The Lord of the Rings Mafia - GAME OVER (KABOOM)

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:51 pm

Post by Glork »

Spyre and WeirdRa f'sho. Kat is pushing the envelope, too.

Seriously, read this post and tell me it's not coming from lazy scum:
WeirdRa wrote:
Vote: Wraith
Reasons:
First off, why is nitpicking posts early scummy? It's generating discussion, which is good. You still haven't given past experience of that, despite being asked multiple times.
Then, you whine about this always happening to you, which is basically AtE with a side of self-meta defense.

Not really liking mariyta's "good points about the kill".

~M=W
"I'm going to wagon the guy who's flailing about and say 'I agree' about another hot topic, and contribute nothing else of my own."

Spyre's isn't any better, tbh:
SpyreX wrote:
<------Is glad Haylen is dead and thinks town shot her
Fate get out of my brain.

Unvote, Vote: Wrath

Seriously. This is so ridiculous if you were pulling it with ANYONE but Fate I'd be calling poor bussing teaparty.

It is also worth noting that Spyre voted for Weird in his first post with some nonsensical reason, commented on Weird in his follow-up, and has since then said mum. Startgame distancing? Most probably.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:54 pm

Post by Glork »

ZOMG TINFOIL HAT TIME.

Here's Spyre's followup post that I alluded to earlier:
SpyreX wrote:I could see the rope there.

However, that doesn't change my even greater distaste for the way Weird approached all of this mess.

And, if all of said mess is town I'll be a little surprised. I can't shake out the scum in it yet but that many wacky hijinks gives a pause.
The "I could see the rope in there" is in reference to the early ME pressure, and we have already established that ME needs to die posthaste.

So half our scumgroup is Spyre/Weird/ME. Money in the fucking bank.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:01 pm

Post by Glork »

Also, Fate, the "Throw hands up fuck it" moment was when he said "fuck it, I'm just going to lurk because this shit's retarded."

I know what happened in SEIII. I was ass-backwards D1. That doesn't mean I'm going to follow your lead here (though you are obvobvtown).
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:05 pm

Post by Glork »

Potentially dumb question to both Wraith and Kats:

How do you define "coaching," and what does it have to do with a player's alignment? I'm not really sure where that part of your discussion fits in with anything, because it sounds like you guys are defining it differently and considering it a scumtell, which does not fit my own interpretation of "coaching" people in mafia games.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:19 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Nero Cain wrote:
Locke Lamora wrote:Oh yes, I demand flavour for Zwet's claim.
Why?
Locke Lamora wrote: suspicion didn't really take off because multiple people said 'it's just Zwet, ignore him' and so he then pressed on with the vote to try and build Zwet pressure.
I find it a bit hypocritical that you blast me for putting pressure on Zwet when you're doing the same thing.
Locke Lamora wrote: Why were you waiting for Wraith to answer your question before you voted for Zwet? What does one have to do with the other?
This is a loaded question. Of course they have nothing to do with each other but I found both scummy and I wanted my question answered before I laid down my vote.
1. With these kinds of things, it doesn't really work if you tell everyone what you're looking for before the player claims.
2. It's got nothing to do with Zwet specifically. It's to do with you waiting to vote even though there was nothing from Zwet's slot between the two posts to change your read. You voted him for something that was true at the time he first claimed miller.
3. Perhaps you can enlighten me about your thought process. I didn't see you mention anything about whether you thought Wraith's response was satisfactory or not.

Rewq: your post did nothing else whatsoever, nor have I seen a great deal of scumhunting from you generally. That post specifically displayed a lack of interest in scumhunting.

LMP is also scum for focus on SK hunting and for going after Katsuki for doing something he's never seen her do as town or scum.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:35 am

Post by Mariyta »

At least two of the people voting me are most likely scum. Gandalf is just looking for someone to take the pressure off him, and LMP has been fairly scummy all game. The focus on Kat's list has gotten epicly ridiculous. It's a list. Get over it. I don't find the SK hunting to be necessarily scummy.

I'm losing my conviction that Wraith is just frustrated townie. There has been no attempt at scum hunting at all. It's been all attacks on those who've expressed discontent at his play and complaints about his own play (which he shows no interest in changing). It's become an enormous distraction from true scum hunting.

