Newbie 981 ~ Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:27 am

Post by Andrius »

Julien wrote:@ Andrius: Thanks for the meta, I'll go through it. To be honest I'm currently more interested in Tangion and Mothrax as possible scum, atm; I appreciate your replies.
you're actually going to read my meta? I gave you like 4 games? O_O I'm just surprised; they have alot of pages. Especially the Werewolf one, where I only replaced in on D7. lol
KittyMo wrote: Don`t worry or cry. :O ~Kitty
:cry:
And I still want to go to ScumStorm really bad. :(
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Tangion
Tangion
Goon
Tangion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:17 am

Post by Tangion »

Ok I have just done a day 1 re read and I have a new reason to suspect andy from what I suspect it almost looks like a long planned thing his first post he mentions he's working on his scum hunting which would from the gate divert suspicion from himself then before day 1 while he can still pm he fos's me then the dr makes a comment "fos tangion please" now that he is flipped scum that can be read several ways I'm sure one of which andy will say he was trying to divert suspicion away from me but I think it may have been a way to divert suspicion from andy it is my opinion that andy is a very skilled player and may have coached the dr to vote for andy day one early and to try and add suspicion to anyone else but had a special case against me because I took so long to confirm and that could potentially explain the miss vote auto pilot thing additionally I think it may have been part of the plan for him to get hung day 1 hence why the dr's last statement of twilight first day " I'm scum and I'm a genius" and andy's later remark that the worst thing you can do is hang your scumbuddy day 1 takes further suspicion away from him but if you notice he even added an exception to that which being new I did not really understand and am not sure if that exception could apply to this game.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:00 am

Post by KittyMo »

[3] Tangion - (Andrius, mothrax, willows_weep)

[1] Andrius - (Tangion)
[0] Adrien C - ()
[0] jntp - ()
[0] julienvonwolfe - ()
[0] mothrax - ()
[0] willows_weep - ()

[3]
Not Voting
- (Adrien C, jntp, julienvonwolfe)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by mothrax »

posting to avoid prod... nothing new to comment on really... though I am waiting on adrien c's promised synopsis and reveal of who he thinks is scummy
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by Adrien C »

mothrax wrote:posting to avoid prod... nothing new to comment on really... though I am waiting on adrien c's promised synopsis and reveal of who he thinks is scummy
Yeah, church was longer than usual then family business. I'm still going to analyze the entire thread later.

Active lurking much?
Pretend like something witty, funny, or inspiration is written here.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by mothrax »

No, just waiting for something to happen... We have been waiting for a week for something to happen... Tangion has been sitting at L-1 since last friday... I think he is scum, I have given my reasons why I think he is scum. nothing content wise has really happened since my last post so I don't really feel the need to clutter up the thread anymore than it already is. Like I said in my previous post, I have nothing new to add since nothing new has happened, but I don't want kittymo to have to prod me... hence my post.
Tangion
Tangion
Goon
Tangion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by Tangion »

So at this point and time there is nothing I can say to get conversation going I feel so important just being dismissed like that and I thought I had a good theory to o well
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by mothrax »

I think it is an interesting theory Tangion, but not really a viable one... I think purposely lynching scum as part of a plan is something only a crazy person would do as it puts the scum at such a rediculous disadvantage... plus if I were the scum to be lynched, I would be livid.... I call shenanigans....
(Grasping at straws much?)
Tangion
Tangion
Goon
Tangion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by Tangion »

So when I flip town who is your next suspect?
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:36 pm

Post by Adrien C »

