The Lord of the Rings Mafia - GAME OVER (KABOOM)

Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:03 pm

Post by Fate »

Guess Plum and Pom don't get home at the same time, way to blow the "ZOMG FATE PSYCHIC" effect I was goin for Plum....

I didn't post until he died because I wasn't on between the time he made those scummy "zomg fate is lying i know it, but i cant say it" posts and the time he was daykilled.

I'd like to think my gambit was a big part in the daykiller choosing to kill him, but that may just be my arrogance. Nevertheless, he MADE those posts because of my fakeclaim and he knew I was lying SOMEHOW.

After Glork was dead I claimed to HAVE BEEN roleblocked because it explaiend (at the time from my POV) Glork's posts that day seemed to betray the he knew I was lying, so I just assumed he had roleblocked me and claimed as such. Now it seems as though he knew I was lying because VV was his scumbuddy. Claiming to have been roleblocked ALSO gave me a reason to not have to come up with another fake innocent, since "confirming" people who may not be town is always risky business and pretty anti-town.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by Fate »

What you really need to ask yourself though Katy, though, is why red scum would claim cop when purple scum is at L-1 and try and divert that lynch for absolutely no apparent scum gain? Especially when said person was in a good position in town and under next to no suspicion.

I understand your "look at all the possibilities" cautiousness, but if you take EdgeREDscum out of the equation (as little sense as the gambit makes for a Gollum as well, we can take one step at a time Katy) things may become a lot more clearer and easier to base your reads around.

ANOTHER REASON why narrowing VV down as either town or scum 100% would really help.,

Katy I;m sure if you demand VV track rewq tonight before we get locked he will either:
1. Comply, as town, and get confirmed
2. Have less of an "out" tomorrow when worming around about why he isnt confirmed and didn't play ball
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

Day 4 Vote Count 5

Dekes
- 1 - Wraith
Wraith
- 6 - Dekes, rewq455, VasudeVa, Mariyta, Nero Cain, inHimshallibe

Not Voting
- 4 - Katy, jenniwren, Locke Lamora, Edge,

Eleven stand gathered; six votes will lynch (and six will no-Lynch).

As of Post #1920
Wraith
has been lynched. Lynch scene to follow.

Also, try to keep a little more cordial, please. Too much swearing makes Plum not a happy camper.

Also, if you're in a hydra, it's much preferred that you attempt to keep your posting from the hydra account only.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

The day began much as it had the past days. Despite a couple members of the council nearly breaking out into fights, there was nothing out of the ordinary - not even a death. Things, it seemed, were looking brighter. How could you fail to dispatch one of your enemies, as you'd succeeded in doing the previous days.

The council members turned on Wraith after a heated discussion. He attempted, at first, to shrug you off, but then he stopped. As the majority of you dragged him to a pillar for execution, those of you who stood aside wondered why a guilty party would give in so easily (and yet, the cold steady gaze of his eyes gave you pause . . .).

But as you bind him, he seems to need none - he is calm and quiet and very final, and it scares you. Because there's something about him which had been touched by the darkness, maybe for evil but it seems more that it has given him more grief, more madness in its assault than anything, than anyone.

But then you all lost proper hope long ago.

Wraith was lit on fire by the mob of you. But even then he did not scream, he did not move, and as the fires ate away at his flesh and burnt it to ash you saw him revealed not as a monster or a shadow but as a noble man. Lost. At your hands. "So passes Denethor, son of Ecthelion," someone whispered, and then there was a terrible silence for many long minutes as you tried to understand what you had done.

Rain began to fall, and for the first time at the council, every single one of you left alive knew a horrid sin - an evil deed - had been committed. And there was no hope of atoning for it, only revenging yourselves on yourselves by trying to kill off the Shadow, but then is there hope at all?

Wraith, Denethor, Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 4!

Have your Night Actions in within 48 hours of this post or they will be forfeit. Sleep well!
Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:06 am

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

The dawn breaks, cold and clear. Exhausted from a night filled with restless sleep and elusive dreams and shadows, it takes you a while to sum up the courage to figure out who's been killed, but eventually you do.

For over an hour the search party, made up of all the remaining Council members, seeks out blood and death and finds none, dread growing with each moment.
Who's dead?
You can't stop wondering.

Until someone thinks to count you.

One, two, three . . .

When you finish you can barely believe it. No one was killed during the day yesterday. Your own folly ended the life of an ally yesterday evening . . . but no enemy has taken another of you down over the course of the night. All ten of you are alive and breathing.

You have been offered a reprieve. But time runs short. There are no good choices but with evil still lurking among your fellow Council-goers there is only one path forward.

It's time to kill again.

With 10 alive it will take 6 to lynch and 5 to no-Lynch.

Deadline is ten days from the time of this post.
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:17 am

Post by rewq455 »

@ VV and Mariyta
What are your results from last night?
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
Scum who smiles when scum is lynched just led the wagon.

My stats and game links are in my wiki.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:07 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Another day of yelling and screaming by Fate I can't wait.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:12 am

Post by Fate »

Will post on Hydra tonight courtesy of plumsbrequest sorry. Plum
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:16 am

Post by rewq455 »

Nero Cain wrote:Another day of yelling and screaming by Fate I can't wait.
lolz

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

So the reason Wraith's info made no sense is because you were screwing with him in the palantir QT, Fate?

