The Lord of the Rings Mafia - GAME OVER (KABOOM)

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:30 am

Post by Glork »

Nero Cain wrote:Glork's 142 makes sense and I understand it but the opposite is just as possible.
Hey everybody if I come up guilty its NOT 'cause I'm scum but a miller.
While I doubt a scum could win the game based on a fake miller claim they could certianly skate by for a few days. But to be fair to Zwet he did admit to fake claiming long before he was hammered. But in that same game you used your RVS vote on your scum buddy. Did you do it this game as well? So here's a
THEROY
You and Zwet are scumbuddies. Zwet fake claims miller 'cause you know that b/c of his past he woun't get lynched.
Oh, don't get me wrong... I am
NOT
saying that I believe Zwet is telling the truth about his claim, and scums do fake-claim Millers to get cops turning in another direction. My 142 was just a description of what "Propoer Protown Miller Behavior" should be, and an observation of how they are usually treated.

After hearing the number of terrible plays/claims Zwet has made in the past, I am disinclined to believe any claim he makes at any stage in any game. I would judge him based solely on gameplay (which has been somewhat lacking in the early stages of this D1).
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:31 am

Post by Glork »

Katsuki wrote:STOP BITCHING AND "WOE IS ME"-ING. Think half your posts have been so if I'm not mistaken.

Just the first paragraph would've sufficed.
Do you think Wraith's "bitching and woeisme-ing" is indicative of his alignment in any way, or do you merely find it distracting to the game itself?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:33 am

Post by LimMePls »

Katsuki wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:Does Kat's list seem really arbitrary to anyone else? His unwillingness to explain them only makes them seem more so.
It was not randomly put together, if that is what you're implying (which you are).
random =/= arbitrary.

Random would imply that you just picked random names to place on the lists.

Arbitrary implies that you are picking the names to put on the lists for a reason, but you just aren't being clear what that reason is. Which is exactly what you're doing, since you refuse to explain why people are on those lists.

@Kat: What is the pro-town benefit to making a town list? What is the pro-town benefit to putting yourself on your own town list?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:46 am

Post by Katsuki »

Glork wrote:
Katsuki wrote:STOP BITCHING AND "WOE IS ME"-ING. Think half your posts have been so if I'm not mistaken.

Just the first paragraph would've sufficed.
Do you think Wraith's "bitching and woeisme-ing" is indicative of his alignment in any way, or do you merely find it distracting to the game itself?
At the moment, extremely distracting. Probably has to do with me being in class.
Last night though, rather scummy. Still now TBH.

Indicative of alignment: At this point, not sure. Leaning scum. (he should be on scum list as I said earlier). TBH though, I have had that experience in the first 2 games I played on MS (one of which andrius likes to remind me of), so I know how it feels being frustrated as town in that regard.

p.s. I realize now looking back at that post that it reeks of coaching. However, I am really fed up with reading about his non-stop bitching thus far today.

MOVING CLASSES, SO POSTING THIS FOR NOW. I MAY NEED TO CORRECT THINGS LATER THOUGH.

P-EDIT: ANSWERING LMP'S POST LATER.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:49 am

Post by Mariyta »

Wraith wrote: Also, someone earlier told me to take a look at the games in which I was quickly mislynch as town, and I don't even need to look to know the process:

1. Someone nitpicks one of my early posts, using strawman to make it look like my word choice is scummy
2. Town immediately beings piling onto the wagon.

It's happened to me in multiple games simultaneously before, so I know the damn process.
People do not get lynched do to their first posts alone. It could be your reaction to their nitpicking that is getting you lynched. But if you don't want to improve your game, that's your problem. If your reaction this game is indicative of your typical play, I can see why you get lynched a lot, especially in smaller games. You're lucky people like gandalf and ME are taking the heat away from you at this point.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:01 am

Post by Fate »

Wraith is definitely scum.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:01 am

Post by Fate »

Wraith wrote:
Fate wrote:Wraith, move your vote to gandalf/ME you useless sack
What, so you can use your CAPS LOCK-GIC on my "parroting and bandwagoning" later on? Sorry, no, I'm going to read things first.
^Exhibit A
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Katsuki »

LynchMePls wrote:
Katsuki wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:Does Kat's list seem really arbitrary to anyone else? His unwillingness to explain them only makes them seem more so.
It was not randomly put together, if that is what you're implying (which you are).
random =/= arbitrary.

Arbitrary implies that you are picking the names to put on the lists for a reason, but you just aren't being clear what that reason is. Which is exactly what you're doing, since you refuse to explain why people are on those lists.

@Kat: What is the pro-town benefit to making a town list? What is the pro-town benefit to putting yourself on your own town list?
In a game as large as this, it helps to find pro-town players as well. Early D1, when scum are doing their best to blend in, it is far easier to find who is town. It also helps narrow down the list later on.

As for questioning me about putting myself on my own town list, I find that question of yours rather silly, and honestly, you should know much better than that. This is not like you.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Katsuki »

Fate wrote:Wraith is definitely scum.
We can vig him tonight.

Meanwhile, ME please fate.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Bilbo Baggins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:42 am

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

We interrupt this game to bring you a special broadcast!

