Newbie 1010 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:09 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Olinea wrote: I believe everyone is a little bit scummy, as I have no way of knowing who is and who isn't.
Seriously then, why did you only toss out a couple things about everyone, and then choose to vote one of the town's two top suspects, instead of anyone else? Was that just coincidence?

Oh right...you were "worried about the deadline... which is ten days away" XD
Razgriz
Razgriz
Goon
Razgriz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:47 am

Post by Razgriz »

I'm re-reading. I gotta clear my head out and see what I can find
Show
We'll put a boot in your ass it's the American way!
Roll Tide Roll #1 Alabama 4-0 this season
Mafiascum Record:
Town 1-1
Mafia 0-0
3rd Party 0-0

All-Time Record
Town 5-3
Mafia 4-3
3rd Party 3-1
Jester(Still part of 3rd party): 1-0

Olinea: "But I'll only stop scumhunting when I'm dead."
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:53 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
Razgriz (3): silverbullet999, Vincius Chaim, neil1113
Vinicius Chaim (2): Razgriz, Olinea
Yoenit (1): Catterpillar
Civil Scum (1): Yoenit
Olinea (0): No one
nevermind (0): No one
silverbullet999 (0): No one
neil1113 (0): No one
Catterpillar (0): No one

Not voting (2): nevermind, Civil Scum

With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch.

Deadline Vote Count:
Vinicius Chaim (2): Razgriz, Olinea
Civil Scum (1): Yoenit
Yoenit (0): No one
Olinea (0): No one
nevermind (0): No one
silverbullet999 (0): No one
neil1113 (0): No one
Catterpillar (0): No one

Not voting (2): nevermind, Civil Scum

With 1 not having posted within the last 48 hours, 0 currently being replaced, and 0 who have requested to not have their vote counted for deadline purposes; 8 votes would be counted if deadline was now, and therefore it would take 5 votes to lynch. Deadline: September 30th@10:00 AM EDT/GMT-4 (2:00 PM GMT). A countdown to deadline can be found here

Prodding Catterpillar.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:22 am

Post by Olinea »

Civil Scum wrote:
Olinea wrote: I believe everyone is a little bit scummy, as I have no way of knowing who is and who isn't.
Seriously then, why did you only toss out a couple things about everyone, and then choose to vote one of the town's two top suspects, instead of anyone else? Was that just coincidence?

Oh right...you were "worried about the deadline... which is ten days away" XD
You are, once again, dealing with extremes, and assuming I put everyone on the exact same ground and don't suspect anyone above anyone else. That is a ridiculous way to play.

Oh, and while we're at it, mind explaining this little gem I just caught?
Civil Scum wrote:Alsright, here's an explanation for you, and for everyone. Raz has been my number 1 suspect on and off. He has the most evidence against him. The other people voting him are some of my stronger town reads.
Carefully read the last sentence of that.
Civil Scum wrote:My next 3 suspects would have to be Olinea, Silver (for being too buddy/friendly), and Neil.
bird1111 wrote:
Vote Count:
Ladies and gentlemen, Civil appears to be claiming that he gets town reads from those who are voting Razgriz, such as silverbullet and neil. Now, if we take a look at his top suspects... oh! What is this?
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Razgriz
Razgriz
Goon
Razgriz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by Razgriz »

Ok so this is turning out to be VERY intresting. Thoughts to come......later. Eating then getting stuff ready for hockey
Show
Mafiascum Record:
Town 1-1
Mafia 0-0
3rd Party 0-0

All-Time Record
Town 5-3
Mafia 4-3
3rd Party 3-1

Vinicius Chaim
Vinicius Chaim
Townie
Vinicius Chaim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by Vinicius Chaim »

it's almost the 10th post Raz says he's preparing something...
Razgriz
Razgriz
Goon
Razgriz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by Razgriz »

No this is the first time I have said that this game. So don't try to make-up shit for your "case" against me.

