Newbie 1010 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:17 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
Yoenit (2): Razgriz, Ups
Spadille (1): Yoenit
Civil Scum (1): nevermind
Razgriz (1): Civil Scum
Ups (1): neil1113
Vinicius Chaim (0): No one
nevermind (0): No one
silverbullet999 (0): No one

Not voting (3): Vincius Chaim, Spadille, silverbullet999

With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch.

Deadline Vote Count:
Yoenit (2): Razgriz, Ups
Civil Scum (1): nevermind
Razgriz (1): Civil Scum
Ups (1): neil1113
Vinicius Chaim (0): No one
nevermind (0): No one
silverbullet999 (0): No one

Not voting (3): Vincius Chaim, Spadille, silverbullet999

With 1 not having posted within the last 48 hours, 0 currently requesting replacement, and 0 who have requested to not have their vote counted for deadline purposes; 8 votes would be counted if deadline was now, and therefore it would take 5 votes to lynch. Deadline: September 30th@8:00 AM EDT/GMT-4 (12:00 PM GMT). A countdown to deadline can be found here
Last edited by bird1111 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:44 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

-Raz
It wasn't just that. Most of it was the fact that you hadn't been active and I was disappionted in the answers. Also I did take it seriously on the answers to nevermind's Q's
Ok taking the answers aside. The big reason you find me scum was because of inactivity... thus just like ups I must ask, why does me being inactive make me more scummy then yoenit?
It's hard to explain. In one way I feel that you are scum, but in another way I don't have that feeling that I always get when I'm 95%+ sure that they are scum so I'm not really pressuring since the only real scumtells that really ain't much are the lack of activity(Ok so maybe that is bigger than I am giving credit) and the answers to the Q's(Which I took for serious at the time, now not really, although I still don't like em)
Now according to this... it's a slight scum read... if I am taking this correctly you have a slight scum read because of inactivity and my answers. Now if this is the case... why then did you state
silverbullet999 (SE)-Scum read mainly because of lack of activity(Although he did say why it's just that you shoulda been checking) and lack of contribution. Don't like the answers that he gave to nevermind's Q's at all. If it was RVS all the time then that would be bad. Also don't like how he only skimmed. Agree with him on the avi thing. Overall scum
(I fixed the last part as you mentioned you meant scum, was originally neutral). This seems like a certain read to me like your >50% sure i'm scum.

Lastly if you are unsure if i'm scum or not... why WOULDN'T you pressure me to get a better read on me?

Time to get the BandWagon on the up

VOTE: Razgriz
... People were right it seems....
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:12 am

Post by Civil Scum »

bird1111 wrote: Fixed a tag.
Much thanks
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:27 am

Post by neil1113 »

Civil,

I purposefully put the target on me at the beginning by speaking out a lot. Here are my two MAIN reasons:

1. So that people would question me, thus giving me a chance to show how I play early on in the game that way later on when I do something, it wouldn't be counted "weird" or "scummy" if I've been playing a certain way the whole game, make sense? Which is also, if you read my posts carefully, why I am repetitive at times.

2. My goal is for the WHOLE town to win, not "just for me." I wanted to get somebody "out" of their protective lurking / not saying much spell. What I mean by that is if I could get someone to target me actively and start a debate between the two, I figured based upon the way they fight and argue, I'd be able to tell if they are town or scum. And if not, somebody who is carefully reading over the conversation might catch something I missed (which I believe it was Raz who did, could be wrong..) and get a scum out of here. Several people targeted me when I put myself out there, which to be honest.. I liked. But everyones argument against me (for the few who were outspoken with it) they each had either a valid point, or when I made my defense, they got a read out of me that showed them I wasn't scum, or wasn't the most likely candidate at the time. However, there was one person who kept trying to get this "bandwagon" on me even though I've answered each question that's come my way, and "cleared my name" for the moment amongst most people, which to me seemed a bit scummish to still try and challenge me... that is, unless he had a valid point to argue. Which, with Ups, he didn't. And I'm pretty sure he's scum based upon a couple reasons, which I'll openly explain, but direct the explanation to him so he's clear as to what my accusations against him are.

But I can totally see your point Civil in your argument against Raz, though my gut and suspicions say to stay with Ups for the moment. For the records Ups, to clarify a bit why I'm voting for you...

