Newbie 1010 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
nevermind (2): Razgriz, Vincius Chaim
Razgriz (2): neil1113, silverbullet999
Civil Scum (1): Yoenit
Olinea (1): Civil Scum
Vinicius Chaim (1): nevermind
silverbullet999 (0): No one
neil1113 (0): No one
Catterpillar (0): No one
Yoenit (0): No one

Not voting (2): Catterpillar, Olinea

With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch.

Deadline Vote Count:
nevermind (2): Razgriz, Vincius Chaim
Razgriz (2): neil1113, silverbullet999
Olinea (1): Civil Scum
Vinicius Chaim (1): nevermind
silverbullet999 (0): No one
neil1113 (0): No one
Catterpillar (0): No one
Civil Scum (0): No one
Yoenit (0): No one

Not voting (2): Catterpillar, Olinea

With 1 not having posted within the last 48 hours, 0 currently being replaced, and 0 who have requested to not have their vote counted for deadline purposes; 8 votes would be counted if deadline was now, and therefore it would take 5 votes to lynch. Deadline: September 30th@10:00 AM EDT/GMT-4 (2:00 PM GMT). A countdown to deadline can be found here
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by Olinea »

Also, Civil, if we were the scum team this would probably be one of the most epic plays ever.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Razgriz
Razgriz
Goon
Razgriz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by Razgriz »

Ya know what would be ironic...
Show
We'll put a boot in your ass it's the American way!
Roll Tide Roll #1 Alabama 4-0 this season
Mafiascum Record:
Town 1-1
Mafia 0-0
3rd Party 0-0

All-Time Record
Town 5-3
Mafia 4-3
3rd Party 3-1
Jester(Still part of 3rd party): 1-0

Olinea: "But I'll only stop scumhunting when I'm dead."
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

-Arrogant Oni
You have just told me that you refuse to follow what is happening in this thread. This quote was from post 505. It referred to two points in which Civil changed his read on you; posts 404 and 453. You posted 2 content-less posts in that duration. I had used that as a claim that Civil was changing reads based on 0 content.
Wait.. sooo if thats the case...
where did this magical quote come from?
Silverbullet: I have said that Silver posts little content as well; the manner in which he posted seemed like "fluff" for his posts. Slightly scum read on him, too.
Oh yeah... I'm NOT reading the thread and following what's happening. Cause you didn't just say that your suspecting me because I have posted little content.

ALSO
I'd like to see reads of the entire town from Nevermind, Silverbullet, Chaim, and Catterpillar
Apparently you don't read Catterpillar's posts... Way to keep up with the thread BUD

LASTLY
Also, Civil, if we were the scum team this would probably be one of the most epic plays ever.
HOW THE FUCK IS THIS AT ALL A PRO-TOWN STATEMENT?!

VOTE: overconfident oli
... People were right it seems....
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:33 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Bird1111 wrote: 5. The Newbie Queue rules now require a non-retractable 3 week deadline per day, thus this game will have one. At deadline, a majority of people who have posted in thread within the last 48 hours and are not currently being replaced will be enough for a lynch. A player may also choose to not have their vote count at deadline if they are too busy to make an informed vote at deadline. If you choose this, I will inform the game that you have made this choice as soon as I am aware of it. I will add a section to all votecounts, separate from the main one of the votes of people who have posted within the last 48 hours. For example, let's say there are five people alive, Bob, Alice, Carol, David, and Erica, and Fredrick. Let's say that only Bob, Alice, David, Erica, and Frederick have posted within the last 48 hours at deadline but I am currently searching for a replacement for David and Frederick has requested that his vote not be counted. This would mean that two of Bob, Alice, and Erica would have to be voting the same person at deadline for a lynch to go through.
Kind of complicated. Depending on what people are doing at the deadline, it may result in either a lynch or a no-lynch.
Olinea wrote: 2. Is it considered bad sportsmanship to hammer yourself if you think it'll help the town? For example, if we're close to the deadline, and I've got 4 votes, would it be a... erm... "dick move" to hammer myself so on Day 2 there'd be a 2/7 chance of finding scum rather than 2/8?
I'm not sure. It's definitely anti-town to hammer yourself out of indignation or frustration. For one, you kill a townie if you are one, and might not have been killed otherwise. Two, you rob the town of information (ie- who would have dropped the hammer otherwise). Third (though there are probably more reasons not to do this that I'm not aware of), if a scum has not voted for you, but might, you spare them having to put their name on the wagon (which could be especially useful if they hammer quickly or without much explanation or thought given to it). You're basically helping the scum beat your team.

