The Lord of the Rings Mafia - GAME OVER (KABOOM)

Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Already stated much earlier in game.

First time with list.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by Glork »

DRIPPERETH: WHY ARE YOU SCUM?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by Drippereth »

I'M NOT GLORK.
PROMISE.

STILL CATCHING UP AND NEEDING TO TALK TO DGB AND STUFF
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by Wraith »

Drippereth wrote:
Wraith wrote:
Katsuki wrote:
Wraith wrote:Okay, I'm STILL waiting for an answer from Kat as to why VV is on his scumlist. Six times, the question has been asked and avoided.
I answered a long time ago. Learn to read.

Comments on other stuff later.
You mean "scum meta" and "gut" from the first few pages of this topic? Not good enough.
I'm not sure I have this in context..but...
What's wrong with having a scumread like that. >.>
Because VV's play during
this
game has been rather pro-town. To me it feels like he's planting the seeds for a retroactive case later on.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Drippereth wrote:I'M NOT GLORK.
Obviously. No one is suggesting you're Glrok.

P.S. 30 page Day 1's are anti-town.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote: P.S. 30 page Day 1's are anti-town.
I agree. Let's get on w/ the Weird-lynching.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

I don't buy weird
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by Katsuki »

We went 70-something pages in alphabet mafia. Just saying.
Wraith wrote:
Drippereth wrote:
Wraith wrote:
Katsuki wrote:
Wraith wrote:Okay, I'm STILL waiting for an answer from Kat as to why VV is on his scumlist. Six times, the question has been asked and avoided.
I answered a long time ago. Learn to read.

Comments on other stuff later.
You mean "scum meta" and "gut" from the first few pages of this topic? Not good enough.
I'm not sure I have this in context..but...
What's wrong with having a scumread like that. >.>
Because VV's play during
this game has been rather pro-town.
To me it feels like he's planting the seeds for a retroactive case later on.
Obviously I disagree now don't I?

VV scum appears pro-town too. Flips will give better indication of VV personally.

P-EDIT: Mariyta, if I recall, wern't you calling for my lynch like, last page?

Also, what are YOUR thoughts on gandalf?
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Katsuki wrote: P-EDIT: Mariyta, if I recall, wern't you calling for my lynch like, last page?

Also, what are YOUR thoughts on gandalf?
No. I just expressed suspicion. My vote is on Weird and that's where it will be for the rest of today, unless something super crazy happens.

Were you asking me about gandalf? If so, I've already given my viewpoint on that.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by SlySly »

MemoriaEsponia wrote:

The difference between Spyrex and Edge’s decent into stupid Batman antics and your UFC comments is this – they while spamming the thread with off-topic elements are also providing opinions.
You are blowing smoke.

Prior to the outbreak of THE BATMAN discussion, I, directly or rhetorically, provided an opinion for, but not limited to, each of the following:
1. Millers claiming with the first post of the game.
2. Zwet's presence in a game regardless of alignment.
3. The possibility of Zwet being a death miller.
4. Dripperth claiming scum with her first post of the game.
5. The level of pro-town in DGB's wackiness.
6. Edge/Fate's happiness over Haylen's death.

Your answering of my question with an attempted smokescreen, makes me think that you jumping on my UFC statement, while excusing concurrent THE BATMAN discussion, solidifies my suspicion that you were chainsawing for Edge, SpyreX or both.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by Katsuki »

@Mariyta: You're right. I missed your stuff on gandalf.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by jenniwren »

First: Nero (and whoever else is curious)…I have a dissertation (in English Literature) due by January. There are days I have time to play a lot of mafia, and others where I don’t. This is my first large game and it's moving a lot faster than I am used to, so while I try to keep up with reading the games, I can’t always get a good post in to all of them at the same time because solving the mysteries requires critical thinking skills, and switching gears between what I'm working on IRL and each different game sometimes takes effort. Also, sometimes I just have to get away from the computer and stop working on anything for awhile because I can't think about anything anymore. Kats is also right that at the beginning of the semester I had some access issues, and now it’s more of a time commitment. Now back to the game.

