The Lord of the Rings Mafia - GAME OVER (KABOOM)

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:14 am

Post by Wraith »

I'm pretty sure there's only one Mordor Scum left. Bulletproof alone is a damn powerful role.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:24 am

Post by rewq455 »

Wraith wrote:I'm pretty sure there's only one Mordor Scum left. Bulletproof alone is a damn powerful role.
Your right. Bulletproof is a really powerful role, and I guess it is made even more powerful by the fact that there are 2 scum teams.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
Scum who smiles when scum is lynched just led the wagon.

My stats and game links are in my wiki.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:40 am

Post by Dekes »

Sorry, guys, unexpected V/LA. Heading out to a Halloween party now. I'll have a post up by tomorrow.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:45 am

Post by VasudeVa »

^^ More points for Dekes scum.

This guy has contributing jack shit D4, and now he's 'V/LA'. Active lurking at it's finest.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:46 am

Post by Fate »

Reaper is V/LA and I'm not switching just to post this:

We're not doing fucking anything until this goddamn Daykiller makes up HIS FUCKING MIND.

So for now I'll go back to avoiding this thread.

(lolVV if yo uthink V/LA on Halloween night is a valid point then I just LOLu)

Also VV: fullclaim role name and flavor plzkthx
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:49 am

Post by VasudeVa »

He has done nothing D4. Barely even posted, if at all. However he finds time to say he's V/LA.

He's avoiding the thread and lurking his ass of, scheming probably. Like all bad guys do.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:54 am

Post by rewq455 »

Fate wrote:Reaper is V/LA and I'm not switching just to post this:

We're not doing fucking anything until this goddamn Daykiller makes up HIS FUCKING MIND.

So for now I'll go back to avoiding this thread.

(lolVV if yo uthink V/LA on Halloween night is a valid point then I just LOLu)

Also VV: fullclaim role name and flavor plzkthx
I agree that V/LA on Holoween is invalid. Tomorrows post better be a wall though.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
Scum who smiles when scum is lynched just led the wagon.

My stats and game links are in my wiki.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Who hammered rudeboi?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by Katy »

Fate wrote:We're not doing fucking anything until this goddamn Daykiller makes up HIS FUCKING MIND.
Except that if they targeted you to test out InHim we won't ever see anything from them today.
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Nero Cain wrote:Who hammered rudeboi?
Hurry I need teh answer b4 I forget my idea!!!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

I did.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Dekes wrote:EBWOP:
Just thought about it. There's no way Saruman could've gotten Sauron's Palantir. He wasn't on WeirdRa's lynch wagon. We are pretty sure Saruman killed only N3 when he was killed. Something doesn't add up here. Either Sly was lying or Wratih is lying.
If a ringbearer is killed, the ring passes to the one who killed them. If lynched, to the person who made the hammer vote.
This is Katys ISO 25.
I doubt there is any diffrence between a ring and any other item in this game...
Wraith wrote:I have the Minas Tirith palantir and communicate with the Minas Ithil and Orthanc palantirs durings the night (
both of which have been held by scum all game
AFAIK). I do not know who the scum are, because we communicate using palantir names only.

Zwet (who VV hammered so he did NOT have it) had the Orthanc palantir, it passed to someone on his wagon when he was lynched, I believe.(this contridicts Katy and I'd believe her over you anyday) Last night Saruman (SlySly) heavily implied he had the Minas Ithil palantir. I believe the Witch-King has that palantir now.

My guess as to the characters of the remaining Mordor team: Witch-King and (that one goblin from Cirith Ungol I forgot the name of starts with a "G")
Wraith wrote:New information: SlySly(whom was killed by scum, so for you to have to have it means that you killed him) had both the Orthanc and Minas Ithil palantiri. Apparently that gave him extra power and if he got more then that would make him really, really powerful. I think it might have been a mistake to claim, then.
The term Fell beast or Hell-Hawk is used to describe the gigantic flying pterosaur-like, or wyvern-like creatures on which the Witch-King of Angmar and the other Nazgûl rode on
:)

unvote;vote: Wraith

Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

Day 4 Vote Count 2

Dekes
- 1 - VasudeVa
inHimshallibe
- 1 - Wraith
jenniwren
- 1 - Dekes
Locke Lamora
- 2 - Mariyta, rewq455
Mariyta
- 2 - Edge, inHimshallibe

Wraith
- 1 - Nero Cain

Not Voting
- 3 - Katy, jenniwren, Locke Lamora

Eleven stand gathered; six votes will lynch (and six will no-Lynch).

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by Wraith »

Nero, now you're just grasping at straws. It is common sense for me to assume that both the Orthanc and Minas Ithil (Morgul) palantiri were held by scum from the start, and the palantiri changed hands every time scum were killed/lynched, eventually ending up in Saruman's hands.

You also forgot to bold the AS FAR AS I KNOW.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

unvote

You'll have to excuse me as I misread. I thought you had all those stones but you only have one correct?

I would assume Isengard had the Orthanc and Mordor had the Minas Ithil (Minas Morgul). And you have the Minas Tirith.

Since Isengard is now dead that means they have possibly have two of the three stones.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:41 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Mari: you begin to tire me. Sure, you can construe parts of my post that don't state specifically that Dekes is scummy to imply scumminess if you want. I can do the same thing with yours, like with your comments about inHim. What I actually did was asked you to clarify whether you thought inHim was scummy or not. You just used those comments in an attempt to make me look scummy for stretching, misrepresenting what I actually said in the post. What do you make of VV's reaction to my case? Do you think he's scummy for agreeing with it?

