The Lord of the Rings Mafia - GAME OVER (KABOOM)

Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:58 am

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

Dekes wrote:
Bilbo Baggins wrote:
Nineteen stand gathered, Nine votes will lynch (and nine will no-Lynch).
Is this correct?

If so, we might have a voteblocker amongst us.
I fixed the votecount. It is 10/19 to lynch.
-The Baker
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:59 am

Post by rewq455 »

Dekes wrote:
SpyreX wrote:Gan was a town (not scum) shot more likely than not.
LMP was killed doing what they were trying to do.
The other two are the factional kills.
I'm with SpyreX here. Seems like the most likely scenario.

Rewq, you think those were four scum NKs? What do you think of Haylen's death on D1?
I think Haylen was killed by a day-vig SK.
Dekes wrote: Anyway, I ISO'd rewq and it wasn't that much of a scumfest I had originally anticipated. There are still things that are plain awful:
- How he dropped the suspicion on zwet completely when being called out on it by LMP and zwet, after rewq had stated that zwet's claim was the most anti-town thing ever
- How he originally didn't want to vote gandalf because he thought gandalf was a goon and he rather wanted to lynch a scum PR instead >_>
- How he feverishly tried to gain town credit for his hammer on WeirdRa

However, apart from that there's a lot of questioning and investigating and rewq definitely took a lot of independent stances, and while I don't agree with a lot of his opinions, it does look like honest scumhunting attempts to me. So I'll lay off of him for now.
-Zwet pointed out that my whole case was based on gut. After this was pointed out and I was told by several people that it is common practice for millers to claim Day 1, I laid off because Zwet appeared much less scummy.

-A lynch that was laid out on what I saw as a silver platter. My paranoia kicked in. I was playing a game with a few friends via an IM system, and the scum decided to sacrifice a member and have the godfather lead the lynch to make him seem townish. Long story short, we got destroyed.

-I have already tried to justify this several times. I have nothing more to say about it.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
Scum who smiles when scum is lynched just led the wagon.

My stats and game links are in my wiki.
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by rewq455 »

Mariyta wrote: Notes on rewq: Didn't see the benefit of miller claiming so early in the game; ISO#8 agrees that zwet is "pretty scummy" and apologizes for his lack of scumhunting; Accused gandalf of "slips" that he then defined as scummy actions (not all scummy actions are slips); Says we should try to kill PR scum over goons (but only scum know who's a PR and who's a goon...); Pushed for gandalf claim when gandalf wasn't the main wagon; Acts like he
had
to hammer Weird or we'd have a no-lynch, which totally isn't true, especially since ME already said they'd hammer in an hour; Lots of posts that only reiterate what others have already said or say nothing at all. See example below.
The whole reason that scum would claim Arwen as a miller is to obtain the status of being viewed as a miller.
First off, there are several posts where I apologize for my lack of vocabulary. Me calling Gandalfs scummy actions "slips" though, does not qualify as a scum tell. Look at the vote count before I asked Gandalf to claim. Gandalf had one less vote than WeirdRa and I then voted Gandalf, and over looked the new votes on WierdRa. At a point where 2 players are tied for the lead in votes, if one is going to claim, it is acceptable to ask the other to claim.
I honestly do not trust MEs claim to vote in an hr. For example, the day has begun and ME hasn't even posted yet. We have many lurkers and I didn't want to rely on one of them to hammer. I realize that my posting habits are not the best, as I tend to start from my last post and respond to things as I go, unless something jumps out at me when I skim over the newer stuff, such as WierdRa being asked to claim. But with that posting style, I do not know what others have said until later when I read it, and I usually won't think to take it out of my post.

jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by jenniwren »

rewq455 wrote:
I honestly do not trust MEs claim to vote in an hr. For example, the day has begun and ME hasn't even posted yet.
We have many lurkers and I didn't want to rely on one of them to hammer. I realize that my posting habits are not the best, as I tend to start from my last post and respond to things as I go, unless something jumps out at me when I skim over the newer stuff, such as WierdRa being asked to claim. But with that posting style, I do not know what others have said until later when I read it, and I usually won't think to take it out of my post.
You do know that ME isn't posting because he was killed during the night?
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by Mariyta »

