Newbie 1010 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:20 am

Post by neil1113 »

Well see I was wondering the same thing as to who to put my vote down. I find it awfully scummy that she left RIGHT when she was about to get examined (and it was obvious she was.) Now this could truly be due to weird and ironic circumstances, or it could be that she's really just trying to avoid getting questioned. I find that much more scummy then the way Yoenit has played, at least so far. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'll die tonight. So after tonight, we just lynch Yoenit tomorrow and that's game over for the scum. But if you really would prefer Yoenit, I'll go with that too... either way they both get lynched. Which is why my votes on CP, it doesn't matter who goes first really... Heh.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
Yoenit
Yoenit
Townie
Yoenit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Yoenit »

Hate to be pulling a Catterpillar on you, but I am not gonna be here tomorrow and I will have little free time till tuesday.

I will postpone any game comments till I have seen caterpillars reaction to the vote on him.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Yoenit wrote: ...but decided to postpone posting it to see how caterpillar would respond to the question asked by Neil.
He
didn't do so and instead goes VLA for 4 days. How convenient.
Yoenit wrote: ... till I have seen caterpillars reaction to the vote on
him
Not sure that's working on me...
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:39 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Alright. Screw it, I don't think Neil is lying about this.

vote: Catterpillar
Yoenit
Yoenit
Townie
Yoenit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:22 am

Post by Yoenit »

Civil Scum wrote:Alright. Screw it, I don't think Neil is lying about this.

vote: Catterpillar
VOTE: Catterpillar :twisted:
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:45 am

Post by bird1111 »

You string up Catterpillar and check his house. Looking around, it quickly becomes clear that he was nothing more than a Vanilla Townie. Civil Scum and nevermind's eyes open wide in fear as Yoenit and neil1113 shoot them, having the numbers now to take over the village without fear.

Catterpillar, Towine, lynched Day 3
Civil Scum, Townie, endgamed
nevermind, Townie, endgamed

Game Over, the Mafia (consisting of neil1113 and Yoenit) win!
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:49 am

Post by bird1111 »

Final Status:

Alive:
Yoenit, Mafia Goon, survives and wins!
neil1113, Mafia Goon, survives and wins!

Dead:
Olinea, Vanilla Townie, lynched Day 1
Vinicius Chaim, Doctor, killed Night 1
Razgriz, Vanilla Townie, lynched Day 2
silverbullet999, Vanilla Townie, killed Night 2
Catterpillar, Vanilla Townie, lynched Day 3
Civil Scum, Vanilla Townie, endgamed
nevermind, Vanilla Townie, endgamed

Setup:
2 Mafia Goons
1 Doc
6 Townies

Yoenit and neil1113 are the Mafia Goons
Vinicius Chaim is the Doctor
Everyone else is a townie

Mafia Quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/DxkE6xbDu6R
Green Room: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/sfzV7S4vbcjZs
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:11 am

Post by Olinea »

Well, it was a great game. You both deserve the win -- you played very well. Yoenit was probably the most pro-town player out there to me, but that's the element of good scum play.

Apologies for being a bit of a messmaker Day 1. Learned to tone it down from now on :/

I thought I'd have more to say at the end of this. Again, congrats on the win, you two.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Olinea »

Also, I thought Catterpillar's profile said "Female". Everyone kept calling her "him".
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:17 am

Post by neil1113 »

:) Oli, how's it feel to know the first person you ever voted for in a Mafia game, turned out to be scum after all? :)
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-

Me=Weird
-
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:28 am

Post by Olinea »

That reasoning was a general mess.
Olinea wrote:Okay, really short analysis.
neil1113 wrote:All of these votes in such a short time... it seems like that'd be the mafia's goal right? To try and get a lynch going on us and try to take us out... According to the info above, there are only two mafia. So this shouldn't be too hard to get them to expose themselves. My only concern right now is if Civil turns up to be scum. He's a bit more experienced according to the boards, and therefore he can play "Town" a lot easier then others. So to clarify Civil, I have my eyes on you.

Also, Ups it seems like you're posting just to get your name out there so nobody can claim you're "lurking", though you bring no valuable information to the town either concerning yourself, or concerning anything you've seen. Granted, it's day 1 so I'm not too worried about this but you're also in my sights. I'd rather not lose this game to the mafia scum, and so I'll be keeping a close eye out on this game. And if I get killed day 1.... I'll be rather mad. :P But if Civil or Ups really is scum, it'd be a dead give a way (okay, maybe not OBVIOUS but pretty clear) that you're scum. Just saying.

Now that I've had my say, continue on with your conversation. :)
This post stood out a lot. I’d read the entire thread thinking Neil is scum, and so far, the only thing I found working for him being town is the fact that he posts quite a lot. I was genuinely surprised when I read that he'd played a ton of Mafia before. He targets Ups for "lurking" right off the bat (I believe this is the second post of the second page). Killing the RVS rather quickly, don't you think?
neil1113 wrote:No. Be quiet Silver.

:P

And Civil I did it way earlier so I could keep notes on the game and get an overview of who claims what, who's provided what info, who's lurked most of the game, ect. It's my default action at the start of every game.

P.S. Silver, you got me there. You're completely right on this one. Goodness gracious, I'd wish you stop doing that. You're making me look bad! I'm trying to impress the girls that read this! Gosh! *cough* scum... *cough*...
The tongue thing is the only standout. Probably nothing. But this is why I suspect silverbullet. Scum obviously can’t avoid each other during the game; they have to act like they suspect each other. Silver and Neil’s interactions seemed very short-lived, but still there. At one point, I think Neil put a vote on Silver but removed it.

