The Lord of the Rings Mafia - GAME OVER (KABOOM)

Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

Day 1 Vote Count 06

gandalf5166
- 6 - zwetschenwasser, Glork, Cogito Ergo Sum, Katsuki, SpyreX, LynchMePls

LynchMePls
- 1 - Drippereth
Glork
- 1 - Katy
Haylen
- 1 - Haylen
Mariyta
- 2 - bv310, inHimshallibe
Wraith
- 3 - WeirdRa, molestargazer, gandalf5166

Nero Cain
- 2 - jenniwren, Locke Lamora
Katsuki
- 3 - VasudeVa, Nero Cain, MemoriaEsponia
zwetschenwasser
- 1 - rewq455
WeirdRa
- 2 - Mariyta, Edge

Not Voting
- 3 - a2rudeboy, Wraith, SlySly

Twenty four stand gathered, Thirteen votes will lynch.
Last edited by Bilbo Baggins on Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:21 pm

Post by SlySly »

SpyreX wrote: Ahh Sly but you know who likes rooftops?

THE BATMAN
Are you implying that Edge is THE BATMAN? It seems to me the implication of Edge's statement was that you were on the rooftop with him? Does that make you Robin? Does my reference to Robin immediately classify me as an old Geezer?
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Knowing Robin makes someone old?

SHIT

And I'll be Robin to Edge's Batman anytime. Not sure which one though. Damian maybe.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by Edge »

Don't misunderstand me sir I wouldn't vote zwet with a 30foot secret-double-vote, I just wouldn't shoot him
first

Is Damian that one with the blue hawk thing on his chest?

He was 'ight
True strength is found at the edge of sanity.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:30 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I think thats the first one? Dick?

Damian is Batman's illegitimate son. I approve.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by SlySly »

SpyreX wrote: SHIT
Are you a watcher of the UFC? So far, a relatively short time since being the champ, Frank Mir has been just this. I hope Velasquez destroys Lesner. Carwin couldn't finish the deal.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by Glork »

Edge wrote:Glork if you're still on then hear me this:

If you get to meta defend one player (InHim) I get to meta defend gandalf. That "slip" was just gandalf's VERY recent experience with large game+dosscumosteamos, so take it in the frame of context.

He's careless, moronic town. As scum he is much more cautious and cunning.

The fact that shady names like Katsuki and LMP just hopped on him for it should ring more bells. I dunno what Spy was takin to the bank but I could care less if he shamelessly wagons
Uggghhh. Fine.

UNVOTE: .
VOTE: WeirdRa
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:45 pm

Post by SlySly »

SpyreX wrote:Knowing Robin makes someone old?
I wasn't sure if THE BATMAN flies solo these days.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:21 pm

Post by Katsuki »

NO

GANDALF IS SCUM.

WE ARE LYNCHING GANDALF. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE.

DRUNK SO NOT GONNA POST TONIGHT. DAMNED PARTY GOT BROKEN UP.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:40 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Edge wrote:Glork if you're still on then hear me this:

If you get to meta defend one player (InHim) I get to meta defend gandalf. That "slip" was just gandalf's VERY recent experience with large game+dosscumosteamos, so take it in the frame of context.

He's careless, moronic town. As scum he is much more cautious and cunning.
VERY RECENT EXPERIENCE?

IN THAT VERY FUCKING RECENT EXPERIENCE, GANDALF FLIPPED FUCKING SCUM. NOW THAT THE GAME IS DONE I CAN POST THIS.

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15054

NOTE THE PARALLELS IN TERMS OF PLAY.

I SHOULD PROBABLY STOP POTSING... BUT SERIOUSLY. GANDALF IS NOT GETTING OUT OF THIS LYNCH.

......................................................................................................
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:57 pm

Post by jenniwren »

Glork wrote:Quick, Jenni, if you're still here!

Who are your top three scum candidates at this moment in time? Why?
Nero and Rewq. I'll give you two of them.

Nero: Because the only people he questioned being on Kats' town list were people who had votes on him; his attempt to pass that off as questioning lurkers in his latest post is also BS because inHim had the fewest posts of anyone on the list; and finally, his overreaction to my question about his behavior indicates to me that he has something to hide
Rewq: Who has the uncanny and unremarkable ability to say everything that's already been said appears to be a disingenuous attempt to make everyone think he's legitimately scumhunting.
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:01 pm

Post by Katsuki »

JENNI

VOTE ON GANDALF NAO

KTHX.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:14 pm

Post by Katy »

SpyreX wrote: #438 is giving me a migraine. You quote Glork, say you agree, setup for agreeing about Zwet THEN don't vote him to throw away one on Glork? (Protip: even if I may want to strangle him a little bit he's still town). I reeaaally dont like this post.
Yeah ... because I do agree with the bit I quoted, and I also do feel there's something funny going on with Zwet. But I don't know what it is yet, and I'm 50/50 on whether it's actually scummy, not to mention that if he IS scum he's courting a vig shot if we have one, so I don't know why I need to be too concerned about him on day one.