Something I've been thinking about is how many scum we're likely to have left. Some reasonably safe assumptions about the kill flavours:

Strangled - Gollum
Corrupted - weak doctor mis-protect?
Filled with arrows - Isengard - Lurtz/Ugluk
Bled to death - Mordor
Shot from afar - Haldir
Burned to death - Isengard - Saruman?
Eaten by a fellbeast - Mordor - Nazgul flavour

So, in my opinion, it's very likely that there are two members of the Mordor scumteam left. I also see it as less likely that Glork would bus WeirdRa so readily if there were only 3 members of their scumteam. I'm sure he's experienced enough to know that there was very little chance that they'd make it through the game with 2 players left after D1. Wraith gets scumpoints for suggesting that there's likely to be one. In that light, I've been looking back over Glork's posts again and this bothers me:
Glork wrote: Wraiths is frustrated town but announcing that he is going to lurk is a big sign that says "VIG ME." The while self-pity thing has gone on since I first suggested he was scum, and it has gotten old fast. Post or perish.
This isn't the first comment Glork makes to try and encourage Wraith to contribute and a lot of their interactions after the early suspicion really do look like coaching. It definitely reads like Glork's trying to talk his buddy out of the meltdown and stop him looking so anti-town. The question is, was it a deliberate ploy to make us think coaching if Glork was later lynched/killed, or is it genuine? Wraith does seem to stall a bit on voting WeirdRa close to deadline. With just under four days to go, following a vote count showing Katsuki (his vote) at 5 and WeirdRa at 6, in post 739 he says:
Wraith wrote:Shit. Can we please decide on a lynch for today, and soon?
VV then switches to WeirdRa, putting the wagons at 7-4 in favour of a WeirdRa lynch, at which point Wraith decides to switch. Could definitely be a bus. I need to reread some more, but given these points and the fact that Wraith has already claimed, I could definitely back his lynch.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:37 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Wait, back up a minute. Something just occurred to me:

Mari: you said no-one visited Katy N1?

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:22 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Sorry, that should say N2. It was Glork N1 (nothing), Katy N2 (nothing) and Edge N3 (nothing). That right?

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:28 am

Post by Mariyta »

I "tire"
you
? Why? Because I'm actually making you participate? Because you can't lurk your way through anymore? My apologies. Clearly, you're tired town and I should just leave you alone now (that was sarcasm, in case you didn't get that part). What reaction by VV? Where he said he thinks you're town trying to catch up? And yes, those are correct.

We have 4 days to deadline, folks. Let's get on with this.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:37 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Because there's quite clearly no case being made on me outside of PoE and the fact that I haven't contributed much. I apologise for my lack of posting earlier in the game and I'm doing my best to catch up in a lengthy game that I fell behind in. My activity has been consistent across the site, so I really think it's a null tell. If you think I'm scummy for other reasons, go ahead and make a case, but in a game where we have 2 scumflips from the team we're trying to find, saying I've lurked a lot and ruling out other players for flimsy reasons isn't going to cut it. And don't say I'm our 'safest' lynch - our 'safest' lynch would be a claimed vanilla who we're absolutely sure doesn't have a ring.

No, the reaction where VV says he agrees with my Dekes case.

Thanks for confirming the watcher targets. That brings me to my follow-up. Why do you think SlySly was so quick to counter-claim watcher?

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:21 am

Post by Mariyta »

You're
tiring
me
out. Lurking at this stage in the game is a valid case, IMO. Scum often lurk early on to stay under the radar. Don't pass it off blithely as a null tell. And I don't think lynching one of our VTs is logical. First, I believe their claims, so we'd be lynching town (which is dumb). Second, you have been confirmed by Katy to not have a ring. Third, the reasons for ruling others out are not "flimsy." Fourth, you're scum.

What does VV's reaction to a case you made on Dekes have to do with what we're discussing? No, I don't think VV is scum based on that. What's your point?

I have no idea why Sly counterclaimed. It seems like a stupid, dangerous gamble. If I had been lynched, he would likely have been run up the next day. Unless he thought I was on the other scum team for some reason.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:14 am

Post by VasudeVa »

We get it, you two are Town.

Now vote Dekes. Seriously, vote Dekes.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:44 am

Post by Mariyta »

VasudeVa wrote:We get it, you two are Town.

You're half right. And I think you're wrong about Dekes. Throw out Halloween v/la as part of your case, because that's invalid. How else has he lurked? He's been pretty active, IMO. Much more active than LL. What else do you have on him, aside from lurking?
-Susan Ertz

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:46 am

Post by Wraith »

@Edge: I think there's a problem with your "Daykiller shoots you to confirm InHim" - if InHim is telling the truth, the Daykiller might have already shot you, and nothing happened.
Show

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:56 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Mariyta wrote:
VasudeVa wrote:We get it, you two are Town.

You're half right. And I think you're wrong about Dekes. Throw out Halloween v/la as part of your case, because that's invalid. How else has he lurked? He's been pretty active, IMO. Much more active than LL. What else do you have on him, aside from lurking?
LL's case on Dekes IS very good. I advice you to read it.

This 'ignore the lurker's posts, they're scum!' mentality is retarded. People lurk all the time for various reasons. I do not see LL's lurking to be malicious at all. All you guys really have on him is his lurking and that's taking the easy way out. I find his attempts to catch up to be very genuine and he's been attempting to look for scum even if he's time constrained IRL.

Dekes is...similar, but there is that established link between Dekes and Glork in LL's case that had me convinced. LL has absolutely no valid links to Glork/Weird that I can remember.

We have 2 goddamn Mordor Flips. It is not the time to be 'LYNCH ALL LURKERs'. We need to check interactions and LL's case is the analysis of Glork/WeirdRa interactions available.

We got lucky with A2R because he's a retard. Dekes, if scum, is competent and won't stupidly lurk his way to oblivion.

I've been grasping at straws here to get you people to listen but nonoonoo.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”