Neil seems to be going after the lurkers. Ups, Nevermind, and Yoenit. Going after someone purely based on activity seems scummy to me; it kills conversation. I read that "Shorter days hurt the town". Neil's certainly trying to shorten the days, I think.

Vote: neil1113
When I talk about my progression through Mafia, you can bet that the "smiley face" reasoning will be the biggest example of horribly bad logic. "Killing RVS quickly", well, now I know that ending RVS is good. Forget why I thought that ending RVS was scummy. The second part of that was good, it kinda pointed out how your reasoning on Yoenit was faulty, but Yoenit was just
so
pro-town to me that he never came up on my radar.

Question for you, Neil. When you said "1 of those 3 is scum" when you claimed Cop and narrowed the suspects to Civil, Catterpillar, and Yoenit, was that really a slipup?
GreyICE:
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:30 am

Post by neil1113 »

Nah, my mindset was elsewhere.

My thoughts:

We could lynch one of these three right now, so that's what came out. That one of those three are scum. My intention was focusing on one of those three, not all, and not on two at one time. My intention was trying to get the town to focus on ONE person, and not multiple.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-

Me=Weird
-
nevermind
nevermind
Goon
nevermind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:49 am

Post by nevermind »

eh sorry for playing poorly, I'll take a break from mafia until my workload lessens.
Yoenit
Yoenit
Townie
Yoenit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:49 am

Post by Yoenit »

Olinea wrote:Well, it was a great game. You both deserve the win -- you played very well. Yoenit was probably the most pro-town player out there to me, but that's the element of good scum play.
:D

Nice play by Neill on day 3, thought it was gonna end with one of us dead for sure.
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:54 am

Post by neil1113 »

I was holding my breath that Civil wouldn't pressure you and trust me, and just jump on my wagon! I really wasn't sure if he was going to or not... lol!:)
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-

Me=Weird
-
Catterpillar
Catterpillar
Townie
Catterpillar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by Catterpillar »

Damnit.

Well played guys, just wish I had managed to get a post in though I think civil would have voted me anyway.
"Who are
you
?"
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

why'd you choose to kill me off at night?
... People were right it seems....
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:32 pm

actually can you throw the qt up?
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by neil1113 »

Because you were least likely to have been suspected by the current townies. I didn't see a possible mislynch chance with you, so I killed you myself. :P Also, the QT is already up!
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-

Me=Weird
-
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by Spadille »

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, nice game guise.
Was back from the forest games a month ago and joined another game.
Sadly my schedule was bigger that I thought, lol.

First game as scums, first perfect game as scums. Congrats neil and yoenit!
"
Spadille
? Because the name 'Ace Of Spades' is already taken."

No, seriously. I'm one of those town guys.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:25 pm

mehhh now i see..

i prob would have tried killing off civil if i was still alive.
should have noticed your buddying...

I'd say neil earned the victory and yoe... meh you did not : P (cause you just stayed in the background)

I think oli sort of heavily helped this game in your favor... a long with raz...

and of course the everyone being away didn't help at all
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by Olinea »

silverbullet999 wrote:I think oli sort of heavily helped this game in your favor... a long with raz...
Oh, I definitely did. :/

Not too sure about Raz. I had him pegged as town all game, wasn't too sure what the case on him was.
GreyICE:
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:41 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Damn it... well played you two.

Your claim matched up with quite a few things you had said during the game Neil. Had me fooled. There were those other things, VC dying, that you never got killed or blocked even N-2. But I didn't think you'd have been able to play so loudly and loosley on your first game. Also, your reaction to Raz flipping town did NOT sit well with me. I honestly cannot tell you why I let all those things slide.

Even if we had killed Yoenit first (and then you would have blatantly chainsawed for him a couple of times), we still would have been trusting you at that point, and then I'd have gone along lynching Catterpillar.

I've only lost games when someone is believed to be a cop. And so far, they never have been.

My town record gets even worse... haha

Though, I bet I could spot you from now on. I want a rematch! :P

A lot of your posts and such had a lot of parts that just didn't make any sense. I thought you were town, so I just assumed you were thinking in strange/confused ways.

For the record, I was fairly sure that Yoenit was scum by the end of the game. And I have no CLUE as to how catterpillar never even mentioned his name more than once. When she replaced even, he was the SINGLE player she did not offer comments on.

And I have to say that I thought that Raz was even MORE scummier than Olinea was XD
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:12 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Damn, I seriously did like half the scum's work this game
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:28 am

Post by Olinea »

Civil Scum wrote:Damn, I seriously did like half the scum's work this game
I take a decent amount of credit for that one. I remember saying "The scum are probably watching our argument right now and laughing to themselves" or something, and I'll be damned if that wasn't spot-on. I agree that you raised suspicion, but at least you were honest. When I went back on my argument thinking "He wouldn't push so hard if he knew I was town", you told me that people have gotten away with pushing a mislynch. Played a good game, I think. You have nothing to be ashamed of.

My opinions:

Town MVP:
This is kinda hard to decide. I'd probably give it to Civil for staying active (i.e. not lurking) and being logical in his arguments.
Scum MVP:
Yoenit. Sorry, Neil, you raised more suspicion in my eyes then Yoenit did. Had a lot of us fooled, as evidenced by the dead QT.

I'd like to see Razgriz's thoughts on the game. He took a much longer V/LA than expected, didn't he?
GreyICE:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”