rewq455 wrote:
Mariyta wrote: Notes on rewq: Didn't see the benefit of miller claiming so early in the game; ISO#8 agrees that zwet is "pretty scummy" and apologizes for his lack of scumhunting; Accused gandalf of "slips" that he then defined as scummy actions (not all scummy actions are slips);
Says we should try to kill PR scum over goons (but only scum know who's a PR and who's a goon...)
; Pushed for gandalf claim when gandalf wasn't the main wagon;
Acts like he
had
to hammer Weird or we'd have a no-lynch, which totally isn't true, especially since ME already said they'd hammer in an hour
;
Lots of posts that only reiterate what others have already said or say nothing at all. See example below.
The whole reason that scum would claim Arwen as a miller is to obtain the status of being viewed as a miller.
First off, there are several posts where I apologize for my lack of vocabulary. Me calling Gandalfs scummy actions "slips" though, does not qualify as a scum tell. Look at the vote count before I asked Gandalf to claim. Gandalf had one less vote than WeirdRa and I then voted Gandalf, and over looked the new votes on WierdRa. At a point where 2 players are tied for the lead in votes, if one is going to claim, it is acceptable to ask the other to claim.
I honestly do not trust MEs claim to vote in an hr. For example, the day has begun and ME hasn't even posted yet
Please see quote below.
. We have many lurkers and I didn't want to rely on one of them to hammer. I realize that my posting habits are not the best, as I tend to start from my last post and respond to things as I go, unless something jumps out at me when I skim over the newer stuff, such as WierdRa being asked to claim. But with that posting style, I do not know what others have said until later when I read it, and I usually won't think to take it out of my post.
I don't view everything I noted as innately scummy. They are literally the notes I took as I was reading. I've bolded the main points. Those, in addition to the other minor stuff, make you the scummiest person at this point (though I re-read zwet and he's coming close). I feel the lynch needs to be you, me, or Kats today. I'm clearly not going to vote myself, and Kats doesn't seem as scummy as you.
The Mod wrote:MemoriaEsponia, Theodred, Vanilla Townie, was Filled with Arrows N1!
P-edit: What jenni said.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by rewq455 »

Mariyta wrote:
rewq455 wrote:Thank you jenni for the flavor on the Morgul Blade, I, and apparently the rest of the town, would not have thought of that. I agree that LynchMePls was probably night killed by the witch king, who is most likely a Mordor alligned scum with a separate night kill, due to the flavor. I doubt that if the scum used a standard night kill, the mod would have used the witch-kings specific kill method.

This leads to my new theory on the deaths. I think that LynchMePls was killed by the Witch-King specifically;

What makes you think the scum gets a separate night kill?
MemoriaEsponia was killed by one of the scum night kills, as he was filled with arrows, implying multiple killers;
This is a standard orc-killing method.
gandalf5166 was killed by the other scum factions vig, which I am thinking is Isanguard (forgive my spelling), in which case it was most likely Lurtz as I got the impression that he was an archer;
You keep using "vig" in relation to scum, which is wrong. A vig, by definition, is town. And I think most of us have come to a consensus that it was a vig and who that vig probably is (character-wise).
Sam was the other scum night kill, as there was room in the flavor to be interpreted that there were multiple killers. The reason that I think that there was a second vig in the other scum team is that it would keep balance between the two scum teams if they were identical. What do you guys think?
Scum don't usually have their night kill, plus an extra kill.

As far as the kills, Haylen was most likely SK. I can see no reason why Gollum would be town. Gandalf was vigged (shot by town). ME was a scum kill, for sure (probably orcs). Sam... Sam was probably the second scum kill. Katy (I think) mentioned a CPR doc, but I could only find that role in Medical Mafia. The flavor (bled to death) doesn't strike me as a failed docing, either. The more I think about it, the more likely it seems that LMP used his doc ability (yes, I said I was questioning it in my last post, but I wrote that hours ago and I've been thinking about it a lot since then).

Dekes made a great point about Kats' vote patterns. I tend to overlook those (yes, I know, I suck at mafia).
I said why I think the scum gets 2 separate kills. I believe that corrupted meant that LynchMePls was killed by the Morgul Blade of the Witch-King, someone who is Mordor aligned in the books. I doubt that the scums night kill flavor would be specifically about the Witch-Kings killing.

And you answered your own question in your next post. Filling someone with arrows would make sense for Orcs, who, like the Witch-King, are Mordor aligned.

