Newbie 976 - Game Over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:23 am

Post by Zorblag »

Vote Count 2.5

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

0x1de: 3: RazorStar (7), theperson (13), Framm 18 (15)
gandalf5166: 2: startransmission (11), Friend (12)
Framm 18: 1: DavidParker (16)

Not voting: 0x1de, gandalf5166

With 8 players alive it takes 5 to lynch. Currently 0x1de would be lynched at deadline. Deadline is 5:00 PM EDT/2:00 PM PDT on Thursday, July 29th. Deadline Countdown.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:01 am

Post by DavidParker »

Edit: That's meant to say scum with ST*
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
theperson
theperson
Goon
theperson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:20 am

Post by theperson »

So your last post was assuming mafia just didn't submit a NK and there is no doctor? If that was so, then the mafia would have to be both really inactive, and I don't think there are two people inactive enough around day one's end for that to happen. True, it's a case, but I don't find it very likely.

If ST and you are scum, that would be one heck of a gambit, but it is possible. I don't understand why you are bringing it up, though...
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:33 am

Post by DavidParker »

Ugh no I wasn't assuming that. I am 99% sure that there is a doctor in this game.

I am bringing it up because everyone is overlooking it and I assume it would come up anyways. And seeing as this is a "newbie" game in an effort to "teach" players I am trying to help them by not overlooking a possible scenario.
theperson
theperson
Goon
theperson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:59 am

Post by theperson »

DavidParker wrote:Basically, if we lynch a goon today, and we are in a setup with no roleblocker, then the optimal scum play would be to kill the claimed cop
If there is a doctor and we are in the setup with no roleblocker, then the optimal scum play is not to lynch the claimed cop, because they know he's not a cop.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:08 am

Post by DavidParker »

Oh wow, /brainfart.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:21 am

Post by Friend »

@DP: While I understand slight suspicion between scumbuddies is bound to happen, I think the Gandalf/koch exchange in the RVS probably wouldn't come from scumbuddies. Putting your buddy at L-2 in RVS doesn't seem like something scum would do.

theperson, what do you think of my teams?
theperson
theperson
Goon
theperson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by theperson »

Well, I agree that all those scumteams seem among the most likely. I don't think you should completely eliminate those other cases, but I do agree with the elimination of gandalf/RazorStar because of what you said, and it's especially unlikely considering it's koch's first game.

I have a question about something that might come up. Say we lynch town today, and it's mylo tomorrow. Do we lynch someone, or do we no lynch to narrow down the suspects? I've thought about this and I can see arguments for both ways.
RazorStar
RazorStar
Townie
RazorStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by RazorStar »

If we prolong the game enough, we will eventually see the mafia slip up. It's the mafia that has the harder task here so we shouldn't be so quick to lynch our own.

UNVOTE:
Warning: Opinions are included, keep out of reach from small children.

Record W-L-T
Mafia 1-0-0
Town 0-0-0
0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by 0x1de »

Friend wrote:0x1de, I'd like to hear more from you on koch. IMO, if Gandalf is scum, koch isn't, because of the early-game RVS moves. Therefore, if Gandalf is scum, that basically leaves you or theperson as our last mafioso. Thoughts?
I need to look into
koch
RazorStar. What are those RVS moves you mention?

It's less likely that both scum were on the NS wagon, and I will be looking for the other between Razor, person, and Framm.
Framm 18 wrote:I am voting for him to get a read on him.
DP has pointed out the problem with your vote. Plus there's the fact that if I get lynched, then you are going to have some serious explaining to do. That sounds like a threat but it isn't meant to be.
Framm 18 wrote:Ox1de can you try and explain why your replacee was acting so suspiciously?
Not really, all I know about him is his role (which I've inherited). He was guilty of active lurking - following the thread but only posting to defend himself. That's obviously suspicious because scum don't want to say much for fear of giving themselves away. But then he admitted it whereas a mafioso would be more likely to deny it, in order to keep up the pretence.
theperson wrote:
0x1de wrote:Starttransmission's behaviour seems consistent with his cop claim
What makes you feel that way? Can you point out posts that make you think that?
Hmm, I wish I hadn't said that now. OK, here's some broad sweeping generalisations:
  • Mafia want to appear townie. It's the only way they can win the end-game.
  • Vanilla townies don't care how they appear. They concentrate on finding out who the real scum are.
  • Town power roles are careful because they know they are important. If they come over too townie, they'll be night-killed. If they appear scummy, they might face a lynch and have to reveal their role.
No quotes, I'm afraid. It's not a big deal, but ST seems to fall in the last slot.
Friend wrote:So, that leaves us with:

Gandalf/0x1de
ST/Koch
ST/0x1de
Speculating on the mafia as a pairing is a dodgy approach. It's the whole house of cards thing. If you think that those are the only possibilities, then you should lynch me and prove that ST and Koch are the only possible scum! You've gone too far and got too complex.
RazorStar
RazorStar
Townie
RazorStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by RazorStar »

Well I need to look into you, 0x1de, so it's good that we're both here. I'm curious about the player you think is most likely to be scum.

