Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:27 am

Post by Fate »

hitogoroshi wrote:Coaching isn't really a tell in a game where scum daytalk...
Hito, you being the one to suggest not posting useless posts, I advise you to not try to teach a retard actual scum/town tells.

(I mean my god, his level of play is still on the "WTFDEFENSE? YOU MUST BE SCUMBUDDIES" plane that I'd expect from a Newbie's first game)
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:31 am

Post by rewq455 »

Furcolow wrote:so now you've regressed into openly coaching?
i thought you were better than that, fate
By the vote counts saying "whisper whisper" it is apparent that the scum are using their QT to Day-Talk. The tell is null.
Fate wrote:Bowser only has one vote, which is disappointing.

Baby Spice claiming ward that early (before xvart) gives her town points because I don't see her claiming ward if her fetish crafting failed (in such an instance as a Xvarttown flip would indite her).

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

LB HAS A WAGON.

LEZ GO

VOTE: Lost Butterfly
If she crafted Fetish and failed, Baby Spice would still have heard noise. The tell is null.

Also, this is obvious wagoning. I ISOed you, and all that you have said about Lost Butterfly is that it is scummy that the heads are not acting as one. Any other reasons why you are voting them?
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
Scum who smiles when scum is lynched just led the wagon.

My stats and game links are in my wiki.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:33 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Fate wrote:Hito, you being the one to suggest not posting useless posts, I advise you to not try to teach a retard actual scum/town tells.
Furcolow is an investigator. If he's wrongly accusing you of being scum, it's not out of malicious intent. You can politely explain why he's wrong without resorting to insults. I can appreciate aggression as one of many tools to gather information, and I can appreciate snapping back at someone when you think their accusations come from them being scum, but neither is applicable here. There's no need to be rude.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:52 am

Post by totallynotmafia »

If somebody claims to have robbed two graves in a night is there any way to prove they did?
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:54 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Furcolow wrote:You berated me for talking about graverobbing earlier (or was that rewq? I think it was you!), and now you talk about it? I am not really for this hypocrisy, but that is not why I'm quoting this...
My intention was that we should not be deciding graverobbers till tomorrow, as we do not know how many deaths we are dealing with, and what is the optimal graverobbing strategy to go with until then.

I am confused by the concept of having town-players rob. I believe it to be to get "accurate" results of the occurrence of graverobbing, but not entirely convinced about that. In any case, with one town and one suspect it can still shut down at least one possible suspect. Each grave, if it is to be robbed, should be robbed by exactly two players, no exceptions. Even if its one town and one suspect. This is to provide the added bonus information of getting equipment or not, and to prevent Cult from gaining Corpse Dust.

I was going to put forth the idea that today's lynch should not be graverobbed to amass extra bodies for tomorrow night, but I am going to shoot that down personally as I believe the information from the flip is crucial to continuing discussion.
Welcome to the Network.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:55 am

Post by Fate »

I know he's town, that's why I'm not bothering to refute his case and expose the motivations behind it, because the only motive he has is to find scum and he's doing a terrible job with subpar tells.

I'd go through and refute them and try to convince him he's wrong, but I've already done that with Benmage today and I've had quite enough of defending myself. I rather just ignore his case and find actual scum, and I suggest you do the same. The worst case scenario is that his case goes undefended for a great part of the game, and then he misvotes me in LyLo (the possibility of his scumFate theory lasting that long through all the flips is minimal, but as I said worst case...)

@rewq: I said it was scummy that she was playing the "WHY WOULD SCUM" dance in RESPONSE to accusations about not acting as one, the initial dissonance was just Anti-Town. And yes it IS blatant wagonning and I warned everyone well in advance I'd be jumping on the largest non-AV wagon I approved of after the next VC.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
El Goosuki
El Goosuki
Goon
El Goosuki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:56 am

Post by El Goosuki »

All three of us have no idea what's going on.
We really need a summary.
Yeah.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:57 am

Post by Fate »

Your vote needs to move from AV to Lost Butterfly because of scummy reactions to accusations on Hydra dissonance.

Yeah.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:58 am

Post by Fate »

"LURK TO VICTORY!"-Ellie
"Nah that's not my style"-DGB
"LOL DIDN YOU TRY THAT IN RECKS MAD MIND?"-Kats
"Yeah, I still want to see how it goes"-Ellie
"How about, feign ignorance to victory? Like NEVEr contribute seriously and pretend to be lost in the complexity of the game?"-DGB
"Yeah we can roll with that"-Kats and Ellie

DONT THINK YOU ARE GETTING AWAY SCUM.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:59 am

Post by Feysal »

AurorusVox #832 wrote:Righto. Here's the plan in all it's bullet-point (no pun intended) glory.

