Newbie 981 ~ Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by mothrax »

Sorry, today(irl) was chore day and other irl stuff has been kind of time consuming. I am going to try and be more active...
That being said, I think that there has been much said worth commenting on. I need to go back and re-read day one again and do a VA...

I too would like to hear wulfs oppinions on day one events.
But for now, my vote stands for previously mentioned reasons, but it may change soon.
jntp
jntp
Townie
jntp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by jntp »

@willows_weep
FOS: JNTP

Where were you during D1?? Other folks are claiming that they were predisposed. You however, haven't claimed such a think. Yesterday your's was the first vote on Dr. You were also absent from the thread the majority of the most active part of D1. Do you know what that looks like to me?
It looks like: You voted Dr. during a low pitch/key time and wasn't able to argue off of it before it was too late. So, you could very well have been just trying to have voted your scum buddy to distance yourself later on. Unfortunately, Dr. made many slip ups and you logically couldn't take your vote off without seeming scummy or you just didn't have time too when it came down to the crunch.
To be honest, i almost forgot that i had a mafia game going on on day 1..
But anyway, if i were absent for the majority of the thread, does not that make me ineligible vote?
You voted Dr. during a low pitch/key time and wasn't able to argue off of it before it was too late.
If you look at the earlier posts, i did not even vote anyone.. Basically, you contradicted yourself by saying I was "absent from the thread the majority of the active part of D1" and then you say that I "voted Dr, druing a low pitch/key time and wasn't able to argue off of it before it was too late."
Unfortunately, Dr. made many slip ups and you logically couldn't take your vote off without seeming scummy or you just didn't have time too when it came down to the crunch.
Again, if you look at the earlier posts, I was absent from voting on D1. So obviously, I couldn't have taken my "vote off without seeming scummy..." DUH! :P

So why are you randomly accusing me of stuff that I evidently did not do?
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Hm, sorry on thinking you voted. I confused you with whoever that was voting for the evil smiley.
Sorry about that.

The spirit of the analysis of you remains the same regardless. The point I was making is that your vote (or lack thereof) for Dr. can be seen as suspicious. You were absent from the thread during a high activity time and when you were there you didn't have any real say in the climax. So, no one knows your opinion.

No, that does not make you ineligible for a vote or seeming scummy. So you know, such inactivity is usually met with pressure votes. Some folks call this 'lurking'. Many people find this uber scummy.

You say you "almost forgot you had a game going on D1" which is kind of odd seeing as you posted a few offtopic things.
Posting only a few times during a Day and most of it being offtopic is pretty much in line with lurking.

The FOS still stands. My reasoning for it is essentially the same regardless of you having voted/not voted. The point is your being inactive and as such your alliance cannot be sorted out. That's not a good thing when we need to be scum hunting.
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
KnightofZero
KnightofZero
Townie
KnightofZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by KnightofZero »

Just a reminder guys: this'll be the last post I make before I go V/LA.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by Andrius »

Nice to see you guys've been busy.
Rereading the thread. Gimme' a sec.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by Andrius »

Tangion wrote: Andy because he already said he will take out his scumbuddy to win and after a mess up like that he couldn't afford to keep him around he even checked on a bah post to make sure he wouldn't get back at him and the way he votes it seems he's trying to get everyone suspecting everyone and I think his suspicion of me is just a convenient and easy bandwagon.
Let me put it to you this way: dropping your scumbuddy D1 is a horrible move. Period. Especially with a Doc/Cop or both running around; its always a bad move for scum to actively campaign to get their buddies lynched. Unless their buddy is a Usurper, and you're the Godfather. That's different. ;)
mothrax wrote: @andy: out of curiosity, what is your read on willows?
Typical townie in a Newbie game. Not posting too much, not being too active. SE too, so he knows what he's doing.
willows wrote: Andrius?
Why were you so worried about Dr. potentially revealing their scum buddy?
There didn't seem any reason to even think that Dr. would.
Sorry, I was in surgery/recovery until now.
B/c he'd get modkilled, which is bad form, and we'd insta-win. We aren't teaching the Newbies anything by having scum give up on D1.
I've openly claimed scum in a few games. People do silly things. (But I still won, so. ;))

I still think Tangion should be the play for today. Due to the Dr voting mishap D1, I'm convinced of the Dr./Tangion scumpairing here.
No one has more connections with Dr. than Tangion, especially due to that mishap D1.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:03 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Thanks for posting Andrius. Good vibes to you and your well being.

I want to hear what mothrax has to say I want to know why his vote "may change soon" if he's so convinced of Tangion.
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:42 pm

Post by Andrius »

willows_weep wrote:Thanks for posting Andrius. Good vibes to you and your well being.

I want to hear what mothrax has to say I want to know why his vote "may change soon" if he's so convinced of Tangion.
Good vibes? Haven't heard that before.
Thanks. It went well, and I go in for my Post-Op soon enough.

