ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:27 am

Post by ODDin »

mallowgeno wrote:Grah idk who to believe anymore >.<
The answer is "nobody". It's a mafia game. You shouldn't trust anyone but yourself. Use your brain, read the game and think for yourself who is scum and who isn't. When people present good arguments, it doesn't mean you should automatically believe them (or automatically discard them). Think about them yourself, think if the arguments make sense, and choose on your own whether you agree with it or not. Also, agreeing with somebody's arguments doesn't mean you have to always trust him. You can perfectly well agree with, say, my accusation of teejay, while at the same time think that I'm probably scum because of some other considerations.
So, play the game, will you?
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:29 am

Post by mallowgeno »

I would like to, however this game for me just seems to be ODDin vs Podium vs TeeJay
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:59 am

Post by jmj3000 »

mallowgeno wrote:Grah idk who to believe anymore >.<
You can believe me, I won't lie to you, especially when I say Tazaro replaces millar13 effective immediately.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:00 am

Post by Tazaro »

Hello, all. People have some criticisms about me before, but at least I'm a better substitute than millar, so I'm definitely good enough to replace him. More posts to come from me at some point.
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:06 am

Post by Tazaro »

millar votes. So:
UNVOTE
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:23 am

Post by Tazaro »

VOTE: TeeJay
, because of this:
TeeJay wrote:Millar thinks that "'generally' only scum dispute something that much". What do I think of that? I wouldn't say that it's a scum tell, but that's just me. The fact that he voted because of it doesn't send any flags up due to the facts that a) that is the only vote against you, and b) It's early in the game.

What I will make note of is this:

1.) You have immediately gotten defensive after one vote was cast your way. At the very least that your antsy.

2.) On top of that, you had a text book example of an OMGUS vote toward millar.

3.) You attempt to draw attention away from yourself by asking my opinion of millar's actions.

I won't hold reason #3 against you too much because everyone does it. I will give you a piece of advice though, if I have an opinion worth speaking of, you won't need to ask what it is.
I am not one for keeping silent. There are cases in which I am still contemplating things and thus have not added input, but otherwise, you shouldn't have to ask.

So the sum of my post is this. You look scummy.
You seemed over-eager to jump on podium because of his reaction to millar-the-game killer.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:38 am

Post by podium123456 »

Thanks for stepping in taz! Ill warn you that the thread gets a little crazy and text heavy for a few pages, but it calms down afterwards. and even though some of my posts are walls, i try to make them easy to understand/read.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mallowgeno wrote:I would like to, however this game for me just seems to be ODDin vs Podium vs TeeJay

that's because there's only 7 people... 1 of which was a heavy lurker, and 1 who is V/LA... that only leaves sawyer... who lurked at first, but is contributing lightly now.

(from everyone else's point of view, there were 2 lurkers... you and millar)

there aren't a lot of players in this game, which means it will feel a little different than your usual 9+ player game... and we have to be careful... a mislynch today means lylo tomorrow.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Right now, im starting to get a gut feeling that mallow might be a genuine new/bad townie. I really would like to see some more detailed analysis mallow.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by Tazaro »

Hope nobody minds double posting. I may do that sometimes. But it's my style of expressing additional stuff.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by Tazaro »

I've seen ODDin AND mallow AND podium before. Interesting.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:08 pm

Post by ODDin »

Hi there Taz!
Good to see an active player replace in.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:17 am

Post by Tazaro »

mallowgeno wrote:I would like to, however this game for me just seems to be ODDin vs Podium vs TeeJay
That's why we need TeeJay to complete the chain of discussion that's broken right now.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:06 am

Post by mallowgeno »

podium123456 wrote: that's because there's only 7 people... 1 of which was a heavy lurker, and 1 who is V/LA... that only leaves sawyer... who lurked at first, but is contributing lightly now.

(from everyone else's point of view, there were 2 lurkers... you and millar)

there aren't a lot of players in this game, which means it will feel a little different than your usual 9+ player game... and we have to be careful... a mislynch today means lylo tomorrow.
Well that explains it then. I do honestly believe that one of the three I named above are mafia. I just don't know who.

As a side note, I AM still new to this. This is like my 4th or 5th game. I'm still not used to this site. I've played hundreds of games of mafia on another website where you play each other live in like a chat sorta thing. All of those setups are open or semi open, but usually, there's a clear that starts the game off (i.e. a cop or tracker or sometimes even a bp). Then either a mafia ccs or they can't cc b/c the next day isn't lylo. So I'm still gettin used to this site and this game.
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:20 am

Post by gonnano »

gonnano wrote:Unfortunately I will be V/LA August 1-9, with the possibility of getting back the 8th or maybe even the 7th.
I am back now, and the V/LA was the reason that I didn't respond to the prod that I received.

I'm starting to get a town vibe from podium now that he's settled down a little bit, enough so that lynching him would no longer be my first choice for Day 1.
TJ wrote:I didn't place my vote on Podium because it would have lynched him. Something that, while
it sounded great
, was
something I needed to at least think about
TJ wrote:ODDin,
I very much would like to hammer
but before I do, I would like to wait for Sawyer and (I forget his name) to post
(emphasis mine)

I see absolutely no contradiction here. I don't like the fact that sawyer used this as an example of scumminess, and I like even less that he has done nothing about his scum reads at this point, when we should be getting into the real meat of the game.
Unvote

Vote Sawyer
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:25 am

Post by Tazaro »

gonnano wrote:
gonnano wrote:Unfortunately I will be V/LA August 1-9, with the possibility of getting back the 8th or maybe even the 7th.
I am back now, and the V/LA was the reason that I didn't respond to the prod that I received.