- The target of a kill receives different flavour depending on whether they're targeted by a murder or a ritual.
Sorry, but I just asked about this, and Percy said in his reply that the target is not told whether he was targeted by Murder or Ritual. See post #815.
AurorusVox #839 wrote:- Investigate Ben to see if he's bloody, since the ritual does not cause blood
AurorusVox #845 wrote:Hmm. "All Cultists who selected Participate in the Ritual gain an Insanity. If the target was not Murdered, they also become Bloody, even if the kill was prevented by Resuscitate."

Mod: Is the "they" in this sentence the Cultists, or the target?

- If the answer to my above question is "the target" then this has to come from murdering. If the answer is "the Cultists," then we're screwed and I might just cry myself to sleep
I'm pretty sure it is the cultists. It would make no sense for the target to become bloody, when the purpose of the Ritual is that the target becomes dead.

And this means we can't confirm Benmage, except by letting him kill Fate, since a successful kill would have flavor. As hitogoroshi said, Fate can't confirm Benmage with the Occult Books either, since cult could easily take one insanity for him to detect. That's it then, we can't confirm Benmage without sacrificing Fate, and because that's insane we should talk Benmage out of it.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:04 am

Fate can confirm BM by telling us if he's bloody or not. Sure, Fate can lie, but that probably gives us more valuable info down the track anyway.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:05 am

Post by Seacore »

I'm back. I've been trying to keep up to date on my phone whenever I had coverage, but that wasn't often.

I seem to not be the lead wagon anymore? Or maybe I still am. If people have questions I'm happy to answer them. I might uncover them as I start to read more thoroughly, but it'll be easier if people just reask them.

My inclination has been to just assume LB and BS are investigators, but I've realised that's because most of the people who accused them accused me, and I KNOW that they were wrong about the latter. But I'm going to go back and look at them in ISO.

I'm struggling though, every time I think I've found scum and ISO them, they seem more investigator to me.
It seems the majority of people are demanding a cult targeted lynch rather than a general scummy one (i.e. Not going after a potential murderer) so I'll leave off the Benmage thing for now.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:06 am

Post by Fate »

OH HELL Seacore you're going to have to better than that or I WILL have to start bussing you
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:09 am

ReaperCharlie wrote:@ TNM: LOL! Why would I waste my Res Kit... would it be to prove I'm town? Remember, cult can have Res Kits too.
I mean to prove you actually have one ie you didn't stalk last night.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:09 am

Post by Furcolow »

Fate wrote:Bowser only has one vote, which is disappointing.

Baby Spice claiming ward that early (before xvart) gives her town points because I don't see her claiming ward if her fetish crafting failed (in such an instance as a Xvarttown flip would indite her).

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

LB HAS A WAGON.

LEZ GO

VOTE: Lost Butterfly
ok this is the fate i know and love
kunkstar7 wrote:
Furcolow wrote:You berated me for talking about graverobbing earlier (or was that rewq? I think it was you!), and now you talk about it? I am not really for this hypocrisy, but that is not why I'm quoting this...
My intention was that we should not be deciding graverobbers till tomorrow, as we do not know how many deaths we are dealing with, and what is the optimal graverobbing strategy to go with until then.

I am confused by the concept of having town-players rob. I believe it to be to get "accurate" results of the occurrence of graverobbing, but not entirely convinced about that. In any case, with one town and one suspect it can still shut down at least one possible suspect. Each grave, if it is to be robbed, should be robbed by exactly two players, no exceptions. Even if its one town and one suspect. This is to provide the added bonus information of getting equipment or not, and to prevent Cult from gaining Corpse Dust.

I was going to put forth the idea that today's lynch should not be graverobbed to amass extra bodies for tomorrow night, but I am going to shoot that down personally as I believe the information from the flip is crucial to continuing discussion.
I agree with you
it was one of the few things we did well last game
one thing we need to implement is single shot vigs confirming town later in the game (earlier they might be tempted to go murderer)
Fate wrote:I know he's town, that's why I'm not bothering to refute his case and expose the motivations behind it, because the only motive he has is to find scum and he's doing a terrible job with subpar tells.

I'd go through and refute them and try to convince him he's wrong, but I've already done that with Benmage today and I've had quite enough of defending myself. I rather just ignore his case and find actual scum, and I suggest you do the same. The worst case scenario is that his case goes undefended for a great part of the game, and then he misvotes me in LyLo (the possibility of his scumFate theory lasting that long through all the flips is minimal, but as I said worst case...)

