think MSh is scum, since his case on palmer was pretty good, and I don't mind his defense of Skyquiem, since while I'm interpreting his posts as scummy, it's not impossible to interpret his play the way MSh did, and that's certainly nothing worth attacking him for. So far he's been one of the better players, I think. Not sure about Furcolow:His sudden switch like that seems weird, but then again, I played in a game where he was town and he was erratic, so he's only a minor suspect. That being said, palmer and Skyquiem are still my top suspects.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:34 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Sorry for not posting, I've been reading through a lot, but this has been a really slow game, and I really can't find much to say. I am interested to see what furcolow will do now that he's off the Skyquiem bandwagon, and also to hear from some of the inactive posters. I'd still personally prefer to lynch palmer, as he seems the scummier of the two.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

@parama:
1. I personally don't mind setup speculation, and the way MSh was using it to hunt palmer was effective, I thought, which is why I liked it.

2.Yeah, that's actually a good point. I shouldn't be making reads just based on meta, because I know I try to play the same regardless of role, so why would others not do the same thing? That was a silly thing to say on my part, though right now I still have no problems with jenni.

3. See, I've been in situations myself where I've been in trouble early on and just flailing back at people for attacking me, and even done this as town before, so that explains the first part of my comment on Skyquiem. The rest was explaining why I think he could be scum, so I see no problem with that. I'd still rather lynch palmer right now, but Skyquiem would be my second choice. So basically, I was saying I wouldn't lynch him just for his reactions to being attacked, but for how he's played overall.

4. This has pretty much been covered, I had typed my message, went to submit it, then your unvote showed up, so because my comments on you were mostly centered on that vote, I felt it wouldn't make sense to keep them there once the vote had been removed.

And I don't get how anything I've said has been forced, or what was wrong with post 77, it was mostly further explaining why I was originally suspicious of you, and was along the same lines as everything else I had been saying. I clearly misinterpreted your actions, but everything I said about pressuring still holds true. Lastly, can you elaborate about this supposed connection I have to Skyquiem? I'm not understanding that at all.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

I have to agree with DDD and Michel, that roleclaim does have a lot of holes, and some of palmer's actions simply seem scummy even after the claim. Plus, his latest post makes him look even worse, like he knows he was figured out and is pretty much just desperate at this point. I definitely still think he should be lynched.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:21 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Yeah, that was silly, and with no explanation. Since no one answered as far as I know:I'm pretty sure a game this size usually has either 3 or 4 scum, any more would be too much, less than 3 probably isn't enough.

And yeah, there really isn't much to say right now, except that palmer's fakeclaim was awful and he hasn't exactly looked better since then. Especially with Skyquiem being replaced now, and me preferring to give replacements a chance, I'm now even more in favor of lynching than I was before.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #11) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

the Thiefmaker is actually a pretty minor character:If I remember correctly he's only there for the prologue, and he's was in charge of a younger Locke. But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the game, and your flavor does actually make sense, but the way you've played still bothers me a bit.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #12) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

palmer's been a little bit better lately, now that he's been taking things much more seriously since his full roleclaim, but his case on furcolow seems very forced and as furcolow himself said, a lot of it really is stretching things, especially his second point(the one about feigning ignorance because he actually is scum). Don't know how he'd come to that conclusion, it makes no sense to me. Right now out of those two, I'm more inclined to lynch palmer, as I have more scummy vibes from him. I'd maybe be suspicious of furcolow if palmer turns up town, but otherwise he looks fine to me.

As for our lurker:I admit his lack of posts is really insane, but I'll give him a chance now that he's been posting a bit lately. I don't like to vote just for lurking, there's so many possible reasons for doing it, a lot of which aren't scummy.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #13) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:51 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Wow, that last post from furcolow was really bad, I'm definitely less sure of him now. First off, why the heck do you suddenly list me as a suspect, when you'd barely even mentioned me at all beforehand? You also never gave any reasons at all, so the whole thing seems forced. You have given reasons for your other suspects, but not me, so why am I even mentioned there?