Once more, sorry for my vocabulary, but does it really matter if I refer to a scum with his own kill as a Vig? Also, I added in the extra kill to the non-Mordor scum team because I was trying to think as a mod trying to keep balance between the scum teams. One way to do this is make them identical. Perhaps there are 2 smaller than usual scum teams, each with their own Vigs? Sorry for using the term again, but I am at loss for a better word.

rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by rewq455 »

jenniwren wrote:
rewq455 wrote:
I honestly do not trust MEs claim to vote in an hr. For example, the day has begun and ME hasn't even posted yet.
We have many lurkers and I didn't want to rely on one of them to hammer. I realize that my posting habits are not the best, as I tend to start from my last post and respond to things as I go, unless something jumps out at me when I skim over the newer stuff, such as WierdRa being asked to claim. But with that posting style, I do not know what others have said until later when I read it, and I usually won't think to take it out of my post.
You do know that ME isn't posting because he was killed during the night?
I'm sorry, I have had a long day. Please disregard. Thanks for pointing that out.
Mariyta wrote: I don't view everything I noted as innately scummy. They are literally the notes I took as I was reading. I've bolded the main points. Those, in addition to the other minor stuff, make you the scummiest person at this point (though I re-read zwet and he's coming close). I feel the lynch needs to be you, me, or Kats today. I'm clearly not going to vote myself, and Kats doesn't seem as scummy as you.
I understand that, but if I am being viewed by you as the scummiest player, I would be a horrible mafia player if I were not to try and prove you wrong.

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by Mariyta »

rewq455 wrote:And you answered your own question in your next post. Filling someone with arrows would make sense for Orcs, who, like the Witch-King, are Mordor aligned.
The orcs I'm thinking of are Isengard-aligned. I'll start using Uruk-hai instead of orcs. As was pointed out by gandalf, I believe, Mordor and Isengard are working together, but not necessary allied in the sense that a win for one is a win for the other. Should the fellowship have failed, there is no doubt that they would have turned against each other immediately.
Once more, sorry for my vocabulary, but does it really matter if I refer to a scum with his own kill as a Vig? Also, I added in the extra kill to the non-Mordor scum team because I was trying to think as a mod trying to keep balance between the scum teams. One way to do this is make them identical. Perhaps there are 2 smaller than usual scum teams, each with their own Vigs? Sorry for using the term again, but I am at loss for a better word.
Here is the definition of vig. https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Vigilante.

P-edit: Prove away.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Katsuki wrote:
Bilbo Baggins wrote:
Day 1 Vote Count 12

WeirdRa
[/b]- 13 - Mariyta, Edge, Glork, SpyreX, Cogito Ergo Sum, inHimshallibe, VasudeVa, Wraith,
LynchMePls
gandalf5166
, Dekes,
Drippereth
, rewq455
I would still love to hear comments on this. I am surprised that no one has looked at this wagon, since it is obvious that there is scum to be found. With 3 town flips already, I definately think this is the wagon to look at, especially with multiple scum teams.

rewq and VV are still my top targets for scum on this wagon as stated earlier. Comments would be nice however. (I'M LOOKING AT YOU GLORK, EDGE, SPYREX, KATY, CES, SLY AND JENNI).
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by rewq455 »

Mariyta wrote:
rewq455 wrote:And you answered your own question in your next post. Filling someone with arrows would make sense for Orcs, who, like the Witch-King, are Mordor aligned.
The orcs I'm thinking of are Isengard-aligned. I'll start using Uruk-hai instead of orcs. As was pointed out by gandalf, I believe, Mordor and Isengard are working together, but not necessary allied in the sense that a win for one is a win for the other. Should the fellowship have failed, there is no doubt that they would have turned against each other immediately.
I understand how the scum teams usually work, but 3 of the 4 death flavors appear scummy. Corruption, bled to death, and shot by many arrows, all appear to reference scum, and the fourth can fit with scum, even if it does not seem probable. Now that I am thinking about it though, bled to death could appear to be from an SK, but in that case there are most likely 2 SKs, but I can only think of one to fit flavorwise, and that is Gollum. I realize that this is EXTREMELY unlikely, but perhaps there is a Smeagol and a Gollum, and each is trying to kill the other as the win condition. One kills at night and the other during the day. Not, that it is likely, but it would be a cool set-up.
Rewq455 wrote:Once more, sorry for my vocabulary, but does it really matter if I refer to a scum with his own kill as a Vig? Also, I added in the extra kill to the non-Mordor scum team because I was trying to think as a mod trying to keep balance between the scum teams. One way to do this is make them identical. Perhaps there are 2 smaller than usual scum teams, each with their own Vigs? Sorry for using the term again, but I am at loss for a better word.
Here is the definition of vig. https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Vigilante.

