The Lord of the Rings Mafia - GAME OVER (KABOOM)

rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2125 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:42 am

Post by rewq455 »

Mariyta wrote:
VasudeVa wrote:Although meh. No deaths last night is putting me off. :|. I'm not sure what to think of it.
Agreed. I've come up with
four
five possible reasons, listed in the order of likeliness (IMO).

1. They targeted Katy and she was protected.
2. They targeted Edge and he was protected.
3. rewq assumed he would be tracked and decided not to kill.
4. Someone decided not to kill to frame rewq.
5. Scum was RBed.

4 may actually be more likely than 3, considering the game rewq has played.
#1 makes sense, but I think that the scum would have realized that Katy would be protected, as she claimed to have a ring, so they would have targeted someone else.

I agree with Katy's post about #2.

#3 Would require that I had a good deal of planning, and I would have risked not killing for nothing.

#4 Is very unlikely because if they decided to frame me,the scum gains nothing, and they once more risk not killing for nothing.

#5 I don't think is likely.

I think there is most likely a doctor who blocked the scum target, or maybe a bulletproof townie?
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
Scum who smiles when scum is lynched just led the wagon.

My stats and game links are in my wiki.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2126 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:27 am

Post by Mariyta »

rewq455 wrote: I think there is most likely a doctor who blocked the scum target, or maybe a bulletproof townie?
The first option would have required that we either have two doctors, or that Katy wasn't protected (for this to happen, the doc would have had to assume the scum would think Katy was protected so they chose to target someone else, then s/he would have had to correctly guess that someone else). Bulletproof townie, eh. Maybe. There was a BP scum, so I guess it's possible. I still think #1 is the most likely.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2127 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Mari did you ever claim a chaacter?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2128 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Yes. Glorfindel.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2129 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by Edge »

All this "only one redscumz remaining" is for shootin.

That means you Mariyta.

That means you.

And.

Rewq.
True strength is found at the edge of sanity.
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2130 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by Edge »

Rewq, YOU HAVE STILL NOT FULLCLAIMED.

THIS DEKES WAGON NEEDS TO END NOW, UNLESS I META DEKES AND FIND HE WAS POSTING ELSEWHERE
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2131 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by Dekes »

Back. Been Busy.

I feel like I'm being wagoned out of lack of alternatives. So I throw in some OMGUS questions first:

@Katy
You say you're voting me because you don't buy my claim. Yet you haven't answered my question why I would go through so much trouble in making up such a claim that basically leaves me as VT when I just could've claimed the by far easier believable VT claim? And don't you agree that with a One-Shot motivation targeting a claimed cop would be a sensible thing to do?
What happened to your suspicion on LL yesterday? You said he was the scummiest by far several times without adding a lot to that case and never voting him. You hinted that he only came out strong starting on D4 but lurking in the shadows before. Has anything changed about your opinions towards LL?

@Mari
You're voting me because I vanished when the Wraith wagon was heading towards a lynch. However, if you had checked my posts you'd see I haven't posted at all on ms since Friday. It turned out to be a busier - and way more awesome - weekend than I had anticipated. Do I wish I'd been there at the Wraith lynch? Yeah, sure. Would I've looked differently at Wraith and tried to prevent the lynch? No way. He was scummy till the end and I probably would've suspected him today as well.
You say you're wanting to lynch one out of LL, rewq (apart from me) because they are unclaimed and Katy confirmed them to not be Elrond. Does that mean you believe every other claim so far? And what do you think of jenni who's unclaimed as well? Do you believe Katy's clearance of her although we don't have any sanity confirmation so far? Or do you think jenni's town based on her play, too?

@VV
I can't even tell your case on me. You voted me yesterday for the heck of it, called me town after my claim and now you're voting me again for whatever reason.
So, after you apparently "faked" squabble with Edge yesterday, do you still believe he's Gollum?

And now on to the other things I missed:

No night kill?
Scum hitting a protected target (whether Edge or someone else) seems the most likely option. Sure, rewq not targeting anyone could be an option, too. But why not killing off VV and wifom yourself out of this? I see noe benefit for scum not killing at this stage.