It seems like your reasoning to vote for me was a stretch at the least, if not a flat out lie. From what I know, you were voting for me for no real reason other then (from page 6, the last time I think he said anything...) the fact that you had no other real scum and that you didn't like how I said your name when I was talking to you which, for the record.. I already explained why I did that and as I reread it, I didn't think it'd be THAT hard to understand why I did it. So you saying it sounds scummish to do what I did, sounds like a bit of a stretch for me to believe. Then you make the accusation, that I'm only voting for you because you voted for me. Which at the time, I only wanted you to speak. But now, this is truly a vote for you. In fact, I'm pretty confident with where my vote is concerning you.

Also, it seems like a scum move to quickly change your vote to somebody who has been lurking for whatever reason, and can't really defend themselves when the person you were accusing "still seems scum to you" as you put it, but you decide to drop it for the sake of a lurker. If somebody seemed scum to me, like you do... I'm not going to change my vote to Yoenit even though yes, he is lurking and yes, that does bother me a bit. Though I can assure you, until you're either out of the picture, or you clear your name... then my vote will stay with you. If you do clear your name, or you do get lynched, then I will more actively look at Yoenit.

Which reminds me, Yoenit:

Why have you been lurking (I've seen you on a couple times) but not said anything?
You do realize you're planting a big "I AM SCUM" sign on your back?
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:31 am

Post by neil1113 »

Also Bird, your vote count is off. I believe you missed Ups post, as he changed his vote to Civil not myself.

Vote Count fixed.
Last edited by bird1111 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-

Me=Weird
-
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:37 am

Why have you been lurking (I've seen you on a couple times) but not said anything?
Neil I'm gonna say this again... you should not count on seeing someone on as evidence of them lurking and what not.
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:43 am

Post by neil1113 »

Well since you called me out on it, I guess I'll have to ruin my plan so that you can understand what I'm saying a little better... thanks Silver. >_>

What I was attempting to do, which probably would've worked if you hadn't said anything, was try and have Yoenit respond out of "Why are you lurking" rather than "Why have you not said anything yet?" It's very simple to respond to why you haven't said anything yet, but when someone thinks they've been outed for lurking, then they will respond slightly differently, but different enough that it just might give away something....

ALSO, sorry. I meant Ups changed his vote to Yoenit, not Civil. :)
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-

Me=Weird
-
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:48 am

Well see, I'd still consider him lurking... but my argument is that seeing him online doesn't mean anything. (I consider a lurker someone who is inactive for a couple of days or more)
Vinicius Chaim
Vinicius Chaim
Townie
Vinicius Chaim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by Vinicius Chaim »

anyway, I don't like yoenit's act's so far, he doesn't even explain why he's not posting or anything else
so, he's now my top scum suspect(now, ahead my top suspect[I think it's not the time to put all my thoughts in the table])
so
VOTE: Yoenit
nevermind
nevermind
Goon
nevermind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by nevermind »

note: L-2, no more votes.
Razgriz
Razgriz
Goon
Razgriz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by Razgriz »

silverbullet999 wrote:Time to get the BandWagon on the up
Er what? You WANT to bandwagon?
FoS silverbullet
Show
We'll put a boot in your ass it's the American way!
Roll Tide Roll #1 Alabama 4-0 this season
Mafiascum Record:
Town 1-1
Mafia 0-0
3rd Party 0-0

All-Time Record
Town 5-3
Mafia 4-3
3rd Party 3-1
Jester(Still part of 3rd party): 1-0

Olinea: "But I'll only stop scumhunting when I'm dead."
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:55 pm

-Raz
Er what? You WANT to bandwagon? FoS silverbullet
1. Way to COMPLETELY IGNORE the questions I present to you in that same post.
2. Do you think I'm bandwagoning you, because that is what your question is implying?
Razgriz
Razgriz
Goon
Razgriz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Razgriz »

silverbullet999 wrote:1. Way to COMPLETELY IGNORE the questions I present to you in that same post.
My mistake :oops:

2. Do you think I'm bandwagoning you, because that is what your question is implying?
I'm not sure what you mean by this Q. Can you elaborate?
silverbullet999 wrote:-Raz
It wasn't just that. Most of it was the fact that you hadn't been active and I was disappionted in the answers. Also I did take it seriously on the answers to nevermind's Q's
Ok taking the answers aside. The big reason you find me scum was because of inactivity... thus just like ups I must ask, why does me being inactive make me more scummy then yoenit?
At the time yeonit was active.