Response to Nero (Post 613)

Nero Cain wrote:1.) Oh wow, using my same words against me. If anyone's been over-defensive, hun, its you.
It's more that my curiosity was piqued after your initial question to Kats than anything.
Nero Cain wrote:You said her list arbitrary so do you think that is anti-town play? What are your feelings on Kat?
It's hard for me to read Kats, period. On N2 in Castlevania, I hid behind her (I was a Hider), and as it so happened, she was Dracula. I don't think lists are necessarily anti-town, but I personally prefer not to make town lists (because if a lot of people label the same person as town, it makes them vulnerable for NKs), or to make long scum lists (because I want to focus on someone until my questions are answered).
Nero Cain wrote:You also make a good point about Inhim what do you think of him and his list?
I would like to see more from him than lists and accusations. I also think his lists are arbitrary until or unless he explains them. (The same goes with any list.) He hasn’t really posted much.
Nero Cain wrote:2.) How was that an attack on you? I'm asking her to clarify a "read". I'll talk about this more in a lil'. For the record, I never thought you or Locke were scummy. I don't agree with it. I'm disappointed that Glork and Gandalf got a pass for voting Zwet yet me and Rewq are scum for it. 'Cause I wasn't attacking you it deffo looks like a potential chainsaw.
It piqued my curiosity that you specifically asked about the people voting for you, which from my perspective looked like a rather sneaky and indirect OMGUS, and I wanted to probe it a bit more. You also used the word “attack” in your description, saying that I was attacking you to defend LL.

I think I see where you’re coming from now.

Rewq
Rewq455 wrote: Sorry, posting about something a week ago doesn't leave you with many new things to add. I make my posts as I read then press submit. If you want, look @ my other games. I have not been scum in any of them and do that in all of them.
Got it.

MemoriaE
Memoria Espania wrote: @Everyone – Does anyone else get the feeling that the Nero versus Jenni sandbox fight looks like it could be safe, early game distancing from partners?
No. It was Jenni noting something fishy and pursuing it before it disappeared under the radar while everyone is focusing on Wraith, Kats, Gandalf, MemoriaE, etc.

More coming; I am working on this game tonight.
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Help me with something Spyre. Best guess for scum-teams in a game this size with 2 Mafia is about 3 to 4 member each.

Are you saying that all but 1 if not all of a scum-team is likely found completely on an 8 person bandwagon?

Are you saying it is a mixture of opposing team and bussing?

I need clarity here Spyrex. Be all Clariton-D for my here.
If two scum teams than 3-4 (maaybe 5 depending) makes sense per team.

So, you're looking at if he's scum (we'll call him scum A): two members of A on that and two of B, depending. Maaybe 1-2. Probably NOT 0-3.

---

That aside OHH DRIP thar be questions still waiting for your tender embrace
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
WeirdRa
WeirdRa
Townie
WeirdRa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by WeirdRa »

LynchMePls wrote:
Mariyta wrote:The interaction between LMP and Weird smells strongly of bussing to me. I don't like either of them. LMP seems to jump from target to target willy nilly and I've already posted my reasons for Weird. Weird has put LMP on their list repeatedly (yet still votes gandalf) and LMP is now OMGUSing Weird, yet neither seems really adamant that the other is scum.
Calling my vote OMGUS is bullshit. He put me on his scum list 3 times in a single post (saying "did I mention LMP is scum") and then voted a wagon instead. Then later he called me definitely scum, and then voted a different wagon. Both of his votes stank to high heaven, and I called him on the discrepency of calling me obv scum but voting someone else.

You people are making me fucking crazy.
Want to respond to my post?

I ain't a plurality right now, not sure what's up there, but basically because of that, you'll get full-on sporadic posting. Enjoy.

I'll say it again.

Gandalf needs rope.

LMP is scum, but so is Gandalf. Gandalf makes a slip. LMP just plays obvscum. You lynch slips first.

Still lovin' the wagon yo. Bring it fools. Keep blindly following Glork and Spy with no coherent semblance of a case goin' on. That's the way to be.
WeirdRa
WeirdRa
Townie
WeirdRa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by WeirdRa »

^
|
~A
Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

Day 1 Vote Count 08

gandalf5166
- 6 - Cogito Ergo Sum, Katsuki, WeirdRa, Drippereth, SlySly, Katy

Mariyta
- 2 - bv310, inHimshallibe
Wraith
- 2 - molestargazer, gandalf5166

Nero Cain
- 2 - jenniwren, Locke Lamora
Katsuki
- 5 - VasudeVa, Nero Cain, MemoriaEsponia, Wraith, LynchMePls
WeirdRa
- 4 - Mariyta, Edge, Glork, SpyreX
rewq4
- 1 - zwetschenwasser

Not Voting
- 2 - a2rudeboy, rewq455

Twenty four stand gathered, Thirteen votes will lynch.
Last edited by Bilbo Baggins on Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:51 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Keep blindly following Glork and Spy with no coherent semblance of a case goin' on. That's the way to be.
QFT
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by Katy »

Hey guys, this week is incredibly busy - I am in the last week of a work project I took on (on top of my normal week) and I have to get it all done by Friday. Therefore I will be V/LA until then (10/8). I will be reading and keeping up with the thread and posting whenever I can.