But I have some questions I really wanted answered by Glork so that's where I chose to put my pressure and focus because I didn't want them to be ignored.
Glork wrote:Nope, just the fakeclaim thing. I've already explained that his refutal of the fakeclaim was completely unnecessary and over the top. For a response to a RVS fakeclaim, it does not fit the bill of a townsperson. As for the degree to which I've pushed ME:
1) I haven't seen him do anything worthwhile since attacking him, so I have no reason to change my early game opinion of him.
2) My behavior is extremely typical of my D1 play. Honestly, I'm too lazy to provide examples, because I'd have to sort through literally hundreds of games over the last five years. But you're more than welcome to ask inHim, CES, Mariyta, mole, or anyone else who is familiar with my gameplay. Standard Operating Procedure for me.
All right, well I assume that any of those people will say otherwise if that's not true, so I will take it on faith for now.
As for the raceclaim thing: In case you didn't notice, I redacted my request for a fakeclaim within like five posts of making it. I already made it abundantly clear that, once I realized scum had probable fakeclaims, that doing a raceclaim would have next to zero benefit. I'm not even sure how you can say "Glork suggested a raceclaim, but quickly decided it was a bad idea, so that makes him scummy." Because without the second clause, you're taking the raceclaim thing in extremely limited context. I will freely admit that the raceclaim suggestion was poorly thought out, but I don't see how you can call it scummy when I myself decided it was a bad idea before 90% of the game had read it. :rolleyes:
Yeah, I saw that you had redacted it fairly quickly, and it may be that I am a bit paranoid because I have experience with this theme, and one of the common factors in the previous LotR games I have played is that the One Ring was a factor in both of those game and keeping it (and Frodo) out of the hands of scum was a secondary goal for town. That mechanic wasn't specifically stated in either game either so I really wouldn't be surprised to find something like that here, especially with a daykiller that looks like Gollum in the game, so I'm a little sensitive to things that may constitute fishing in this particular game.

UNVOTE:
Glork

I actually am leaning town on you, but these things were really bugging me and I needed to clear them up or else it would nag at me.
gandalf wrote:*fingers involuntarily start typing out a vote for ME*
No, that scum can be lynched tomorrow. He'll probably get NK'd tonight any ways
Very curious about this. Are you saying he's be vigged? Why would someone who is scummy be NKed? Oh wait ...
Was saying he would get killed by the other scumteam. He's half MoI, remember?
The other scumteam? I guess that would be yours? What's your basis for knowing how many scum teams there are?

And ... yeah, I see others picked up on that too.
FTR, I never scumslip. It just doesn't happen. I look at my posts before I make them.
I do too, but I've still made a slip once. Sometimes something is such an established fact in your head that you forget that town doesn't know it, even if you're looking it over.

The "slip" on its own isn't totally convincing to me. I've been jumped on hard as town for a similar situation where it turned out I was just used to a different play setup. But actually, Katsuki's game is really convincing comparing it with this game. Someone give me a town Gandalf game, any game where he's town. I need to see how it compares before I vote.

I also think think that Rewq is looking iffy. Don't so much like the vote on Zwet. I get it Zwet's claim is out there, but the elephant in the room is not of huge concern on day one and a vote there looks like having a go at what Rewq thinks would be an easy target.

I haven't read anything from WeirdRa in a while but see a lot of people suspect of him so that's one I have to go back and reread.

Note: Sorry for my TL;DR walls ... I'm pretty busy with work right now as I took on a rather large contract job in addition to my regular job and so I'm limited as to when I can get on and post, but next week I should be completing that and hopefully I can be more active and post shorter chunks then.
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:00 pm

Post by molestargazer »

Katy wrote:The "slip" on its own isn't totally convincing to me. I've been jumped on hard as town for a similar situation where it turned out I was just used to a different play setup. But actually, Katsuki's game is really convincing comparing it with this game. Someone give me a town Gandalf game, any game where he's town. I need to see how it compares before I vote.
I think this would be one, I haven't checked his play in it myself yet. (Taken from his Wiki Page)

I'm not convinced that Gandalf's slip is a scumslip either. I can definitely see why he would assume 2 scumteams in a game this size, whether it's true or not. It was a stupid post(s), but I'm skeptical as to whether or not it makes him scum or just careless town.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
WeirdRa
WeirdRa
Townie
WeirdRa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:31 am

Post by WeirdRa »

VasudeVa wrote:
WeirdRa #333 wrote:Please tell me you're trolling us all. PLEASE.

Apologies for my absence, not used to this whole "hydra" concept yet. Lulz.

Anywho.

Let's see who are scums.