With regards to your specific scenario/example, I would not be surprised if that has come up before, or if someone has done that. But it would just be better if we don't let it come to that.

A no-lynch is about the worst thing that you can let happen in D-1 of a newbie game.
No suspicions or cases are resolved, no new information is gained, you lose one townie and then are plopped right back to where you were. The lynch pool is larger (statistical probability of getting a scum on the next lynch is lower), you now need 5 votes instead of 4 to lynch a scum, and you don't buy yourself any time numbers wise. Another Day 8-2 (1 mislynch, 1 NightKill), leaves you at 4town to 2scum for D-3. Still a loss at that point if you miss. Though you could no-lynch then to eliminate one suspect. But you've still missed one of the town's chances to get a LOT of information.

It is pretty important that everyone understand that a no-lynch D-1 in a 9 player game is literally the WORST that we can do.

Nevermind: Definitely do not claim until you're at L-1 and threatened with a hammer. This is the only time a single person should claim their role, unless they are a PR at a critical moment.

I'm hesitant to single-out and run Nevermind up right now, because he's not the only inactive player (Caterpillar and Yoenit have also been quiet). Though, arguably, Nevermind is the guiltiest of lurking. But he's not the only one.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Silver wrote: HOW THE FUCK IS THIS AT ALL A PRO-TOWN STATEMENT?!
I don't think it was meant to be. More of a humorous observation of possibilities. He can easily make the argument/say that all of your joking has not been "pro-town".

I still support your vote though. He was doing a very good job, and I have to admit that I was getting frazzled because I was starting to feel like he was going to be able to get me lynched. But in the end, I think he bit off a tad more than he could chew in his first game. I would cry if I had to play as scum in my first forum game ever. :(

Caterpillar offered basically a replacement analysis of the game and it's players, but has not been active and current (or so it would seem). Olinea used Yoenit's attack on me as jump off point (or so it would seem), and after being involved in starting the case, Yoenit appears to have disappeared.

I'm not sure of a good way to decide which inactive player is the "most dangerous."
I'd like to know why we should single 1 of the lurkers
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:47 pm

I don't think it was meant to be. More of a humorous observation of possibilities. He can easily make the argument/say that all of your joking has not been "pro-town".
To me it's like this.
Let's say you all have a super strong town read on me.
I then say, heh you all think i'm town... man you guys would be so boned if I was scum.

See the difference in my eyes?
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by Olinea »

silverbullet999 wrote:-Arrogant Oni
I kinda deserved that one.
silverbullet999 wrote:
You have just told me that you refuse to follow what is happening in this thread. This quote was from post 505. It referred to two points in which Civil changed his read on you; posts 404 and 453. You posted 2 content-less posts in that duration. I had used that as a claim that Civil was changing reads based on 0 content.
Wait.. sooo if thats the case...
where did this magical quote come from?
Silverbullet: I have said that Silver posts little content as well; the manner in which he posted seemed like "fluff" for his posts. Slightly scum read on him, too.
Oh yeah... I'm NOT reading the thread and following what's happening. Cause you didn't just say that your suspecting me because I have posted little content.
That quote is in reference to post 423. I would bring it back up but it's a bit long to re-quote, I think. It basically outlined all of the content-less things you'd been posting. You certainly have been posting more frequently since then, and with some game-related material, so kudos.
silverbullet999 wrote:ALSO
I'd like to see reads of the entire town from Nevermind, Silverbullet, Chaim, and Catterpillar
Apparently you don't read Catterpillar's posts... Way to keep up with the thread BUD
Actually,
BUD
, a lot has happened since Catterpillar first threw down suspicions. She labelled me slight town, but I wouldn't be surprised if I have raised a few red flags on myself after the argument with Civil. I'd like current reads.