Thoughts next post(Which should be in like 10 minutes)
Show
Mafiascum Record:
Town 1-1
Mafia 0-0
3rd Party 0-0

All-Time Record
Town 5-3
Mafia 4-3
3rd Party 3-1

Razgriz
Razgriz
Goon
Razgriz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by Razgriz »

Olinea wrote:nd I'd think if Raz flips scum I'd be the one in hot water, since I'm openly saying VC is scummier than Raz to me. If VC got lynched and flipped scum, you'd be in trouble, Civil.
Olinea wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, Civil appears to be claiming that he gets town reads from those who are voting Razgriz, such as silverbullet and neil. Now, if we take a look at his top suspects... oh! What is this?
Now this is an agreeable point. I didn't catch that, but that definately landed some scum points for CS in my Word Doc.
Vinicius Chaim wrote:it's almost the 10th post Raz says he's preparing something...
Now looking at this, it seems that he is trying to make it
look
like VC is contributing, but right now it seems he is flying under the radar...
neil1113 wrote:If Raz flips town, I've got some reading to do as well. I would be truly shocked though. As for Chaim, I'm not as convinced he's scum as I am Raz so if Chaim gets lynched and turns up town, I'm going to have a new respect for Civil.
Ok and now we ha-Hold the phone. Folks we interrupt this program to bring you some breaking news: Apparently I am a 100% lynch person and will be lynched later. I mean wtf...? What do you mean by that? Do you mean that you are 110% SURE that I will be lynched?
Vinicius Chaim wrote:2) I had only accused raz till now cause he's the only "very" scum read by now( I have another two slight town read, maybe they get an analysis in this weekend[or not =P]) and I'm not experienced enough to read every "between lines" tells...
I wish you could provide evidence other than me unvoting on neil(Which I don't see how that is scummy) and the fact that I forgot I made neil my #1 earlier. Bottom line is he isn't my #1 anymore.
neil1113 wrote:Also, Civil it'd be very unwise to not answer Yoenit's questions when Yoenit actually did bring up some excellent points.
Thowing this out there: Are you like trying to talk to a possible scumbuddy during the day so he doesn't weaken cases against innocents, or be accused himself anymore? Not accusing, just saying
Show
Mafiascum Record:
Town 1-1
Mafia 0-0
3rd Party 0-0

All-Time Record
Town 5-3
Mafia 4-3
3rd Party 3-1

Razgriz
Razgriz
Goon
Razgriz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by Razgriz »

Ah teh first quote wasn't sposed to be there.

Mod: Can you take that quote out? I thought I had deleted it from my post
Show
Mafiascum Record:
Town 1-1
Mafia 0-0
3rd Party 0-0

All-Time Record
Town 5-3
Mafia 4-3
3rd Party 3-1

Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:46 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

vote: Olinea

Using an attack, as if it was an actual defense. Oldest trick in the book brah...
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Olinea »

Civil Scum wrote:
vote: Olinea

Using an attack, as if it was an actual defense. Oldest trick in the book brah...
You do realize how hypocritical that statement was, right?

You read my post, right? The one about how you see neil and silverbullet as both top suspects and how you're getting town reads from them? And now you think you can adequately defend youself by placing a vote on me, the ultimate attack in the entire freakin' game of Mafia. You have contradicted yourself once again and I have no doubt you will shrug this post off without a comment, just as you have done with others.

You want me to take my vote off of Chaim? You think there are better targets out there? That I shouldn't be throwing my vote around without evidence? Fine.

Unvote

Vote: Civil Scum

Go ahead. Call it the biggest freakin' OMGUS you've ever seen. But you've been targetting me nonstop ever since I put Chaim at L-1, you attacked me for it, then put Raz at L-1 and claimed it was because he'd been your top suspect on and off. You know what that translates to? "Sometimes I think he is scum, sometims I think he is town". And wordy nothingness is a trick that only works on people who can't read in between the lines.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

oooo Things are getting interesting... however i'm tired as F***

UNVOTE:
more analysis from me later... much much later today.
... People were right it seems....
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:20 pm

Post by neil1113 »

What are we missing? The scum is either doing an amazing job confusing the town, or they're just sitting back and letting us go at each other for no apparent reason.