I still like my gandalf vote. Most of his posts were defense posts, and his last post is "Hey, yeah, Wraith must be scum. I'll figure out why later."
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:35 am

Post by Mariyta »

This will probably get me yelled at even more, but is there such thing as a mafia group that kills during the day?
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:53 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

I was in Gorrad's Final Fantasy Mafia, where the scum had a one-shot daykill (they actually shot me as SK on D4, I'm still annoyed about that).
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
WeirdRa
WeirdRa
Townie
WeirdRa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:58 am

Post by WeirdRa »

LynchMePls wrote:I say it makes no sense to put yourself in your town list, and I wanted to know what your reasoning for it is. You still haven't explained it. If it makes no difference one way than the other, then why do you choose to do it this way?
Please tell me you're trolling us all. PLEASE.

Apologies for my absence, not used to this whole "hydra" concept yet. Lulz.

Anywho.

Let's see who are scums.

Mariyta
bv
Wraith
LMP
Kats
LMP
LMP (Did I tell you guys LMP is scum yet?)

Wraith, do you even
know
what strawmanning is?

Wraith gets rope, yes? Town-wraith shuts down but doesn't say "fuck it, I'm lurking." Scum-wraith did. I despise meta personally, and he's just playing bad, but for anyone who wants abbreviated Wraith meta, there it be.

Jenni makes me feel tingly, and not the good tingly and not becuz she r gurl.

Dear Wraith,

Your concept on scumhunting is off. Half of scumhunting is finding scums. The other half is convincing people you're right.

Cordially,
WeirdRa head without name representation

~This post brought to you by AGar
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:00 am

Post by Drippereth »

Glork wrote:Skimmed the last ~3 pages on my phone. Clearly ME's confidence in said bet comes from knowing who his scumbuddies are. Why isn't he dead yet?

Wraiths is frustrated town but announcing that he is going to lurk is a big sign that says "VIG ME." .
I totally agree with the above.

-DGB
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:01 am

Post by Drippereth »

gandalf5166 wrote:Like the Wraith wagon, but have to go now, and don't want to make a hasty decision.
Gandalf is scum. Sooooooooooooo scum.

-DGB
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:05 am

Post by Drippereth »

Locke Lamora wrote:LMP is also scum for focus on SK hunting and for going after Katsuki for doing something he's never seen her do as town or scum.
Someone is SK-hunting??? ZOMG confirmed scum.

-DGB
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:08 am

Post by Drippereth »

I also agree with Glork's assessment of Weirdra, and only to a slightly lesser extent, SpyreX.

I DEMAND THAT GLORK BE DOC-PROTECTED. If Glork dies, there will be WURDZ.

-DGB
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:31 am

Post by Wraith »

Glork wrote:Potentially dumb question to both Wraith and Kats:

How do you define "coaching," and what does it have to do with a player's alignment? I'm not really sure where that part of your discussion fits in with anything, because it sounds like you guys are defining it differently and considering it a scumtell, which does not fit my own interpretation of "coaching" people in mafia games.
I've never needed "coaching" because I've always been the Dominant Scum Partner in every game I was scum. So I really can't define "coaching" for you.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:36 am

Post by LimMePls »

Edge wrote:
LynchMePls wrote: If I wasn't pretty sure Maryita was the SK my vote would be on you right now.
1. WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU SK HUNTING D1. SKS PROVIDE NO MEANINGFUL CONNECTIONS HERP DERP
FOS: LMP
1 less kill a day seems pretty good, don't you think?
2. KATSUKI-COACHSCUM REQUIRES WRAITHSCUM. VOTE WRAITH ACCORDINGLY
I'd prefer to lynch the all-but-claimed Gollum.
3. U IZ ACTUALLY WRAITHS BUDDY GG
You make me laugh RC.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:42 am

Post by LimMePls »

Mariyta wrote:LMP has been fairly scummy all game.
Screenshots or it didn't happen. I'd like some proof of this. This is like the 4th time I've been called scummy (either on someone's scum list or outright like here) and in NONE of them has anyone commented on my supposed scumminess or asked me anything about it.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:45 am

Post by LimMePls »

WTF with the SK guys? If we kill the SK it saves us 1 kill a day. Why is that bad? Also, how am I "focusing on the SK hunting" when I've been pushing multiple people?