And my BS detector tells me you lack reads on 7 other people.
silverbullet999 wrote:LASTLY
It was a humorous observation. You, of all people, should be aware that not everything posted in here is "RAH RAH GO TOWN".

And I think I could get used to playing slightly scummy. Keeps people on their feet and scum might keep me in for a while in case they need a scapegoat.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by Olinea »

Oh, and I highly doubt at this point that anyone has "super strong town reads" on me.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:03 pm

Post by Olinea »

EBWOP: God, Civil ninja'ed me so hard :/
GreyICE:
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by bird1111 »

Since there appears to be some confusion, No Lynch will happen at deadline unless you have half the votes counted at deadline on one person.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:27 pm

I need to sleep asap because I'm gonna be paintballing tomorrow. I'll post reads to others... though really is it that hard to see what my reads of people are? 7 people? What do you think of raz?
It was a humorous observation. You, of all people, should be aware that not everything posted in here is "RAH RAH GO TOWN".

And I think I could get used to playing slightly scummy. Keeps people on their feet and scum might keep me in for a while in case they need a scapegoat.
There's a difference between humor and saying hey if i was scum you'd be so outplayed.
Also the strategy of being scummy is ridiculously anti town. If you get night killed night 1, you should be honored more than anything as you were so town that scum Perceives you as a threat (and ever so innocent) vs others. The ONLY reason I do see an advantage of acting scummy is if you are a pr. I don't see that being the case for you since now you decided to adopt the style and haven't been playing like that the whole game.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:29 pm

EBWOP:
That what do you think of raz really meant to be what do you think I think of raz..
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:29 pm

let's say there are five people alive, Bob, Alice, Carol, David, and Erica, and Fredrick.
Mod... you can't count... that's six people : P
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by Olinea »

silverbullet999 wrote:EBWOP:
That what do you think of raz really meant to be what do you think I think of raz..
The fact that you voted for him last page makes me think you've got your eye on him.
GreyICE:
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:49 pm

Thus shouldn't you have mayhaps said 6?

and why am i still awake... on my laptop...
Vinicius Chaim
Vinicius Chaim
Townie
Vinicius Chaim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:53 pm

Post by Vinicius Chaim »

Olinea wrote:I can't believe I'm about to do this.

Unvote: Civil Scum

well, like I said, I didn't buy this one and got my FoS on him...
Olinea wrote:Then we'd better get crackin'.

I'd like to see reads of
the entire town
from Nevermind, Silverbullet, Chaim, and Catterpillar. Don't try to dodge out of it, like "I don't really know what to think of X or Y or Z". And my BS detector is raging right now, so be honest.
why not from you, too?
or we should say: "only them 4 are the suspects, I'm town!"
Olinea wrote:Also, Civil, if we were the scum team this would probably be one of the most epic plays ever.
I definately didn't accept this one, you got many scum points in my book...
Olinea wrote: 2. Is it considered bad sportsmanship to hammer yourself if you think it'll help the town? For example, if we're close to the deadline, and I've got 4 votes, would it be a... erm... "dick move" to hammer myself so on Day 2 there'd be a 2/7 chance of finding scum rather than 2/8?
self attacking?
"I'm gonna kill myself, I'm inocent, but I'm tired of being accused"
come on, I can't understand how you'd be townie after all...
UNVOTE: never

VOTE: Olinea

p.s: Silver, you're with 2 votes(on raz and on olinea)
unvote one of them
Razgriz
Razgriz
Goon
Razgriz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:00 am

Post by Razgriz »

VC, I think that quote of Oli's #576 was a joke...
Show
Mafiascum Record:
Town 1-1
Mafia 0-0
3rd Party 0-0

All-Time Record
Town 5-3
Mafia 4-3
3rd Party 3-1

Razgriz
Razgriz
Goon
Razgriz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:10 am

Post by Razgriz »

