The Lord of the Rings Mafia - GAME OVER (KABOOM)

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:13 am

Post by Wraith »

Not policy lynching, it's just coincidence (and far more likely) that the two lurkers happen to be the best choices for a lynch today. You're a close third. After all, didn't Edge say "all they have to do is lurk to victory"?
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:47 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Boromir, Seraph-Knight

This is a one-shot, continuous ability if you're not familiar with the role (I was not). On Night Two I chose someone to Seraph protect, and that target cannot be targeted by anything other than Town abilities so long as I am alive.

On Night One, instead of snap-protecting Glork, my doubts on him made me hesitate. So I laid in wait and picked someone other than Glork on Night Two after I still had my doubts.

My target is still alive.

Sorry for my relatively little use in these last few real-life days. I'll get back and draw up some suspects after work.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:52 am

Post by Katy »

While I agree that most of the suspect people are lurky, lurking isn't necessarily a sign of scumminess. Remember that CES was lurking heavily but it was because he was Frodo. Compare to Glork who was one of the more active players but was scum trying to lead everyone by the nose.

Edge, why do you think LL is town by his basically one substantial post?
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:59 am

Post by Wraith »

While I can believe it via background flavor, that's a very obscure claim. And I've believed two other claims and was wrong.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Dekes »

Soooo....I'd have said no to mass claim, even role claim. After all, Gandalf was not only mason, but JOAT, too. Claimed PRs even without claiming masons = on scum's NK list for two reasons.

However, now that InHim claimed (did you read the previous pages before claiming?) there are only like four or five people left. You guys still want that MC to be on hold?
Edge wrote:Imrahil, Vanilla Townie.
You assfaces. I trusted you.

I googled the Palantiri. And I believe there's a good chance we're dealing with three Palantiri. Osgiliath, Amon Sul and Annuminas were long lost before the Ring War and Elostirion didn't play any role in it (and it couldn't communicate with the others anyway).
Edge wrote:Even with the god damn sweep and crosskills we've been having we still can't win for another THREE DAYS AT MINIMUM:
Not true. If Gollum kills scum today and/or tomorrow this can be over in two days (one if Gollum has indeed a second win con to find the One Ring and is removed from the game - would approve this for balance's sake).

So, Mariyta is town already. Purple scum has been wiped out. And I don't see her being red scum. She made a case on WeirdRa on D1 when suspicions were low on them and Glork hopped on the wagon shortly after. Now with Katy's info that Mordor scum has an alternative win con I can't see two red scums basically building a counterwagon on Sauron, who makes achieving this win con ten times easier, on D1 when there were some wagons like gandalf and Katsuki already there to hop on inconspiciously. Sorry, I made life hard for ya, Mari.

Gut says, Inhim is town. Case seems too weak to justify that lot of suspicion. "Bussing" Weirdra (which would be half the people on D1) and being called town by Glorkscum are no scumtells in my book. Now with the lurker addition I think scum took the opportunity to deflect suspicion from themselves.
I thought for a second his target would've been zwet and that's why he survived SpyreX's shot. But then I read InHim's target is till alive. Role could be provable if we wanted to.

As for suspicions: Wraith and jenni.

Wraith:
- Didn't like his wagon hopping on D2 and his "I don't contribute and lurk a lot on D1" attitude early on D1. He's been coasting along since his wagon died down on D1.
- Denethor was under the control of Sauron in the Ring War. So I wouldn't be surprised to see him Mordor-aligned.
- Now what irks me the most. Wraith claims that the Palantiri were in possession of scum all the time. Wraith claims that Saruman said scum get more powerful the more Palantiri they get. Wraith claimed Denethor D1....so why has he survived until now? Scum with half a brain has to now that Denethor is in possession of a Palantir. Why didn't they kill him? Unless he's scum himself of course.

Two questions, Wraith:
You said, you think, scum was in possession of the other Palantiri all the time that you've had access to the quicktopic? Can you tell us which characters were in possession of them N1? Because the Minas Ithil Palantir should have been in Sauron's hands at game start and with no purple scum on his lynch wagon if another red scum got it maybe you can clarify what characters are left there?
You said there were two claims you believed and got fooled. Which two do you mean?

