Newbie 993 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:03 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Mysterio wrote:@Shotty

First of all, "playing the noob card" in a newbie game would be redundant. Those not identified as IC's or SE's are assumed to be newbies, since that's what these games are for. Second of all, I
never
claimed that I was new to mafia. I even mentioned that I've played a few games on another forum. I specifically stated that I was new to MS (this website, if you didn't understand the acronym), which is obviously true. That is misrepresentation #1.
Yes but you admitted to having experience. I'm in 8 newbie games, but I'm not a newbie I just like the setup. Also you just contredicted yourself there. You said I am a newb, but I've played irl and on other sites.
Mysterio wrote:Next, you claim that I only want people to vote when they are "100% sure". This is contradicted by
every single post I've made in this game.
I criticized Leech for not switching his vote, I then criticized the non-voters for not putting up a vote. In fact, your argument is pretty similar to mine. I'll first quote your argument:
Shotty wrote:Only mafia wants people to only vote when they are 100% sure, that way the game goes no where and there is no pressure on the scum.
So now you admit to contradicting yourself, that was easy for me. So what you are saying is that you only vote if you are 100% sure about someone, but you will manipulate other people into voting how you really want to vote. Thats just scummy.
Mysterio wrote:Now I'll quote my argument:
Mysterio wrote:Vote or don't vote, but you should know that not voting means the game doesn't progress. So, at some point you should vote if for no other reason than to put pressure on that person. Depending on how they respond, you can keep your vote on them or unvote. Refraining from voting completely just makes the game stagnant.
Once again this is why you can't pull the newb card, but maybe you should try to pull the dumb ass one. You are so wrong about this. The game progresses due to people talking, and scum hunting, not just blind voting and mislynching. Stop being scummy if you don't want people to think you are scummy.
also you said this "It's a bit suspicious itself to keep a vote on anyone other than the person you find suspicious. It seems to me that simply muddles up the game even more."
Mysterio wrote:It's almost as if you read my argument and then tried to use it against me. Misrepresentation #2.
yes dumb ass, thats what I did, that is the point of this game and it's called scum hunting, I know you don't like it because you are scum, but it's how the game progresses.
Mysterio wrote:Next, you accuse me of contradicting myself by saying that changing votes doesn't muddle up the game. Where exactly is this contradiction? I maintained my position that switching votes is fine, it's only when you don't vote or keep your vote on people without updating it do things get muddled. Misrepresentation #3.
ok here again i will qoute you "It's a bit suspicious itself to keep a vote on anyone other than the person you find suspicious. It seems to me that simply muddles up the game even more." Then you said "In my experience, switching votes does nothing to muddle up a game" So first you say we shouldn't change our votes unless we are 100% certain, then you say switching vote is great.
Mysterio wrote:Next, you claim that I think my way is the only way to do things, and then conclude that is scummy. First, you're essentially saying that me arguing my position makes me look scummy. So, I would like for you to explain why I can't argue my position when I think I'm right, and how arguing my position makes me scummy. Not a misrepresentation, but definitely an incredibly weak case here.
That wasn't my case it was one point inside a very strong case. And what I meant is that you, since you are scum. Want everyone to play like you want so you aren't lynched, it's ok all scum want that, you just acted on that too much.
Mysterio wrote:Next, you accuse me of not having any problems with mislynches. Really? Did you miss the whole back and forth between me and Leech where
I'm
the one arguing that mislynches are generally not good? You took a statement that acknowledged some usefulness in mislynches and blew it up to mean that I think mislynches are perfectly fine. Misrepresentation #4.
First I want to point out the word generally. NOOOOO Mislynches ARE
NEVER
GOOD EVER!!!!!!!!!!!
Mysterio wrote:Next, you accuse me of being confusing. lol, you really do live up to the VI title.
Yes sir I hope thats what the title fairy calls me, but anyway you are confusing sometimes. Like when you are just really dumb.
Mysterio wrote:Finally, you accuse me of OMGUS by calling both Chimp and Thian scummy and . First of all, I never called Thian scummy. Second, how is that OMGUS? That implies voting for someone who has voted you simply out of revenge with no reasoning. Thian hasn't voted for me and I haven't voted for him. Chimp made repeat arguments against me and I still didn't vote for him until after giving him 3 chances to explain himself. Misrepresentation #5.
So you vote someone for no reason other than them voting you and them not explaing a very obvious statement. That's OMGUS.
Mysterio wrote:In conclusion, I think policy lynching Shotty may is probably a decent move. However, I'm leaving my vote on Chimp because he has continued to make repeat accusations, even though he's not actually voting for me anymore. Which goes to show that he's not even scumhunting, but simply desperately defending a bandwagon vote.
WTF!! Really no! He is scum hunting that is why he is no longer voting you, dumb ass
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:05 pm