Record W-L-T
Mafia 1-0-0
Town 0-0-0
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Mod Note: Prodding gandalf5166.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by 0x1de »

Zorblag wrote:Nobody Special: 5: Friend (17), gandalf5166 (18), Aspen (20), startransmission (24), DavidParker (25)
Actually, that's enough for me, there's definitely scum on this lynch. Friend and DP are town, and so am I (Aspen). I think ST is genuine too, so that leaves gandalf.

VOTE: gandalf
gandalf5166 wrote:Actually, NS, I find it very strange for you to say that Friend has stifled discussion. This game was in it's death throes, and he revived it. In fact, I'm reasonably certain that that level of truth twisting merits a
VOTE: NS
And yes, I'm aware this puts him at L2, but I don't really think that it's a big deal, now that we're not in the RVS stage, especially since I've announced it.
Gandalf: the reason for your vote here is very, very weak. The fact that you say it's not a big deal looks like a pre-excuse for band-wagonning. Scummy.
gandalf5166 wrote: < Big post about why DP is 'stupid' >
The point is, he doesn't have a very intelligent playstyle, whether by design or misfortune. So I would not at all think he was too smart to make his scumbuddy his only town read.
Gandalf: Where did you ever come up for reasons for DP to be scum? So a baseless attack on DP. (The scummbuddy mentioned was NS).
gandalf5166 wrote:So, since ST has only done more of what I accused him of, i.e. pretending cases against him are worthless, I guess I'll VOTE: ST
Jumping on the wagon again. (There's more to it, but I'm not going to quote the lot - read him in iso).
0x1de
0x1de
Goon
0x1de
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by 0x1de »

RazorStar wrote:Well I need to look into you, 0x1de, so it's good that we're both here. I'm curious about the player you think is most likely to be scum.
Yup, I want to see your koch too.

//Can't believe I wrote that.
RazorStar
RazorStar
Townie
RazorStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:14 pm

Post by RazorStar »

hahaha that's so dirty.

VOTE: Gandalf

Record W-L-T
Mafia 1-0-0
Town 0-0-0
theperson
theperson
Goon
theperson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by theperson »

I forgot DP unvoted...When I saw RazorStar vote, I thought it was a hammer...

RazorStar, are you voting for the same reasons mentioned by others? I know you said your top suspect is gandalf, but I still want reasoning because you said it was a hunch at that time.
RazorStar
RazorStar
Townie
RazorStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by RazorStar »

I want to put the heat on him, since he's virtually vanished. He must know that the best way to prove his innocence is to get back on here and explain a few things like why he wanted a lynch so badly on day 1. I'm pretty sure at least one of the players who lynched NS is scum, so I just want to see what Gandalf says. Either way Friend feels like town, I'm neutral on David, and ST is claiming cop, that leaves two I'm really suspicious of, 0x1 and gandalf.

Record W-L-T
Mafia 1-0-0
Town 0-0-0
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by Friend »

0x1de wrote:If you think that those are the only possibilities, then you should lynch me and prove that ST and Koch are the only possible scum!
Not a bad idea, actually.

That gandalf wagon really grew fast.

@Razor - you don't think gandalf had enough heat on him before he was put at L-1?
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

I am so sorry about the inactivity, I was so excited about my minis that I forgot entirely about my Newbie games...... Unfortunately, I can't post since my mom is making me go to bed.......
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by Friend »

Hm. I expect a long post tomorrow.
RazorStar
RazorStar
Townie
RazorStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by RazorStar »

Oh damn, he's at L-1 now... wow yeah sorry.

UNVOTE:

Record W-L-T
Mafia 1-0-0
Town 0-0-0
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:27 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Vote: ox1de

best place to find scum and good information lynch. Gandalf wagon grew too fast for me.

Also, @razorstar: like, i don't mean to tell you why an opinion regarding a read is wrong.. But you have a neutral read on me which makes me think you missed something. ST Cop claimed he investigated me and it came back as town. So the only way I am scum is if ST is scum. And even if ST is scum, i'm not guaranteed to be scum.
RazorStar
RazorStar
Townie
RazorStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:18 pm

Post by RazorStar »

Do you want me to think you're scum?

Record W-L-T
Mafia 1-0-0
Town 0-0-0
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by DavidParker »

sure, why not..
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by Friend »

An 0x1de lynch would be helpful.

UNVOTE: Gandalf
VOTE: 0x1de

Mostly PoE and useful info for town tomorrow.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”