Also, while not necessarily scummy, voting yourself is pretty stupid, especially when you're not even in that much danger right now, I didn't think you were very likely to be lynched at all, so the self vote seems very silly.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #14) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:56 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

@ThAdmiral:My reason for saying that is with how much those two are going after each other I think it's very possible one of them is scum, but I don't think both of them are, so once we see the alignment of one it could help us determine the other. Obviously, if one of them gets lynched and turns up scum I wouldn't be in a rush to lynch the other, I was just saying if one of them is town, I wouldn't be shocked if the other is scum.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #15) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:03 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

@furcolow:I'm not saying you're wrong about who's scum, and I'm not upset just because you listed me as a suspect:What bugs me is that you had barely mentioned me before, then when you do call me a suspect you give no reason at all. That's all I'm asking for, is actual reasoning from you. Also, stating in-game that you think someone has a PR is not good, as there's no reason for townies to know who has them while scum want that information. Right now you're looking worse and worse as the game goes on.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (isolation #16) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:03 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

I don't think a2rudeboy would be a good lynch, the only suspicious thing he's done is his lurking, and he at least seems to be getting more active as the game goes on, so that's good to see. His vote on palmer is fine, he had decent reasoning for it, when asked, and he was sorta after him early on so it makes sense.

Good to see Skyquiem return, and I agree that we should wait to hear from him before hammering palmer, since there's still more than a full day before deadline.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #17) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:38 am

Post by Coach Travis »

Man is Furcolow awful, just jumping around all over the place, pretty much, with no good reasoning for anything. That last page or was really tough to read. Anyway, at this point I don't actually think he's scum, he just seems ridiculously hyper, and I've played with him before in a game where he was town and he was similar. Skyquiem I still find somewhat scummy, but not as much as palmer.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

@DDD:I went through and saw all votes/unvotes since the last vote count, and he has indeed been hammered. Anyway, my thoughts for now:

Looks like we mislynched, so that sucks. I think the problem was the whole meta thing was really annoying people right from the start, plus his location fishing looked bad, so it was kinda difficult to take the roleclaim seriously, at least that's how I felt about it. During the night I'll go back and do as palmer instructed me, which is look at other player responses to his posts and see what I get from that. Right now I agree that Jenni's hammer post looks bad, especially when combined with the other thing palmer mentioned, so I already think I was wrong about her. Aside from that, I have a lot of rereading ahead of me.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (isolation #19) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

I still don't like jenni's hammer post on palmer, but asking for parama to out himself to explain what happened is ridiculous, and the first thing a2rudeboy has done to give me a scummy read, so I'll
Vote:a2rudeboy

My re-read is still happening, I'm just busy tonight and didn't expect the day to start this fast(less than 48 hours after the cardflip), so it'll likely be done tomorrow.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (isolation #20) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:51 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Okay, time for my updated reads on everyone, based on my big re-read. Since there are probably either 3 or 4 scum in this game, and there's no way all of them had their vote in the same place(that would be way too predictable), I've divided this list into two sections:Those voting palmer, and those not voting him.

Not voting palmer:
Benmage:He looks pretty good to me. He started the day very slow, but once he became more active in the second half he was consistent, thought voting palmer was a waste when compared to a2rudeboy who he felt wasn't contributing nearly enough and was lurker scum. Seeing how a2rudeboy started this day out and how everything's gone down, I don't find Benmage very suspicious right now, seemed like he legitimately wanted the best lynch for the town, and he rejected the idea of a no lynch, which is obviously correct:No lynching benefits scum more than town.

ThAdmiral:Not very active throughout, and he maybe hasn't contributed as much as some players, but overall he doesn't look too scummy to me, he was consistently defending palmer throughout the day, and he asked some questions to either help gain information, or to understand other players actions, which is good, town needs to know stuff, mafia doesn't, except for who has PR's, which he wasn't asking about. His comments on furcolow were also accurate, and as with Benmage, his vote on a2Rudeboy is justifiable. Looks fine to me.

Skyquiem:Never liked him from the start of the game, his reaction to being voted was really bad, as others mentioned at the time, plus the active lurking. Even when he came back after his problems, he focused almost all his attention one player, and that of course was someone who thought he was scum. His whole thing furcolow was tough to read, but going through it I think of either of them is scum it's him, not furcolow. Plus, his one post on palmer after returning was just him fence sitting, which suggests he needed to just play things safe. I said before I felt he could be scum, and I still feel that way.

