The Lord of the Rings Mafia - GAME OVER (KABOOM)

WeirdRa
WeirdRa
Townie
WeirdRa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:24 am

Post by WeirdRa »

While we gather our thoughts, would it be generally appreciated if we as separate heads posted a small pseudo-sig on the end of our posts? This isn't meant to be a secret hydra, so just curious.
WeirdRa
WeirdRa
Townie
WeirdRa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by WeirdRa »

VasudeVa wrote:
Katy wrote:Lord of the Rings is pretty much the only thing I'm a fangirl of. I read the Hobbit when I was six and the main trilogy when I was 8-9, and I've read it again multiple times since then. I've seen the animated and the recent movies and I've also read a lot of Tolkien's other works.

Vote: Wraith

While the initial question was a good way to get conversation going, putting it into questions like you did doesn't really add anything new, and encourages people to go into detail about how much they like LOTR instead of starting to play the game.
So, his RQS questionnaire isn't game related. So? Is there such a thing as a scummy questionnaire?
It stems from the belief, I believe, that only scum benefit from an elongated RVS/RQS phase where no actual gameplay is done, thus there is a minimal likelihood for scum to slip in a way that can be pinned on them as scummy for a longer period of time. Since Wraith's questions were just an addendum to LL's initial question, Katy is presumably believing that Wraith didn't actually want to kick-start gameplay and instead is just trying to appear pro-town.

Zwet miller claim is... peculiar. I'm also curious as to if there is any flavor as to why Arwen of all people is a miller. Curious head is curious.

Gandalf is .. Gandalf? That whole claim just smells of bullshit to me, I really want to know what the f*ck he's doing there.

@LL - I have read the hobbit and the three books. No silmarillon or anything.

@Wraith - Books. RotK. I've not seen the 3rd movie for some bizarre reason, so I'll go with Fellowship. Gimli or Boromir.

~A
WeirdRa
WeirdRa
Townie
WeirdRa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by WeirdRa »

Vote: Wraith
Reasons:
First off, why is nitpicking posts early scummy? It's generating discussion, which is good. You still haven't given past experience of that, despite being asked multiple times.
Then, you whine about this always happening to you, which is basically AtE with a side of self-meta defense.

Not really liking mariyta's "good points about the kill".

~M=W
WeirdRa
WeirdRa
Townie
WeirdRa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #333 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:58 am

Post by WeirdRa »

LynchMePls wrote:I say it makes no sense to put yourself in your town list, and I wanted to know what your reasoning for it is. You still haven't explained it. If it makes no difference one way than the other, then why do you choose to do it this way?
Please tell me you're trolling us all. PLEASE.

Apologies for my absence, not used to this whole "hydra" concept yet. Lulz.

Anywho.

Let's see who are scums.

Mariyta
bv
Wraith
LMP
Kats
LMP
LMP (Did I tell you guys LMP is scum yet?)

Wraith, do you even
know
what strawmanning is?

Wraith gets rope, yes? Town-wraith shuts down but doesn't say "fuck it, I'm lurking." Scum-wraith did. I despise meta personally, and he's just playing bad, but for anyone who wants abbreviated Wraith meta, there it be.

Jenni makes me feel tingly, and not the good tingly and not becuz she r gurl.

Dear Wraith,

Your concept on scumhunting is off. Half of scumhunting is finding scums. The other half is convincing people you're right.

Cordially,
WeirdRa head without name representation

~This post brought to you by AGar
WeirdRa
WeirdRa
Townie
WeirdRa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #564 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:31 am

Post by WeirdRa »

VasudeVa wrote:
WeirdRa #333 wrote:Please tell me you're trolling us all. PLEASE.

Apologies for my absence, not used to this whole "hydra" concept yet. Lulz.

Anywho.

Let's see who are scums.

Mariyta
bv
Wraith
LMP
Kats
LMP
LMP (Did I tell you guys LMP is scum yet?)

Wraith, do you even know what strawmanning is?

Wraith gets rope, yes? Town-wraith shuts down but doesn't say "fuck it, I'm lurking." Scum-wraith did. I despise meta personally, and he's just playing bad, but for anyone who wants abbreviated Wraith meta, there it be.

Jenni makes me feel tingly, and not the good tingly and not becuz she r gurl.

Dear Wraith,

Your concept on scumhunting is off. Half of scumhunting is finding scums. The other half is convincing people you're right.