Also Raz, no that had nothing to do with "defending" Yoenit. I simply stated he had a good point. If I said you had a good point, that doesn't mean I think you're town, it just means... well... that you made a good point. I wouldn't go off and assume things just yet Raz.

Civil, I'm begging you post something worthy of a defense against Oli, otherwise you're pushing the top of my list...

And there is Silver's random post. Curiosity is beckoning me Silver...
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:27 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

Curiosity is beckoning me Silver...
Tomorrow I post my thoughts...

WHY AM I STILL UP!? -_-
... People were right it seems....
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:06 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Olinea wrote: [you] put Raz at L-1 and claimed it was because he'd been your top suspect on and off. You know what that translates to? "Sometimes I think he is scum, sometims I think he is town".
That's somehow an unreasonable way for a townie to feel about another player?
You're such scum.
Neil wrote: Civil, I'm begging you post something worthy of a defense against Oli, otherwise you're pushing the top of my list...
Then you're not paying good enough attention.

Once again, If you think that your vote is a Top-1 list, then vote Olinea. Otherwise ask yourself again.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:19 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

I'd like to know how Yoenit feels about Olinea piggy-backing and following his vote. Especially after Olinea basically said in Post 447, that he was going to wait for a while and then vote for me.
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:55 pm

Post by neil1113 »

Civil Scum wrote:
Neil wrote: Civil, I'm begging you post something worthy of a defense against Oli, otherwise you're pushing the top of my list...
Then you're not paying good enough attention.

Once again, If you think that your vote is a Top-1 list, then vote Olinea. Otherwise ask yourself again.
I don't mind you getting smart with others, but when you refer to me that way... you'll make me respond, and sometimes it may not be for your liking. Just for future reference.

"Good enough attention."

I've payed enough attention to know that you still have yet to give a defense to the accusations thrown your way. All you've done is "vote" which isn't a defense even in the least bit. If I'm wrong, show me?

"Once again,"

Here is a quick grammar lesson Civil. "Once again" refers to a previous statement, in other words saying "I've told you this once, I'll tell you this again..." Now to my understanding, you have yet to talk to me about a Top-1 list. So "once again" would be a very misleading way to phrase your sentence, one in which you admit to making a grammatical mistake, or you purposefully phrased it that way to either make me seem suspicious or to lure your way out of the accusing minds that are looking at you right now, without actually having to address the issue at hand. In court, this is called "lack of defense" which means you'd be found guilty if you tried this in court.

Also, if you're pertaining to me HAVING a Top-1 list, then it's obvious who hasn't been paying attention. I've already made it very clear there are main people at the top of my list, (grammar lesson 2, notice the word "people" meaning... more then one) and several others who are causing suspicion in my eyes. This, I'm sure even Chaim recognized.

Mafia Lesson now:

Kids, what is it called when you fight an accusation, with an accusation rather then a defense? Ah, that's right. A WIFOM.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-

Me=Weird
-
Yoenit
Yoenit
Townie
Yoenit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:46 pm

Post by Yoenit »

Civil Scum wrote:I'd like to know how Yoenit feels about Olinea piggy-backing and following his vote. Especially after Olinea basically said in Post 447, that he was going to wait for a while and then vote for me.
Well honestly, you voted for him first. I think it was more a response to that than anything I posted. Haven't properly the new posts since my last vote though, so there might be something I am missing.
neil1113 wrote:Kids, what is it called when you fight an accusation, with an accusation rather then a defense? Ah, that's right. A WIFOM.
Thats not how I understand WIFOM from https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... ront_Of_Me
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:17 pm

Post by neil1113 »

Hmm. "Turning the tables around to dodge the question."