Parama:I don't like his attitude from early on, very impatient and just wanting anything to happen, though I guess he made up for that once things got going, so that's null. I had concerns over his defending of Skyquiem early, but that too was eventually canceled out. Aside from that, I thought his really big post was interesting, if not overly helpful, he too defended palmer and also in a non-suspicious way, and I feel he's been very active and helpful overall. His vote on jenniwren was also good, I agree that how jenni delivered that hammer vote looked bad. I understand palmer's own concern that he may just be trying to earn town cred, but I don't find him overly scummy right now.

So to sum up this section, I feel out of these four Skyquiem is the scummiest, Parama could be scum but I feel he's more likely town, and I'm pretty sure the other two are town.

Voting palmer:
Furcolow:Really not much to say about him, he was jumping around all over the place, and while he did have a set group of people he was after, it took very little for him to switch from one to the other, which got very irritating. In general, he seems like a very sloppy player, going more on emotion than anything else, and so I'd say he's very unhelpful and very hard to get a read on because he spends so much time flailing around like that. If I had to guess I'd say he's town, because I wouldn't expect scum to be that terrible, but I've seen it before. Either way, I don't like him, but wouldn't suggest lynching him.

a2rudeboy:He looks very bad right now. First off, the ridiculous amount of lurking, with no explanation for it, going after palmer for something totally irrelevant to this game, voting him later on with no reasoning(he answered when asked about it, but I prefer for reasoning to be given at the time of the post, the other way looks more suspicious), and just generally not contributing much at all. Then today starts and he asks for more information about a night event... Yeah, I'm happy to keep my vote on him.

jenniwren:She started out fine, can't argue against her vote on Skyquiem, putting pressure on a scummy player is never a bad idea. However, what bugs me when looking through her in iso is how she flip flopped a bit regarding Palmer:First she votes him, then she says his suspicious looking play had been well accounted for, and that he looked town, then she suddenly says the claim is still bad and makes that overly long hammer post(I like reasoning in votes, but that went on so long and it felt like she was spending the whole time justifying why she was voting a town player). She looks scummy.

MichelSableheart:He's interesting, that's for sure. The thing is, while he played a huge role in getting a townie lynched, there are things in his favor, mostly that he at least stayed consistent in his reasoning the whole time, and the points he made all made sense to me, considering I agreed with it and also felt palmer was scum. His point about furcolow was also good, saying as bad as he is he probably isn't scum. And while right now I'm voting a2rudeboy, a jenni vote is totally justified. I'll always have just a little bit of doubt about him, but right now I think he's town.

Debonair Danny DiPietro:Very similar to MSh, at least in regards to palmer, in that he was very consistent in his attacks on him and used similar reasoning. I feel he's been a helpful player so far, though he has done a couple things I don't understand(calling ThAdmiral suspicious with no real explanation), and his post-hammer post could have been him justifying a mislynch, though probably not, since it was consistent with his thoughts on palmer. Not as sure about him as I am about MSh, but I'd still consider him town right now.

So to sum up the second section:jenni and Rude seem the most likely scum, Furcolow is confusing but leaning town, and MSh and DDD appear town.

Overall, that means I have three strong scum reads, which is likely the amount of scum in the game, and a couple other players I feel could be scum if one of my reads is off. Right now I'm happy to leave my vote where it is, but I'd be happy to lynch jenni or Skyqueim. Anyone else I'd need to see do something very scummy to switch my vote.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (isolation #21) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:27 am

Post by Coach Travis »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Undercontribution (though this wasn't well articulated) plus the fact that he wasn't reading the thread for content (ISO 13+14). Frankly the fact that you call the second point "no real explanation" suggests the same about you (not reading for content).
Okay, I missed ISO 14 last night when I did the re-read, probably because you were the last one I did and it was taking forever. So yeah, I can get what you were saying now, that particular post did seem forced and didn't add anything new.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (isolation #22) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:03 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Furcolow wrote:ok, what should i do, then, parama?
I actually explained something similar to you previously:Your biggest problem is you're way too jumpy, don't seem to pay full attention to other people's posts, instead jumping at one little thing that may not reflect the rest of the post, and are generally not giving good reasoning for doing things. Basically, work at being more thoughtful and thorough with your posts, and we won't be complaining about you so much.