Kirbyoshi wrote:
shotty wrote:Not to scummy, sorry for no long explaination. I shattered my foot and will have limitted acess until my surgery
Wow, that like really sucks, for real. Don't rush yourself, but I'd like an explanation of why he's not scummy before you're lynched. Also, I had a point to that question, but I lost it. I'll look for it and post it when you post your answer.
I mean he hasn't really done much, but catch up, talk about what we've already talk about, and active lurk, which yes is scummy, and if I had to choose a second scum it would be him, but he hasn't done enough to make a case worth anything.
#freeShotty
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:04 am

Post by Leech »

Star wrote:What other fallacies do you expect me to comment on? That's a vague criticism. Ask me a specific question.
If I do that you will just come on and reply to that. I want you to actually contribute to this game, not just replying about a single person. I will not ask you specific questions, because I don't want specific answers. I want original thought that is not the product of a thought of my own, which your response to a specific question would be. It's kind of early in the morning, I hope that makes sense.
star wrote:That would be different if my experience were needed to pick the game up or if players needed the benefit of my experience in order to grasp the game etc. But that's not really the case in this game.
This game has had a horrible activity level, and your input would have helped that aspect of this game. It's not just your "experience" that the game needs, it's also input from that player slot. No player, especially an IC, should lurk like you have been. It hurt this phase of the game, and endorses the "It's only day 1" attitude that people had earlier which is complete fallacy.
Star wrote:@This
and the rest of this post.
Stop preaching, it doesn't come off as necessarily townie, and if anything you're going to turn people off. You speak of drastic measures, but then endorse a policy lynch?
That doesn't even make sense. Other than the two parts you quoted, the rest of the post wasn't "preaching" it was actually trying to get information from other players in the game.

I definitely endorse a policy lynch of a guy who's meta is to be distracting and a VI in every game. Why don't you condone lynching someone that has proven that they will be of no use to the town, and only hurt it, in every game they play in? Considering this meta matches his town, and his scum play it's not entirely a policy in the first place. It's also taking a shot at actually hitting scum. In, this, specific case I wouldn't care if he is town though. If he is town, the wifom alone will make him a survivor until the end and the question will always be there making us wonder if he's town or scum due to his VI tendencies. I do not condone most Policy lynches, but lynching all distractions is one that I will.

Why you don't, I'm unsure of.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:41 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

shotty wrote:Only mafia wants people to only vote when they are 100% sure, that way the game goes no where and there is no pressure on the scum.
Brod wrote:right now I don't think I'll vote for anyone until I'd want everyone to vote for that person too.
Out of curiosity shotty, what does the latter quote mean to you in terms of Brod's scumminess?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:03 am

Post by Mysterio »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:Once again this is why you can't pull the newb card, but maybe you should try to pull the dumb ass one. You are so wrong about this. The game progresses due to people talking, and scum hunting, not just blind voting and mislynching.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:Only mafia wants people to only vote when they are 100% sure, that way the game goes no where and there is no pressure on the scum.
Yeah, you're not even trying to make sense anymore. No reason to keep you around.

Unvote

Vote: Shotty

The game will be in limbo until the mod gets back, but I think it's clear that Shotty is unable to play this game competently.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:41 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Unvote

I wanted someone to say "Chimp Pants is obvious town" but noone did. I did get reactions, though, which I liked. I think it's interesting Mysterio had no problem in voting for Chimp though for the sole reason that he's "repeating the same exact claims". And now I check back in to see his vote changed to Shotty after Shotty addresses his points.
Shotty wrote:I mean he hasn't really done much, but catch up, talk about what we've already talk about, and active lurk, which yes is scummy, and if I had to choose a second scum it would be him, but he hasn't done enough to make a case worth anything.
Shotty wrote:If you asked that and I had to answer imedietly I would say Leech and Thian, but that is mainly because I am mad at them
Ok. Leech/Thian -> Myst/Brod. Yep, man, you're outed here.

