The Lord of the Rings Mafia - GAME OVER (KABOOM)

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:33 pm

Post by Wraith »

And yeah, I know my play was shit. I overextended myself, and when I'm targeted D1 I have a habit of stop-giving-a-shit for a couple days.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

YAY, the "woe is me" play is back.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:36 pm

Post by Wraith »

Then fucking hammer me instead of bitching about my play.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by Edge »

You don't have enough votes. Nero, if you would be so kind...

I
promise
I'll let Katy hammer. 100%, I won't hammer no matter what.
True strength is found at the edge of sanity.
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by Edge »

Wraith wrote:Fine. Dekes is scum. VV is a very good candidate for SK.

And what the fuck did jenni claim anyway? Didn't she say VT? Why did she visit Spyrex.
I guess you don't have a claims list? No Daytalk QT?

Makes sense to me with everything else scum have done this game.

Dekes has made a much better case as to why you are scum than vice versa.

I apologize to Dekes for thinking otherwise.

Also I thought I was a very good candidate for SK, but that seems to have gone away in a last minute attempt to appease me.
And yeah, I know my play was shit. I overextended myself, and when I'm targeted D1 I have a habit of stop-giving-a-shit for a couple days.
Mmm... And here I thought your not giving a shit was due to being "sick" and other various excuses.

Change change change spin spin spin.

Round and round the world goes.

The dead liar is soon forgotten.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:51 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Wraith wrote:Then fucking hammer me instead of bitching about my play.
TBH I'm quite sick of you. Your play has been horrible and you've been active lurking here for a while.. If your town you shouldn't be all *THROWS UPS UP*
FUCK IT
Your vote + potential seeing stone could be very important. Right now I actually have a headache so I'm going to play some video games then I'm going to come back and try and save our cyber Shire + this gives inhim and all a chance to check in.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by Fate »

No vote?

I take back my promise that I fully intended to keep then!

Psh you.

I was about to point out the iron of your post Nero, but it seems clear to me your play isn't so much "horrible" as it is "wrong" and "weak"

You probably do have potential, if only you'd let me hold your hand.......

BABY PLEASE DON'T GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:03 pm

Post by Fate »

(I've been waiting for someone to claim about me not posting on the hydra for awhile, but no takers? Alas...)
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by Fate »

Edge wrote:SpyreX why the hell are you asking ME who dies if I had a bullet?

Its like you're trying to scumhunt me or some shit after we've already established I'm town from the rooftops.
"oh"
Edge wrote:Viggin zwet is too damn obvious. I like shooting people that are flying under the radar and no one's mentioned, and then when they flips scum everyone goes :WHOA DAMN GEWD SHOT FATE YOU IZ ACE.

Rude is definitely in that category cause I know he'll flip scum but we can't go lynching lurkers D1. Wrath is my close #2 fo sho, but at least he's giving a semblance of playing mafia in recent posts. (Btw don't call drip scum this early on you'll just get shot.)
BUT THEN YOU DIDNT LISTEN TO ME? (they were both scum, but zwetz being obv was scum-doc protected and such but....)
Edge wrote:
SlySly wrote:
Edge wrote: Its like you're trying to scumhunt me or some shit after we've already established I'm town from the rooftops.
What were you doing on the rooftops? In the movies, it's always the bad guys on the rooftops taking aim.

FOS:Edge
YEAH.

YEAH I WANT AN ANSWER NOW BECAUSE YOU STARTED THAT FLUFF-OFF.

AND HERE I THOGUHT WE WERE HAVE A 3-WAY TOWNFEST BUT APPARENTLY YOU THINK ITS FUCKING FUNNY TO GO "LOL IMMA FOS BASED OFF BULLSHIT, CONTINUE THE BULLSHIT, THEN GO BACK LATER AND POINT BACK TO THE OWN BS I STARED AND CALL THE OTHER PARTIES INVOLVED SCUMMY."

THAT SHIT DOESN'T FUCKIN FLY ON MY LIST.