What happened to the Palantir QT? It was a pretty hot topic yesterday. We know, Edge has one. We know, the Witchking should have one. And we know one of Wraith's wagon did get one. No news there?

Mari's next episode of freaking out after being questioned and suspected is now getting borderline ridiculous and beyond natural.

And I wanted to present what I found upon rereading and what immediately caught my attention:
VasudeVa wrote:Gollum makes more sense as a bounty-hunter variant though.(ie. kill Frodo, get the ring, win and exit the game.)
That was after Halyen's death on D1 when we had no idea there were even rings in this setup - and Legolas shouldn't know of that fact from the start. Looked like harmless speculation back then but now it seems to be eerily close to the truth.

Vote: Mariyta

Because of lack of alternatives >.>....and maybe because VV and Mari may be role confirmed, but not at all alignment confirmed.
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2132 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by Edge »

mmmmmmmmmmm

Unvote:
Vote: Dekes

"Motivation doesn't take effect until next night" seems like BS to me. More likely the ACTUAL role of motivation lets their target know the day after the night (aka D3, WAKE UP FATE YOU BEEN MOTIVATED YOU HAVE EXTRA SHIT TONIGHT) which means:

1. Dekes changed his claim to make it fit with his day play (I didn't say anything cause motivation didn't take place until N3)
2. Dekes didn't even clarify with the mod when the target would be notified, or at least he didn't indicate that he had asked in his post or claim. (AKA SCUM)

ALSO JUST CUZ YOU GUYS ARE PLAYING DUMB:
#6-Scum fucked up and let the deadline pass without submitting a kill

Although I currently love the theory that Mariyta is a scum voyeur (HELLOE EYE OF FUCKING SAURON) who targeted Glorkbuddy N1 to see if town had a doctor, and who is scumbuddies with Rewq, so Rewq couldn't kill last night AND Mari had to watch him to check and see if VV targeted him or not (since VV didn't say with 100% concreteness, thankfully), thus the nokill.

OH HAI DEKES

Unvote
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2133 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by Edge »

What happened to the Palantir QT? It was a pretty hot topic yesterday. We know, Edge has one. We know, the Witchking should have one. And we know one of Wraith's wagon did get one. No news there?
Nero cain the useless sack got one, there's apparently a third member that "wishes to remain anonmyous" because they are scum, and have an interesting posting style.

Which would point to either LL, Mariyta, or you.
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2134 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by Edge »

Dekes your most recent post is:

WHY ARE YOU GUIZ VOTIN ME?

and then some:
Because of lack of alternatives >.>....and maybe because VV and Mari may be role confirmed, but not at all alignment confirmed.
THere's no one better to vote!?!?

WHY DONT YOU TELL ME WHO SCUM IS AND WHY LOOK A GOOD FUCKIN TOWNIE.

I NOTICE YOU DONT COMMENT ON REWQ AT ALL.

Vote: Dekes
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2135 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by Dekes »

Edge wrote:Dekes your most recent post is:

WHY ARE YOU GUIZ VOTIN ME?
Yep. Your point?
Edge wrote:and then some:
Dekes wrote:Vote: Mariyta
THere's no one better to vote!?!?
Hello sarcasm. Look at the beginning of my post. And at the moment, no, I don't see anyone better to vote for.
Edge wrote:I NOTICE YOU DONT COMMENT ON REWQ AT ALL.
Actually I did. I considered him being scum in the no night kill speculation. But honestly? I can't read him at all. His theories are often completely out there and awkwardly expressed, but I said it once already: I still think he's taking unpopular, independent stances a lot that makes me believe he's town.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2136 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Dekes »

Edge wrote:Although I currently love the theory that Mariyta is a scum voyeur (HELLOE EYE OF FUCKING SAURON)
Did you ever mention how familiar you are with LotR? I remember you speculating something similar a while ago.