There better be some decent info coming out of Mari as I still see no good reason not to lynch her, since no-one's come up with any good reasons for Sly's reaction to her claim other than those I outlined.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:36 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Do you think its possible that, under the assumption that both teams have some loose affiliation, Slyscum countered Mariscum to get her some townie points?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:41 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Seems far-fetched to me. Scum have already shown up with some powerful roles; I don't think they'd have the ability to not only know who the opposing scumteam were but then use that to try to win them towncred. Given the situation and the fact that Mari's not on the Isengard team, I'm near certain that Sly somehow knew Mari was lying from one of Isengard's roles and used that to try to buy himself towncred. Either that or it was a terrible, terrible gambit that I can't make any sense of.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:47 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Perhaps. Its just that Wraith had said that in the books the two teams did have interaction I can't help but wonder why they wouldn't have interaction here. + Both Edge and Mari (who I find the scummist) have alot of interaction with the purple scum members.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:55 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

I really wouldn't put much stock in that flavour speculation, Nero. If you've been paying attention, it should be apparent to you that the mods have made out-guessing the setup through flavour pointless. You could also argue that Gimli's a major character in the book and he ought to be in the game, but that wasn't true, was it? We have no evidence that the teams are working together and the only possible connection between the scumteams is this palantir stuff, half of which has been mangled beyond belief by Wraith and Edge.

rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:58 am

Post by rewq455 »

Nero Cain wrote:Perhaps. Its just that Wraith had said that in the books the two teams did have interaction I can't help but wonder why they wouldn't have interaction here. + Both Edge and Mari (who I find the scummist) have alot of interaction with the purple scum members.
Perhaps there is not only a kill the other scum team win con. but also a co-wincon, such as get all of the rings between the two teams or something. Is this what you are insinuating?

Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by Edge »

That is baseless speculation and scummy as hell.

Rewq fullclaim immediately, no excuses
True strength is found at the edge of sanity.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Edge wrote:That is baseless speculation and scummy as hell.
katy wrote: We received information that the mafias have an alternate win condition, which is that they can win by obtaining all four of the rings in the game and eliminating the other mafia.

I don't see how this is baseless.

But for Rewq not to know this is fairly scummy but for you to call it baseless is even worse.

rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by rewq455 »

It was stated earlier that there was a scum win-con where the scum get all of the rings. I expanded on Nero Cains speculation that there was a co-wincon. Explain how this is scummy and I will gladly fullclaim (If the town wants me to of course).

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Haven't read anything, but wanted to throw this out. rewq was tracked. I can only assume by VV. But now the question must be posed: did he used his night to track instead of kill?
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by Mariyta »

EBWOP: Another possibility is that they went after Edge to test his protection?

As far as the Slyscum speculation, the only thing I can think of is that he seriously thought I was scum and felt ccing me would help him. Nothing else makes sense.

Re: the co-wincon, I don't think that would be the case. A) I don't see how it makes much sense in mafia. B) It would be too easy for the scum to win, IMO. C) Isengard and Mordor worked together in the sense that Isengard was basically contracted by Mordor, but they waged their own separate wars, really.

I don't know how to convince people I'm not scum aside from the fact that I've given you everything I have. If you have questions, I'll answer them, but I've responded to every case so far. Do with it what you will. In the meantime, I second Edge's request for a rewq claim.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Mariyta wrote: B) It would be too easy for the scum to win, IMO.
How so? They don't know who has the rings. Don't you think the mod would have taken this into account and made it somewhat difficult?

+++ we know that the mafia DOES need the rings as per Katy why do you and Edge deny this?
If you have questions, I'll answer them
Who is our best lynch and why?
I second Edge's request for a rewq claim.
Stop ring bearer fishing.

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by Mariyta »

/sigh
Nero Cain wrote:
How so? They don't know who has the rings. Don't you think the mod would have taken this into account and made it somewhat difficult?
If each team only had to get two rings, rather than one team getting all four, I think that would be too easy. I believe that was the suggestion made. If I misread it, my apologies.
+++ we know that the mafia DOES need the rings as per Katy why do you and Edge deny this?
I'm not denying it at all. I am disagreeing with the "co-wincon" possibility. I do not doubt Katy's claim that the mafia can win by obtaining all four, but I doubt the suggestion that each team only needed two.
I still need to do a re-read, but as of now, I'd say rewq or LL. Katy has already said neither of them are the ringbearer and they are both unclaimed.
Please see above.
-Susan Ertz

Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by Edge »

Nero Cain wrote:

If you have questions, I'll answer them
HEY YOU.

KATY SAID YOU WERENT A RING BEARER.

LOL CLAIM.

I DONT REMEMVER WHY I WROTE YOU OFF AS TOWN (DAMN YOU SPYREX) BUT YOU SURE HAVENT DONE FUCKIN SHIT FOR SCUMHUNTING LATELY.

VV

MARIYTA.

I BETTER SEE SHIT STRAIGHTENED OUT WHEN I SCROLL UP
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by Edge »

rewq455 wrote:

It was stated earlier that there was a scum win-con where the scum get all of the rings. I expanded on Nero Cains speculation that there was a co-wincon. Explain how this is scummy and I will gladly fullclaim (If the town wants me to of course).
It is scummy because SCUM HAVE BEEN KILLING EACHOTHER. To speculate that they have ANY co-win-con of ANY fucking manner is either EXTREMELY IGNORANT AND STUPID, or blowing smoke all over town's faces,

Aka

"yeah they could have a co-win-con therefore Mari and Edge's interactions are scummy with purple scummy mhmm *cheers Nero cain on* go go!!*
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by Edge »

Requesting a mass prod on all these clowns. Dekes in particular

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”