And yeah, ThAdmiral's latest post wasn't as strong as I'd like, only calling one person scum and not voting them, calling others interesting but not even suspicious. I'm a little less sure about him, but he's still not one of my main suspects.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (isolation #23) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:16 am

Post by Coach Travis »

Well, after that disaster I'll definitely need to re-think things. Still don't like Skyquiem or jenni, but I definitely don't want to rush things again, only to have someone lynched while I'm sleeping. Only thing I can say for sure:Parama is town. What he did was such an obvious scummy thing, there's no way scum would do it.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Hammering someone without letting them claim is scummy. I mean, it's not guaranteed he wouldn't have been lynched anyway, but it's better to at least give someone a chance, instead of ending the day way too early(we had over a week left).
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (isolation #25) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Yeah, the level of sloppy play here is getting pretty ridiculous. I'm still waiting for DJ's catch up post, since his slot is still one I'm suspicious of. Right now, I still don't like Parama, and think one of him or jenni is probably scum, but thinking about it some more, I can't decide which at the moment. Also haven't liked ThAdmiral as much lately. I'm pretty sure DDD and furcolow are town, but that's all I'm sure of(my previous post about Parama was indeed a hasty judgment and seeing how he's been lately makes him doing that as scum seem more possible than I originally thought).
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (isolation #26) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Yeah, that was interesting. The thing is, while I'm a bit confused about the ??? thing, my guess is certain circumstances would cause his role to die, so maybe because he wasn't lynched or NK'd, that's why his alignment was never revealed. Either way, I see no way he wasn't town:He was Calo Sanza, one of the Gentlemen Bastards. Because Locke and Jean have already died and were confirmed as town, he had to have been town:I don't see how he could possibly not be on the same side as those two, it would make no sense.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (isolation #27) » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:54 am

Post by Coach Travis »

Same here. I won't rush him to post something, but I'd prefer to hear what he has to say before doing anything potentially risky. With that being said, I do have a bit of an idea of who I'd prefer to vote next, but I'll still take more time to consider it.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (isolation #28) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:50 am

Post by Coach Travis »

I'm not really getting that argument at all:You're saying it's an off chance Parama is scum, have basically said little about me this whole game, yet now you're voting me because in this scenario you find unlikely, I'd also be scum? For a Lylo situation, that seems pretty weak.

Also, I'm Capa Vencarlo Barsavi, leader of the Camorri underworld.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (isolation #29) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:33 am

Post by Coach Travis »

I read it, still sounds weak to me, like you're just using probability scenarios instead of actually finding reasons to suspect me. You've suspected the other two at various points, so I'd get voting them, but with me it just seems like I'm sorta the odd man out so it's automatically a vote.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (isolation #30) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

don_johnson wrote:330 is poor. seriously, how many of you admit you're scum after the hammer vote? i think i've seen it once(if that) in all of my games. and it certainly wasn't on day 1. but travis sees the mislynch? oh, and of course the
hammer
looks bad now...
I don't see scum reveal themselves post hammer, so that's accurate, but I often see townies make a few final posts to try and help their teammates just before the lynch is made official, so I was very certain he was mislynched, because he seemed to be giving advice for the next day. I already gave reasons for why the hammer was bad:Not because she hammered, but because the whole thing seemed like an overly long justification for something the majority of the town agreed with:It seemed like a post meant to start a bandwagon, not finish someone off. So in that scenario with a post like that, of course my first thought was she knew his alignment and wanted us to think she was so sure he was scum.[/quote]
don_johnson wrote:353: coach is scum. one down.
coach travis wrote:ThAdmiral:Not very active throughout, and he maybe hasn't contributed as much as some players, but overall he doesn't look too scummy to me, he was consistently defending palmer throughout the day, and he asked some questions to either help gain information, or to understand other players actions, which is good, town needs to know stuff, mafia doesn't, except for who has PR's, which he wasn't asking about. His comments on furcolow were also accurate, and as with Benmage, his vote on a2Rudeboy is justifiable. Looks fine to me.
^^ terrible. hey guys, look, its my partner. he's town. thadmiral is scum, two down.
What? I look scummy because I initially had a town read on someone who we don't even know the alignment of, just because some think he's scum? Geez, some of these arguments against me are just ridiculous.
don_johnson wrote:seriously. i am amazed that there was so much discussion about jenni's hammer and virtually none about parama.
I'll admit I messed up there:I did bring that up, but my mistake was assuming scum wouldn't do such a thing, which I've since reconsidered and disagree with, because he's looked increasingly scummier today.