Cordially,
WeirdRa head without name representation
^^Scum. Too many excuses in too many areas. He probably, in scum fashion!, thought long and hard about this post and edited lots of stuff to be extra extra careful with this post.

Also possibly tying himself with Wraith.
[/quote]

Y u tryna get in mah head brah?

What's the case on us?

From what I glean.. an IIoA in my first post (This is AGar), and not posting? Anyone who's played a game with me in the past 3 months knows I work the graveyard shift. So I sleep during the day. My posting is often sporadic at best. Get off my nuts. The IIoA was simply because I didn't want to lay a vote without consulting my other head. Meh.

LMP is teh scumz becuz

- Trying to paint Kats up as scum because Kats put him or herself on a list as town.
- Pushing this awful case to ends of the earth.
- Switching based on the weakest tell possible (Congratulating scum)

Kats, u scum becuz of:

- this post
- The over-reaction to me calling both you and LMP scums. Connections aren't always apparent foo.

U mad bro?

SlySly blatant twisting and misrep in 496.

HOLY POST 510

Oh wait, you all saw it. And the thing before it. Le sigh.
gandalf5166 wrote:*sigh*
FTR, I never scumslip. It just doesn't happen. I look at my posts before I make them.
Only scum worry about scumslips enough to edit posts to avoid making scumslips.

Scum.

Meta is fucking garbage.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: gandalf
WeirdRa
WeirdRa
Townie
WeirdRa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #565 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:32 am

Post by WeirdRa »

Oh, that is AGar. FTR. Forgot the sig.
WeirdRa
WeirdRa
Townie
WeirdRa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #566 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:33 am

Post by WeirdRa »

MSG and Katy - likely buddies for Gandalf.
WeirdRa
WeirdRa
Townie
WeirdRa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #615 (isolation #7) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:17 am

Post by WeirdRa »

LynchMePls wrote: This is the second time you call me scum (one you put me on your list 3 times) and this time you even list reasons, but then you vote someone else. What is up with that?

Unvote
Vote: WeirdRa

This needs to happen. Gandalf is for later.
Maybe the "holy 510" should've been in xl font and bold. We'll get to you when there's time.

Gandalf self-meta deserves rope.

My plurality is MIA. Huh.

~AGar
WeirdRa
WeirdRa
Townie
WeirdRa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #618 (isolation #8) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:32 am

Post by WeirdRa »

That implies you joke-claimed because you thought rvs was going to last 10 pages. It didn't look like that to me. If not, then you had no good reason to do that. And why didn't you say meta was useless when you were asked for it? To me, it looks as if you're making this up as you go along. Where is your so called "scum-hunting"? After a look through your ISO, you haven't done much besides the joke-claim, and defending yourself. You've barely given opinions on other people.

As for why I(M=W) haven't posted much in this game is because until recently, we were running things by each other, and AGar was usually the one who posted it.
~M=W
WeirdRa
WeirdRa
Townie
WeirdRa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #631 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:23 am

Post by WeirdRa »

gandalf5166 wrote:I self-meta'd because somebody asked for it. The purpose of the claim D1 is to skip the RVS bullshit. I've had games where RVS went on for almost ten pages, and that's just not funny. Also, I strongly discourage any metaing of me. I'm in 10-12 games at any given point, so my playstyle evolves quickly. The way I played at the beginning of Alphabet or throughout CEBM is nothing like the way I play now. Like the claims. I could point you to several games where I did it, but they're all ongoing and my wiki isn't up to date. At the time of CEBM, I was fairly new to the site, so I took the game "seriously" as soon as RVS was over. What I found was that I was flying under the radar and not garnering any reactions. In other words, I was dead weight to the town. So I decided I would be a little more reckless, that way I can get reactions and do some of my own scumhunting. As far as what reactions I'm looking for, I don't look for specific things. I don't break down posts. I look at the post as a whole, the intent behind the post, and decide if it makes more sense strategically for town or scum to say.
Who asked you to self-meta?
Did they ask unprovoked or did you mention "I do X as Y alignment" prior to it?
Did they ask for links, or for you to meta yourself?

I find self-meta-ing to be a WIFOM distraction at best, scum-driven at worst.

@LMP
Want to do something besides mask your OMGUS? Like a case, perhaps?