SLYSLY'S ON THE DEATHLIST NOW.
Good times, good times, but what I was LOOKING for was this:

Nero imitating me wrote:*THROWS UPS UP* FUCK IT
Edge wrote:And this isn't frustrated town, Glork, you can TELL because there was no *throws up hands, fuck it* moment. He hasn't scumhunted the entire game.
I'm in your head already Nero. Now succumb fully to my influence and let me guide your thinking down the right path.
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:44 pm

Post by Katy »

I'm not going to hammer for reasons previously stated, if I do get rings from it I am dead meat. I also happen to disagree with the Wraith lynch anyway so that's convenient. I don't think there's much chance Wraith is Mordor, but my hands are pretty well tied as far as analysis goes since I can't talk about people without being paranoid about outing my remaining mason. But I will certainly place a vote on a lynch I like if it becomes a possibility.

I would be good with Jenni hammering since I am confident she is town. Honestly, I'd say anyone can hammer. The worst case scenario, as long as no ringbearers hammer, is that we end up back in the same position we were today, even if scum hammers. And any town that hammers will have a high likelihood of dying if they do get rings, so no matter what happens it is probable we will end up back where we are today, unless we manage to get the last Mordor scum, in which case the rings (except possibly One) no longer matter.
did BV tell you what action he performed N1 and N2?
On Night 1 bv doctored me. On night 2 I am not sure if he ever performed his action because we got a note close to deadline that he hadn't sent it in, but I believe he intended to track Edge to check his claim.
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:00 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

I said this before, jackass, I thought Jenni's action was possibly a Felbeast summoning poison kill because of the weird kill flavor we haven't seen before. (Poison kill: Target X N2, X dies N3.)
VV has botched his tracker claim, was likely a scum joat with a one-shot track who used it on a lurker-PR suspect. VV knew I was fakeclaiming cop long before anyone else did because he knew my investigation was false. Glork knew my claim was fake because of him being a buddy with VV and NOT because he roleblocked me. VV tried to push an Edge lynch as an ALTERNATIVE TO HIS "OBVOBV" WRAITHLYNCH citing 'scum being scum' and ignoring all pro-town motivations to hunt red scum.
Here comes the Fate(tm) confirmation bias that DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL. /applause

Yes, because Mordor scum has a Bulletproofrolecop/Roleblocker/JoAt/???? all in one combo, as opposed to Isengard's shitty one-governor/strongman/vanguard/roleblocker.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:05 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Fuck. Wraith's 'Fakeclaim' is too retarded to be a scum fakeclaim.

Zwet/Sly didn't flip anything that mentions Palantirs. Ringbearers flip ringbearer when they die. Why would scum claim something about some people when it contradicts certain flips?

Unvote
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:14 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

rewq is acting like obvscum today. I'm getting bad vibes on what he's choosing to contribute on, and I'm getting a malicious vibe on his timings. Am I the only one seeing this?

Vote: Rewq
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:04 am

Post by Mariyta »

So Katy doesn't like either of our wagons. I don't agree that Wraith is scum, and she apparently doesn't like a Dekes lynch. So that means LL is back up as lynch candidate, IMO. rewq is tempting, but he's unclaimed/unconfirmed, so I'd rather not risk going after him right now.

I really think we should go with Katy on this one. UNVOTE: Dekes
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:27 am

Post by Edge »

RC here again.

Wraith is NOT lying about anything to do with the Palantiri.

Minas Ithil (aka Minas Morgul) is Sauron's Palantir. It makes perfect flavor sense for Sauron to drop it after he dies. Which he did. And it went to a random person on his lynch, I assume. The Palantiri are passed like so:

a) whoever kills a person gets their Palantir,
b) a random person on their lynch wagon receives the Palantir, or
c) you may give someone a Palantir at night.

So it's then logical to assume that SlySly was the 'random' one that was passed the Palantir from the WeirdRa lynch.

BUT SLYSLY WAS NOT ON THE WEIRDRA LYNCH.

So then, one of a2rudeboi or zwetchenasser (the Day 2 and 3 lynches) had received the Palantir from WeirdRa's Day 1 lynch, and then from there it passed to SlySly-Saruman, who was not on the WeirdRa lynch and must have received the Palantir later from being on either a2's/zwet's lynch in the days following.

BUT NEITHER ONE OF THEM WAS ON THE WEIRDRA LYNCH!