There is a way to prove my identity, but I won't do it until I'm ready.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (isolation #31) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:09 am

Post by Coach Travis »

The problem with my ability is that it's extremely risky, and we won't actually notice the effects until the end of the day. Basically, I have a one shot power that lets me manipulate someone's vote threshold so it's either increased by 1 or decreased by 1. Obviously, that's someone a man of power would be able to do. So yeah, I'm willing to use it whenever, but because of how it works I think we need to come to a consensus first on how it should actually be used.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (isolation #32) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

I never said it would confirm alignment, just identity. And knowing who I am, you'd know I wouldn't be scum, because why would Barsavi attack the town when he loves his position so much? But yeah, once I feel we're ready to end the day and someone I don't trust is at L-2, I'll vote and add my power onto it.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (isolation #33) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:41 am

Post by Coach Travis »

There really isn't that much flavor for it. Basically, I'm more powerful and influential than any in Camorr except Duke Nicovante, but among thieves I'm the absolute most powerful, so anything I say goes.

Also, I don't think capa raza would have that ability, because remember, this game takes place during the action, so he wouldn't be in power at the start of the game. He probably is in this game, but more likely as the Grey King, which is why I said my power should make it obvious I'm not lying about my identity.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (isolation #34) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Honestly, at this point in the game I have reasons to suspect the majority of the players still alive. In fact, you and DDD are probably the only two I can say I'm confident are town aligned at this point. Everyone else I either find scummy(Parama, jenni), or am unsure but certainly suspicious of(ThAdmiral, don_johnson). I don't think I'd be willing to lynch dj though, as he looks far less scummy than Skyquiem. So right now, the three I'd be most willing to lynch are ThAdmiral, jenni, and Parama. I'd be happy lynching either of them.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (isolation #35) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:15 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Parama wrote:
Coach Travis wrote:Well, after that disaster I'll definitely need to re-think things. Still don't like Skyquiem or jenni, but I definitely don't want to rush things again, only to have someone lynched while I'm sleeping. Only thing I can say for sure:Parama is town. What he did was such an obvious scummy thing, there's no way scum would do it.
What changed since this, Coach?
I already explained it before:Your play today has still been scummy, don't like the tunneling and quick voting, and I realized that ruling out a suspect because of a dumb play isn't good thinking at all.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (isolation #36) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

I've basically said what I think of everyone at this point, but here it goes:

DDD:I believe he's town. Out of everyone alive he's been the best player throughout making good cases and at least trying to make people cut out their awful play so we can get more serious in a critical time. I'm very certain he's town.

Furcolow:Very unpredictable, but I actually think he's been helpful in his own way, and has actually been a bit less jumpy in day 3. Overall, he seems over eager but I feel he's trying his best to help the town.

don_johnson:This one is very tricky, because I found Skyquiem scummy, but he himself has done a solid job scum hunting so far and hasn't looked suspicious at all. The only reason I even have doubts about his because of Skyquiem, and the fact that it's hard to believe two particular people I suspect would be working together.

jenniwren:I've made it clear what I thought about her hammer on palmer, and everything I said stands. She's also been way over defensive when people have pressured her about this, which also makes me concerned. As I said before, it's really hard to think she'd be working with Parama, and if only one of them is scum it's hard to determine who, but I still find her scummy.

Parama:Again, I've addressed this a lot, but after thinking some more his hammer does look as bad as jenni's, but for different reasons. Plus, his quick voting today made me uncomfortable and overall he too has seemed over defensive.