...Oh wait. Fuck Mysterio. Why'd you hammer before he claimed? I'm ashamed at this Day 1.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:51 am

Post by Mysterio »

He posted 5 times since being at L-1, never even hinting that he was going to claim anything. My guess is he doesn't have anything to claim, otherwise he would have done it after Leech put him at L-1. If he does have something to claim, then all that does is show once more that he has no idea how to play this game.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:53 am

Post by Hinduragi »

I didn't even realize he was at L-1 until I went to count the votes on him. It's possible he didn't know either.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Mysterio »

I showed him he was at L-1 here:
Mysterio wrote:Okay, I think we need another vote count. The mod hasn't posted since the 15th (he mentioned being stuck at the airport, so perhaps he's just V/LA), so I'm posting a vote count just so I can keep track of where the game stands.

drmyshottyizsik(4): Chimp Pants, Thian, Kirbyoshi, Leech
Chimp Pants (2): Hinduragi, Mysterio

Not Voting(3): drmyshottyizsik, startransmission, trachimbrod

Shotty is at L-1.

@Star/Brod, you guys plan on voting for someone? You can't tell me you guys have null reads still.

@Shotty, you unvoted me and voted for yourself, but then unvoted. Do you still plan on voting for me? If so, what do you have to say about my reply to your post?
So, even if I believe that he didn't know how many votes were on him when Leech voted, he
did
know after I posted that vote count. He posted 3 more times after that, again without hinting that he planned on claiming anything.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:28 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Ok, I can see that. But why not just say "Claim, Shotty" instead of hammering or hinting at him to claim?
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:47 am

Post by Mysterio »

To be honest, he pissed me off a bit with the whole "dumbass" thing and his blatant contradictions. Couple that with his VI playstyle and I saw no reason to continue wasting time.
Chimp Pants
Chimp Pants
Goon
Chimp Pants
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Chimp Pants »

Myst wrote:My guess is he doesn't have anything to claim, otherwise he would have done it after Leech put him at L-1.
Could you clarify what you mean by this?
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:38 am

Post by Mysterio »

He tried to get Leech to go back on his policy lynch move, which shows to me that he either knew he was at L-1 or at the very least he knew he was close to getting lynched. If he didn't bother claiming then or in the 4 other posts after that, then I don't see anything wrong with hammering.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:44 am

Sorry I was unaware the I was L-1 I was very drugged up last night. Any way I am a VT
#freeShotty
Chimp Pants
Chimp Pants
Goon
Chimp Pants
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by Chimp Pants »

@Myst: I'm more interested in what you meant by "my guess is he doesn't have anything to claim."
Chimp Pants
Chimp Pants
Goon
Chimp Pants
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by Chimp Pants »

I meant to add this to the last post. There's a chance we might have a longer than average twilight. Don't let this discourage participation- I'm thinking in particular about those players who were V/LA over the past few days and those less participatory players.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:21 pm

wait Was I hammered?
#freeShotty
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Chimp Pants wrote:@Myst: I'm more interested in what you meant by "my guess is he doesn't have anything to claim."
I figure if he had a worthwhile claim to make, he would have done it already. Clearly he didn't, since he just claimed VT.
Shotty wrote:wait Was I hammered?
Sigh.

The mod can't come back soon enough. Apparently newbie games do have emergency mods, so it might be worth it to contact one of them.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

@everyone: Who is most likely to be scum if shotty flips town? What if he flips scum?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:35 pm

Since I am town. I say that Mysterio and Hindu are. I''ve played enough with both of them to know they are playing like they do when they are scum
#freeShotty
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by Mysterio »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:I''ve played enough with both of them to know they are playing like they do when they are scum
Not sure about Hindu, but you've only played in three games with me. In two of those games, you were lynched Day 1 for playing like VI. In one of those games, you simply disappeared and managed to lurk your way to another day. In none of my games have I been lynched or night killed, so you have no way of knowing how I play as town, scum, or any other role. Please, go away.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

@Myst: How many games have you completed (aka been killed, lynched, or survived to endgame) in?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:04 pm