gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:09 am

Post by gonnano »

Come on, man, read the thread. Specifically AGar's post 262 and after. It seems like you're scum just trying to drag this out so we don't get to discuss what happens afterward, but it won't work.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by AGar »

Gonnano claimed too.

RTFT.

Elleran lynch is looking mighty fine.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Elleran
Elleran
Goon
Elleran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by Elleran »

Are you kidding? -_-
Has Vel get popped yet? Otherwise, popcorn to Vel-Rahn Koon.
Helloran Elleran
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:47 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Elleran wrote:Are you kidding? -_-
Why even ask? Just read the thread. It's not that hard. -_-
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:48 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Oh wow...
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:50 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Third time's a charm... but seriously, why aren't you reading the thread?
Elleran
Elleran
Goon
Elleran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:15 am

Post by Elleran »

I was reading the thread, but I lost track of where the popcorn started and who had been popcorned.
Helloran Elleran
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:03 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Elleran wrote:I was reading the thread, but I lost track of where the popcorn started and who had been popcorned.
If you've been reading the thread, care to share any of your thoughts on it?
Good and Honest
Good and Honest
Townie
Good and Honest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:27 am

Post by Good and Honest »

AGar, let me start with this sentence of yours - "In this post, G&H demonstrates the scummy tactics of not reading the entire thread, while projecting the same issue onto another player who is, by default, unlikely to be their buddy". I don't understand this part - "while projecting the same issue onto another player" - do you mean that I have stated a particular player hasn't read the entire thread???

Also, the fact that something is pretty clear to you doesn't mean it's clear to everyone else. I don't see what harm it would have done to you if you simply answered my question - like you did in post #60, where you answered Hoopla's question, in spite of already having talked about what Hoopla asked you. In that situation, you didn't refuse to answer and tell Hoopla to "Go back, read the thread, and try again later".

I have read the thread. And what is clear to me is that in your early dialogue with Hoopla you tried to prove that Hoopla couldn't have known that you remembered Mini 909 and the "Miller" claim. However, Hoopla provided very convincing evidence of knowing that - and when Hoopla showed your reply to Amished's post mentioning the "Miller" claim, I thought that would be the end of the discussion. The fact that you at that point continued arguing, claiming that you might not have read a post you had replied to, shocked me. I really couldn't understand why you would go to such extremes.

The only explanation of yours I could find was this: "I'm arguing it because you're basically trying to say you know how I think, and that makes your actions pro-town". But this also seems baffling to me. First, I don't understand why you're saying it as if it's a bad thing!? Second, I have noticed this in other games as well - you seem to be uncomfortable when a player's comments on you are based on what that player has observed from you in other games. I guess this feeling of discomfort might have affected you during this dialogue with Hoopla and might have contributed to the fact that it seemed strange to me.

So a person might have read the entire thread and might yet not find everything pretty clear. I still find some of your actions during that dialogue confusing.

By the way, Hoopla, since AGar mentioned "you know how I think", I'm noticing something I hadn't really paid attention to before - you did say "I did this even knowing you would bring this up". Yes, you knew that AGar remembered your "Miller" claim - but why were you sure AGar would bring it up?

AGar, regarding my quote which you found odd - I'm emotional about drmyshottyizsik's situation. This is not the only game in which I'm witnessing drmyshottyizsik's behaviour and that behaviour is constantly attacked. Personally, I don't really mind what drmyshottyizsik is doing, when there are different players with different personalities and different playstyles, that only makes the game more interesting. And, as I said, I find drmyshottyizsik's behaviour relatively harmless. So I'm feeling bad when people are discussing so directly how to get rid of drmyshottyizsik.

gonnano, thank you for your examples! From the ice cream example I'm getting that you are talking about saying unrelated things which are intended to seem related to the other players. Well, it's not my strategy to do such things but I can't say with absolute certainty I'll never do it. Not to mention that sometimes even I myself am not sure whether two adjacent sentences I have written are linked or not...

From the "24 days in a week" example I'm getting that you're talking about jokes and ironical statements which are not meant to be taken literally. Well, I'm actually sure I'll be doing these. I have thought about specifying that I'm joking but I won't make such specifications absolutely every time. If you're wondering whether I'm joking in a particular situation, just ask!

I have thought about whether in some cases I'll say whether I have a particular role or not. I must say I haven't really reached a conclusion yet.