@rewq: I said it was scummy that she was playing the "WHY WOULD SCUM" dance in RESPONSE to accusations about not acting as one, the initial dissonance was just Anti-Town. And yes it IS blatant wagonning and I warned everyone well in advance I'd be jumping on the largest non-AV wagon I approved of after the next VC.
you don't need to defend your vote
it is a good vote for the town even if you are bussing
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:11 am

Post by Furcolow »

Fate wrote:OH HELL Seacore you're going to have to better than that or I WILL have to start bussing you
i hope youre joking
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:12 am

Post by Fate »

Defend what vote? I was talking about defending your "Case" on me which consists entirely of me calling Seacore town (iirc) and "slipping" by grammatically calling VP Baltar town when I mean *your* town play, and then went on to imply that I found him scummy.

(VP's recent posts have changed that btw)
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:13 am

Ha it would be funny if he meant to post that in the scum QT.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:13 am

Post by Fate »

Furcolow wrote:
Fate wrote:OH HELL Seacore you're going to have to better than that or I WILL have to start bussing you
i hope youre joking
NOPE, IM COACHIN IN THREAD BECAUSE I LOST MY QT LINK.

SAD ISN'T IT?

HOPEFULLY THE WIFOM WILL LET ME LIVE LONGER!!!!? DUN LYNCH M3
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:15 am

Post by Furcolow »

Fate wrote:Defend what vote? I was talking about defending your "Case" on me which consists entirely of me calling Seacore town (iirc) and "slipping" by grammatically calling VP Baltar town when I mean *your* town play, and then went on to imply that I found him scummy.

(VP's recent posts have changed that btw)
jeeps tells #5: Admitting someone is a townie without saying "IF" (+10) (mafia knows for sure who isn't mafia)
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:15 am

Unvote, Vote: Fate
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:15 am

Post by Furcolow »

you've done it about 5 times
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:17 am

Post by Fate »

/wrists

Re: JEEPtells, OLD TELLS ARE OLD
+
Account for Fate's arrogance
=
I WILL SAY THAT I AM RIGHT WITH 100% CERTAINTY AND I WILL BE RIGHT. THAT'S WHY SHEEPING ME IS GOOD PLAY REGARDLESS OF MY ALIGNMENT.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:18 am

Post by Fate »

Oh sorry thread, there I go defending myself against stupidity again (and TNM's vote is stupid for trifold reasons as well)

I'm gonna go play video games for awhile.

PEACE
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:18 am

Post by Furcolow »

Lost Butterfly wrote:Let's just skip RVS and get down to business.

(Well, actually...

Daykill: Fate

I've waited for months to do that!)

I'm in favour of a mass Noise/No noise and Ward target claim, popcorn style. Faraday and I were in favour of a mass claim, but then I noticed that players who resuscitate that night can't be resuscitated. So I don't think we should give away who has what equipment.

I think Faraday had his own opinions on who'd be most likely to go murderer, but my personal choice to go first would be VasudeVa, because of this post from the sign-up thread:
This makes me want to help a murderer win. (Especially after seeing that ultra delicious Cult win flavor yum, yum. <3.)

Someone awesome please go murderer? <3vpbaltarsottyrulezojanenspyrexmagnaofillusion I'mlookinatyou
Anyone have another choice?

====================================================
EBWOPreview: Ninja'd by RC and Magna. Do people agree that we should do it in order to maximize the chances of someone slipping up?
I myself also Heard Noise and did not Ward. I don’t think at this juncture we are going to get a ton of information out of who heard noises. Anyone who didn’t hear noise might provide something to go on as those players (if telling the truth) can’t be the target of a NK action N1 and thus should not be protected via Resuscitate.
I think it's still informative to claim if you heard noise AND ward targets, because:

1) It allows for better direction of Resuscitation/Warding tonight:

i-if someone didn't ward and heard noise, we know absolutely that he was stalked or had a fetish crafted of him (unless he's lying), and would be a good resuscitation target.

i--if someone claims to have warded you, you know you can't be killed tonight. (Although hang on, I just thought of a caveat.
Mods: will players be informed if Craft Fetish and/or Stalk fails?
) Other players would also know that a protown player who didn't hear noise would be a good ward target on N1.

2) It might be interesting to see how the numbers match up (if a suspiciously high or suspiciously low number of people claim to have heard noise, for example).
check out lost butterfly's first post
notice the "daykill: fate" ?

LB + Fate connections all throughout the game
they even defend the same people......
I WONDER WHY

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”