I've read up to now and don't feel the need to change my vote right now. I do still need to look closely at WeirdRa and figure out what's so scummy about them, because it still hasn't struck me yet.
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:02 am

Post by Mariyta »

WeirdRa wrote: Still lovin' the wagon yo. Bring it fools. Keep blindly following Glork and Spy with no coherent semblance of a case goin' on. That's the way to be.
FWIW, my vote has nothing to do with Glork or Spy. I've listed my reasons for voting and they haven't changed.
-Susan Ertz

LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:50 am

Post by LimMePls »

I honestly don't know what you want me to respond to. Is it this:
WeirdRa wrote:
gandalf5166 wrote:I self-meta'd because somebody asked for it. The purpose of the claim D1 is to skip the RVS bullshit. I've had games where RVS went on for almost ten pages, and that's just not funny. Also, I strongly discourage any metaing of me. I'm in 10-12 games at any given point, so my playstyle evolves quickly. The way I played at the beginning of Alphabet or throughout CEBM is nothing like the way I play now. Like the claims. I could point you to several games where I did it, but they're all ongoing and my wiki isn't up to date. At the time of CEBM, I was fairly new to the site, so I took the game "seriously" as soon as RVS was over. What I found was that I was flying under the radar and not garnering any reactions. In other words, I was dead weight to the town. So I decided I would be a little more reckless, that way I can get reactions and do some of my own scumhunting. As far as what reactions I'm looking for, I don't look for specific things. I don't break down posts. I look at the post as a whole, the intent behind the post, and decide if it makes more sense strategically for town or scum to say.
Who asked you to self-meta?
Did they ask unprovoked or did you mention "I do X as Y alignment" prior to it?
Did they ask for links, or for you to meta yourself?

I find self-meta-ing to be a WIFOM distraction at best, scum-driven at worst.

@LMP
Want to do something besides mask your OMGUS? Like a case, perhaps?

The contradictions are lovely though:

This post and the implications of it contradict this post & this post
? Cause that are ridiculous rhetorical questions that you can't possibly expect me to take seriously. I'm not masking OMGUS, and I have made cases.

In other news, Mari and Kat continue to make their buddy status more clear. Read the last 3-5 pages and pay particular attention to the interactions between Mari and Kat. Its scary.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:24 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Greetings 3/4ths of the WeirdRa wagon! (Edge, Glork, Spy)

Can I persuade you to switch to Katsuki? Is there a reason why you prefer WeirdRa over Katsuki? Have you read my case on her? How badly do you want WeirdRa lynched?

It is painfully obvious that they are scumbuddies, though(check out dem votals. I like how they join scummy Town wagons and ignore each other's existence. It's awesome.).

That said though, I'm willing switch to WeirdRa too but Katsuki is the leading wagon on scum soo, I don't get why you guys are being picky.

---
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:37 am

Post by Glork »

No deal.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:53 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Mariyta wrote:
WeirdRa wrote: Still lovin' the wagon yo. Bring it fools. Keep blindly following Glork and Spy with no coherent semblance of a case goin' on. That's the way to be.
FWIW, my vote has nothing to do with Glork or Spy. I've listed my reasons for voting and they haven't changed.
Really? Two very vocal, very leader-oriented players this game are crying for a wagon on someone and you want to make it very clear you're using your own reasons?

Why does a townie need to point this out?
---
Alright, so while musing about this game (thanks for the support, Glork) and after reading some of the hate coming my way, it's quite apparent that even if I think my posts make a presence in a game, many others don't think the same. I'll look to resolve this.

I'm caught up, and my next post will indicate what I feel are major points to consider re: this game.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:06 am

Post by Mariyta »

inHimshallibe wrote:
Mariyta wrote:
Really? Two very vocal, very leader-oriented players this game are crying for a wagon on someone and you want to make it very clear you're using your own reasons?

Why does a townie need to point this out?
Weird is complaining that the only reason people are voting for him is because of Glork and Spy, which isn't true. I had read their posts and come up with my own conclusion (and voted them) before those two started pushing really hard. I wanted to point out that it wasn't just a "They said so, so we are." There are valid reasons for this lynch, and it should happen. Gandalf is not a good lynch. Katsuki... meh. I'm seeing the same type of play in another game, so I'm starting to get a feel for her playstyle. I don't think she's a good lynch for today either.
-Susan Ertz

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:10 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

WeirdRa wrote:Keep blindly following Glork and Spy with no coherent semblance of a case goin' on. That's the way to be.
Good point.
Unvote, vote: WeirdRa
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”