Newbie 1010 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:42 am

Post by Olinea »

Son of a...

Horrible quote job there. Fixed it.
Yoenit wrote:He is gonna selfhamer
12 hours before the deadline
, surely there is anybody online in that time who can hammer him for breaking that promise? I am at least, but I think Civil hammering VC is a better idea.
Actually, if my math is correct (I used an online time zone comparer thing, so I think it is), the deadline for me is 7:00 AM; if anyone wans to double-check, I'm in California. Latest I'll be awake is, like, 12:00 AM for me. So someone's dying at midnight. Sorry to sound ominous, but at this point it seems, like, 80% likely that I'll be the first lynch, either because someone changes their vote or because of self-vote.

If Civil hammers VC, I survive the nightkill and get lynched day 2. No scum with even a shred of good judgement would kill me tonight if VC gets lynched unless he flips scum.

I am not self-hammering right freakin' away because I still think VC is scum. It's best that someone else drop the hammer, of course, which is why I haven't done it right now.

@Civil, if VC does get lynched and flips scum, will you still push a lynch on me? You appear
quite
intent on it happening.

@Silver, if you think I won't uphold my promise, if we have a Day 1 No Lynch then I will be the first person on my own bandwagon Day 2.
silverbullet999 wrote:I laughed from catter and civi arguement heh.
Humor isn't tolerated here, remember? Humor = scumtell.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:55 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
Olinea (4): Civil Scum, silverbullet999, Vincius Chaim, Catterpillar
Vinicius Chaim (4): nevermind, Yoenit, Olinea, Razgriz
Razgriz (1): neil1113
silverbullet999 (0): No one
neil1113 (0): No one
Catterpillar (0): No one
Yoenit (0): No one
Civil Scum (0): No one
nevermind (0): No one

Not voting (0): No one

With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch.

Deadline Vote Count:
Olinea (4): Civil Scum, silverbullet999, Vincius Chaim, Catterpillar
Vinicius Chaim (4): nevermind, Yoenit, Olinea, Razgriz
silverbullet999 (0): No one
neil1113 (0): No one
Catterpillar (0): No one
Yoenit (0): No one
Razgriz (0): No one
Civil Scum (0): No one
nevermind (0): No one

Not voting (0): No one

With 1 not having posted within the last 48 hours, 0 currently being replaced, and 0 who have requested to not have their vote counted for deadline purposes; 8 votes would be counted if deadline was now, and therefore it would take 5 votes to lynch. Deadline: September 30th@10:00 AM EDT/GMT-4 (2:00 PM GMT). A countdown to deadline can be found here
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:14 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

@Silver, if you think I won't uphold my promise, if we have a Day 1 No Lynch then I will be the first person on my own bandwagon Day 2.
If no lynch occurs we lose a townie, then we kill you off... then we lose another townie. We lose 2 townies to see you flip.
If lynch occurs now, you flip and we lose one townie, then day 2 we work from there.

Thus there's a huge disadvantage in a no lynch occurring today and if you decide to be a kamikaze scum (which is the smart move for scum) promising a self hammer yet not delivering is the best move you can do as you take two townies with you instead of one.
... People were right it seems....
Vinicius Chaim
Vinicius Chaim
Townie
Vinicius Chaim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Vinicius Chaim »

you're gonna regret hammering me, cause I'm
Vanilla Doctor
Razgriz
Razgriz
Goon
Razgriz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:30 am

Post by Razgriz »

Vanilla Doctor? You mean Doctor right?
Show
We'll put a boot in your ass it's the American way!
Roll Tide Roll #1 Alabama 4-0 this season
Mafiascum Record:
Town 1-1
Mafia 0-0
3rd Party 0-0

All-Time Record
Town 5-3
Mafia 4-3
3rd Party 3-1
Jester(Still part of 3rd party): 1-0

Olinea: "But I'll only stop scumhunting when I'm dead."
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:32 am

Gad Damn It.
Vinicius Chaim
Vinicius Chaim
Townie
Vinicius Chaim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Vinicius Chaim »

yeh, Raz
Razgriz
Razgriz
Goon
Razgriz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:33 am

Post by Razgriz »

If he survives the night then....well I have a feeling he may be scum
Show
Mafiascum Record:
Town 1-1
Mafia 0-0
3rd Party 0-0

All-Time Record
Town 5-3
Mafia 4-3
3rd Party 3-1

Vinicius Chaim
Vinicius Chaim
Townie
Vinicius Chaim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:35 am

Post by Vinicius Chaim »

and saying that, you made them(or you) kill another townie, so you're gonna lynch me Day-2
not so clever, raz
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:37 am

Raz... will you please... hammer oli... and get this day over with it...

and stop with the wifom...
Razgriz
Razgriz
Goon
Razgriz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:39 am

Post by Razgriz »

No, I'm just saying there is a good chance. More than likely you are town though, and scum will try to WIFOM.