I'm pretty sure there won't be an Eye of Sauron flip. The Eye of Sauron was Sauron himself, while the Mouth of Sauron was Sauron's mouthpiece and entirely a different individual than Sauron. Just pointing that out.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2137 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:26 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Dekes wrote:@Mari
You're voting me because I vanished when the Wraith wagon was heading towards a lynch. However, if you had checked my posts you'd see I haven't posted at all on ms since Friday. It turned out to be a busier - and way more awesome - weekend than I had anticipated. Do I wish I'd been there at the Wraith lynch? Yeah, sure. Would I've looked differently at Wraith and tried to prevent the lynch? No way. He was scummy till the end and I probably would've suspected him today as well.
You say you're wanting to lynch one out of LL, rewq (apart from me) because they are unclaimed and Katy confirmed them to not be Elrond. Does that mean you believe every other claim so far? And what do you think of jenni who's unclaimed as well? Do you believe Katy's clearance of her although we don't have any sanity confirmation so far? Or do you think jenni's town based on her play, too?

That's not the only reason I voted you. You can see all the reasons for your wagon yesterday, as well. I see no reason to have to re-state the case. I did add to it, however. And I really don't give a rat's ass about your activity on the rest of MS. I shouldn't have to go hunt down everyone's posts on the entire site just to see how active they are. You've explained your reason for being gone during the Wraith episode, which is fine, but the case from before still remains. I'd rather go after LL, but no one agrees with that and I don't feel like beating my head against a wall, which leaves you and rewq. As already discussed (by you, even), it seems unlikely that scum would pass up an NK, and rewq clearly didn't do anything last night. He may still be scum, but there's a better chance that you're scum. I'm not sure I 100% believe every claim so far, but I believe them enough to think the scum remains among you, LL, and rewq (Gollum is a separate issue and I'm not sure who I think that could be. Scum and SK fall into the same category for me). I do believe Katy's clearance of jenni, I do not think we have a sanity issue at play here, and I read jenni as likely town before Katy cleared her anyway. OMGUS noted.

@Edge: Yes, I realize that there are probably two scum left + Gollum. Someone mentioned once that there may only be one left, and that keeps throwing me off. And the Bulletproof rolecop does seem like a pretty powerful role.

Oh, and for the "lack of better alternatives" comment, that's exactly what we're dealing with. You have to narrow down the options and go after those who are left. It's the way things work. Dekes just doesn't like it because he falls into the "what's left" category.
-Susan Ertz

Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2138 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:16 pm

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

The weariness in your limbs is amplified by the cold rain beating against the roof and walls of the chamber, almost whispering to you that there is no hope left to pray for.

Even the kill you expect to come in broad daylight is a looked-for occurrence; a shimmer of hope in your eyes that someone more powerful than you is on your side, among you at all times. It may not be more powerful than you; you cannot tell whether it is of you or the Shadow or something else entirely, but now that you have come to associate murder with hope there's no going back and nothing to do but hope that if there is a death it will be a foe, not a friend.

As you tear yourself away from the window you see a figure standing behind rewq455, throttling the poor man to death. But as rewq's eyes roll back there is an explosion of flame to bright and deadly to look on, and it seems the world is consumed with burning.

When the fires clear the assailant is gone; blended in with your number. But rewq is no more. In his chair lies a bundle of tattered clothes and a mask of a fair face. But you can hear, among the raindrops crashing into the ground, the faint whisper of rewq's voice.

Because you seem to know that rewq455 wants to be found.

The sun does not break through the clouds. You know that your grisly task must continue. And so you gather your strength and the Sword and sit down to discuss who won't be enjoying Afternoon Tea with Bilbo Baggins.

rewq, The One Ring (the player), Mordor Mafia Traitor, Strangled Day 5!

With nine alive it will take five to lynch and five to no-lynch.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #2139 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:33 pm

Post by Fate »

OH FUCKIN WHO SAID WHAT

HEY

WHO FUCKINS SAID WHAT?
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2140 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:34 pm

Post by Edge »

Edge wrote:Ah VV is cleared apparently by Mari.

Excellent excellent.

Vote: Rewq
Madness ASIDE we need to trim the fat.

OH DAYKILLER ARE YOU GOING TO BE FUCKING USELESS AGAIN TODAY?
Edge wrote:Katy don't sheep VV over me today... just don't.
/quote]

GIMME MY GOD DAMN TOWN LEADER HAT BACK.