Jenni:
VV, yeah, I still remember the Castlevania game. And I remember jenni being more inquisitive and sharper as well.
- Not posting because being helluva busy, I can live with. But then posting twice right before the lynch scene with nothing useful at all (last-minute thoughts or something like that would've been neat)? Looks like she's been following the thread rather closely after all. Might have well made yourself visible once or twice during the days to let people know where you stand.
-
jenniwren wrote:Also, don't forget that a lot of people weren't able to post on D3
Why post that? Already pointing at others for doing the same thing you're being accused of?
- The Inhim case seems forced (see above) to justify her hopping on a wagon that was the most promising at that time. Edge called Inhim/jenni, so it must be right, right? And since you don't want to build a wagon on yourself you chose the other good option...but:

Two questions for you as well:
What happened to your suspicions on rewq and Nero Cain? You pursued both of them on D1 and made a case on rewq again on D2. Guess, it's time to follow the popular wagon now that suspicion is on you. Seriously, what do you think of rewq and Nero Cain now?
Do you believe Nero Cain's claim?

Until then:
Vote: jenniwren
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:51 am

Post by Dekes »

EBWOP:
Just thought about it. There's no way Saruman could've gotten Sauron's Palantir. He wasn't on WeirdRa's lynch wagon. We are pretty sure Saruman killed only N3 when he was killed. Something doesn't add up here. Either Sly was lying or Wratih is lying.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:55 am

Post by Wraith »

When Sauron got lynched, the Minas Ithil palantir was passed to Wormtongue. When Wormtongue got killed, it passed to him.

@mod: Can I quote from the quicktopic?
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:58 am

Post by Wraith »

Okay, thinking about that just now, it makes pretty much no sense AFAIK. I'm just telling y'all what I was told by the person who claimed to be Saruman.
Show

Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:01 am

Post by Dekes »

Wraith wrote:When Sauron got lynched, the Minas Ithil palantir was passed to Wormtongue. When Wormtongue got killed, it passed to him.

@mod: Can I quote from the quicktopic?
How does that make any sense? You said the Palantir is passed onto a person on the lynch wagon. But neither zwet (Wormtongue) was on WeirdRa's (Sauron) lynch wagon nor SlySly (Saruman) on zwet's?

You're on a slippery slope here, Wraith. And I'm fairly certain you cannot quote from a quicktopic. But I bet you knew that already.

EPWOP: A-ha.
Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:11 am

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

@ Wraith: No, you may not quote any quicktopics you have access to.

-The Elvish Baker
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Edge »

HAMMER THAT BULLSHIT OF A CLAIM RITE NOW.

@KATY: I DONT CARE WHAT LL IS, INHIM JUST CLAIMED SCUM AND NEEDS DEATH.

1. CLAIMED WHEN WE WERENT SUPPOSED TO BE MASSCLAIMING.
2. IS SCUM.
3. IS SCUM.
4. IS SCUM.
5. IF YOU ALL WANT TO BE FUCKIN PUSSIES, HAVE INHIM CLAIM HIS TARGET. DEPENDING ON WHO IT IS, THE THE DAYKILLER SHOOTS THAT TARGET. COURSE DAYKILLER WONT CLAIM, SO WE'LL JUST ASSUME THAT INHIM'S ABILITY IS REAL IF EVERYONE POSTS AND THAT PERSON IS STILL ALIVE.

COURSE THERE'S PLENTY OF HOLES IN THAT PLAN, SUCH AS THE DAYKILLER PLAYING BALL OR NOT. MY ADVICE WOULD JUST BE TO LYNCH INHIM REGARDLESS OF WHO HE TARGETED.

INHIM WHY NOT CLAIM TARGET? THAT PERSON IS SUPPOSEDLY BULLETPROOF FOREVER NOW, RIGHT? NOT SURE WHETHER TO CLAIM YOUR SCUMBUDDY OR NOT?

DIE BITCH DIE.

VOTE: INHIM
True strength is found at the edge of sanity.
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:34 am

Post by Edge »

OH "SO LONG AS I'M ALIVE" CLAUSE.

KEK.

CREATIVE CLAIMS =/= TOWN CLAIMS.

LET'S HEAR THAT TARGET THOUGH, IF ITS KATY FOR EXAMPLE YOU GET TO LIVE UNTIL ENDGAME WITH HER WHERE SHE CAN TURN AROUND AND HAMMER YOU.
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:53 am

Post by rewq455 »

This whole Palantir thing makes no sense. Why would Wormtongue say he was Wormtongue if the other two people had already claimed? It makes no sense for someone to give information with no information to receive.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
Scum who smiles when scum is lynched just led the wagon.

My stats and game links are in my wiki.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Mariyta »

Reading in a stupor of fatigue, so forgive any stupidity that may ensue.

@Dekes: /hugs. All is forgiven if you catch the last scum.

@inHim: Please explain "one-shot, continuous". It sounds like an oxymoron to me. And who was your target? You're one of the top suspects. Withholding information will not help your case.