My suspect list (in this order):
Tangion
Tangion wrote:VOTE: no lynch
No lynch on Day 1... *facepalm*
Tangion wrote:What is the suspicion on the doc anyway why does so many there scum?
Defending the guy who flipped scum. Tsk, tsk...
Tangion wrote:Well unfortunately there Is not much I can do I don't know how I would convince everyone o
otherwise all I can do is play it out and see what happens I hope that even if I die that
it helps me win in the long run.
Notice the bold. Scum is the faction that the winners don't have survive to win in the Newbie games.
Tangion wrote:Well as far as him following my votes I can only think that maybe he might have been trying to divert attention from his real partner to me. And as far as asking questions went I decided I'd wait and see what happened to see if I could learn more I had suspicion that the way mothrax and andy were going back and forth it may have been a scum ploy blame each other so no one suspects them but now I know that only one of them could be scum since dr was scum and right now I'm leaning toward andy. I'm still relatively new and haven't really learned to much strategy that's part of why I voted no lynch I wasn't sure who to vote for and never thought of lynch as the only real weapon the town has as andy pointed out to me I didn't change it cause I figured as the only one voting it I would have plenty of time to change it if need be past.
That I can't explain anything that dr did
AtE, newbie card (I so did that on my first game and I was scum), and I'm uncomfortable with the bolded part.
Tangion wrote:They put that in cuz he posted so she edited him out and I was thinking of changing my vote to hammer but 2 things stopped me 1 I was afraid of being night killed if I was right and 2 well I'm new enough
I was also afraid of being wrong and being suspected of being scum but it appears that that happened anyway.
You should NEVER be afraid of being wrong or suspected if you actually are town. If you actually are lynched, your fellow townies can get some information from your flip, and if you are innocent, you know you have nothing to hide.
Tangion wrote:I'm town
Anyone can say that.

Basic analysis: Newbie? Yes. Town? I'm not so sure. Enough evidence is there to suspect him in being scum. I'm not going to call for a hammer on him just yet, so I'm not going to vote for him just yet. But when the time comes, I will probably be willing to hammer once we get to that point.

---------------------
Andy: (First page posts on his ISO I don't feel like quoting)

Active lurking. You're an SE, you should definitely be scumhunting. Active lurking like this from an SE definitely pings on my scumdar.

(The questions then more active lurking...I'm facepalming as I'm reading this...)

(Second page, a useless post at least concerning the game followed by more active lurking)
Andrius wrote:Hm. I was expecting a SE/IC to die.
IDK how they find out who the Doc is.
:/
Gut vote before I head out on my V/LA.
Vote: Tangion
After Dr.'s screw up, Tangion is #1 suspect for his scumbuddy, then mothrax. :)

See you guys in a couple days.
Newbies, learn from this...usually if someone congrats the doc for protecting the right guy or going "Aww, that sucks" when a PR goes down, that person has a (I believe it's) 60% chance of being scum.

(Posts being way too eager to get Tanny hammered)

Basic Analysis: If Tanigon flips town and nothing happens to change my mind, this is where I'd go.'

Any questions?
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by Andrius »

Adrien wrote: Active lurking. You're an SE, you should definitely be scumhunting. Active lurking like this from an SE definitely pings on my scumdar.
(The questions then more active lurking...I'm facepalming as I'm reading this...)
(Second page, a useless post at least concerning the game followed by more active lurking)
You'll understand what I'm doing later on.
Adrien wrote: Newbies, learn from this...usually if someone congrats the doc for protecting the right guy or going "Aww, that sucks" when a PR goes down, that person has a (I believe it's) 60% chance of being scum.
I'm actually curious though. Why would the random scum player target a random player instead of a IC/SE, for that player to flip Doc? Without a claim (or tells I can see).

No questions, since you are willing to hammer.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Don't hammer until we get another post from jntp - preferably one with some substance, though one saying 'sorry guys I'm replacing out' would do as well.
jntp
jntp
Townie
jntp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:28 pm

Post by jntp »

just posting to avoid getting prod (unless u guys really want me to)
sigh....it's already midnight again.... i need to check mafia earlier in the day
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:15 am

Post by willows_weep »

lol...seriously. This is hilarious. We seriously can't get him automatically replaced as he hasn't posted anything other than...poor excuses to continue to barely exist here?

for shame.