AND SLYSLY WAS NOT ON EITHER ONE OF THEIR LYNCHES ANYWAY!

OK... so how the @#$& could Saruman have gotten the other Palantiri?

QUICK ANSWER: HE COULDN'T HAVE!!!
(unless it was by some crazy circumstance that he happened to NK the right person who had randomly been passed the Minas Ithil/Morgul Palantir from WeirdRa, which is so unlikely it's not even worth considering).

But this is all easily explainable...

I'll wait for a few of you to ask pertinent questions, but until they are asked and answered, nobody is lynching Wraith.
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:35 am

Post by Edge »

BTW I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO EVISCERATE ONE OR BOTH OF THE MODS IF AFTER THE GAME IT IS REVEALED THAT SOMEHOW A MOD MISTAKE IS THE REASON THAT MY HARE-BRAINED THEORIES ARE WRONG.
Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:03 am

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

Day 4 Vote Count 6

Dekes
- 1 - Wraith
Wraith
- 2 - Dekes, rewq455

rewq455
- 1 - VasudeVa

Not Voting
- 7 - Katy, jenniwren, Locke Lamora, Edge, Nero Cain, Mariyta, inHimshallibe

Eleven stand gathered; six votes will lynch (and six will no-Lynch).

Edge, we do not make mistakes. However, if you wish to kill one of us, please kill me over Plum. Thanks.
-The Elvish Baker
Last edited by Bilbo Baggins on Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:25 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

No doubt Edge has got some 'brilliant' insight into the game but as we seem to be waiting for that, here's a few problems I have with Wraith's claim. First of all, if gaining palantirs gives you extra power, why is Wraith still alive? He has been obv-Denethor for quite some time now and anyone with any flavour knowledge whatsoever, which a lot of the players in this game have, would have known that Denethor held one.

Second up:
Wraith wrote:New information: SlySly had both the Orthanc and Minas Ithil palantiri. Apparently that gave him extra power and if he got more then that would make him really, really powerful. I think it might have been a mistake to claim, then.
Why is this new information? Didn't you know this when the day started?

Third, the whole way he's gone about this claim has been disjointed and incoherent. It would have been very easy for him to ask the mod whether he could reveal that the QTs changed, but instead he's been dragging it out as though it's some big modkill dilemma. That says scum to me, not town.

Fourth, whoever thinks that post when he thought he was dead makes him town is talking absolute nonsense. You don't bother to cover the eventuality that you're going to flip scum unless you know you're going to flip scum.

Fifth, and unrelated to the claim itself, so much of Wraith's play has been devoid of useful contributions, full of self-pity and generally anti-town.

So Wraith, care to fill in these gaping holes? I'm particularly interested to hear your answers to the first 3. No doubt you'll keep spouting 'I think I might be a death miller' and 'I don't like getting wagoned' for the last two, so I don't really expect useful answers to those.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:41 am

Post by Wraith »

I'm not talking about the quicktopic anymore. I've been warned.
Show

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:49 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Wraith wrote:I'm not talking about the quicktopic anymore. I've been warned.
Bullshit. In the event that you are Town and telling the truth, You have done no wrong to be warranted a slight nudge. People talk about contents of QTs all the fucking time.

This is awfully convenient, isn't it? I take back what I said. From 'too retarded to be a scum fakeclaim' it has pokevolved to 'too retarded to be 'too retarded to be a scum fakeclaim' '.

Vote: Wraith
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:56 am

Post by Mariyta »

RC, are you saying that someone is lying to Wraith, knowing he'd spill all this info and likely get himself lynched?
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Wraith if you are town you are the worst player ever. You're basically giving up which is stupid and pathetic. I want Mari to hammer.

vote: Wraith

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:19 am

Post by VasudeVa »

jenniwren hammers. No discussion.

@Mod: Special 'DEADLINE IS NEAR WTF R U DOING' Prod on jenni plx.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:20 am

Post by Mariyta »

I'm not going to hammer someone who I don't believe is scum. I think he's just a really bad player.

P-edit: What VV said. Jenni should hammer.
-Susan Ertz

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:23 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Bad player or no, his story has more holes than Spongebob Squarepants.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”