YOU FUCKERS.
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2141 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:40 pm

Post by Edge »

WITH THAT SAID.
Actually I did. I considered him being scum in the no night kill speculation. But honestly? I can't read him at all. His theories are often completely out there and awkwardly expressed, but I said it once already: I still think he's taking unpopular, independent stances a lot that
makes me believe he's town.
GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.

LOL@REWQ NOT EVEN OUTING HIS FAKECLAIMZ
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2142 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:43 pm

Post by Edge »

(btw does this mean gollum has the one ring or is that a different one ring what the fuck flavorfail FTL)
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2143 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:45 pm

Post by Edge »

Good point. I tend to assume there is only one (due to the bulletproof rolecop),

WAIT A FUCKIN SECOND>

TRATIOR+"ZOMG ONLY ONE REDSCUM LEFT"=SECRET COMMUNICATION BETWEEN TRAITOR AND TRAITEE.

OH BOI.

ITS RE-READING TIME.

AND POSSIBLY KILLIN TIME.

HEHEHEHEHAHEAHHAHAHA

THOUGHT I WOULDNT NOTICE?

I SEE
EVERYTHING
THAT GOES ON IN THIS TOWN.
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2144 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:45 pm

Post by Edge »

....BECAUSE ITS MY TOWN.
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2145 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:47 pm

Post by Edge »

rewq455 wrote:
Wraith wrote:I'm pretty sure there's only one Mordor Scum left. Bulletproof alone is a damn powerful role.
Your right. Bulletproof is a really powerful role, and I guess it is made even more powerful by the fact that there are 2 scum teams.
LOL WRAITH YOURE SCUMMY AS HELL EVEN AFTER DEATH.

IMMMA JUMP TO THIS POST!

GOODIES WILL BE FOUND!

HEHAHHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2146 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:54 pm

Post by Edge »

rewq455 wrote:
Mariyta wrote:Ok, did some quick ISOs. I believe Nero's claim and think he's likely town. That leaves rewq, Dekes, and Locke as unclaimed/unconfirmed in some way. The common assumption seems to be that there are 2 scum left and one SK. Someone mentioned that the bulletproof role-cop could be two roles in one and may mean that the red team only has 3. Some people may think Gollum is a dayvig, but I can't see him as town-aligned. I really think Locke is our safest lynch today. He's been lurkerscummy all game and Katy has confirmed that he's not her mason buddy. With 11 of us left and only 2-3 scum, I think we're doing quite well.
I think that there are 2 scum and one of them is a goon, which would cancel out the 2 power roles of Sauron. Also, I think that Gollum is an SK because of the D1 kill, where if the player were town he or she would have used the kill later in the day to eliminate one of the people who would be possibly lynched. In context of D1, it would probably be WeirdRa. Also, I doubt Gollum is Mordor scum, because Glork was day killed on D3. This only leaves SK as a possible alignment.
"some people think this....WHER MAH TRAITOR AT?"

"OH HAI BOSS IM RIGHT HERE LOLOLZ"

but witchking as voyeur doesn't mak-AH FUCK IT GIVE THE SCUM THE VOTE THEYVE BEEN ASKING FOR.

Unvote:

CLEANSWEEP+WRAITHDOESNTCOUNTHESSOFUCKINSCUMMY.

VOTE MARIYTA>

ILL HAVE A CASE LATER. DEKES REEKS OF MISLYNCH FODDER.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2147 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Edge wrote:
Nero cain the useless sack got one, there's apparently a third member that "wishes to remain anonmyous" because they are scum, and have an interesting posting style.

Which would point to either LL, Mariyta, or you.
Or not? Isn't it nice to pretend to be a bad ass online?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2148 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:01 pm

Post by Edge »

rewq455 wrote:Just realized I didn't vote yet.

VOTE: Mariyta

This is in response to the contradictions. Find a way to explain them and I will unvote. Also, please try to explain the order in which you examined people.
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2149 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:02 pm

Post by Edge »

rewq455 wrote:
Mariyta wrote: I'm L-2 right now, thanks to a shit-ton of people placing votes w/o bothering to do their own thinking. Who wants a claim? My character is breadcrumbed in my first two posts.
For those who did not see this, she soft-claimed Eomer earlier.

Also, I count L-3, not 2 (Unless I missed something of course).

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”