A game that is completely voluntary. No one uses any corporal punishment techniques to get anyone to sign up...and it outright says you need to post and play regularly/consistently (some even say every 24/48/etc hrs. upon punishment of being replaced...i.e. stressing the importance of participation).

Anyway, I'm at work, the presenter was late and is now just talking off topic...sigh. What has this world come to.
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:36 am

Post by Adrien C »

Andrius wrote:
Adrien wrote: Active lurking. You're an SE, you should definitely be scumhunting. Active lurking like this from an SE definitely pings on my scumdar.
You'll understand what I'm doing later on.
I'm counting on it.

Adrien wrote: Newbies, learn from this...usually if someone congrats the doc for protecting the right guy or going "Aww, that sucks" when a PR goes down, that person has a (I believe it's) 60% chance of being scum.
I'm actually curious though. Why would the random scum player target a random player instead of a IC/SE, for that player to flip Doc? Without a claim (or tells I can see).
I'm not saying your post was incorrect. I'm just saying your post pinged on my scumdar.

No questions, since you are willing to hammer.
Fixed your tags. :3 ~Kitty
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:54 am

Post by Andrius »

Sooo... can we get a hammer on Tangion?
I feel like he's currenty trying to tunnel me in the hopes that we'll get scared and back off.

We could win this before KittyMo has to leave, guys. Let's do this.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:56 am

Post by Andrius »

And Tangion, next time you make a big post, please use periods and line breaks and stuff. The block of unpunctuated text is hard to read. :|
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:01 am

Post by Adrien C »

I want a claim before I hammer. I tell you what, if there's no post from Tanny in the next 24 hours, I'll hammer then.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:13 am

Post by Andrius »

He already claimed.
He claimed "town" which means Vanilla Townie, since the Doc is dead and he would have said "Cop" if he were the Cop.
Besides, if he is mafia then there is the following:
-He is Mafia Goon, and knows there is no Cop
-He is Mafia RB, and knows there is a Cop who will CC him.

He had to claim VT.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:14 am

Post by willows_weep »

Hm, a claim?
Tangion claim vanilla townie a bit ago. I hope it hasn't changed. If he had a power role then he should have claimed it at that point since the point we are at NOW is the same as when he claimed VT.

That would have been some good discussion. We may or may not have a cop (and we already lost the Doc). That would be a useless fake claim as it's really hard to prove (and has a history of being pop amongst scared scum).
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:15 am

Post by Andrius »

He is not a PR.
Hammer him.
We must move on.
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:00 am

Post by Adrien C »

Fine. I'll hammer, but you're on my list if he flips town, Andy.

VOTE: Tanigon
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:06 am

Post by Andrius »

Adrien C wrote:Fine. I'll hammer, but you're on my list if he flips town, Andy.

VOTE: Tanigon
I can accept that.
But I'm 90% sure he'll flip scum.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:51 am

Post by Andrius »

Earth to KittyMo, come in KittyMo. <3 Waiting for a flip.

Right, sorry. Too busy being overexcited about the invitationals. >_>; Scene incoming!
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:07 am

Post by KittyMo »

[4] Tangion - (Andrius, mothrax, willows_weep, Adrien C)

[1] Andrius - (Tangion)
[0] Adrien C - ()
[0] jntp - ()
[0] julienvonwolfe - ()
[0] mothrax - ()
[0] willows_weep - ()

[2]
Not Voting
- (jntp, julienvonwolfe)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

FLAVORAfter some discussion, the town is pretty positive of Tangion's guilt.

After all, when the last mafia is gone, they can go back to petting kitties and frolicking happily in meadows.

"For the kitties!" The town declares, confirming their decision to kill Tangion.

FLAVORBut...something's not quite right...

Searching his body, the town determines...

Tangion, Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 2

FLAVORLooks like the kitties will have to be petted later...

It is now Night 2.

The Night Action Deadline is Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 1:00:00 PM (San Diego time).

No talking. I must update the thread before I can lock it..

Done with edits. The thread will be locked now. Ni night, sleep tight...don't let the scum bite! ;)
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”