The Lord of the Rings Mafia - GAME OVER (KABOOM)

LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:30 am

Post by LimMePls »

Katsuki wrote:Oh I think LMP asked me about my list.

It is a large game, and as such, I thought it'd be easier using a town/scum list. Both in terms of scumhunting and for my own benefit (keeping myself organized).

The problem I have with you putting yourself on your town list is that it doesn't make sense when compared with what you are claiming is the goal of your town/scum lists. Right here in this quote you imply that the purpose of your town/scum list is for scumhunting and keeping yourself organized.

Do you really need help organizing your thoughts about your own alignment?
Does putting your own name on your town list help you scum hunt?
If your answer to both those questions is no, then why do you put your own name on the list?

The problem at its essence is that it looks like an attempt to subtly reinforce in other people's minds Katsuki=town without actually coming out and saying that. Your play should speak for itself about your alignment, I don't need you listing yourself in your town reads. I understand that you are going to claim town whether you are or not, so what TOWN purpose does putting your name on the list serve? This is the essence of my probing that you still have failed to answer. If you have no town purpose for putting your own name on your town list, then why are you doing it?

As for your play, it is reading much more like your Castlevania play to me and less like DNA Evidence.

Also, you've twice now been coaching Wraith:
Katsuki wrote:
Glork wrote:
Katsuki wrote:STOP BITCHING AND "WOE IS ME"-ING. Think half your posts have been so if I'm not mistaken.

Just the first paragraph would've sufficed.
Do you think Wraith's "bitching and woeisme-ing" is indicative of his alignment in any way, or do you merely find it distracting to the game itself?
p.s. I realize now looking back at that post that it reeks of coaching. However, I am really fed up with reading about his non-stop bitching thus far today.
Katsuki wrote:WELL

Unvote, Vote Wraith

I ADVISE YOU BEST NOT LURK.
If I wasn't pretty sure Maryita was the SK my vote would be on you right now.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:31 am

Post by LimMePls »

rewq455 wrote:I was not even trying to appear townish with that post.
Were you trying to appear townish with other posts?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by Edge »

LynchMePls wrote: If I wasn't pretty sure Maryita was the SK my vote would be on you right now.
1. WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU SK HUNTING D1. SKS PROVIDE NO MEANINGFUL CONNECTIONS HERP DERP
FOS: LMP

2. KATSUKI-COACHSCUM REQUIRES WRAITHSCUM. VOTE WRAITH ACCORDINGLY

3. U IZ ACTUALLY WRAITHS BUDDY GG
True strength is found at the edge of sanity.
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by jenniwren »

[quote="Nero Cain"
Katsuki wrote: In a game as large as this, it helps to find pro-town players as well. Early D1, when scum are doing their best to blend in, it is far easier to find who is town. It also helps narrow down the list later on.
but you don't know who is town and who is scum unless...

Most importantly why do you feel Locke Lamora and jenniwren are town?

[/quote]

Hey Nero, why are you only asking Katsuki why LL and I are town...is it because we're the only two on her list that have votes on you right now?
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by Wraith »

Funny thing, how the two people most hell-bent on lynching me have terrible play. We have Edge, whose sole method of play is to say "YOU ARE SCUM GG" and leave it at that. And we have Kat, who is hypocritical and being accused of coaching. This town amuses me.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by Wraith »

Oh wait, Katsumi being "hypocritical" was not the right word. "Contradictory" was the word I'm looking for.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by jenniwren »

EBWODP:
Derp, bad quote tags there.
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by Edge »

Wraith wrote:Funny thing, how the two people most hell-bent on lynching me have terrible play. We have Edge, whose sole method of play is to say "YOU ARE SCUM GG" and leave it at that. And we have Kat, who is hypocritical
and being accused of coaching.
This town amuses me.
and we have Wraithscum, whose sole method of play is to be scum and not contribute.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

His post starts out as a "lets condemn these people's play" and ends with the bolded, which has NO BEARING ON
KATSUKIS
INDIVIDUAL PLAY, and EVERYTHING to do with:
"OH NOES MAH BUDDYS BEN CAUGHT. TIME to LAMPSHADE!"

Two down. More to go. This lynch needs to happen now.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by Wraith »

I guess this is why they keep you around. It's amusing to watch you flail about like an idiot, pointing at the nearest shiny object and screaming at the top of your lungs.
Show

Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by Edge »

Red is shiny, green is not. You sir, have scum claimed.

(Btw they keep me around for my dashing good looks)
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by Wraith »

FLEEEEEE! FLEEEE FOR YOUR LIIIIIVES!

Now smash me in the face with a stick, Gandalf. I don't want to fight this battle.
Show

Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by Edge »

Apparently not. This is hilariously sad how incredibly scummy and useless you are.
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by Edge »

And this isn't frustrated town, Glork, you can TELL because there was no *throws up hands, fuck it* moment. He hasn't scumhunted the entire game.
Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by Edge »

Wraith wrote:
Katy wrote:
Vote: Wraith

While the initial question was a good way to get conversation going, putting it into questions like you did doesn't really add anything new, and encourages people to go into detail about how much they like LOTR instead of starting to play the game.
If this is meant to be a serious vote,
IGMEOY Katy
. People who nitpick early posts and use them to start bandwagons are often scum.
^Save this little gem, which is just a nice lil baseless statement generalizing a non-existent scumtell, backed by a weak an pointless IGMEOY, followed up by absolutely NOTHING even resembling an attempt to further get a read/make a case on Katy.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Wraith »

Edge wrote:And this isn't frustrated town, Glork, you can TELL because there was no *throws up hands, fuck it* moment. He hasn't scumhunted the entire game.
This post is hilarious.

