RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:07 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

HC 59 wrote:That's a fair enough point, but your vote on me makes no logical sense. I've never played with XScorpion before and I know absolutely nothing about him. Also, if you honestly believe that a wagon on XScorpion was scummy, wouldn't it make sense to vote for one of the people who turned it into a random wagon?
It seems like you're beating a dead horse here, and it's sounding dangerously close to, "Why me?" What do you hope to get out of mykonian?

---
Jack 60 wrote:Why did he put xscorp on there, I can't tell.
I suspect it's because he didn't "figure out" whatever it is that made you and mykonian look good in his eyes. I suspect he was wanting XScorp to sing your praises as well.

---
mykonian 61 wrote:Don't want to insult you scorpion. It probably has already become a selffulfilling profecy that you are an easy lynch ;)
Well, y'all must have different meta with XScorp than I do. In both games I've played with him he's been tough as nails, although it took him a while to warm up in the first. I get the opposite impression from him at the moment. That is, he's a more difficult lynch than, say, Antihero or dana, which seem like they may roll over more easily.

---

Lol at post 71, 72, & 73, but no lol at post 91 (okay, maybe a little lol).

---
Mod 98 wrote:
Scum may NOT pass the Vigilante Ability to their partners. This is not a change in the setup or mechanic, it has been in effect since the beginning, but I missed it in the Special Section. My apologies.
Hmmm...

I still think I agree with mykonian, that the person who starts with the vig power is still likely to be town, although I'm a little more open to the debate than I was previously. By this I mean I'll be predisposed to thinking whoever has the power is town, but I could be convinced otherwise if I'm not feeling it.

---
Jack 99 wrote:Because if they did they would pass it to a townie and kill that townie...well the rule is a bit confusing, but there is still no way scum started with it.
Seems like the power would be randomized if this were the case.

Unvote
;
vote: danakillsu
for being the last player having not made a post that's worth a damn.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:13 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

RedCoyote wrote:It seems like you're beating a dead horse here, and it's sounding dangerously close to, "Why me?" What do you hope to get out of mykonian?
I'm not hoping to get anything; I already got it.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:32 pm

Post by mykonian »

RedCoyote wrote:Well, y'all must have different meta with XScorp than I do. In both games I've played with him he's been tough as nails,
although it took him a while to warm up in the first.
I get the opposite impression from him at the moment. That is, he's a more difficult lynch than, say, Antihero or dana, which seem like they may roll over more easily.
:P

anyway, thank you for updating me on dana and antihero.

and you voted dana... for being an easy lynch?
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:08 am

Post by imaginality »

Hi all. Long [expletive deleted day]. I'll reread this properly tomorrow. For now from recent posts I'm not liking HC's response to RC's question, the implication seeming to be that the response he wanted was for mykonian to stop voting him, which if true seems over-cautious.

VOTE: Haschel Cedricson

Were you looking for any other response from mykonian than for him to remove his vote from you? If so what?
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:32 am

imaginality wrote:Hi all. Long [expletive deleted day]. I'll reread this properly tomorrow. For now from recent posts I'm not liking HC's response to RC's question, the implication seeming to be that the response he wanted was for mykonian to stop voting him, which if true seems over-cautious.

VOTE: Haschel Cedricson

Were you looking for any other response from mykonian than for him to remove his vote from you? If so what?
I felt it was odd for mykonian to say that he found a bandwagon on XScorpion suspicious while placing his vote on the first person to vote XScorpion in the RVS instead of one of the people who turned it into an actual wagon, especially when one of the voters specifically said they were voting in order to create a bandwagon. I was looking for an explanation, and I got it. It's irrelevant that I was the person who got voted for.

Way to read the thread.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:54 am

Post by XScorpion »

Ignoring me? Fine. Maybe this will encourage you to be less anti-town.
unvote
Vote: Jack
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:55 am

Post by mykonian »

pressure votes are overrated, esspecially when they are called pressure votes.

anyway, come back to the stef wagon. It is by far the best.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:18 am

Post by XScorpion »

Nah, I like my vote now. It's on someone who is definitely being anti-town.
jelly jiggler
jelly jiggler
Goon
jelly jiggler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:31 am

Post by jelly jiggler »

Here is another point. If we live through 3 night at least two of the people who were vigs must be townies. However it might not be a good idea to claim by that point because that will give scum a better shot at finding the new vig.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:48 am

Post by danakillsu »

Overall I have a null read on mykonian. I think his confidence in his reads at this point is somewhat scummy, but is balanced out by his good use of logic and his willingness to post a lot of confidence. I think RedCoyote's vote of me is scummy as well. Just because I didn't have time to post when everyone else did doesn't make me scum. And yes, I am almost always an easy lynch.
unvote vote: RedCoyote
Don't you dare call that blatant OMGUS. It's the scummiest vote so far
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:08 am

Post by mykonian »

XScorpion wrote:Nah, I like my vote now. It's on someone who is definitely being anti-town.
no, it is on someone who selfvotes, has been a reasonable player further and has already made attempts to get the town discussing.

Meaning your vote might very well be on a towny that is actually helping the town. I wouldn't call Jack antitown.