The contradictions are lovely though:

This post and the implications of it contradict this post & this post
WeirdRa
WeirdRa
Townie
WeirdRa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #632 (isolation #10) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:25 am

Post by WeirdRa »

^
|
~A
WeirdRa
WeirdRa
Townie
WeirdRa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #713 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by WeirdRa »

LynchMePls wrote:
Mariyta wrote:The interaction between LMP and Weird smells strongly of bussing to me. I don't like either of them. LMP seems to jump from target to target willy nilly and I've already posted my reasons for Weird. Weird has put LMP on their list repeatedly (yet still votes gandalf) and LMP is now OMGUSing Weird, yet neither seems really adamant that the other is scum.
Calling my vote OMGUS is bullshit. He put me on his scum list 3 times in a single post (saying "did I mention LMP is scum") and then voted a wagon instead. Then later he called me definitely scum, and then voted a different wagon. Both of his votes stank to high heaven, and I called him on the discrepency of calling me obv scum but voting someone else.

You people are making me fucking crazy.
Want to respond to my post?

I ain't a plurality right now, not sure what's up there, but basically because of that, you'll get full-on sporadic posting. Enjoy.

I'll say it again.

Gandalf needs rope.

LMP is scum, but so is Gandalf. Gandalf makes a slip. LMP just plays obvscum. You lynch slips first.

Still lovin' the wagon yo. Bring it fools. Keep blindly following Glork and Spy with no coherent semblance of a case goin' on. That's the way to be.
WeirdRa
WeirdRa
Townie
WeirdRa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #714 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by WeirdRa »

^
|
~A
WeirdRa
WeirdRa
Townie
WeirdRa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #771 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:30 am

Post by WeirdRa »

Mariyta wrote:
WeirdRa wrote: Still lovin' the wagon yo. Bring it fools. Keep blindly following Glork and Spy with no coherent semblance of a case goin' on. That's the way to be.
FWIW, my vote has nothing to do with Glork or Spy. I've listed my reasons for voting and they haven't changed.
This is a blatant lie. Go look in her ISO. She's never said why. And now she's lying about having said why.
gandalf5166 wrote:Wait, so the fact that the rules SAY that there's another scumteam make it MORE likely that I slipped, rather than that I made an assumption?
*facepalm*
Yes. If you said that because you saw it in the rules, then you would have pointed it out immediately after being called out on it.

Wraith, what meta are you going off of for AGar? AFAIK, you've only played with him as scum and an ongoing, so how would him acting different than usual make us more likely scum? Wouldn't him acting differently indicate that we're town?

~M=W
WeirdRa
WeirdRa
Townie
WeirdRa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #776 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:59 am

Post by WeirdRa »

Mariyta wrote:
WeirdRa wrote:
Mariyta wrote:
WeirdRa wrote: Still lovin' the wagon yo. Bring it fools. Keep blindly following Glork and Spy with no coherent semblance of a case goin' on. That's the way to be.
FWIW, my vote has nothing to do with Glork or Spy. I've listed my reasons for voting and they haven't changed.
This is a blatant lie. Go look in her ISO. She's never said why. And now she's lying about having said why.
This was just before I voted.
Mariyta ISO#25 wrote:Weird seems noncommittal in their posting. Calls miller claim "peculiar" and says "Gandalf is being gandalf." They put LMP on their scum list 3 times (without giving reasons), but still voted Wraith (the biggest bandwagon).
Perhaps I should have said acceptable reasons. That has been explained as letting people know we're alive while we gather our thoughts. So? All that means is AGar was saying that gandalf always acts like that. I can explain the last one too. We decided together to vote Wraith, then AGar said that about LMP himself, because we discuss it before changing votes.
Mariyta wrote:And here's another reason I'm voting you.
Mariyta ISO#31 wrote:The interaction between LMP and Weird smells strongly of bussing to me. I don't like either of them. LMP seems to jump from target to target willy nilly and I've already posted my reasons for Weird. Weird has put LMP on their list repeatedly (yet still votes gandalf) and LMP is now OMGUSing Weird, yet neither seems really adamant that the other is scum.
You've done nothing that screams town and as pointed out, you really don't seem too concerned about being lynched at this point.
…you have a unexplainable gut read that we're bussing? Plus what's explained earlier. And is being somewhat unconcerned about being lynched a scum-tell? Especially when there's nothing to guarantee that we
are
being lynched?

~M=W
WeirdRa
WeirdRa
Townie
WeirdRa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #880 (isolation #15) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by WeirdRa »

I thought AGar was going to claim, seems he thought I was going to.
ME, there is no good reason to hammer us if we don't claim in the next hour. Suppose we were both away from the computer?
We are Gimli, the cop.

~M=W

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”