As the first day of the Council starts, there is a flurry of activity - argument, dissent, all fueled by fear. As everyone speaks - some persuasively, some passionately - you notice that one Council-goer is a little quiet. And somehow it seems . . . off. In all the noise, there's one voice you're sure should be hearing. But you're not.

"Hey guys, Haylen's sleeping." You all crowd around Haylen to see what's amiss.

And then one of you screams and points at Haylen's neck. You can still see the ugly marks, left by the two hands that choked her to death.

Haylen, Aragorn, Town Motivator, was Strangled D1!

You all mourn over the death quickly and quietly. After a burial out in the garden you all sit back down for the debate. This time the fuel is not only fear but anger. Whoever did this - whoever among you is committing murder or working for the Shadow or whatever it may be - must pay. And quickly, before you all go the way of your erstwhile King.

With 24 at table it takes 13 to lynch.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled game, already in progress!
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Katsuki »

Oh fun, day-killing SK?

The hell is a motivator anyways?
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Mariyta »

Well, that's crap. Smart, though. The only person Haylen voted was herself, and she was in the process of reading so we get no feedback from her. I blame Gandalf. He was always jealous of Aragorn.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:58 am

Post by LimMePls »

Katsuki wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:
Katsuki wrote:
random =/= arbitrary.

In a game as large as this, it helps to find pro-town players as well. Early D1, when scum are doing their best to blend in, it is far easier to find who is town. It also helps narrow down the list later on.

As for questioning me about putting myself on my own town list, I find that question of yours rather silly, and honestly, you should know much better than that. This is not like you.
Wait, let me get this straight, early D1 when scum are doing their best to blend in, you think it is far easier to find who is town? Explain this please.

I dunno what you mean about "you should know better". I think putting yourself on your town list is bad. What do you hope to accomplish with it? We all know everyone is going to say they are town whether they are or not, so what purpose does putting yourself on the list serve? What were you trying to accomplish by listing yourself on your own town list?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:01 am

Post by LimMePls »

Mariyta wrote:Well, that's crap. Smart, though. The only person Haylen voted was herself, and she was in the process of reading so we get no feedback from her. I blame Gandalf. He was always jealous of Aragorn.
THIS IS A RED-ALERT. ALL HANDS MAN YOUR BATTLE STATIONS!

Congratulating scum is massively scummy.

Unvote
Vote: Mariyta

V/LA on weekends
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:02 am

Post by Drippereth »

Lynchme wrote: Wait, let me get this straight, early D1 when scum are doing their best to blend in, you think it is far easier to find who is town?
Duh.

When I do town lists I'm always on them too...very wierd you're making a big deal of Katsu's thing.
SCUMZ.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:03 am

Post by Drippereth »

Fate wrote:Wraith is definitely scum.
I thought that when he called us maybe jester and stuff but the "I lurk D1 lolz" posts and those around it sounded town...
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:05 am

Post by Katsuki »

This is why I say it is not like you LMP.

Does it matter whether I put myself on my town list or not? It's not like you expect me to put my own name in the scumlist hmm?

If someone who was pro-town acts differently down the road, is it hard to figure out why?

P-edit: What Elli said.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:05 am

Post by Mariyta »

LynchMePls wrote:
Mariyta wrote:Well, that's crap. Smart, though. The only person Haylen voted was herself, and she was in the process of reading so we get no feedback from her. I blame Gandalf. He was always jealous of Aragorn.
THIS IS A RED-ALERT. ALL HANDS MAN YOUR BATTLE STATIONS!

Congratulating scum is massively scummy.

Unvote
Vote: Mariyta
If you say so.
-Susan Ertz

Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:05 am

Post by Drippereth »

gandalf5166 wrote:There is no way that the real Gandalf would have CC'd.
That's bull.
Say I'm relatively incompetent.
*OMG HE CLAIMED GANDALF COUNTERCLAIM I CAUGHT SCUM GUYZ*

Also, Katy's point about the REACTIONS making it of more ease to find Gandalf is +1.
And you ignored.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:07 am

Post by Drippereth »

Me don't get this comment at all.
Smart for who.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:08 am

Post by Drippereth »

Mari, are you town?
ANSWER WITH MORE THAN ONE WORD PLZ.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:09 am

Post by Drippereth »

I still have to talk with DGB about voting stuff, hoooold.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:09 am

Post by bv310 »

From the wiki
A Motivator, also called a Monolith on IRC, is a role which can cause the target's role to temporarily/permanently 'evolve'. In designing the game setup, the Game Moderator determines what each role will become when it is targeted by the monolith - for example, a Tracker may become a Cop.
The name 'Motivator' also refers to a role which can target another player and give them the ability to use their role's actions twice in the same Night.
And yeah,
vote: mariyta

Nice to know my RVS vote actually was on scum.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:11 am

Post by Mariyta »

Drippereth wrote:
Me don't get this comment at all.
Smart for who.
For whoever did it. It indicates (at least to me) that whoever it was most likely isn't a newb. They wanted/needed to kill someone and picked one of the few people who wouldn't implicate anyone.
-Susan Ertz

Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:12 am

Post by Drippereth »

How much do you know about Haylen/her meta?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”