Ok, this is the longest Day 1 I have had in pages, in the 17 games I've played.
Olinea wrote:Also, Civil, if we were the scum team this would probably be one of the most epic plays ever.
:lol: Ya know what would be ironic, is if you guys were the scum team and you posted that...
silverbullet999 wrote:
HOW THE FUCK IS THIS AT ALL A PRO-TOWN STATEMENT?!
And everything you have posted is pro-town and no scumtells in it? Gimmie a break....
Vinicius Chaim wrote:
Olinea wrote:2. Is it considered bad sportsmanship to hammer yourself if you think it'll help the town? For example, if we're close to the deadline, and I've got 4 votes, would it be a... erm... "dick move" to hammer myself so on Day 2 there'd be a 2/7 chance of finding scum rather than 2/8?
self attacking?
I think he wasn't saying "I give up" just that would it help the town's chances on catching scum
Show
Mafiascum Record:
Town 1-1
Mafia 0-0
3rd Party 0-0

All-Time Record
Town 5-3
Mafia 4-3
3rd Party 3-1

nevermind
nevermind
Goon
nevermind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:47 am

Post by nevermind »

You know, VC is really using bad reasons to get his vote on people that might be bandwagoned.
For example, he first voted Razgriz when raz was around L-3, then voted me after someone else voted me and other people expressed their suspicion of me (and it was apparent razgriz wasn't going to get lynched) , and now he's voting olinea.

yeah i know this could be newb play, but I'm not letting it go. And this is different from simple vote-hopping because his reasons for doing so aren't legit at all.
Vinicius Chaim
Vinicius Chaim
Townie
Vinicius Chaim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:59 am

Post by Vinicius Chaim »

well never, when I voted you, ya only had 1 vote, and the guy who expressed his suspicious was raz, the same that voted on you, and I agreed with what he said(in other words, he convinced me)
but, just some time later, after reading better, I saw olinea was more suspicious than you
nevermind
nevermind
Goon
nevermind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:03 am

Post by nevermind »

I'll try to get around to doing what Olinea requested of me some time today. No promises though
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:07 am

Post by Olinea »

Vinicius Chaim wrote:
Olinea wrote:I can't believe I'm about to do this.

Unvote: Civil Scum

well, like I said, I didn't buy this one and got my FoS on him...
I said I understand why you would FoS me. I didn't expect everyone to go "Oh, yeah, he's totally right!".

[quote="Vinicius Chaim"[/quote]
Olinea wrote:Then we'd better get crackin'.

I'd like to see reads of
the entire town
from Nevermind, Silverbullet, Chaim, and Catterpillar. Don't try to dodge out of it, like "I don't really know what to think of X or Y or Z". And my BS detector is raging right now, so be honest.
why not from you, too?
or we should say: "only them 4 are the suspects, I'm town!"[/quote][/quote]

Page 22. Post 546. I posted scumreads of everyone. Are
you
reading the thread?

BS detector doesn't accept that as a scumread.
Vinicius Chaim wrote:
I definately didn't accept this one, you got many scum points in my book...
What did you think I would accomplish by putting this down? It was a
joke
, not a way of saying "HEY EVERYONE CIVIL AND I JUST TOTALLY OUTPLAYED YOU".
Vinicius Chaim wrote:
self attacking?
*sigh*
You need to read the thread, Chaim. Or at least figure out what I am saying. I did not ask "Is it bad sportsmanship to ragequit?". I asked this because I thought it would be beneficial to the town if we could narrow the pool on Day 2. I figured, since I forsaw a few votes coming my way after my unvote, that I'd become a target. And, as Civil points out, the deadline is fast approaching, and a no lynch will hurt the town. I figured if it were a couple of hours before the deadline, and I had 4 votes on myself, I'd rather self-hammer than go to no lynch. I'd rather it not come to that, of course, and the game may change quickly. Hell, one unvote just got almost everyone to post.

Vinicius, I speak directly to you right now. Your voting pattern is generating suspicion for yourself. You're throwing votes around very quickly, and usually on the top suspect, which may be seen a bandwagoning or an inability to make your own scumreads. I suggest you throw your vote a bit more tentatively; with more caution and more evidence. It's one thing to be a third vote. It's another to be a third vote every time.

Also, I don't appreciate the "Let's vote Oli so I don't have to post a scumread" mentality we have going on.
nevermind wrote:I'll try to get around to doing what Olinea requested of me some time today. No promises though
At least you're already closer to fulfulling that request than the other three.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:07 am

Post by Olinea »

God, I messed up those quote tags pretty badly :/
GreyICE:
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:21 am

Post by bird1111 »

Bumping the Vote Count onto the next page.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”