Dekes makes some very good points, especially about jenni. I plan on doing some ISOs tomorrow evening. Let's not rush this one. We need to get it right.

P-edit: rewq's comment makes me go WTF? as I don't remember anything being said about Wormtongue and the Palantirs. I definitely need to re-read.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:39 am

Post by Katy »

I don't think there's any reason SARUMAN would have been telling the truth in a Palantir quicktopic. The last LOTR game I played had a similar mechanic and the scum in the Palantir thread knew full well that there were town in there too and spread as much bullshit as possible.

Wraith do you have any evidence for palantirs being passed around other than what Saruman told you? If your palantir gave power to a player, and could be passed on death, there's no reason you are alive right now. More likely the Palantir is just a means to have let Saruman and Sauron mess with you in a shared thread and for everyone to try to guess who each other is. How many people were posting in the QT and when did it start? There's a chance Aragorn was meant to be in there too, as he uses a palantir at some point to announce himself to Sauron.
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:43 am

Post by Edge »

WE ARE TOWN. VASUDEVA IS GOLLUM. INHIM IS SCUM. WRAITH IS TOWN. LOCKE IS TOWN.

ANY QUESTIONS? NOW GET TO LYNCHIN' INHIM.

BTW, I AM A SHINING BEACON OF HOPE AND SANITY FOR TOWN. IN YOUR FACES.
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:43 am

Post by Edge »

Katy wrote:I don't think there's any reason SARUMAN would have been telling the truth in a Palantir quicktopic. The last LOTR game I played had a similar mechanic and the scum in the Palantir thread knew full well that there were town in there too and spread as much bullshit as possible.

Wraith do you have any evidence for palantirs being passed around other than what Saruman told you? If your palantir gave power to a player, and could be passed on death, there's no reason you are alive right now. More likely the Palantir is just a means to have let Saruman and Sauron mess with you in a shared thread and for everyone to try to guess who each other is. How many people were posting in the QT and when did it start? There's a chance Aragorn was meant to be in there too, as he uses a palantir at some point to announce himself to Sauron.
KATY WHAT CRACK ARE YOU SMOKING. WRAITH IS OBVTOWN.
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:44 am

Post by Edge »

rewq455 wrote:This whole Palantir thing makes no sense. Why would Wormtongue say he was Wormtongue if the other two people had already claimed? It makes no sense for someone to give information with no information to receive.
IT DOES IF YOU KNOW INSIDE INFO LIKE DENETHOR DOES AND WE DO.

NOW VOTE INHIM.
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:47 am

Post by rewq455 »

Edge wrote:
rewq455 wrote:This whole Palantir thing makes no sense. Why would Wormtongue say he was Wormtongue if the other two people had already claimed? It makes no sense for someone to give information with no information to receive.
IT DOES IF YOU KNOW INSIDE INFO LIKE DENETHOR DOES AND WE DO.

NOW VOTE INHIM.
Thought I already was.
Vote: InHim

Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:48 am

Post by Edge »

Wraith wrote:@Edge: How do you know anything about Palantiri? What does the Osgiliath stone do?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palantír
Wraith wrote:EBWOP: To clarify

What does "it can eavesdrop on others" mean?

Also, Saruman mentioned that collecting all the palantiri would make him invincible. What does that mean exactly and why do you know that?
It was the only one that could eavesdrop on conversations between two other Palantiri.

Each of the other six were only devices for direct communication with one of the other stones, and could not hear any other Palantiri conversation unless it was directed at them.

In this, the Osgiliath stone was unique.
Wraith wrote:Also: @Edge: MAriyta claimed results. SHe targeted you and saw no one.
AAAAALLLLLLLLL RESULTS. NOT JUST ONE NIGHTS WORTH
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by Wraith »

Oh, I thought you were implying the Osgiliath stone was in this game. I personally have seen no evidence it is, but "Saruman" did say that he was looking for it in-game.

And I do know exactly when palantiri were passed around, I just doubt I'm allowed to reveal how
Show

rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by rewq455 »

@ Wraith
Are the palentirs giving Day talk, or just Night Talk?

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by Wraith »

Night talk only.
Show

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Wraith wrote: After all, didn't Edge say "all they have to do is lurk to victory"?
And this makes the lurkers the best bets?
You're a close third.
oh crap!!!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

Day 4 Vote Count 1

Dekes
- 1 - VasudeVa
inHimshallibe
- 3 - Wraith, Edge, rewq455

jenniwren
- 1 - Dekes

Not Voting
- 6 - Katy, Mariyta, inHimshallibe, jenniwren, Locke Lamora, Nero Cain

Eleven stand gathered; six votes will lynch (and six will no-Lynch).

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”