Newbie 976 - Game Over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
theperson
theperson
Goon
theperson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by theperson »

It means:

It seems Friend couldn't protect himself last night...

What was your investigation result?

Or are you just scum?
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by startransmission »

theperson wrote:It means:

It seems Friend couldn't protect himself last night...

What was your investigation result?

Or are you just scum?
He could've, but he apparently chose not to.
Zorblag wrote:The F11 setup is the current game format used in Newbie games. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, these Newbie Games are Semi-Open. The actual game setup is randomly chosen from one of four possible setups as detailed below:
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies
Believe it or not, we are dealing with the first setup. Meaning the mafia have a roleblocker and used that ability to prevent my investigation. Nothing surprising there.
RazorStar wrote:Yes I'm interested to hear what ST has to say. If he is the cop, he should have some news for us.
To me this a very good indicator (amongst others) that Razor is scum. This falls into the gloating tell that often follows either a NK or a blocked NA. It's a very common scumtell. And it's something I was expecting, as I knew what the setup was yesterday, and had no illusion that I would be NKed. What Razor is doing is playing off the paranoia of the town.

And DP's post is ridiculous as (a. he should know that if I were the cop I would be roleblocked and (b. what the hell? Yes, I investigated myself and guess what, I'm scum after all! The post was unproductive to say the least.

There's much more to comment on, and I'll have to get to it later tonight. I still want a Gandalf lynch, but I'd like to hear from him or his replacement. Razor is very high on my scumdar, in fact I'd be ok with his lynch, but I need to explain why in further detail as well as ask some questions.

One thing before I get back on, for the love of god, I know that scum (likely) quickhammered yesterday and all- but we need to slow this shit down. We're on D3 and we're only 18 pages in? That doesn't allow for the time necessary to achieve the information needed to make the best lynch decisions. Yeah, yesterday was a fluke, but let's calm down on votes, or at least on letting wagons grow too large too fast.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
RazorStar
RazorStar
Townie
RazorStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by RazorStar »

Doctors can't protect themselves anyway. Tp I don't think you're the head of any operation, but my level of suspicion towards you is only a bit less than the other members in this game.

UNVOTE:

I do want to hear why DP and Gandalf can't be scum together though.
Warning: Opinions are included, keep out of reach from small children.

Record W-L-T
Mafia 1-0-0
Town 0-0-0
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by DavidParker »

So you haven't read the thread properly, that's anti-town behavior, bordering on scummy.

Here, I'll spoon-feed you the information.

ST claimed cop, and said he investigated me and got a town result. The only way I can be scum is if ST is lying, and I am his scum buddy. Even if ST is lying and is scum, he may have just fed you guys a true town read, and his scum buddy is elsewhere.

So even if you think I'm scum, you should lynch ST today, not myself.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:39 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Vote Count 3.1

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

RazorStar: 1: Framm 18 (1)

Not voting: DavidParker, gandalf5166, RazorStar, startransmission, theperson

With 6 players alive it takes 4 to lynch. Currently RazorStar would be lynched at deadline. Deadline is 11:00 PM EDT/8:00 PM PDT on Tuesday, August 3rd. Deadline Countdown.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
RazorStar
RazorStar
Townie
RazorStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:11 pm

Post by RazorStar »

Exactly as I saw it before, thanks David, but I was asking Tp. You know how telephone works,

Record W-L-T
Mafia 1-0-0
Town 0-0-0
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:35 am

Post by DavidParker »

I don't care who you were asking it was a dumb question, with an answer that wasn't even game-related, but more mechanics based (unless ST is a VT)
theperson
theperson
Goon
theperson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:34 am

Post by theperson »

I really hope ST isn't a VT...That would really make this game hard for us. But yeah DP, why did you possibly think ST would have a result? Or were you hoping he would fall into a trap?

And RazorStar, why did you ask me to explain? I had already typed it up, but accidentally refreshed the page and I didn't feel like typing it up again (I felt it was obvious). I never actually stated it but DP had mentioned it a few times. For some reason I thought I had mentioned it, but apparently I hadn't. I still think it was kind of unnecessary if you actually understood it to ask me.

So, 12 days to deadline. I'd like to use much more time than we have been using (as ST said, it's only 19 pages...Already day 3.), and not sure who's lynch I would prefer at this point. Gandalf would have been my first choice, but since RazorStar hammered and after today...Then there's ST. The thing is, I really can't decide who I think is most likely to be scum today (because it's important to lynch scum, not anti-town), so let's make use of our time and have activity!
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:43 am

Post by DavidParker »

I didn't think for a second he had a result. In fact, if he had claimed one I would have immediately accused him of being scum for getting one. I was merely asking for the sake of it really. As soon as there was a doctor, that means there's a roleblocker (if there's a cop) so a cop will never get a result. Alternatively, he is scum claiming cop, and knows to say he was roleblocked (the obvious thing to do)

@ST: Can you please restate fully why you chose to investigate me night 1?

Also, 10 pages for each day isn't that bad.. The only bad thing is 1 or 2 players lurking/being replaced/not contributing. I feel as if the past few days have gone well with the exception of RazorStar's foolish hammer.

