Newbie 1010 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by Olinea »

His only recent defense of himself is posting reasons to lynch Raz over him. There are two mafia, and so he should have more than one suspect. If he can only pull evidence against one person, it makes him a good lynch candidate.

If you're referring to what "this" is, I voted for him; he's at L-1.

Vote Count as of Post 442:
Razgriz (4): silverbullet999, Vincius Chaim, neil1113, Civil Scum
Vinicius Chaim (2): Razgriz, Olinea
Yoenit (1): Catterpillar
Civil Scum (1): Yoenit
Olinea (0): No one
nevermind (0): No one
silverbullet999 (0): No one
neil1113 (0): No one
Catterpillar (0): No one

Not voting (1): nevermind

With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch.

Deadline Vote Count:
Yoenit (0): No one

With 1 not having posted within the last 48 hours, 0 currently being replaced, and 0 who have requested to not have their vote counted for deadline purposes; 8 votes would be counted if deadline was now, and therefore it would take 5 votes to lynch. Deadline: September 30th@8:00 AM EDT/GMT-4 (12:00 PM GMT). A countdown to deadline can be found here
Last edited by bird1111 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Couldn't he be a newbie townie, and not be able to do that? Or really be lost?

And him "rectifying" that would convince you he was town?
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:13 pm

Post by Olinea »

I'm a newbie Townie, and I'm still dissecting.

It convinces me that he can be useful to the town. As it is, people suspect him as scum; if he flips town, it's not like we lost a well of information. He's gotta convince me that that second part is untrue.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Olinea wrote: As it is, people suspect him as scum
Yes, we do. You don't? Yet you're voting for him?
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by Olinea »

I've suspected him as scum for a while. Reread my posts. I finally acted on it because I'm slightly concerned about the deadline, even though I know that's irrational because it's 10 days away, and because I, and likely a good number of us, would like to know who he's pointing fingers at and why.
GreyICE:
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:42 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

You've "said" that you "do." Sounds like this deadline reason is something you just invented in order to pre-empt pressure for the vote you foresee in the future.

Just before you said this, you said VC being able to do that would convince you that he would be useful to the town, not that you wouldn't think he was scum. You see how those things are different?
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

unvote

vote: Raz

Fos: Olinea
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:59 pm

Post by Olinea »

Civil Scum wrote:You've "said" that you "do." Sounds like this deadline reason is something you just invented in order to pre-empt pressure for the vote you foresee in the future.

Just before you said this, you said VC being able to do that would convince you that he would be useful to the town, not that you wouldn't think he was scum. You see how those things are different?
I've got conditions to take it off. The ball's in his court.

I see how they're different, yeah. But if I was 100% sure that he was scum I'd have put this up a long time ago.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:04 pm

Post by Olinea »

Civil Scum wrote:
unvote

Well, that was abrupt.
GreyICE:
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:18 pm

Post by neil1113 »

Oli, with 10 days to deadline do you really believe putting him at L-1 is a smart thing to do? (Granted, Civil removed his vote thus removing the L-1 status off of Chaim and now putting it onto Raz which brings me to my second thing...)

Civil, why exactly did you change your vote so sudden, I know you've suspected Raz this whole game so I'm not suspicious of this move so much as I am curious as to know what "nailed the coffin" so to speak?
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:05 pm

Post by Olinea »

The vote was placed because he analyzed only one person. As I keep saying, ferreting out one scum is helpful, but doesn't end the game. There are two of 'em out there, and if he can only get evidence against one, it shows he's holding back. There are still seven more people he could dissect. A "Top 1" list, in my book, isn't very useful because you're essentially saying "If we get one scum, we win". If he gets reads on others, I'll be inclined to believe that he can be of usefulness to the town. Hell, even if they're against me, it shows he's thinking.

Civil, let me add another question to your workload. Suppose Raz gets hammered and flips town, and then scum decide, for some reason, to kill me at night. Who're your next two targets? I don't mean to phrase it like "Who are your #3 and #4, then?", because that's not what I'm trying to find out, but I'd like to see the response.
GreyICE:
Yoenit
Yoenit
Townie
Yoenit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Post by Yoenit »

VOTE: unvote vote Civil scum

I will post a detailed explanation later today, when I got time.

Also, is everybody aware Razgriz is currently at L-1?
Yoenit
Yoenit
Townie
Yoenit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:53 pm

Post by Yoenit »

hmm, that did not come out the way I expected. Just for clarity, I meant:

unvote Vinicius Chaim

VOTE: Civil Scum
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:06 pm

Post by neil1113 »

Oli,
I understand that, but what if someone new(er) comes on and nails the hammering vote on Chaim, only for Chaim to come up town? What would you do in that position?