P-edit: Prove away.[/quote]

Yeah I see the definition, but I can't find anything else to call a scum with his own kill, so I will call this person a scum Vig from now on. Just because something hasn't been coined yet, doesn't mean it isn't possible.

rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by rewq455 »

Katsuki wrote:
Katsuki wrote:
Bilbo Baggins wrote:
Day 1 Vote Count 12

WeirdRa
[/b]- 13 - Mariyta, Edge, Glork, SpyreX, Cogito Ergo Sum, inHimshallibe, VasudeVa, Wraith,
LynchMePls
gandalf5166
, Dekes,
Drippereth
, rewq455
I would still love to hear comments on this. I am surprised that no one has looked at this wagon, since it is obvious that there is scum to be found. With 3 town flips already, I definately think this is the wagon to look at, especially with multiple scum teams.

rewq and VV are still my top targets for scum on this wagon as stated earlier. Comments would be nice however. (I'M LOOKING AT YOU GLORK, EDGE, SPYREX, KATY, CES, SLY AND JENNI).
Need to go AFK for a while. Next post will respond to this.

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Katsuki wrote:I would still love to hear comments on this. I am surprised that no one has looked at this wagon, since it is obvious that there is scum to be found. With 3 town flips already, I definately think this is the wagon to look at, especially with multiple scum teams.

I would love to hear your thoughts on me. You've ignored me all day, and it's obvious that I'm a main lynch candidate today.
-Susan Ertz

Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by Katsuki »

You're definately less scummy than players like rewq, VV and wraith. I had a scum read on you for the first half of D1, but elli thought you were town so you went to the back of my head as null. I have not had time to dig through anyone's iso in depth thus far D2.

Long story short, I have simply not had the time to look at your play during the later half of D1. That will come this weekend hopefully (I am bogged down this week with conducting interviews and tests).
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by Glork »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Katsuki
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by Edge »

Glork wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Katsuki
PERFECT EXAMPLE OF PRO-TOWN SUCCINCTNESS.

LET'S GET A'LYNCHIN!!!111
True strength is found at the edge of sanity.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by SpyreX »

FINE

FINE

I AM SHAMELESSLY SHEEPING WITH YOU TWO

Unvote, Vote: Kat
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Isn't this interesting?

A votecount would be nice.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Also, just got my comp back. However, they fucked up quite a few things, so it hurts my eyes to read MS (or any site for that matter). Probably V/LA for a day or 2.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:27 pm

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

Chapter break time now!

It wasn't long before the debate heated up. With four dead townies freshly drained of life, the council was serious and cold with calculation. No one knew what moves the others could make, and it was a big game of strategy, wondering who was holding a blade under their cloak. Trying to find someone you could trust.

As the debate lulled for a brief respite, someone noticed a dagger lying at the foot of Katsuki. "Over here!" The council members rushed over to Katsuki, ready to pounce.

But, again, the imprints of fingers could be seen on Katsuki's neck where both breath and life had been choked out. At first you were afraid that another man of royal blood had been slain.

But upon closer inspection of his body you see that he was just a worm, vile and despicable. Vile enough to murder his own kin.

Katsuki, Wormtongue, Isengard Mafia Roleblocker, Strangled D2!

You decide to drag his body outside the grounds of Imladris, where the worms and carrion beasts will eat away at his flesh. It wouldn't be fitting to do otherwise, and taking the time to bury the body would just be another few crucial minutes lost trying to find your dead enemy's allies.

With 18 at table it takes 10 to lynch (and 9 to no-Lynch).

We are now . . . back in session (votecount coming, uh, very soon)!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by SpyreX »

MMMM

Unvote, Vote: A2RudeBoy
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:42 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Someone find for me who it was that said Isengard specifically (yea I know it made senseish BUT I just need it for the secret note)
Show

Proud member of BaM
Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

Day 2 Vote Count 2

rewq455
- 3 - Katy, SlySly, Mariyta

Mariyta
- 2 - Nero Cain, jenniwren
a2rudeboy
- 1 - SpyreX

Not Voting
- 12 - rewq455, Cogito Ergo Sum, bv310, zwetschenwasser, a2rudeboy, Dekes, Locke Lamora, Wraith, VasudeVa, inHimshallibe, Edge, Glork

Nineteen stand gathered, Ten votes will lynch (and nine will no-Lynch).
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:38 am

Post by rewq455 »

@ Mod
When is deadline?

rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:40 am

Post by rewq455 »

Katsuki wrote:
Katsuki wrote:
Bilbo Baggins wrote:
Day 1 Vote Count 12

WeirdRa
LynchMePls
gandalf5166
, Dekes,
Drippereth
, rewq455

Kat was isanguard alligned, so chances are that the scum on this wagon are mordor, or there are few isanguard. Will look for spec. people later. need to go to school.

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:22 am

Post by VasudeVa »

I love being right. 8D. (I was expecting her to be Mordor though, actually due to the seeming relationship to WeirdRa D1.)

Vote: SlySly
, until I find me next suspect. Dem votals I quoted earlier is pretty bad.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”