I'm sorry that I won't be able to help you but I really don't want to think about who I would vote for.

By the way, why were you so obsessed with me before my previous post? You constantly asked about me...

Elleran, in my previous post I asked you a couple of questions. Would you, please, answer them?

ConfidAnon, two days ago you promised to make a "substantial" post soon. I'm still looking forward to it!
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:50 am

Post by gonnano »

G&H, my posts #200 and #214 were to basically let the record show that you had been active on the site that day, in anticipation of the possibility that you weren't going to post that day. (At the time that I posted 200 I had seen you on the site, I posted 214 when I saw you browsing this forum.) I mentioned you later (#218), but that was mostly to point you to the questions that I thought were relevant, but were a long way back and might have been overlooked.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Elleran wrote:Are you kidding? -_-

Not a protective role.

Just got out of the car an hour ago. I'll reread from the 22nd on again and see if everyone has claimed, otherwise I'll choose the next person tomorrow.

Vel
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by AGar »

G&H, I've decided that when you stop playing at shotty's level, I'll address you. Otherwise, I'm going to get modkilled. By the way, stop bringing up yours and other people's ongoing games. Now.

All of your points are re-hashing things that were already discussed until we were blue in the face. Start playing for real and putting a half a neuron (if you have it) to use and making intelligent posts and I'll address your points.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

What do you mean my level?
#freeShotty
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

There are soo many dumb people in this game.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

@drmyshottyizsik, Elleran, and Good and Honest

WHO ARE THE SCUM AND
WHY?
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by Kid Know Nothing »

AlmasterGM wrote:@drmyshottyizsik, Elleran, and Good and Honest

WHO ARE THE SCUM AND
WHY?
Two out of three of these people have been actively hunting, for better or worse.

What's up with the recent need to dismiss people's comments as stupidity? Honestly, insults don't get you very far. Here's looking at you, Almaster and AGar.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:28 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Kid Know Nothing wrote:

WHO ARE THE SCUM AND
WHY?
Two out of three of these people have been actively hunting, for better or worse.

What's up with the recent need to dismiss people's comments as stupidity? Honestly, insults don't get you very far. Here's looking at you, Almaster and AGar.
Oh really?
Elleran wrote:First, your explanation sounds like it exempts AGar from your suspicions. Because you and AGar have played a game (or more) together before, you guys can easily read each other's meta and understand each other's strategy without direct PM or communication.

Second, I support lynching liars. I cannot disagree on your point that your claim/unclaim has brought many valuable discussion into place. However, I do not want to risk having a suspicious character in any LyLo situation. I understand this is a far-in-the-future argument, but lynching early poses less risk than later.

Third and finally, I support gonnano in his opinion on town having flexible mindset as well. I always try to play with an open mind, considering all possibilities. Perhaps some town characters might be more closed and some scums to be open/flexible, you cannot possibly assume that that is the case for all players. Your overarching assumption thus ceases to be a logical point but an opinionated assertion.

Vote Hoopla
That is the last vote / instance of scumhunting from Elleran. After that, she unvotes and does lot of fencesitting, "observing," and nothing. It was made
8 days ago.

And it wasn't even that good.
shotty wrote:I tried not to jump on the wagon, but you're just too scummy

unvote
Vote: Elleran
This is the last vote from shotty. It is contentless and has no juistification. Almost everything before that surrounding that
8 days
consists of one-line nothingness.

And Good & Honest's posts are nothing more than fluffy, incredibly wordy summaries / commentaries on events that have already happened. And she has never even put a vote down. Ever.

Show me the "active hunting" that two out of these three people have been doing. Please.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:37 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

hiphop wrote:Almaster-Does it really matter if you are insane or sane? You are a cop, who can use your role to find scum. Can you not? SSBF is a cop(so he says), who can use his role to find scum. Is there a difference? Seriously, look at the facts. Tell me the difference between SSBF and wicked. Who really is more scummy? Also I don't want to prove myself scum, if you cannot see the point, just forget about it.
Of course it matters. It delays and confuses my results so that the scum can render me essentially useless before I can do anything. If I get a guilty and claim it, we mislynch and scum know to roleblock/kill me from then on, which is the MOST LIKELY scenario to occur (since most people in the game are going to be town). The only way I can be relevant is if 1) by some stroke of luck I investigate the godfather and get a guilty, 1/10 chance of that happening, or 2) I get 2-3 investigations in so that I have a handful of innocents AND guilties, and then we mislynch the guilty and THEN know I'm insane and lynch the real scum. By which point we are probably in lylo and going to lose anyway.