Katsuki is scum you guys. And no I'm not trolling.

This is massively frustrating.

V/LA on weekends
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:55 am

Post by Drippereth »

LynchMePls wrote:WTF with the SK guys? If we kill the SK it saves us 1 kill a day.
That's because the scum team can't afford to take a hit as much as the town. The fear of taking a hit is much stronger in scum than town. It's a more urgent priority.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:59 am

Post by LimMePls »

Every time there is 1 less kill, that means there is 1 more day for town to get to choose a lynch. How is this not good for town? So the scum don't want an SK around either, I get it, but if we have someone we KNOW is making kills and is scum why on earth would we not lynch them?

This is insane.

Unvote
Vote: Katsuki

I guess since I'm not allowed to want scum daykillers dead, I'll go for the obv-scum Katsuki.

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:05 am

Post by LimMePls »

WeirdRa wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:I say it makes no sense to put yourself in your town list, and I wanted to know what your reasoning for it is. You still haven't explained it. If it makes no difference one way than the other, then why do you choose to do it this way?
Please tell me you're trolling us all. PLEASE.

Apologies for my absence, not used to this whole "hydra" concept yet. Lulz.

Anywho.

Let's see who are scums.

Mariyta
bv
Wraith
LMP
Kats
LMP
LMP (Did I tell you guys LMP is scum yet?)

Wraith, do you even
know
what strawmanning is?

Wraith gets rope, yes? Town-wraith shuts down but doesn't say "fuck it, I'm lurking." Scum-wraith did. I despise meta personally, and he's just playing bad, but for anyone who wants abbreviated Wraith meta, there it be.

Jenni makes me feel tingly, and not the good tingly and not becuz she r gurl.

Dear Wraith,

Your concept on scumhunting is off. Half of scumhunting is finding scums. The other half is convincing people you're right.

Cordially,
WeirdRa head without name representation

~This post brought to you by AGar
So my pushing and questioning Katsuki for behavior I've seen from him that leans more scum than town means I'm "trolling" and I deserve to be on your scum list 3 times? This is absurd.

V/LA on weekends
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:55 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Awesome, Mariyta is scumz too. That ignorance is so obviously faked, I mean woah.

(No wall post glorifiying the scumgoddess' Katsuki's lynch yet. I'm hungover as fuck.)
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:12 am

Post by Katsuki »

In class, will probably not have time to post until tonight though.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:50 am

Post by Glork »

Wraith wrote:
Glork wrote:Potentially dumb question to both Wraith and Kats:

I've never needed "coaching" because I've always been the Dominant Scum Partner in every game I was scum. So I really can't define "coaching" for you.
If you can't define it, how do you know you don't need it? Also, what in the bloody he'll does Dominant Scum Partner mean? Old-timers like myself aren't familiar with these newfangled phrases and their boom boxes and their basketballs.

Seriously, there's a generational gap here, and that's making it a little difficult to ascertain certain things.

On a completely unrelated note, DGB's recent slew of posts leaves me a little uneasy. I swear, every time she agrees with me and/or sounds entirely reasonable, she's scum. That said, Glork being protected could always go without saying.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Wraith »

Dominant Scum Partner is my own term (should have lower-cased it) on a "mafia psychology" theory I have. The Dominant Scum Partner(s) are risk-takers and very confident in their own abilities, because they are the scum that feign scumhunting and attempt to steer the town into mislynches. The Submissive/Subordinate Scum Partner(s) are most commonly lurkers, and avoid attracting attention to themselves.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:41 am

Post by SpyreX »

It is also worth noting that Spyre voted for Weird in his first post with some nonsensical reason, commented on Weird in his follow-up, and has since then said mum. Startgame distancing? Most probably.
Nonsensical?

Weird went "this is what happened in the game" and
any
stance he took was qualified in that not stepping on toes way. That's bad mojo.
The "I could see the rope in there" is in reference to the early ME pressure, and we have already established that ME needs to die posthaste.
No.

I could see the rope there is reference to Wraith going "I'm shutting my mouth" business.

---

Wraith's /wrists and play and NOW this "I'm the dominant scum partner" business is for killin'. That sure as hell doesn't add up with this at all.
WeirdRa is ALSO for killin.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”