With that said, I'm not going to rush into anything, as I, myself, have no "strong" feelings about scum in any players. And, as stated, with Friend flipping doctor, I'm going to assume he protected Framm when he succeeded. He seems to have hinted at it, although I still want to be cautious as if he was a doctor, that is essentially giving away to the scum that he is the doctor (assuming they have a brain), while not telling us he is the doctor.. Sure, he claimed it was his gut, but it seems scum read through that (assuming he did protect framm).

Definitely time to go back and see what happened on day 1 with regard to bandwagons and iso some people. Will probably have quesitons for people and some iso-information in the next couple of days here and hope others can do something similar to help.
Framm 18
Framm 18
Goon
Framm 18
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by Framm 18 »

I just realized that I had not posted in almost three days. :oops:

Okay, I really need to look back at the remaining players ISO, but I would really like to hear from Gandalf since I don't think that he has posted since before the night phase.

@ST: What else do you have? I get having a life outside of this game, but it feels like you keep saying that you have something to comment on and that you will get it later and then you seem to forget about it.

@Everybody: If you had to hammer one person at this moment, who would it be and why?

Right now it would be a toss-up between Gandalf and RazorStar, I think that Gandalf has all but given up on this game, and what RazorStar did last lynch was a BIG no-no, and there was no reason for it.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:52 pm

Post by DavidParker »

I haven't finished (or even started) my re-read/isos yet, but I just saw a new post of yours.. I'd just like to post my disapproval of that last question you posted Framm. It's basically telling scum who to leave alive (if we don't lynch them today). I think it might be best to let our votes do the talking.
Framm 18
Framm 18
Goon
Framm 18
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by Framm 18 »

@MOD: Please prod Gandalf
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:39 pm

Framm 18 wrote:@ST: What else do you have? I get having a life outside of this game, but it feels like you keep saying that you have something to comment on and that you will get it later and then you seem to forget about it.
I don't think I've forgotten anything, but if I have point it out and I'll address it. The things I wanted to touch on in my last post will hopefully come later tonight. At the moment I'm in the middle of a hellish work week and I'm exhausted, but getting to what I want to get to is a priority for me.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Mod Note: Prodding gandalf5166.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
RazorStar
RazorStar
Townie
RazorStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:25 am

Post by RazorStar »

Just wanted to see if you would have said anything different, like a slip up or something. but whatever. I'm sure there is a third option there, (ST is town, lying about cop to protect himself) but that's just unlikely. Which is what I was wondering about, but it didn't seem like you were considering it David. That's all.

Record W-L-T
Mafia 1-0-0
Town 0-0-0
theperson
theperson
Goon
theperson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:36 am

Post by theperson »

The thing is, I wouldn't expect DavidParker to miss that case. Why?
DavidParker wrote:(For those unaware I claimed cop as a VT in my last game with NS)
However, I think ST is experienced enough to know not to do that, especially in a newbie game.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:38 am

theperson wrote:The thing is, I wouldn't expect DavidParker to miss that case. Why?
DavidParker wrote:(For those unaware I claimed cop as a VT in my last game with NS)
However, I think ST is experienced enough to know not to do that, especially in a newbie game.
What's more is that I feel that goes directly against a town WC, and therefore is close to breaking the rules. Imagine if I were only a VT and claimed cop, but there was a real cop out there who counterclaimed. One of the two of us would be lynched, not scum.

I know I keep putting it off, but I have to go to work so my case on Razor etc. will have to wait a bit longer.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
theperson
theperson
Goon
theperson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:46 am

Post by theperson »

And if the cop was lynched, both would be lynched. Yeah I agree that it's stupid, and I didn't at all think that you would be the kind of person that does that.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:50 am

Post by DavidParker »

RazorStar wrote:Just wanted to see if you would have said anything different, like a slip up or something. but whatever. I'm sure there is a third option there, (ST is town, lying about cop to protect himself) but that's just unlikely. Which is what I was wondering about, but it didn't seem like you were considering it David. That's all.

The fact you are bringing this up makes me find you scummier. Until he claims VT, I am going to act solely under the assumption that he is a cop or scum. In the event that he claims VT later, I will act under the assumption he is a VT or scum.
RazorStar
RazorStar
Townie
RazorStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:55 am

Post by RazorStar »

All you're saying is my actions make me seem scummier, but I'm just considering the options here. To me looking at all the possibilities doesn't seem anti-town at all.

Record W-L-T
Mafia 1-0-0
Town 0-0-0
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:02 am

Post by DavidParker »

Have you considered the possibility that the mod is a bastard-mod and I'm actually a multi-shot nk-immune unlynchable double-voting miller vig?
RazorStar
RazorStar
Townie
RazorStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:57 am

Post by RazorStar »

This is a newbie game though... and you completely lost me.

Record W-L-T
Mafia 1-0-0
Town 0-0-0
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:40 am

Post by DavidParker »

My point was that you shouldn't consider things that aren't worth considering.
RazorStar
RazorStar
Townie
RazorStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by RazorStar »

Yes but my considerations are in the realms of plausibility, I'd consider that worth considering.

VOTE: Gandalf

Record W-L-T
Mafia 1-0-0
Town 0-0-0
theperson
theperson
Goon
theperson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by theperson »

RazorStar, I've seen you do this before. You say something, then you vote someone that you weren't talking to or anything. Always provide an explanation, even if that explanation is simply "for reasons stated above". It makes it a lot easier to understand what's going on.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”