The Lord of the Rings Mafia - GAME OVER (KABOOM)

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Wraith »

rewq455 wrote:
@ Wraith

What was the advantage to you heavily bread crumbing like that as opposed to flat out claiming?
I wasn't at L-1, so I didn't fullclaim. I'd rather not.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
MemoriaEsponia
MemoriaEsponia
Townie
MemoriaEsponia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by MemoriaEsponia »

Nero Cain wrote:Hypothetically, Kat flips scum and I guarantee you folks will say Oh lets look at her list. Did she put the scum members under the town tag? Are the scum members even listed? Its all a bunch of WIFOM.
Katsuki flipping scum would not be entirely WIFOM. We would be able to analyze Katsuki-scum town/scum list/etc. list and then look at the interaction Katsuki had with those players. That can be a great way to find scums, because it leads to connection between Katsuki-scum and other scums in the game.
Nero Cain wrote:I've heard this before and for the most part I agree, its not really chainsaw until Kat flips scum and even then it might not be.
This quote is contradictory. You are saying that you mostly agree with what Glork said (That the chainsaw defense was a very inaccurate tell) and that even if Katsuki flipped scum, it may not be a chainsaw defense. Yet back in #598, you said that jenniwren's ISO #5 was the "definition of chainsaw defense". Any reason for the contradiction?
Remember the past, remember the 80s and 90s.

MagnaofIllusion and Super Smash Bros. Fan hydra.
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by rewq455 »

Wraith wrote:
rewq455 wrote:
@ Wraith

What was the advantage to you heavily bread crumbing like that as opposed to flat out claiming?
Not even full claiming. What was the point in you bread crumbing us to your role, which the town may not have noticed, instead of just name-claiming.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
Scum who smiles when scum is lynched just led the wagon.

My stats and game links are in my wiki.
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by rewq455 »

rewq455 wrote:
Wraith wrote:
rewq455 wrote:
@ Wraith

Not even full claiming. What was the point in you bread crumbing us to your role, which the town may not have noticed, instead of just name-claiming.
Either way town knows your role name.

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:01 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Hey there.

Soo, I've been sick for a while and I'm still feeling down due to medication. Gimme a list of things to reply on to help me ease back into the game.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:00 pm

Post by Katsuki »

TOWN:

Katsuki
Glork
Dripperith
Slysly
Katy
Jenni
LockeL
Edge
CES

SCUM

GANDALF
LMP
Nero
rewq
weirdra

@Glork: You said you are trusting fate about gandalf meta. You did see the post I provided in response to fate's, yes? What are your thoughts on that? (Aside from the "bodies will tell").
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
WeirdRa
WeirdRa
Townie
WeirdRa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:23 am

Post by WeirdRa »

gandalf5166 wrote:I self-meta'd because somebody asked for it. The purpose of the claim D1 is to skip the RVS bullshit. I've had games where RVS went on for almost ten pages, and that's just not funny. Also, I strongly discourage any metaing of me. I'm in 10-12 games at any given point, so my playstyle evolves quickly. The way I played at the beginning of Alphabet or throughout CEBM is nothing like the way I play now. Like the claims. I could point you to several games where I did it, but they're all ongoing and my wiki isn't up to date. At the time of CEBM, I was fairly new to the site, so I took the game "seriously" as soon as RVS was over. What I found was that I was flying under the radar and not garnering any reactions. In other words, I was dead weight to the town. So I decided I would be a little more reckless, that way I can get reactions and do some of my own scumhunting. As far as what reactions I'm looking for, I don't look for specific things. I don't break down posts. I look at the post as a whole, the intent behind the post, and decide if it makes more sense strategically for town or scum to say.
Who asked you to self-meta?
Did they ask unprovoked or did you mention "I do X as Y alignment" prior to it?
Did they ask for links, or for you to meta yourself?

I find self-meta-ing to be a WIFOM distraction at best, scum-driven at worst.

