Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Mini #1007 (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by Espeonage »

The Mayor of Pleasantville sat down at his desk after sending the last of his letters. They were going out to the people his workers had deemed to be the town's best chance at catching the Mafia members, that had infiltrated the town. A smash in the hallway alerted him to the Mafian standing just outside his doorway.
At gun point the Mayor wrote more of the letters until the Mafian was pleased. It was the last thing he would be able to do.
The next morning twelve residents of Pleasantville awoke to find each of their letters:

Greetings, This is your Mayor.
It has come to my attention that there are Mafia in our good town of Pleasantville. It is now come down to you to stop these scumbags before they overun the town.

The letterholders met in the town square to start the investigation.

In the Land of the Living: 3/12

Equinox
replaces ConfidAnon

AlmasterGM
Vel-Rahn Koon

In the Domain of the Dead: 9/12

Elleran - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 1

AGar - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night 1

Zachrulez - Mafia Goon - Lynched Day 2

drmyshottyizsik - Town Doctor - Killed Night 2

gonnano - Lover - Lynched Day 3

Good and Honest - Trecherous Lover - Suicided Night 3

Hoopla - Town Tracker - Killed Night 3

Kid Know Nothing - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 4

redtail896 - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night 5
Last edited by Espeonage on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:28 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Rules: (Adapted from KittyMo who adapted it from MiteyMouse, Vel-Rahn Koon, and DragonPheonix.)

You pledge:
1. To remember that this is a game and to have fun, be respectful, and try not to take anything personally.
2. To remember that when you signed up for this game, you made a commitment to it. Please let the mod and the other players know if you're leaving for an extended period of time. If you cannot commit, it's okay to ask for replacement but make sure you do leave notification. In sig is fine, I will check.
3. To try to keep a posting level of at least once every 48 hours.
4. To play to the spirit of the game. This means not quoting role PMs or private communication with the moderator in any way. Paraphrasing for things like role claiming is okay. The way your role PM is phrased should not be a method of scumhunting.
5. To not communicate outside of this topic with other players unless your role PM specifically allows it.
6. To keep talk about this game and other ongoing games in their respective game threads.
7. To not use purple-colored text. The mod has claimed it as his color.

8. To vote using the vote tags eg VOTE: Espeonage . You are allowed to shorten their name as long as it is still clear who you are talking about.
Unvotes are neccessary when changing your vote, If you do not unvote, your new vote will not be counted.

9. To get my attention by saying something such as
Mod: The vote count is incorrect.
in your post, or PMing me. When posting to me in thread bolded text preferable or I may miss it.
10. To send any due night actions by the posted deadline. If I don't receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline, you will forfeit your actions. If you have a night action, but do not want to perform it during a particular night phase, you may instead submit a "No Action" PM.
11. To recognize that during twilight, the lynched player (if there is one) cannot talk during Twilight , and that no further votes and unvotes will count. Living players may continue to post.
12. To recognize the fact that when you're dead, you're dead, and that it's not your place to affect the game any further. Not even to make a BAH post.
13. To not edit posts or use any mod priveleges you may have in this game.

I pledge:
1. To keep the game active by prodding players who go without posting for more than 48 hours, and replacing any players that go without posting for more than 96 hours without letting me know of their leave, exceptions made for weekends and holidays. I will also prod upon reasonable request. NOTE: I live in Australia and may not know about any American holidays. If this situation occurs, prior notice of the holiday is required.
2. To try my best to not make game-damaging mistakes. If I do make a mistake, please correct me in thread. For serious mistakes that may affect the outcome of the game, please PM me.
3. To post links to any QTs, role PMs, night actions, and other information that players may be wondering about. If this is an issue, please let me know.
4. Set 2 week day deadlines in order to keep games active and productive. I may extend the deadline upon requests, or as a result of replacements or any other problems that may occur.
5. To pronounce a No Lynch should the town have not come to a consensus by deadline.
6. Handle lynches before deadline in the following way: Whenever a player has reached a simple majority of votes (s)he will be considered lynched and the game will roll over into twilight. Twilight will end when I post a death scene and lock the topic.
7. To have night deadlines last a minimum of 72 hours, which may be extended as a result of replacements or any other situations.
8. To keep vote counts regular, preferably once a day or once per page, whichever is sooner. They will be in their own post.
9. To keep the first post updated and accurate whenever possible.
10. To remember that being a Mod is a very important commitment and put my modding duties as a priority.
11. To reserve the right to use my best judgement in a situation not covered by these rules.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Now that everyone has confirmed, there will be 24 hours of pre game chatter. You may start posting votes exactly 24 hours from now. This is to let you guys get to know each other without using up any of your two weeks and so scum have a chance to get to know each other.