ThAdmiral:Here's where things get interesting, because I previously liked him, but after day 2 and looking back on things, I know I had to have been wrong about some people, and right now he appears to be one of them. He's been really blending in a lot, not adding much of his own content, plus a lot of his posts seem forced, and I didn't realize before I missed a case of him doing this on day one(which DDD pointed out to me). So yeah, I now believe he's scum and probably our best lynch because deciding between jenni and Parama is difficult.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (isolation #37) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

don_johnson wrote:let coach use his ability even though it confirms jack shit. coach, did you say it was a one-time thing?
Yes, I did, and I re-read the PM and have confirmed that this is the case.
jenniwren wrote:One last thing: CT, why did you not use your extra vote on Palmer when it looked like it would be a no-lynch unless I hammered? You were on the wagon, so presumably you believed he was scum, so you shouldn't have had any reservations about making sure he was lynched, and no one would have known, right?
I never even considered it, actually. I figured that because it was day one and most people here understand the importance of making sure there is a lynch, that someone would step in right near deadline to ensure it went through, and I was obviously correct. But the main reason is I figured there would be a more critical situation later on where it would better serve us. I was hoping I could survive as long as possible, so I could use it late in the game.

Also, interesting claim, my only problem is it seems like such a role would really only work for roleblocking, which we already had, so that's strange. I do still think one of jenni or Parama is scum and Parama's insistence that the player targeting him is town even though it could be a scum roleblocking him makes me think he is in fact the scum in this situation, because I don't think a townie would be that quick to assume they were roleblocked by a teammate.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (isolation #38) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Yeah, those are some good points about ThAdmiral, and while I still have my suspicions of Parama(and still think he's a likely lynch in the future), for now I'm more sure of ThAdmiral being scum, he's just looked awful lately. Not ready to make my vote yet, not because I'm not willing to commit, but because I want to see if anyone else agrees he's the best option, so I can add my power onto it.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (isolation #39) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:10 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

I never said they were a team and I'm not trying to chain lynch them. I was just saying that right now ThAmdiral is the player I'm most certain of, but Parama is someone I'm still highly suspicious of. I perhaps worded things poorly:I never actually thought about potential scum teams, what I was saying was right now I want to focus on lynching the person I'm most suspicious of, but I won't for one second rule out that Parama is scum. If we lynch ThAdmiral and he turns up scum, then I'll think about who may or may not be connected to him, and that's when I'll actually decide if Parama is as bad a fit as you say he is.

And seriously, thinking I'm scum because I haven't been hammered? That's not even worth getting into, there's so many potential reasons I haven't been lynched, including one I don't think is true but haven't ruled out that you've been playing us all along and are scum, but you're partners want one townie to join in before I'm finished. And besides, I'd say if I were actually scum I would have hammered Parama, because either I'd be bussing my partner to try and save myself, or I'd be lynching a townie to potentially end the game. Why as scum would it make sense for me to hold back? So you see, both that scenario and yours of scum not lynching me are equally surprising, so using such an argument is pointless.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (isolation #40) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:29 am

Post by Coach Travis »

Well, because I know I'm not the right choice, it looks like I'm going with Parama for today after all, just to make sure someone else is lynched. Still don't like him, his hammer in particular was bad, and I haven't liked how he's played.
Vote:Parama

My power is now in play, so that's the hammer.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (isolation #41) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Coach Travis »

You did sorta claim though, everyone did. And this was an entirely different situation, because before there was little doubt as to who was being lynched, where this time I could have seen it swinging back in my direction, so I felt I needed to end the day as fast as possible to prevent myself from dying, as I'm a townie. If you really are town, that blows and probably costs us the game, but there was nothing else I could do, I'd rather take a chance than let myself get lynched.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (isolation #42) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Coach Travis »

I never played for self-preservation until day 3, and that was only because I knew if I was lynched there was a very good chance of the game being over. I did want ThAdmiral lynched, but I didn't think we'd get a third person to help.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (isolation #43) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

I think it's clear I need a break from mafia for now(probably a couple months), that was pretty awful. I always get myself into these situations where I can't think of any way out of them, so I always just fuck up real badly. And yeah, I actually did have a gut feeling about DDD, but was afraid to mention it. Even DJ doesn't surprise me that much.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (isolation #44) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:02 am

Post by Coach Travis »

I have to say, as bad as the game went I did enjoy the flavor a lot, and everything from the mod's side was great. So yeah, I'll be back for the second game assuming the following two things have happened by then:
1.I feel up to playing again(right now I'm serious about needing a break, this is something I've considered for the past couple of weeks).
2.I have actually gone back and read that entire book.

I'd say it's more likely to happen than not, but we'll see.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”