Also, good thing Aragorn is dead. GONDOR IS MINE.
Show

Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by Edge »

STOP CLOGGING UP MY FUCKING THREAD.

WE GET IT, YOU HAVE NO INTEREST IN POSTING ANYTHING RESEMBLING CONTENT FOR FEAR OF OUTING MORE BUDDIES/TOWNIES.

WHAT HAPPENED TO LURKING?

GET THE FUCK OUT WHILE I CONVINCE THE REST OF TOWN THAT YOU NEED TO DIE.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by Wraith »

Edge wrote:And this isn't frustrated town, Glork, you can TELL because
there was no *throws up hands, fuck it* moment.
He hasn't scumhunted the entire game.
Edge wrote:STOP CLOGGING UP MY FUCKING THREAD.

WE GET IT, YOU HAVE NO INTEREST IN POSTING ANYTHING RESEMBLING CONTENT FOR FEAR OF OUTING MORE BUDDIES/TOWNIES.

WHAT HAPPENED TO LURKING?

GET THE FUCK OUT WHILE I CONVINCE THE REST OF TOWN THAT YOU NEED TO DIE.
Why are you lying?

Why do you need to convince anyone? The town figure out who's scum on their own, and only scum need to "steer" the town into a lynch.
Show

Edge
Edge
Goon
Edge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by Edge »

I swear to god if I have to switch accounts one more time to wordsmack you into next Tuesday...

BEFORE YOUR "imma lurk nao" post, there was NOTHING RESEMBLING SCUMHUNTING/TOWNINESS

There was no "Content" -> "fuck it" -> "no content" transition. There was "scumscumsucn" -> "FUCK IT" -> "scumscumscum"

TOWN NEED TO STEER LYNCH ONTO SCUM BC SCUM ARE RELUCTANT TO BUS SOMETIMES, AND OTHER TOWNIES CAN BE DUMB/INSECURE.

Now here I'll start with Glork:
Glork you fuckin did this to me last time with quadz. "Herp derp scummy people pushin wraith=wraithtown" NONNONONONO WRONG> <BIG RED X HERE> LOGICAL FALLACY HERE.

Multiple scumteams, scum awkwardly bussing, WHATEVER IT IS, Wraithscum=WRAITHSCUM. There need be no other consideration.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by Wraith »

Edge wrote:I swear to god if I have to switch accounts one more time to wordsmack you into next Tuesday...

BEFORE YOUR "imma lurk nao" post, there was NOTHING RESEMBLING SCUMHUNTING/TOWNINESS

There was no "Content" -> "fuck it" -> "no content" transition. There was "scumscumsucn" -> "FUCK IT" -> "scumscumscum"

TOWN NEED TO STEER LYNCH ONTO SCUM BC SCUM ARE RELUCTANT TO BUS SOMETIMES, AND OTHER TOWNIES CAN BE DUMB/INSECURE.

Now here I'll start with Glork:
Glork you fuckin did this to me last time with quadz. "Herp derp scummy people pushin wraith=wraithtown" NONNONONONO WRONG> <BIG RED X HERE> LOGICAL FALLACY HERE.

Multiple scumteams, scum awkwardly bussing, WHATEVER IT IS, Wraithscum=WRAITHSCUM. There need be no other consideration.
Except...why am I scum again? Because I have a pet peeve behavior, and attacked someone who used it? That all?
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:36 pm

Post by Wraith »

Oh, and I'd rather not be lynched. I'd rather throw myself on a funeral pyre.
Show

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by SlySly »

Fate wrote:<------Is glad Haylen is dead and thinks town shot her
What?

Is this you claiming scum? How could a townie be glad that a very powerful town role gets killed D1 by another townie?
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh sly why you gotta drink the crazy water.

Wrath dies.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

Day 1 Vote Count 04

gandalf5166
- 2 - zwetschenwasser, Mariyta
LynchMePls
- 2 - Wraith, Drippereth
Glork
- 1 - molestargazer
Haylen
- 1 - Haylen
Mariyta
- 4 - bv310, gandalf5166, LynchMePls, inHimshallibe
Wraith
- 5 - Katy, WeirdRa, Edge, SpyreX, Katsuki

Locke Lamora
- 1 - rewq455
Drippereth
- 1 - SlySly
MemoriaEsporia
- 2 - Glork, Cogito Ergo Sum
Nero Cain
- 2 - jenniwren, Locke Lamora
Katsuki
- 2 - VasudeVa, Nero Cain

Not Voting
- 2 - a2rudeboy, MemoriaEsponia

Twenty five stand gathered, Thirteen votes will lynch.

Please note that attempting to vote someone you're already voting is not considered a vote move and will not change your position on a bandwagon. Thank you and have a pleasant evening.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by bv310 »

Wraith is town. Mariyta is not. More Mariyta votes please.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:22 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Glork wrote:Srsly, though, much of the pressure on Wraith looks scum-driven. There are plenty of other, better candidates for lynch. Like M.E.
Oh great Glork, who are the supposed scum on the Wraith wagon? (To refresh your mind: Katy, WeirdRa, Edge, SpyreX, Katsuki)

--

Not in the slightest bit interested in the Wraith wagon. I'm getting a little bit used to Fate. He makes every little thing his perceived scum does sound so scummy when it, in fact, isn't. He takes no apologies for the Town flip, pisses on their gravestone and then necrophilia. *slowmotion*
Ooohh yeaaahhh~

He will also appear drunk at your wedding, if you invite him.

Katsuki is so obviously scum, I think I'll have to make a mega wall post in her honor.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”