And, I'm not sure if this is the best choice, but I believe VC's claim.
I swear I got a bad feeling about this...
UNVOTE: VC
VOTE: Olinea for his intent to self-hammer...
Show
Mafiascum Record:
Town 1-1
Mafia 0-0
3rd Party 0-0

All-Time Record
Town 5-3
Mafia 4-3
3rd Party 3-1

Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:47 am

Post by Olinea »

Obligatory "bawwwww" post
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Yoenit
Yoenit
Townie
Yoenit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Yoenit »

Did not see that one coming.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:53 am

oli does the baww mean your scum? claim truthfully now! >:O
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:54 am

Post by Olinea »

I'll keep you guys in suspense. Wait for Bird to post the flip.
GreyICE:
Yoenit
Yoenit
Townie
Yoenit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Post by Yoenit »

Olinea wrote:I'll keep you guys in suspense. Wait for Bird to post the flip.
aka scum. Bah, shame on me :oops:
Vinicius Chaim
Vinicius Chaim
Townie
Vinicius Chaim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Vinicius Chaim »

if you turn town, I think I deserve the lynch D-2 for being blind, but let's see
Catterpillar
Catterpillar
Townie
Catterpillar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Catterpillar »

Well damn. Tomorrow should be interesting.

@Olinea B-but I want to know now the suspense is killing me.

I can never resist checking the game to procrastinate
"Who are
you
?"
Vinicius Chaim
Vinicius Chaim
Townie
Vinicius Chaim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:58 am

Post by Vinicius Chaim »

the suspense is killing me[2]
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:01 am

Post by bird1111 »

You string up Olinea and then check his house. You quickly notice that it is very plain, with no way for even two people to talk privately, no sign of investigative or protective tools, meaning he must have been a Vanilla Townie.

Olinea, Vanilla Townie, lynched Day 1.

Night 1 begins, choices due Saturday@6:02 PM EDT/GMT-4 (10:02 PM GMT)
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:37 am

Post by bird1111 »

You wake up, glad to have woken up at all. You go to the town square, to take another try at finding the mafia that have invaded your village. When you arrive, you do a headcount to see if everyone who left it yesterday returned. Unsurprisingly, there is someone missing, and it soon becomes clear that the missing person is Vincius Chaim. You check his house, and sure enough, he's dead. Looking around, you see a medical degree from a prestigious university, leading you to the conclusion that he was your Doctor.

Vincius Chaim, Doctor, killed Night 1.

Day 2 begins, with 7 alive it is 4 to lynch. Deadline: October 22nd@8:38 AM EDT/GMT-4 (12:38 PM GMT). Countdown to deadline can be found here.
Last edited by bird1111 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:16 am

that deadline ended early.

and my head has exploded from oli's flip.

Time to rethink things...
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:25 am

Post by neil1113 »

Oli,

Man you've been making some bad mistakes for your first game. The whole "I've planned on playing a little scummish today" is basically like saying "Yeah, if I do anything that's scum-like behavior, go ahead and ignore it. It's just my plan. But trust me, I'm town." You've made others that I don't need to point out, as you've noticed yourself. However, I think it's your newness to the game and your overzealous emotions coming into the game that put you there. I'd have a better bet of you being town then scum right now.

Civil,

You made a post that interested me a few pages back. I don't know where, because I've just gotten done reading up on like... 10 pages. Eh. Anyways you said something along the lines of "A No-Lynch could be the WORST thing we do." But I must ask... in the end, the Scum can only kill one of us. But if we mis-lynch, that's two of ourselves that wind up dead by Day 2. So how is a No-Lynch worse then a Mis-Lynch?

Raz,

You seem to be looking for everyone to claim. Stop. It's day 1, and it's not smart.

Silver,

I can't understand why everyone is looking at you as though you're scum. I don't see it. You're annoying and arrogant at some points, and you're jokes have been pushed past some points to where you're not helping the town at all, but instead opening to door for confusion. Which is the same argument I have against Oli's sense of humor. It brought confusion to the town, which wasn't a very smart town move.

Yoenit,

You're another guy I can't seem to figure out why people got scum reads from you. Honestly, I have NO read from you. I haven't read much up on you or Silver though to be honest, so this could just be from a lack of intepretation... if so, if somebody would be so kind as to correct me, this would be nice. :)

CP,

I'm confused with my reading towards you as well. Though you made a point I've made several times concerning Scum Partners, and that gave me points towards you. Unfortunately, those points are nuetral and can be swayed either way, so if you're scum, don't slip up.