Hmm, interesting vote choice Yoenit. Also, I'm very aware that there are 4 votes on Raz and Raz is at L-1. I'm comfortable with that, because out of everybody right now Raz would be my highest suspicion rated person. Evidentially, 3 others believe that too. Though I will admit, unless you have pretty damning evidence against him, I'm going to be looking at you for trying to change suspicions off of two VERY likely scum suspects... >_>
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
Vinicius Chaim
Vinicius Chaim
Townie
Vinicius Chaim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:33 pm

Post by Vinicius Chaim »

Olinea wrote:The vote was placed because he analyzed only one person. As I keep saying, ferreting out one scum is helpful, but doesn't end the game. There are two of 'em out there, and if he can only get evidence against one, it shows he's holding back. There are still seven more people he could dissect. A "Top 1" list, in my book, isn't very useful because you're essentially saying "If we get one scum, we win". If he gets reads on others, I'll be inclined to believe that he can be of usefulness to the town. Hell, even if they're against me, it shows he's thinking.
Oli, we can't lynch too people in the same day, so why would I accuse 2 people at the same time? just to get more enemies and die easier during night 1?
and you're falling in your own accusation, I didn't see you point your finger to anyone but me...(correct me if I'm wrong)
Vinicius Chaim
Vinicius Chaim
Townie
Vinicius Chaim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:34 pm

Post by Vinicius Chaim »

I meant TWO* people in the beginning
Razgriz
Razgriz
Goon
Razgriz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:47 am

Post by Razgriz »

Civil Scum wrote:
unvote

Uh reasons?
Show
We'll put a boot in your ass it's the American way!
Roll Tide Roll #1 Alabama 4-0 this season
Mafiascum Record:
Town 1-1
Mafia 0-0
3rd Party 0-0

All-Time Record
Town 5-3
Mafia 4-3
3rd Party 3-1
Jester(Still part of 3rd party): 1-0

Olinea: "But I'll only stop scumhunting when I'm dead."
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:03 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
Yoenit (1): Catterpillar

With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch.

Deadline Vote Count:
Yoenit (0): No one

With 1 not having posted within the last 48 hours, 0 currently being replaced, and 0 who have requested to not have their vote counted for deadline purposes; 8 votes would be counted if deadline was now, and therefore it would take 5 votes to lynch. Deadline: September 30th@8:00 AM EDT/GMT-4 (12:00 PM GMT). A countdown to deadline can be found here
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:43 am

Post by Olinea »

Vinicius Chaim wrote:and you're falling in your own accusation, I didn't see you point your finger to anyone but me...(correct me if I'm wrong)
Really?
Vinicius Chaim wrote:and now Oli, accusing everybody like a blind-shooter in the middle of the dark...
If this is out of context, tell me.

As for the whole "can't pull two lynches in one day", it's not about trying to get two in one day. It's just that you can't stop playing even if we do lynch one. That's why people do breakdowns. That's why Civil Scum has voted Raz and FoS'ed me. Tunnelling (Trying to exclusively target one person for a long period of time) isn't necessary, but staying with the group and responding to what's happening is important.
GreyICE:
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:44 am

Post by Olinea »

And also, I'd think having a few enemies would INCREASE your chances of staying alive Night 1. Having enemies makes you look scummy, and scum need red herrings.
GreyICE:
Yoenit
Yoenit
Townie
Yoenit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:51 am

Post by Yoenit »

Allright, like I promised, my explanation for why I changed my vote to Civil Scum. Neil's reply to my vote might give some insight in that:
neil1113 wrote:Hmm, interesting vote choice Yoenit. Also, I'm very aware that there are 4 votes on Raz and Raz is at L-1. I'm comfortable with that, because out of everybody right now Raz would be my highest suspicion rated person. Evidentially, 3 others believe that too. Though I will admit, unless you have pretty damning evidence against him,
I'm going to be looking at you for trying to change suspicions off of two VERY likely scum suspects
... >_>
Notice the bolded part, that is more or less what I am gonna accuse Civil of now. In his case however he is not drawing away attention from two scum suspects, but just from one : Vinicius Chaim.

Lets start at the beginning:
post 404:
Civil Scum wrote: I think that Yoenit, Nevermind, and probably Catepillar are okay. But
I really think that one of Raz and Vincius has to be scum
(obviously I've been wrong before), and it seems quite possible to me at this point that they both are.
naming his probably townies and most likely suspects. Notice especially the bolded part.

post 405:
Civil Scum wrote:And
vote: Vincius Chaim

Aw crap, I already am on the vote count :(
here we have Civil reinforcing his vote on VC, then being disappointed that he was already voting for him. A honest mistake? or something else? If he had not been already on the vote count he would have put VC at L-1 right here.