It's hard to explain. In one way I feel that you are scum, but in another way I don't have that feeling that I always get when I'm 95%+ sure that they are scum so I'm not really pressuring since the only real scumtells that really ain't much are the lack of activity(Ok so maybe that is bigger than I am giving credit) and the answers to the Q's(Which I took for serious at the time, now not really, although I still don't like em)
Now according to this... it's a slight scum read... if I am taking this correctly you have a slight scum read because of inactivity and my answers. Now if this is the case... why then did you state
silverbullet999 (SE)-Scum read mainly because of lack of activity(Although he did say why it's just that you shoulda been checking) and lack of contribution. Don't like the answers that he gave to nevermind's Q's at all. If it was RVS all the time then that would be bad. Also don't like how he only skimmed. Agree with him on the avi thing. Overall scum
(I fixed the last part as you mentioned you meant scum, was originally neutral). This seems like a certain read to me like your >50% sure i'm scum.

Lastly if you are unsure if i'm scum or not... why WOULDN'T you pressure me to get a better read on me?
I dunno. I;m not gonna pull a I'm a noob card because that is cheap. I will say this though:
I should've idk why, but I won't now since yeonit is deadbeating.

Time to get the BandWagon on the up

VOTE: Razgriz
Show
Mafiascum Record:
Town 1-1
Mafia 0-0
3rd Party 0-0

All-Time Record
Town 5-3
Mafia 4-3
3rd Party 3-1

Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

BW's are not bad in and of themselves. Especially if they are on a scum...

Raz: Aren't you BW'ing the lurker , presently?

Mod: Can we get a gentle little "cattle" prod on Yoenit?

I have no problem pressuring Yoenit to get him to post, but theres no reason to auto-lynch him. It's still early, and we know that Portuguese is his first language, so he may have been having some trouble keeping current or following some of this. He may also just be very busy.

-Also, we have other options, prods/replacements. Replacements are fairly common (at leasat one for every game I've played in the Newbie forum). It's by no means a "dead" or "dead-end" slot, and since we are nowhere near a deadline, we should hope that he picks up in activity or seeks replacement, rather than sending him to an early grave for his posting habits up to now.

I agree more with Neil than SIlver, that it's a little strange that he is on the forum often but not posting. But it would be worse if he were actively posting somewhere and playing in another game at the sametime.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

I guess I should probably do it this way...

@Mod: can we get a prod on Yoenit?

Will do it in the morning when his 72 hours are up.
Last edited by bird1111 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Razgriz
Razgriz
Goon
Razgriz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by Razgriz »

Civil Scum wrote:Raz: Aren't you BW'ing the lurker , presently?
No. I can't control what happens on voting after I vote. I was the first to vote, and one or two others followed which then made it a bandwagon, which was caused by the peeps who decided to vote after me.
Show
Mafiascum Record:
Town 1-1
Mafia 0-0
3rd Party 0-0

All-Time Record
Town 5-3
Mafia 4-3
3rd Party 3-1

Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Razrgiz wrote: No. I can't control what happens on voting after I vote. I was the first to vote, and one or two others followed which then made it a bandwagon, which was caused by the peeps who decided to vote after me.
Well, no one can be certain that your intention was not to start a BW by being the first to vote...Also, this strikes me as a pretty dishonest representation of how votes work -Your actions are not without effect on the other players. They don't exist in a bubble. True, no one can accuse you of "hopping on the BW", but you ARE STILL ON IT. And you can definitely CAN control what happens afterwards.

I'm looking at Razgriz, Spadille, Vincius Chaim, Yoenit, in that order. Silver, Ups, and Nevermind are all tied after that.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:20 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by this Q. Can you elaborate?
I'm asking about this
Er what? You WANT to bandwagon? FoS silverbullet
Do you believe I am bandwagoning you?
nevermind
nevermind
Goon
nevermind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:27 pm

Post by nevermind »

Hey you guys should stop arguing over definitions of bandwagon-ing.
I had a game where 10 pages were dedicated to the definitions of "bandwagoning," "defensive," and "reacting."
Which was horribly annoying to read through. I don't want this game to follow the same path.
unvote, vote:silverbullet
for doing this to us.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

I don't want that neccesarily, Nevermind, but I would like people to notice how Razgriz is disgusing his voting.

I am glad that you've changed your vote from your random vote on me to a different "less than serious" (?) vote.
nevermind
nevermind
Goon
nevermind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:37 pm

Post by nevermind »

bandwagon or not, he voted.
what's their to disguise?
nevermind
nevermind
Goon
nevermind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by nevermind »

EBWOP: meant "there" instead of "their" >.>
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:46 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Nevermind wrote: what's their to disguise?
That's what I'm asking.
nevermind
nevermind
Goon
nevermind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by nevermind »

lol me too
Civil Scum
Civil Scum