Also. I realised I forgot this:

VT Role PM:

Greetings, This is your Mayor.
It has come to my attention that there are Mafia in our good town of Pleasantville. It is now come down to you to stop these scumbags before they overun the town.

You're a Vanilla Townie. You may not have any special talents, but when push comes to shove you have the courage to place your vote and stamp your opinion.

It is common knowledge and shouldn't be used as a scumhunting tool.
Don't @ me.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

I like the pregame chatter idea.

Anyways, hi everybody.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Hello, good luck everyone. May the best team win.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:57 am

Post by AGar »

Oi.

Hi Hoopla. Hello gonnano.

And VRK is here. Scratch one off the list of players I wanted to play with.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:32 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Hi all! Looking forward to a great game.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:35 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Glad we have some thrilling pre-game chatter in here.

xD
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:20 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Hi.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:25 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Hey guys, what's up?
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:11 am

Post by redtail896 »

Hi everyone, and nice to see you again Hoopla.
You can just call me Redtail. If I could, I'd change my name to that anyway.
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:59 am

Post by gonnano »

Hello all
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
Elleran
Elleran
Goon
Elleran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Elleran »

Sup, everyone! gl hf. Good game to all.

Hey Vel! Nice to see you as a player and not as my mod.
Helloran Elleran
Elleran
Elleran
Goon
Elleran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by Elleran »

@Hoopla: your avatar looks little painful..
Helloran Elleran
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by AGar »

Elleran - Raszagal? (spelling is off)
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Elleran wrote:@Hoopla: your avatar looks little painful..
So does your face.
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:27 pm

Post by Kid Know Nothing »

Hello everyone
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:47 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Day 1 has started. Mafia must cease talking. You now have two weeks. Go.
Don't @ me.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:08 am

Post by Hoopla »

Thanks Esp!

Claim:
Paranoid Gun Owner

Discuss.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:55 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Why make the claim now? I think that's a waste of a potential Town NK. Best case scenario is that you're now guaranteed to be in LyLo with the last Mafia and an unconfirmed Townie who've cross-voted and you have to make the final decision.

However, I'm glad we're going to skip RVS.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:01 am

Post by Hoopla »

Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:Why make the claim now? I think that's a waste of a potential Town NK. Best case scenario is that you're now guaranteed to be in LyLo with the last Mafia and an unconfirmed Townie who've cross-voted and you have to make the final decision.
Really, I had no choice. Just think if I left it, and was responsible for one or two town PR deaths? Of course, there is the chance of hitting scum if I can play well enough to attract the night kill. Knowing me, I'd be likelier to attract doctors and investigation roles if I didn't claim, though. Ever played with a PGO before, Vel? What are your current thoughts about how I should be treated?
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:08 am

Post by AGar »

Hoopla wrote:
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:Why make the claim now? I think that's a waste of a potential Town NK. Best case scenario is that you're now guaranteed to be in LyLo with the last Mafia and an unconfirmed Townie who've cross-voted and you have to make the final decision.
Really, I had no choice. Just think if I left it, and was responsible for one or two town PR deaths? Of course, there is the chance of hitting scum if I can play well enough to attract the night kill. Knowing me, I'd be likelier to attract doctors and investigation roles if I didn't claim, though. Ever played with a PGO before, Vel? What are your current thoughts about how I should be treated?
I disagree with part of this.

I agree with claiming on Day 1 as PGO. You don't want to necessarily draw any pro-town PRs to you and end up responsible for their deaths.

I disagree with claiming to start Day 1. I'd find it a much better idea to wait until Day 1 has progressed some, and maybe even towards the lynch happening or twilight before claiming.

I also find this slightly scummy, because I've seen you pull this stunt before, back in 909, where you claimed miller off the bat, and then turned out to be a goon.

VOTE: Hoopla

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:11 am

Post by Hoopla »

AGar, what would you have done if Vel-Rahn Koon claimed PGO Day 1, instead of me? Would you still feel this way?
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:25 am

Post by AGar »

I would have had the same opinion about the claim itself. But knowing you've done this before, basically to avoid any investigative results being used against you, I feel like you could be manipulating the same ploy. By claiming PGO, you are basically trying to deter any pro-town PR from targeting you. Again, this can basically force investigative roles away from targeting you and allow you to have one less worry on your back if you are scum. So basically, to your insinuated question, yes, I feel that this is potentially a scummy gambit because of a previous gambit you made in similar fashion.

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:34 am

Post by Hoopla »

Can you explain what the scum motivation would be for me to fake-claim in this instance,
knowing
that you have witnessed me do this as a miller before? I'm well aware this will improve my chances of being lynched (even more so with your knowledge of my scum game), but the rewards of this claim certainly isn't worth that risk as scum. For me, the prevention of town PR's deathes takes precedence over my own survival, which was the catalyst for my decision to claim.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”