@ dana. It isn't the scummiest vote so far. That has been stef's vote on Xscorpion, which seems to be supported by evidence, but actually isn't!
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:22 am

danakillsu wrote:Overall I have a null read on mykonian. I think his confidence in his reads at this point is somewhat scummy, but is balanced out by his good use of logic and his willingness to post a lot of confidence.
Elaborate.
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Stef »

mykonian wrote:@ dana. It isn't the scummiest vote so far. That has been stef's vote on Xscorpion, which seems to be supported by evidence, but actually isn't!
But actually isn't! Oh wait ... what?

Jack is probably town. Don't see what he's doing with the selfvoting exactly though. Jack, no place more useful for your vote than yourself?

xScorp wrote: Sorry bout that, I still have to wash the bad taste of Open 231 out of my mouth. I sometimes forget that people might actually answer me when I ask them why they're voting...
So... you apologize for not asking what my reasons were for voting for you. Nice. Liking my vote. Also, OMGUS rocks!
The Mini-Theme: Lie to Me Mafia is accepting replacements. PM me to sign up.

V/LA for a few days while I'm moving.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:24 am

Post by Jack »

I feel like keeping my cards close to my chest for a while, experimental thing.

@dana: has red done anything else scummy?
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:49 am

Post by Antihero »

Stef wrote:
xScorp wrote:Sorry bout that, I still have to wash the bad taste of Open 231 out of my mouth. I sometimes forget that people might actually answer me when I ask them why they're voting...
So... you apologize for not asking what my reasons were for voting for you. Nice. Liking my vote. Also, OMGUS rocks!
What? :?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:14 am

Post by mykonian »

Yes stef, you are the scummiest person around now. You are the only one that has made 2 definate scumtells. You don't even bother telling people why you did vote scorpion. (actually, you have no reasons.)
Jack wrote:I feel like keeping my cards close to my chest for a while, experimental thing.
Ok, Jack. Just a word of advise and caution: first, that doesn't keep you from generating information. Posting might help you there. It works as a decent smokescreen for holding back information (at least during day 1). And I wouldn't keep it up much longer, as people are going to hate you when you did figure out who was scum but got killed N1 without telling the rest who actually were scum.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:19 am

Post by mykonian »

Antihero wrote:
Stef wrote:
xScorp wrote:Sorry bout that, I still have to wash the bad taste of Open 231 out of my mouth. I sometimes forget that people might actually answer me when I ask them why they're voting...
This is stef generating a case while he is already voting xscorp. Again, scumhunting the wrong way around (town first makes a case, then votes. Scum pressures the townie, then makes the case based on reactions)

theory

OMGUS is the acronym used for a vote which has no reason other then that the person you vote voted you.
In this case, Stef voted scorp without any reason, while pretending to have them.

Scorp votes Stef
for having no reasons for his vote
Scorps vote on stef is therefor legitimate, while Stef's accusation that scorps vote is OMGUS is wrong.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:30 am

Post by Antihero »

mykonian wrote:
Antihero wrote:
Stef wrote:
This is stef generating a case while he is already voting xscorp. Again, scumhunting the wrong way around (town first makes a case, then votes. Scum pressures the townie, then makes the case based on reactions)

theory

OMGUS is the acronym used for a vote which has no reason other then that the person you vote voted you.
In this case, Stef voted scorp without any reason, while pretending to have them.

Scorp votes Stef
for having no reasons for his vote
Scorps vote on stef is therefor legitimate, while Stef's accusation that scorps vote is OMGUS is wrong.
My :? was because I don't follow Stef's argument (where's the scumtell?).
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:57 am

Post by mykonian »

doesn't make Stef look better, does it? :D

Anyway, the "generating a case" part is about that.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:18 am

Post by danakillsu »

I guess Red has also discounted a bit too much of what everyone else has to say without bringing out a lot of his own comments on the state of the game, but that's about it for his one bigish post.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Jack »

danakillsu wrote:I guess Red has also discounted a bit too much of what everyone else has to say without bringing out a lot of his own comments on the state of the game, but that's about it for his one bigish post.
What about his vote on MoI and the reasoning there? :?
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:20 am

danakillsu wrote:I guess Red has also discounted a bit too much of what everyone else has to say without bringing out a lot of his own comments on the state of the game, but that's about it for his one bigish post.
Don't ignore me.
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:21 am

Post by Stef »

Mykonian:
"Stef voted scorp without any reason" - false, I stated my reason
"Scorp votes Stef for having no reasons for his vote" - Scorp did not know if stef had any reason. He didn't even bother to ask. He voted for me for voting for him. It is blatant OMGUS.
You don't even bother telling people why you did vote scorpion. (actually, you have no reasons.
Here you are lying again.

By misreping me, lying about me not giving any reasons for my vote and by validating XScorp's vote when it was clearly OMGUS you're not doing the town any favors.

Unvote, Vote Mykonian
no way this is lack of attention.
The Mini-Theme: Lie to Me Mafia is accepting replacements. PM me to sign up.

V/LA for a few days while I'm moving.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:23 am

Post by danakillsu »

sorry, gtg. Will post answering Jack and HC later today.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”