Okay, this was my final little say as I read through the past few pages to page 28. Now on Page 29. My say is this:

Unless we have some freaking good luck, we've just lost this game. Now tell me, was the wagon worth it? >_> We've gone from 7-2 advantage to a 5-2 advantage. Now we've given the scum the position to the doctor, which of course meant this night phase our doctor was screwed. Also we've now lost two townies in the first phase, rather then anyone actually realizing that if we mislynch, we cost ourselves one extra townsman. Way to go. I find it awfully ironic that Raz made the hammer, especially over such weak reasoning. I can't believe nobody saw the reality that Raz is scum, and that he's done a darn good job playing each of you and playing to your emotions as he continues to guide around the town safely. My next vote will go to him. And then when he turns out scum, I'll be the first one to say I TOLD YOU SO. Next time, please... WAIT, before you decided to give the scum the ability to hammer one of our townies and get a free kill.

Oh, and whoever is the cop, if there is a cop in this game, please... do not tell your information unless you can do it sneakily. Well, unless you have a scum read. Then tell it immediately so we can get that person lynched. If we could get the odds to 4-1 in our favor, that'd be a HUGE advantage on our part. But remember, the doctor is dead, which leaves us no way to protect you if you come out of your way to tell us that someone is town.

Also, another update on my opinions of people. VC has obviously cleared his name, though he costs himself and us a lot by doing so. I still believe Raz is scum, more then ever now especially with his no hesitation vote even though he "had a bad feeling about it." It makes me wonder, why did he vote? Then I looked up a post earlier, and noticed Silver was eching him to make the hammer vote, even though there really wasn't much of a case against Oli except for what Civil pointed out. Which makes me wonder... why would a townie who has no case about someone, and even has a bad feeling about lynching them, lynch that person just because somebody else, who may or may not be town, said too? I was wrong about the team between Raz and Chaim, though I believe I had half of it right. It could very well be Raz and Silver, which reading back through their posts and the mentions they've put to one another I must say... it's very compelling to look at. But between Silver and Raz, my vote was before and will always until I'm convinced otherwise stay with Raz being scum.

With that said:

VOTE: Razgriz
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
Razgriz
Razgriz
Goon
Razgriz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:06 am

Post by Razgriz »

When did I ask for everyone to claim neil? I asked for a VC claim since he was L-1. Now you have held this shit grudge on me since day 1 vote, and I am not supirsed with the vote. However, I voted with all honesty. I had the total intent to hammer him after VC claimed, and Oli was gonna self-hammer. You my friend are stretching for facts. Also,
V/LA till Late Sunday early Monday
Show
Mafiascum Record:
Town 1-1
Mafia 0-0
3rd Party 0-0

All-Time Record
Town 5-3
Mafia 4-3
3rd Party 3-1

Yoenit
Yoenit
Townie
Yoenit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:36 am

Post by Yoenit »

neil1113 wrote: Civil,

You made a post that interested me a few pages back. I don't know where, because I've just gotten done reading up on like... 10 pages. Eh. Anyways you said something along the lines of "A No-Lynch could be the WORST thing we do." But I must ask... in the end, the Scum can only kill one of us. But if we mis-lynch, that's two of ourselves that wind up dead by Day 2. So how is a No-Lynch worse then a Mis-Lynch?
No lynch is worse than a mislynch, as you want to have an odd number of villagers. Compare situation A & B below:

Situation A: we do not lynch anybody on day 1 (0% chance of lynching scum), mafia kill a villager every night.

Day 1: no lynch. 0% chance of catching scum
Day 2: 8 people remain, 2 scum. If we are just guessing 25% chance of lynching scum. Lets say we screw up and lynch a villager
Day 3: 6 people remaining, 2 scum. 33% chance of lynching scum. It is lynch or lose now. Lets say we lynch a scum.
Day 4: 4 people remaining, 1 scum 25% chance of lynching scum, still lynch or lose.

Situation B: we mislynch a townie on day 1 (chance is 22% you catch a scum), mafia kill a villager every night.

Day 1: 9 people, 2 scum. 22% chance of lynching scum. Lets say we mislynch
Day 2: 7 people remain, 2 scum. If you are just guessing 28.6% chance of lynching scum. Lets say we have another mislynch
Day 3: 5 people remaining, 2 scum. 40% chance of lynching scum. It is lynch or lose now. Lets say we lynch a scum.
Day 4: 3 people remaining, 1 scum 33% chance of lynching scum, still lynch or lose.

If you do not lynch on day 1 you waste a 22% chance of catching scum and your chances of catching them on later days are lower as well. The best thing to do if you don't lynch on day 1 (and don't have a doctor) is actually not lynching again, so you end up with 7 people on day 3.

V/LA untill Tuesday
before I forget

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”