Yes please. Can we get a vote on Tangion (mothrax) and a claim if that happens? I think we've got this one in the bag, boys.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:03 pm

Post by mothrax »

Well I had a big long post typed up but my phone decided to crash right then. Long story short Andy: I have already votes tangion and at willows I meant may change based on
my rereading but it didn't.
Page two tangion votes Andy, page three we have the misshapen with doc and the vote. Later tangion tries to push a no lynch(always scummy IMHO) and doc followed that vote as well.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:22 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Well, I'm actually completely fine with voting Tangion right now...it just seems so...lackluster.
I mean...we haven't stirred up any kind of trouble/conflict.

If we nix Tangion and they flip scum, even though I'm town, I'm not going to be excited. If it came after a long drawn out battle then...sure.
But not because of a screw up.

So, I guess in that case...to be more positive I can say that I'll vote Tangion and if this person does not flip scum. HOPE I'm not nixed off at night so that we can actually have some discussion the next day! There would be no excuses, and great fervor!

Okay...
unvote
if I am voting
vote: Tangion

You're at L-1 Tangion. I believe you should claim.
Uhm, all the active people have voted. Let's see what happens now.

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:23 pm

Post by Andrius »

Ok so who promised the Tangion vote but didn't follow through? He should have 3 ATM.

pre-post edit: NM. That was willows. lol

I agree though. It would've been cooler if there was no N1 kill though. Perfect town win.
Tangion, claim please.
Tangion
Tangion
Goon
Tangion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:36 pm

Post by Tangion »

I'm town
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:42 pm

Post by willows_weep »

well then...now that the matter of a claim is cleared up....

:sigh:
I hope you really are town. No one is willing to discuss and nothing worth discussing is going to happen until we have proof of an affiliation. I don't feel like /in for another game until all my current games are finished and I only have 1 left if this game finishes.

Sorry, I apparently cannot fall asleep. Hence my posting madness.

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:44 pm

Post by Andrius »

Well that's that. Tangion claims VT, since Doc is dead and if he were Cop he would've claimed that.

I'm bored too, willows. I don't want to /in for anything right now, as I have a HUGE modding commitment starting in August, which will drain my time. BUT IT WILL BE WORTH IT. EVERYTHING THAT IS LORD OF THE RINGS IS WORTH MY TIME. 8D

Ugh. /bored
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:12 pm

Post by Andrius »

WE SHOULD GET A HAMMER IN HERE.
LETS WIN THIS THING.
Tangion
Tangion
Goon
Tangion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:27 pm

Post by Tangion »

You seem way to eager and that just furthers my suspicion of you
VOTE: andy
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Yea, Andy is pretty eager. And if anyone else is mafia here...well, they have it easy today.
I tried to see if things could be spiced up. But you are the only thing on our minds.

If you're not mafia and I'm alive in the morn, I would expect Andy or Moth. Mainly due to the fact that no one else is giving much input so I have very little read on them.

Okay...must force myself to sleep, could get about 3hrs.
Eck, supposed to play tennis and lift weights after work....

Tangion
Tangion
Goon
Tangion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:46 pm

Post by Tangion »

Lol yea I should probably get some sleep myself
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:04 am

Post by KittyMo »

[3] Tangion - (Andrius, mothrax, willows_weep)

[1] Andrius - (Tangion)
[0] jntp - ()
[0] julienvonwolfe - ()
[0] KnightofZero - ()
[0] mothrax - ()
[0] willows_weep - ()

[3]
Not Voting
- (KnightofZero, jntp, julienvonwolfe)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:38 am

Post by mothrax »

Was anyone suprised at the VT claim really? And I know what you are sayin g about people being more active... It seems like this is a 4 person game at this point... with three other people jumping in and being kind of sort of active every now and then...
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:56 am

Post by Andrius »

mothrax wrote:Was anyone suprised at the VT claim really? And I know what you are sayin g about people being more active... It seems like this is a 4 person game at this point... with three other people jumping in and being kind of sort of active every now and then...
Nope. Wasn't surprised. After all, 7/8 of us are VTs, with one as Scum.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:25 am

Post by mothrax »

Well right now we don't have enough players active for a lynch, and with knght on v/la we have to rely on jntp or wild to re-appear.
To pass the time, a question: frilly toothpicks, for them or against them?
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Andrius »

Frilly toothpicks? What are they?
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:38 am

Post by willows_weep »

Are those the ones with the bits of colored transparency sheets cut up on the edges?
I don't like toothpicks though. Who knows the hands that touched them/the folks that breathed on them as they traveled the world.
Gross.

Hm, any Buffy fans?

mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:14 am

Post by mothrax »

Yeah those are frilly toothpicks.
And I am a whedon fan, Buffy included.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”