@LMP
Want to do something besides mask your OMGUS? Like a case, perhaps?

The contradictions are lovely though:

This post and the implications of it contradict this post & this post
WeirdRa
WeirdRa
Townie
WeirdRa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:25 am

Post by WeirdRa »

^
|
~A
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:20 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Hey, so we're at page 25 and gandalf isn't dead yet. I'm disappointed in you guys.

P.S. I originally read rewq's location as "In the Frog of Lies". Rewq, you should change "Fog" to "Frog".
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:23 am

Post by Mariyta »

CES, we're lynching Weird today. We can lynch gandalf tomorrow if nothing better presents itself (though I have a few other folks in mind).
Wraith wrote:I'm really, really not liking Katsuki's play. This is the fourth or fifth time I've asked him to explain his suspicion of VV from earlier and he constantly avoided the question. He also switched his vote to gandalf at the drop of a hat, although for justifiable reasons, but he has totally dropped any suspicion of anyone else, most notably me. I find it strange that, after pushing so hard to get me lynched, he suddenly goes all out on gandalf. His recent post style strikes as him trying to blend in using Fate's playstyle.
The first time I read this, I didn't like it. But the more I read it, the more sense it makes. Katsuki does go full bore against one player at a time. I don't know if that's a playstyle thing or scum following the bandwagons. Still on the fence about Katsuki, but I like that Wraith has decided to participate.

The interaction between LMP and Weird smells strongly of bussing to me. I don't like either of them. LMP seems to jump from target to target willy nilly and I've already posted my reasons for Weird. Weird has put LMP on their list repeatedly (yet still votes gandalf) and LMP is now OMGUSing Weird, yet neither seems really adamant that the other is scum.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:31 am

Post by LimMePls »

Mariyta wrote:The interaction between LMP and Weird smells strongly of bussing to me. I don't like either of them. LMP seems to jump from target to target willy nilly and I've already posted my reasons for Weird. Weird has put LMP on their list repeatedly (yet still votes gandalf) and LMP is now OMGUSing Weird, yet neither seems really adamant that the other is scum.
Calling my vote OMGUS is bullshit. He put me on his scum list 3 times in a single post (saying "did I mention LMP is scum") and then voted a wagon instead. Then later he called me definitely scum, and then voted a different wagon. Both of his votes stank to high heaven, and I called him on the discrepency of calling me obv scum but voting someone else.

You people are making me fucking crazy.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:10 am

Post by Wraith »

rewq455 wrote:
rewq455 wrote:
Wraith wrote:
rewq455 wrote:
@ Wraith

Because, if I'd flat-out named-claimed, there would have been more likelihood of the town just saying "oh he's fakeclaiming scum." In my experience, scum don't usually plan more than ten minutes ahead. It's usually town who bother breadcrumbing (although I've experienced an exception recently...)
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:50 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Katsuki has failed to take an actual stance on me
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:07 am

Post by rewq455 »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Hey, so we're at page 25 and gandalf isn't dead yet. I'm disappointed in you guys.

P.S. I originally read rewq's location as "In the Frog of Lies". Rewq, you should change "Fog" to "Frog".
lol changed.
Wraith wrote:
rewq455 wrote:
rewq455 wrote:
Wraith wrote:
rewq455 wrote:
@ Wraith

Because, if I'd flat-out named-claimed, there would have been more likelihood of the town just saying "oh he's fakeclaiming scum." In my experience, scum don't usually plan more than ten minutes ahead. It's usually town who bother breadcrumbing (although I've experienced an exception recently...)
In my experience, scum think much farther ahead then town.

Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:26 am

Post by Katsuki »

Mariyta wrote:

The first time I read this, I didn't like it. But the more I read it, the more sense it makes. Katsuki does go full bore against one player at a time. I don't know if that's a playstyle thing or scum following the bandwagons. Still on the fence about Katsuki, but I like that Wraith has decided to participate.
That is a playstyle thing. Too many people I want dead, too little time.