Mariyta
bv
Wraith
LMP
Kats
LMP
LMP (Did I tell you guys LMP is scum yet?)

Wraith, do you even know what strawmanning is?

Wraith gets rope, yes? Town-wraith shuts down but doesn't say "fuck it, I'm lurking." Scum-wraith did. I despise meta personally, and he's just playing bad, but for anyone who wants abbreviated Wraith meta, there it be.

Jenni makes me feel tingly, and not the good tingly and not becuz she r gurl.

Dear Wraith,

Your concept on scumhunting is off. Half of scumhunting is finding scums. The other half is convincing people you're right.

Cordially,
WeirdRa head without name representation
^^Scum. Too many excuses in too many areas. He probably, in scum fashion!, thought long and hard about this post and edited lots of stuff to be extra extra careful with this post.

Also possibly tying himself with Wraith.
[/quote]

Y u tryna get in mah head brah?

What's the case on us?

From what I glean.. an IIoA in my first post (This is AGar), and not posting? Anyone who's played a game with me in the past 3 months knows I work the graveyard shift. So I sleep during the day. My posting is often sporadic at best. Get off my nuts. The IIoA was simply because I didn't want to lay a vote without consulting my other head. Meh.

LMP is teh scumz becuz

- Trying to paint Kats up as scum because Kats put him or herself on a list as town.
- Pushing this awful case to ends of the earth.
- Switching based on the weakest tell possible (Congratulating scum)

Kats, u scum becuz of:

- this post
- The over-reaction to me calling both you and LMP scums. Connections aren't always apparent foo.

U mad bro?

SlySly blatant twisting and misrep in 496.

HOLY POST 510

Oh wait, you all saw it. And the thing before it. Le sigh.
gandalf5166 wrote:*sigh*
FTR, I never scumslip. It just doesn't happen. I look at my posts before I make them.
Only scum worry about scumslips enough to edit posts to avoid making scumslips.

Scum.

Meta is fucking garbage.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: gandalf
WeirdRa
WeirdRa
Townie
WeirdRa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:32 am

Post by WeirdRa »

Oh, that is AGar. FTR. Forgot the sig.
WeirdRa
WeirdRa
Townie
WeirdRa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:33 am

Post by WeirdRa »

MSG and Katy - likely buddies for Gandalf.
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:37 am

Post by Edge »

This is Reaper.

Just popping in to say that I'll probably have time to read the thread today (hehe ;X) and that Fate and I are about to crank this game up to eleven.

Also, LMP is scum.
True strength is found at the edge of sanity.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:47 am

Post by Drippereth »

zwetschenwasser wrote:Drippereth fails worse than anything I have ever seen.
I take this comment to mean that I'm correct about you, and that you're not thrilled about it.

In other news, I would have voted gandalf yesterday, but Elli is controlling the hydra's votes, causing a delay (from his most recent comments in our QT, I suspect that he hasn't even noticed Gandalfgate, so I pointed out).

-DGB
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:50 am

Post by Drippereth »

Edge wrote:
a2rudeboy wrote:Returning from v/la, currently re-reading this game (page 8) and another large one i am in to catch up.

I've noticed that showing up this far into a game, and then posting a case on someone, or general thoughts is marked with a response of "Lawl, why dont you do something productive before criticizing me, lurker?" Or i usually bring up something long past discussion.

To avoid this. Please ask any questions you would directly like me to comment on.
Yes, this post was massive IIoA. It stands out like a zwet 4 line paragraph.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:51 am

Post by Drippereth »

SpyreX wrote:Glork you are the yin to my yang. It's really funny to me watching the difference in reactions. ;)
Yeah, he's town, you're scum, we get it.

-DGB
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:53 am

Post by Drippereth »

SpyreX wrote:The "other group" will kill him at this point is one of those "I know something you dont" kinda things far as I'm concerned. MAYBE if "the other group" meant the SK in bizarro land I wouldn't have been so ready to eat his face.
Is that what your group is going to do? You claim scum
again
? You too are maintaining that there are 2 scum groups?

All the scum is saying it, so it must be true.

-DGB
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:58 am

Post by Drippereth »

Actually, 25 players, I'd assume 2 scum teams as well. But the thing is, a townie would hold judgment until the number of NKs would confirm this. It takes a scum to take it to the bank, because they would KNOW their team is too small to be the only scum team.

-DGB
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:03 am

Post by Wraith »

At the moment, I'm inclined to believe the enemies are:

Gollum SK
large Evil Scumteam (Sauron, Saruman, Witch-King, Grima Wormtongue, Lurtz?)

Forgot my first class of the day was cancled so I have about 40 minutes to do some reading.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:08 am

Post by Wraith »

Also, I like WierdRa's latest big post. Katy's is good too. I;m going to focus on re-reading rewq and zwet right now
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”