So yeah, insane cop + deathmiller + godfather is PRETTY DIFFERENT from just sane cop.

And this matters because, in my opinion, SSBF is only marginally comparable to other scummy people in the game. Compare him and crypto - why is SSBF THAT much more scummy such that it's worth overlooking the cop issue?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:38 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Crap, wrong thread.

Mod: Edit out / delete post #292, please.
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:57 am

Post by redtail896 »

Elleran
has
been scumhunting. It's been almost entirely focused on Hoopla, and it's full of contradictions (see my previous posts/my vote), but it's been scumhunting. Lately he's been slacking off though.

Shotty I agree has not really been scumhunting at all. Moving on.

G&H is certainly scumhunting, although it's rather circumspect and indirect. The thing from what I can tell with G&H is that s/he asks a lot of questions and seems to have plenty of ideas, but isn't informing us of any of them. I, for one, would like to know what they are before we hit deadline. Good and Honest: who is at the top of your list? What conclusions (if any) have you come to?

Also, just to set the record straight: these are the claims on the table:
PR: drmyshottyizsik
Not PR: AlmasterGM, AGar, ConfidAnon, Elleran, Hoopla, gonnano, Kid Know Nothing, redtail896, Vel-Rahn Koon
No Claim Yet: Good and Honest, Zachrulez

In the interest of time (deadline is the day after tomorrow), I send the ball to Good and Honest.
You can just call me Redtail. If I could, I'd change my name to that anyway.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:45 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

redtail wrote:Elleran has been scumhunting. It's been almost entirely focused on Hoopla, and it's full of contradictions (see my previous posts/my vote), but it's been scumhunting. Lately he's been slacking off though.
So Elleran...

1) Tunnels Hoopla
2) The arguments in the tunnel aren't good at all
3) And she hasn't even done either of those in over a week

I don't see how you two (redtail and KNK) can defend this.
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:50 am

Post by redtail896 »

AlmasterGM wrote:
redtail wrote:Elleran has been scumhunting. It's been almost entirely focused on Hoopla, and it's full of contradictions (see my previous posts/my vote), but it's been scumhunting. Lately he's been slacking off though.
So Elleran...

1) Tunnels Hoopla

I'm not defending this. I think he's rather suspicious, and I'm voting for him. I'm merely noting that it does actually qualify as scumhunting, even if it's ineffective. Honestly, I feel like we're just parsing definitions here.
You can just call me Redtail. If I could, I'd change my name to that anyway.
Elleran
Elleran
Goon
Elleran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:01 am

Post by Elleran »

AlmasterGM wrote:
So Elleran...

1) Tunnels Hoopla

First, I'm a guy, AlmasterGM.

Now, to answer you:
I did indeed accuse and vote Hoopla before I admitted my case was weak and took off my vote. I also realize that I have been slacking off for the past week, but that was because I was busy in my real life. Sorry about that... >.<

WHO ARE THE SCUM AND
WHY?
I have town reads from AGar as of now. I am and will be suspicious of Hoopla due to her early claim/unclaim. However, I am not sure enough to place a vote yet. And accusing me because I haven't voted seriously isn't a good accusation. Just because I have no vote on anyone doesn't mean that I'm automatically scum.
Helloran Elleran
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:07 am

Post by Hoopla »

Elleran wrote: I have town reads from AGar as of now. I am and will be suspicious of Hoopla due to her early claim/unclaim. However, I am not sure enough to place a vote yet. And accusing me because I haven't voted seriously isn't a good accusation. Just because I have no vote on anyone doesn't mean that I'm automatically scum.
WE'RE 300 POSTS IN TO DAY 1. THERE IS ENOUGH INFORMATION TO FIND SOMEONE SCUMMY.

You're getting lynched so hard as soon as we finish this massclaim off.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:51 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Good and Honest wrote:ConfidAnon, two days ago you promised to make a "substantial" post soon. I'm still looking forward to it!
By substantial I meant "get caught up and start discussing things." I'm not that great at making walls of text and things of that nature. I'm sure as I play it will get better, but I've made my "substantial" post. Perhaps substantial was not the right word, but oh well.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”