Newbie 981 ~ Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by Adrien C »

Come on, guys. We need some more activity!!
Pretend like something witty, funny, or inspiration is written here.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:18 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count 24

[2] jntp - (mothrax, julienvonwolfe)

[0] Andrius - ()
[0] Adrien C - ()
[0] julienvonwolfe - ()
[0] mothrax - ()

[3]
Not Voting
- (Andrius, jntp, Adrien C)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:27 am

Post by Adrien C »

I think I'm the only one alive here, Kitty.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:29 am

Post by Andrius »

I'm alive.
Just lurking. Sorry.
I should really get more involved now. :/

I think... I'm in too many games. *GASP*
BUT I DO NOT REPLACE OUT.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:29 am

Post by Andrius »

@ jntp: Can I pressure you for a vote?
You're the only one who's not voting, and not confirmed-town.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Okay, post time. Uni's picking back up now, sorry guys. I don't really want to replace out either, though, since I think we're close.

@ Adrien - I don't see any logical way for you to be anything other than town. I don't understand your play, though. You don't want to end the day, fair enough, but you're not contributing anything other than 'come on guys!'

@ Andrius - If I accept you're the cop, can you explain why you haven't targeted me despite being outwardly leery of my still being alive even though I'm IC?

@ jntp:
Also, it's pretty funny and suspicious how you (who also has been inactive) would suddenly join mothrax and vote me.....that's quite scummy because (obviously, a scum knows the roles of the players) and may quickly jump in with someone who accused a townie so there will be fewer townies, making it easier for the scum to win!
Essentially, if I understand you, you're calling me scummy for changing my mind about mothrax and for believing Andrius' cop claim, for now? It's simple: if I believe all of those things, then you're the last scum.

IC Mode: However, you can scum-hunt (or pretend to if you're scum). Scum-hunting isn't something that can only be done by a particular role but by all townies, and refers to the process of finding scum through discussion in-thread.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:59 pm

Post by Andrius »

JVW wrote: @ Andrius - If I accept you're the cop, can you explain why you haven't targeted me despite being outwardly leery of my still being alive even though I'm IC?
I wasn't about to waste a Cop investigation on a person I was sure would die overnight.
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Adrien C »

julienvonwolfe wrote:@ Adrien - I don't see any logical way for you to be anything other than town. I don't understand your play, though. You don't want to end the day, fair enough, but you're not contributing anything other than 'come on guys!'
Yeah, sorry about that. I'm in two other games where things got heated so I was hoping some discussion amongst yourselves would help me come to a conclusion on who the last scum is.

I can kinda understand Andy's explanation on why he didn't target you. ICs usually don't live long.

And I'm noting JNTP's refusal to scum hunt and saying his role "doesn't allow him to". He saying he is scum?
jntp
jntp
Townie
jntp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:25 pm

Post by jntp »

Andrius wrote:@ jntp: Can I pressure you for a vote?
You're the only one who's not voting, and not confirmed-town.
- It's up to you to decide who's the scum...btw, I was actually planning to vote on D2 then too late lol
julienvonwolfe wrote: Essentially, if I understand you, you're calling me scummy for changing my mind about mothrax and for believing Andrius' cop claim, for now? It's simple: if I believe all of those things, then you're the last scum.

IC Mode: However, you can scum-hunt (or pretend to if you're scum). Scum-hunting isn't something that can only be done by a particular role but by all townies, and refers to the process of finding scum through discussion in-thread.
- No, what I meant was that if you were the scum, you would've jumped in with Mothrax he voted for a Townie (jntp) and you know the roles of the players.. so you could get another Townie lynched
And I'm noting JNTP's refusal to scum hunt and saying his role "doesn't allow him to". He saying he is scum?
wait what? I thought scum hunting meant a scum searching to lynch a certain player :?: :?: :?:
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:33 pm

Post by Adrien C »

Ok then, who do you believe is scum and give a legit reason. I don't want to mislynch here.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:17 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count 25

[0] Andrius - ()
[0] Adrien C - ()
[0] julienvonwolfe - ()
[0] mothrax - ()

[3]
Not Voting

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:34 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

jntp, are you assuming Mothrax to be town? Why?
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by Adrien C »

V/LA until Monday. Moving back into my dorm room this weekend. I might be able to check things on occasion in that time frame, but not much.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Adrien`s VLA is noted. Please note mine as well. Bother Nikanor by AIM or PM if you need something.