post 412:
Civil Scum wrote:I think if VC flips town somehow then the scum are likely to be Olinea and Nevermind, possibly Yoenit.
What the hell? what happened to "I really think that one of Raz and Vincius has to be scum"? Suddenly two of his probable villagers are named as likely scum and Razgriz seems to be totally ignored. I have no idea why I am included, but what he does here with Olinea and Nevermind is really slick: he names two people who have recently posted they are suspicious of VC but have not yet voted for him because they did not want to put him at L-1:

post 384:
nevermind wrote:
Dislikes reading long posts yet creates them. Fantastic. I'm getting slightly town on him.
Nevermind, might I ask why didn't you vote VC in #28 when you unvoted in the same post?
Didn't vote since I didn't want to put him at L-1 (i think he was at L-2 at the time I fos'd him)
And everyone hates reading long posts right? :D
post 388:
Olinea wrote:Chaim's on my radar, I don't know if his defenses are lacking because of the language barrier or the inexperience. He hasn't done anything recently to make me go as far as to push him to L-1. I can't let the whole "He's new here" thing get in the way of voting, because he has just as good of a chance as anyone else to be scum.
By calling them likely scum if VC is town he cleverly dares them to put their vote on VC "prove their innocence". Olinea apparently picks up on this and does so not much later:

post 421:
Olinea wrote:Chaim, if you're gonna tell us "I get Town vibes from everyone", maybe L-1 will motivate you to dissect and find at least one scum target.

Vote: Vinicius Chaim
Now all of a sudden Civil Scum seems to think Vinicius Chaim should not be at L-1, while he tried to put him there himself a few posts back. Instead he starts attacking Olinea for voting VC, using "he is just a newbie, he can't play the game very well yet" as a defense argument.

post 426:
Civil Scum wrote:Couldn't he be a newbie townie, and not be able to do that? Or really be lost?

And him "rectifying" that would convince you he was town?
then switches off VC to Raz, putting him at L-1 without a proper explanation why he thinks Raz belongs there, while FoS'ing Olinea at the same time.

post 431:
Civil Scum wrote:
unvote

Ladies & gentlemen (or actually only gentlemen I think), what I believe you have just witnessed is scum very smoothly setting up somebody to L-1, then suddenly switching off himself while crying "scum!" against the last voter and putting somebody else at L-1 without explanation.

But why would he do that?
- Lets say VC is lynched and turns up town: Civil can now say he switched off in time and point at Olinea as likely wolf, hiding his own part in getting VC to L-1 in the first place.

- Lets say Raz is lynched and turns up town: Civil says now he has suspected him all along and just did not put his vote on earlier because of the VC stuff, which is a very reasonable argument and not particulary scummy. He also gets a lot of friend points from VC this way and can just get him lynched the next day. This option is not as good as the first one, but he might actually count on people jumping off Raz as a result of his sudden vote.

When does this theory fail:
When either VC or Raz is lynched and turns up scum. I still think both are decent scum suspects, they are just not compatible with Civil being scum as well.
Yoenit
Yoenit
Townie
Yoenit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:54 am

Post by Yoenit »

Yoenit wrote:Allright, like I promised, my explanation for why I changed my vote to Civil Scum. Neil's reply to my vote might give some insight in that:
neil1113 wrote:Hmm, interesting vote choice Yoenit. Also, I'm very aware that there are 4 votes on Raz and Raz is at L-1. I'm comfortable with that, because out of everybody right now Raz would be my highest suspicion rated person. Evidentially, 3 others believe that too. Though I will admit, unless you have pretty damning evidence against him,
I'm going to be looking at you for trying to change suspicions off of two VERY likely scum suspects
... >_>
Notice the bolded part, that is more or less what I am gonna accuse Civil of now. In his case however he is not drawing away attention from two scum suspects, but just from one : Vinicius Chaim.
This is not correct, when I started writing the argument I thought VC was scum, but I later realized that would make no sense. I forgot to change this part of my post however.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:20 am

Post by Olinea »

I'm still gonna wait on his reasons for calling me scum for putting VC at L-1 and then immediately taking his vote off of VC and putting Raz at L-1 without ANY explanation.

Scummy when I put VC at L-1. Not scummy to put Raz at L-1.
GreyICE:
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:25 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Olinea wrote: I've got conditions to take it off. The ball's in his court.
Handing over responsibility for your vote to the person you're voting...
Olinea wrote: I see how they're different, yeah. But if I was 100% sure that he was scum I'd have put this up a long time ago.
Misleading. When did I (or anyone for the matter) say you have to be 100% sure about anything?
Neil wrote: Civil, why exactly did you change your vote so sudden?
I'm uncomfortable with my vote on VC atm because Olinea's vote is backed by such suspicious reasons

Go Yoenit, Go for it!
Yoenit
Yoenit
Townie
Yoenit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:37 am

Post by Yoenit »

Civil Scum wrote:
Olinea wrote: I've got conditions to take it off. The ball's in his court.
Handing over responsibility for your vote to the person you're voting...
No, clearly explaining what he can do about it, instead of voting somebody without an explanation like you did...
Civil Scum wrote:
Neil wrote: Civil, why exactly did you change your vote so sudden?
I'm uncomfortable with my vote on VC atm because Olinea's vote is backed by such suspicious reasons
Please also explain why you put it on Raz instead of just unvoting.

Civil Scum wrote:Go Yoenit, Go for it!
I would rather you focus on answering questions then posting fake encouragements like this.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”