I also don't build giant walls of analysis/cases, just to make that clear to you guys.
Mafia shouldn't be an essay writing contest imo.

@Zwet: You're a noisemaker, plain and simple. My stance on you is neutral. I've said plenty about you as is.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:07 am

Post by Wraith »

rewq455 wrote:
In my experience, scum think much farther ahead then town.
Occam's Razor beats out WIFOM any day of the week. That's all I have left to say on the matter.
Show

Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:12 am

Post by Katsuki »

So it seems that wraith may in fact be town.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:59 am

Post by SpyreX »

What's the VC look like?

Its time for killin. Dilly dallyin time is over.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:08 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

8 votes on gandalf, 4 on Katsuki and WeirdRa.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:10 am

Post by Mariyta »

SpyreX wrote:What's the VC look like?

Its time for killin. Dilly dallyin time is over.
I think it looks like this, but I may have missed something.

gandalf5166 - 8 - zwetschenwasser, Cogito Ergo Sum, Katsuki, SpyreX, WeirdRa, Drippereth, SlySly, Katy
Mariyta - 2 - bv310, inHimshallibe
Wraith - 2 - molestargazer, gandalf5166
Nero Cain - 2 - jenniwren, Locke Lamora
Katsuki - 4 - VasudeVa, Nero Cain, MemoriaEsponia, Wraith
WeirdRa - 4 - Mariyta, Edge, Glork, LynchMePls

Not Voting - 4 - a2rudeboy

Preview: Bah. CES beat me.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:51 am

Post by Drippereth »

zwetschenwasser wrote:
rewq455 wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:Because only scum want to waste today with lynching Zwet. Zwet is for a vig kill, or barring that we can lynch him later. What purpose does lynching Zwet serve today? Do you think he was scum gambiting with Arwen=miller claim? Why would scum pick Arwen to claim as miller, when anyone with half a brain is going to question that miller claim?

It doesn't make sense. So I think your sudden pushing of Zwet once discussion has started heading in a positive direction is scummy.
Lynching Zwet takes the most obvious scum member out of the game. Yes I think he is scum gambiting with the Arwen=miller claim. The whole reason that scum would claim Arwen as a miller is to obtain the status of being viewed as a miller. The flavor reason for his being miller makes no sense. It is obvious that he is trying to pull wool over our eyes. That crime alone is enough for a lynch as it is the MOST ANTI-TOWN THING A PLAYER CAN DO.
I think it's been posted many multiple times already that a miller post Day 1 from anybody is a nulltell at worst, and correct town play at best. Your case is gut, and as such is invalid.
The above post fascinates me greatly; zwet whining that another player's case is invalid because it's "gut" is causing my brain to destabilize since zwet himself is little more than a light spraying of invalid gut on a game.

Can we lynch him? I mean, really. I know he's a great vig target but lynching scum is good, too.

-DGB
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:54 am

Post by Drippereth »

Oh, and while I'm here, SpyreX is still scum, and SlySly is town.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Sly is town. You're still on the drugs though and I'm gettin a little wroth with it.

Unvote, Vote: Weird

I'd still lynch gan without remorse.

ACTUALLY, of those people with votes at the moment as per the below I'd be fine with all but Kat and Mari.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh and FTR:

gandalf5166 - 8 - zwetschenwasser, Cogito Ergo Sum, Katsuki, SpyreX, WeirdRa, Drippereth, SlySly, Katy

This list if Gandalf is scum?

COVERED IN IT.

Under the 2 scum groups being true theory there's probably 3-4 scum in that set.

This is ABSOLUTELY true if Weird is other team scum.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by Drippereth »

SpyreX wrote:Ohh and FTR:

This list if Gandalf is scum?

COVERED IN IT.

Under the 2 scum groups being true theory there's probably 3-4 scum in that set.

This is ABSOLUTELY true if Weird is other team scum.
YOU KNOW TOO MUCH

-DGB

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”