"plz don't swear" -- N
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:52 pm

Post by mothrax »

Ok, so here is my take...
Adrien is confirmed town in my book...
1. If I chose to believe Andrius's cop claim, which I do ATM, then andy confirmed him for us...
2. If andy is lying about his claim he is scum... which means Adrien is not... because why would a townie confirm another player as town and fakeclaim a cop?
So that makes the suspects three:
Andy: I still say he played scummy but I also believe his claim for now and see his reasoning behind it...
jntp: scum... the scum here have played very newbscum which leads me to him.
JVW: lurker... though his being alive as an IC worried me...

Honestly, with 5 alive, should we look at lylo possibilities... I want active players in lylo, and while neither jntp or jvw's postcount is great, jvw posts content when he does post, which is better than I can say about jntp.
and @ jntp: I am willing to look past a smaller post count if it is made up for with content, but so far I haven't really seen any of that from you either...
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by Andrius »

mothrax wrote:Ok, so here is my take...
Adrien is confirmed town in my book...
1. If I chose to believe Andrius's cop claim, which I do ATM, then andy confirmed him for us...
2. If andy is lying about his claim he is scum... which means Adrien is not... because why would a townie confirm another player as town and fakeclaim a cop?
So that makes the suspects three:
Andy: I still say he played scummy but I also believe his claim for now and see his reasoning behind it...
jntp: scum... the scum here have played very newbscum which leads me to him.
JVW: lurker... though his being alive as an IC worried me...

Honestly, with 5 alive, should we look at lylo possibilities... I want active players in lylo, and while neither jntp or jvw's postcount is great, jvw posts content when he does post, which is better than I can say about jntp.
and @ jntp: I am willing to look past a smaller post count if it is made up for with content, but so far I haven't really seen any of that from you either...
1. Take a leap of faith with me. I'm an SE who's been purposefully playing somewhat badly (as I told Adrien) so I'd be kept alive this far.
2. Even if I were scum, Adrien is still confirmed town.
3. I played scummily for a reason. You have to play somewhat badly when you're an important role. Otherwise the mafia will kill you. In larger games you can't play too well or risk the mafia killing you, but if you play too badly the Vig will get you, so.

I feel like JVW would have given Dr some pointers in pre-game talk, if they were buddies... I'll think about it for a little.
jntp
jntp
Townie
jntp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:00 pm

Post by jntp »

Adrien C wrote:Ok then, who do you believe is scum and give a legit reason. I don't want to mislynch here.
- I believe that the scum could either be Mothrax or julienvonwolfe. I'll keep my reasons concise
Mothrax: I like how you got all hyped up about how scummy my post is because I said that the mafia might have voted for his own teammate [post 165]....maybe you're the scum who voted for dr!
julienvonwolfe: I am still suspicious about how you would quickly jump in with mothrax and vote for me...are you trying to quick lynch or what?
julienvonwolfe wrote:jntp, are you assuming Mothrax to be town? Why?
- No, I am not assuming Mothrax to be town. Why? Like I said, I'm not assuming Mothrax to be town! I'm not assuming anyone to be a townie (well maybe I am with Adrien and Andrius...lol I just contradicted myself right there)
mothrax wrote:jntp: scum... the scum here have played very newbscum which leads me to him.
- More like newbtownie. Since now everyone thinks I'm the scum.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:45 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Okay, I think jntp is desperate wriggling scum. Put yourselves in his shoes: if he believes (or decides not to discredit) the cop claim, then logically only Mothrax and I would be left as viable targets. I think I can predict his strategy: If you lynched either of us today he would say, 'whoops, must have been the other one' in lylo. He's covering his bases and this is the only way he can see to do it. Note how he hasn't given a preferred candidate for lynching.