I was looking at it in the sense of "Oh wow, he took the accusation, turned around and accused him back with an accusation of his own instead of answering it! It's like a big circle!" In which I used a "circle" to describe WIFOM to me. I probably got that confused because of my weak explanation in my head. Sorry.

Or maybe I'm just tired. That could very well be it too.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-

Me=Weird
-
Vinicius Chaim
Vinicius Chaim
Townie
Vinicius Chaim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:40 pm

Post by Vinicius Chaim »

civil-oli argument is getting interesting, I think it's my turn to read and pay atention...
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:18 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Neil wrote: I've payed enough attention to know that you still have yet to give a defense to the accusations thrown your way. All you've done is "vote" which isn't a defense even in the least bit. If I'm wrong, show me?
I've offered the form and structure of my defense against Yoenit's accusations. As for Olinea's, I'd rather wait on that until someone can explain how 'changing your mind' is scummy. Since Olinea placed the L-1 vote, and the manner in which he did it, it's only become more and more obvious to me that he's scum. As I mentioned earlier, this didn't happen until then, and at that point I was required to drastically reassess my view of this game.

If Olinea wants to claim that older posts like that contradict present posts, well, that's his own problem.

Changing your vote is not like naming someone your top suspect and then ignoring them for ten pages and then saying that they still might be your top suspect (as in the case of Raz). There's nothing inherently scummy about changing your mind.
Neil wrote: Here is a quick grammar lesson Civil. "Once again" refers to a previous statement, in other words saying "I've told you this once, I'll tell you this again..."
Well, it did refer to a previous statement...so, nevermind.
Neil wrote: "Turning the tables around to dodge the question."
I would call it a "point back". But it's definitely not WIFOM.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:21 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Oh Olinea, jeez I almost forgot.

You didn't give me my homework. What's my thing that I have to do to provide you with the satisfation necessary to get your vote off me?

Or did you place VC at L-1 thinking he was way less scummier than me?

What's my thing that I have to do?
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:11 am

Post by Olinea »

Civil Scum wrote:
Olinea wrote: [you] put Raz at L-1 and claimed it was because he'd been your top suspect on and off. You know what that translates to? "Sometimes I think he is scum, sometims I think he is town".
That's somehow an unreasonable way for a townie to feel about another player?
You're such scum.
Well, who could've predicted Civil would toss out that argument that isn't even a page old? Or is that too "old" to be brought up anymore? Is it a good defense to bury any atacks on you so they are so far back that they can't possibly be true, even if they're less than a day old?
Civil Scum wrote:If Olinea wants to claim that older posts like that contradict present posts, well, that's his own problem.
Apparently I'm not the only one with that problem.
Civil Scum wrote:I'd like to know how Yoenit feels about Olinea piggy-backing and following his vote. Especially after Olinea basically said in Post 447, that he was going to wait for a while and then vote for me.
Civil Scum wrote:
Neil wrote: I've payed enough attention to know that you still have yet to give a defense to the accusations thrown your way. All you've done is "vote" which isn't a defense even in the least bit. If I'm wrong, show me?
As for Olinea's, I'd rather wait on that until someone can explain how 'changing your mind' is scummy.
Changing your mind is not scummy. Changing your mind and then backing it up with only “The oldest trick in the book” (Oh, sorry, that post is far too old to be used, we’re dealing with
current
posts, y’know? Ones which have only been posted in the past 5 minutes) by your side is scummy.
Civil Scum wrote:Oh Olinea, jeez I almost forgot.

You didn't give me my homework. What's my thing that I have to do to provide you with the satisfation necessary to get your vote off me?

Or did you place VC at L-1 thinking he was way less scummier than me?

What's my thing that I have to do?
Last time I did that, you complained about… what was it again?
Civil Scum wrote:Handing over responsibility for your vote to the person you're voting...
Oh, yeah.
GreyICE:
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:56 am

Post by Civil Scum »

You didn't give me my thing.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:59 am

Post by bird1111 »

Bumping the Vote Count onto the next page.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”