I'm starting to get a town vibe from podium now that he's settled down a little bit, enough so that
lynching him would no longer be my
first choice
for Day 1
Is there a reason(s) podium is still apparently on your list of choices?
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:23 am

Post by gonnano »

I don't want to be too quick to discount my earlier suspicions. They were there for a reason, and I'm not going to throw them away just yet.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
Sawyer
Sawyer
Goon
Sawyer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:51 am

Post by Sawyer »

TJ wrote:It's not. I did want to lynch him, but I needed to think about it before I did. Hence the second post saying that I would like to wait. Hence there not being a contradiction.
Maybe, but I see no indication that the reason you needed to "think about it" due to our opinions. I doubt our opinions would change your mind about Podium. If you said you would "very much like to hammer", that says to me that you are pretty sure about this lynch and your opinion is rather strong about it.
gonnano wrote:...and I like even less that
he has done nothing about his scum reads
at this point, when we should be getting into the real meat of the game.
What do you mean by the bolded?
"They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same."

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by podium123456 »

@mallow - did you play on epicmafia? i am boxybrown over there... but i havent played regularly in a while. it is different, because most games start at night over there, and most start at day here. i prefer a night start. also, yeah most games are open... i like that better as well... that's why i tried a game here in the open forum.

i dont know why you still feel so new after 5 games, though. that seems like more than enough to get the feel of things on this forum. especially for the type of things you are talking about.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i'll be giving some more analysis later on today. glad to see gonnano back in the game. from my POV right now (and before i re-read things), i see oddin or teejay as lynch choices.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by podium123456 »

briefly though, concerning gonnano's vote post (since it only took a second to investigate):

That's kind of a weak post/vote, man. First of all... sawyer said it
sounded
like a contradiction... and i agree.

Secondly... and more so... about the 'has done nothing about his scum reads'. Uhhhh... do you realize that the same could be said about you at the time you made the accusation? How can you justify making that comment?
TeeJay
TeeJay
Townie
TeeJay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by TeeJay »

Tazaro wrote: You seemed over-eager to jump on podium because of his reaction to millar-the-game killer.
I hope you aren't wanting me to argue about an impression you had.

Though I would like to note that I did not jump on podium initially. I prodded him to see if I could get a reaction. It wasn't until he got into an argument with Oddin that I actually got suspicious.

Mallow, can you actually scum hunt, Please. Enough of this -I'm a noob - junk. (Sorry if that sounds a little too edgy).

Gonanno - Although I am on Sawyer's hot seat, I have to be honest, he is one of the last players I would consider Scummy. The truth of the matter is, he has more reason to vote for me than you have reason to vote for him.
Sawyer wrote:
TJ wrote:It's not. I did want to lynch him, but I needed to think about it before I did. Hence the second post saying that I would like to wait. Hence there not being a contradiction.
Maybe, but I see no indication that the reason you needed to "think about it" due to our opinions. I doubt our opinions would change your mind about Podium. If you said you would "very much like to hammer", that says to me that you are pretty sure about this lynch and your opinion is rather strong about it.
gonnano wrote:...and I like even less that
he has done nothing about his scum reads
at this point, when we should be getting into the real meat of the game.
What do you mean by the bolded?
I didn't need to think about it due to others opinions. I wanted to wait, and thought that in the mean time, it would be great to hear from the rest of the players.
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977
Sawyer
Sawyer
Goon
Sawyer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by Sawyer »

TeeJay wrote:I didn't need to think about it due to others opinions. I wanted to wait, and thought that in the mean time, it would be great to hear from the rest of the players.
I'm pretty sure that proves it was a contradiction. So you just wanted to hear other opinions, but that's not related to you needing to think about it. So if we look back at the quotes and act like that wasn't there...
TJ wrote:ODDin,
I very much would like to hammer

Podium, please claim.
TJ wrote:I didn't place my vote on Podium because it would have lynched him. Something that, while it sounded great, was something
I needed to at least think about.
In that case, it's a clear contradiction, because you never mentioned (as far as I can see) that you needed to think about it, just that you wanted to hammer. Meaning you wanted to lynch him.
"They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same."

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by Tazaro »

So TeeJay, telling podium "You look scummy" on the bottom of page 2 was before you actually got suspicious? My intepretation was "look scummy" = "suspicious," but I'll take your word for it for the moment because it's semantics.
Unvote: TeeJay
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by gonnano »

By "he has done nothing about his scum reads" I meant that he made accusations but no votes, which I don't like.
- Joseph Heller
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by gonnano »

*vote
- Joseph Heller
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by podium123456 »

gonnano wrote:By "he has done nothing about his scum reads" I meant that he made accusations but no votes, which I don't like.
my point still stands... neither had you at that point.

as a matter of fact... (disregarding RVS votes) he
had
placed a vote on a suspicious read (me) earlier in the game... while
you
hadn't placed a vote on anyone.

i ask again, how can you justify that accusation?
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by gonnano »

I actually did put down a vote on you earlier, but it reverted back to my RVS vote after the mod went back to edit things. The reason that I didn't vote you again was because it would have been a hammer, we hadn't heard from millar yet, we hadn't heard from Sawyer yet, and we hadn't gotten a claim from you yet.

None of Sawyer's suspects are that close to a lynch, but he still doesn't think that they're scummy enough to vote for.
- Joseph Heller

Return to “Completed Open Games”