His case on mothrax is horrible, by the way, and his case on me seemingly consists of accusing me of trying to orchestrate a quicklynch, essentially, I think. To answer his question, I am not trying to quicklynch. (IC MODE: that's not how quicklynching works - you aim for a hammer, not L-1. Trust me, I've done that as scum before and won.) I've stated my logic for thinking him scum several times; it is simple process-of-elimination. I did vote too quickly as I should've considered the cop-claim more carefully, but I stand by my vote now.

Regarding Andrius' cop claim: it seems to stand up to scrutiny, and we have a 95% confirmed townie out of it - the only possible scenarios for Adrien being scum is if Andrius is a townie who has fake-claimed for some bizarre reason, or if he is cop with a guilty investigation playing games. I don't think an SE would do either.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:22 am

Post by Andrius »

JVW wrote: Regarding Andrius' cop claim: it seems to stand up to scrutiny, and we have a 95% confirmed townie out of it - the only possible scenarios for Adrien being scum is if Andrius is a townie who has fake-claimed for some bizarre reason, or if he is cop with a guilty investigation playing games. I don't think an SE would do either.
Adrien is town.
I'm not THAT stupid. >_>
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count 26

[0] Andrius - ()
[0] Adrien C - ()
[0] julienvonwolfe - ()
[0] mothrax - ()

[3]
Not Voting

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

"plz don't swear" -- N
jntp
jntp
Townie
jntp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:50 pm

Post by jntp »

julienvonwolfe wrote:Okay, I think jntp is desperate wriggling scum. Put yourselves in his shoes: if he believes (or decides not to discredit) the cop claim, then logically only Mothrax and I would be left as viable targets. I think I can predict his strategy: If you lynched either of us today he would say, 'whoops, must have been the other one' in lylo. He's covering his bases and this is the only way he can see to do it. Note how he hasn't given a preferred candidate for lynching.
- I am beginning to think of you more as the scum rather than Mothrax [not enough evidence at this moment], so yes, I do have a preferred candidate. In addition, you are certainly not putting yourself in my shoes correctly. My claims from my previous post were in fact honest. My reasons aren't great, because I still can't find firm evidence that either of you two is the scum. That's why I have not placed the
bolded
vote tag on anyone. Like I said before, if you want to lynch me and see for yourself, then go ahead and feel free to vote for me. However, I'm not going to claim scum, simply because I'm not a scum.
julienvonwolfe wrote:His case on mothrax is horrible, by the way, and his case on me seemingly consists of accusing me of trying to orchestrate a quicklynch, essentially, I think. To answer his question, I am not trying to quicklynch. (IC MODE: that's not how quicklynching works - you aim for a hammer, not L-1. Trust me, I've done that as scum before and won.) I've stated my logic for thinking him scum several times; it is simple process-of-elimination. I did vote too quickly as I should've considered the cop-claim more carefully, but I stand by my vote now.
- I apologize for assuming that you want to quicklynch, but it's not like you're making assumptions either.
jntp
jntp
Townie
jntp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:47 pm

Post by jntp »

whoa....no one posted at all for a whole day :eek:
that means I'm the new active person here! jk....
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:50 pm

Post by Andrius »

jntp wrote:whoa....no one posted at all for a whole day :eek:
that means I'm the new active person here! jk....
I don't have anything new to say...

most of my games are in NP or SLOW...
But I do read this thread, when my name doesn't show up next to the most recent post thing. lol
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:33 am

Post by mothrax »

This game=slow...
adrien and Andrius: who is your number one suspect? Adrien is confirmed town and Andy might as well be so I would like to hear your oppinions... also, you are the only two not voting other than jntp who has never once voted.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by KittyMo »

NEXT PAGE BUMP FOR GREAT JUSTICE

"plz don't swear" -- N

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”