Newbie 981 ~ Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Tangion
Tangion
Goon
Tangion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:11 am

Post by Tangion »

Well it seems at the moment I will have difficulty not getting hung on day 2 seeing as how there are 2 votes for me and a fos and the day just started and its only 4 to hang.

@ willows_wisp what do you think of andys lose accusation of possibly having found docs scumbuddy which I took to mean he was infering you based on how he quoted the txt
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:46 am

Post by willows_weep »

Andrius wrote:I'm calling the scumteam: drmyshottyizsik and Tangion. Can we get a claim from Dr?
I didn't think Andrius meant me.
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:35 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Weep not for me, for I am dead.
Last edited by KittyMo on Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
#freeShotty
Tangion
Tangion
Goon
Tangion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:46 am

Post by Tangion »

Arnt you dead?
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:29 am

Post by willows_weep »

I do not believe you are allowed to post Dr. . Bad form. So Tangion, what is your reflection on what I quoted. Many of us believe you and Dr to be scum buddies. That's gotta be stressful.
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Tangion
Tangion
Goon
Tangion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:41 am

Post by Tangion »

Well unfortunately there Is not much I can do I don't know how I would convince everyone o
otherwise all I can do is play it out and see what happens I hope that even if I die that it helps me win in the long run.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:45 am

Post by KittyMo »

[2] Tangion - (Andrius, mothrax)
[0] Andrius - ()
[0] KnightofZero - ()
[0] jntp - ()
[0] julienvonwolfe - ()
[0] mothrax - ()
[0] willows_weep - ()

[5]
Not Voting
- (KnightofZero, jntp, julienvonwolfe, Tangion, willows_weep)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:52 am

Post by willows_weep »

Well, since we have quite a while before deadline there is no reason to jump the gun (you're at L-2). I'd like to be able to get a read on KnightofZero, Jntp, and Julien.

I'd like an analysis of the game from their view point when they come back. There's only 5pgs to read if you take out the off topic stuff.

Why don't you try and explain yourself Tangion?
At least myself and Mothrax (I think) have explained what exactly makes you seem scummy.
Do you have any response to those points?

Tangion
Tangion
Goon
Tangion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:23 am

Post by Tangion »

Well as far as him following my votes I can only think that maybe he might have been trying to divert attention from his real partner to me. And as far as asking questions went I decided I'd wait and see what happened to see if I could learn more I had suspicion that the way mothrax and andy were going back and forth it may have been a scum ploy blame each other so no one suspects them but now I know that only one of them could be scum since dr was scum and right now I'm leaning toward andy. I'm still relatively new and haven't really learned to much strategy that's part of why I voted no lynch I wasn't sure who to vote for and never thought of lynch as the only real weapon the town has as andy pointed out to me I didn't change it cause I figured as the only one voting it I would have plenty of time to change it if need be past. That I can't explain anything that dr did
KnightofZero
KnightofZero
Townie
KnightofZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:05 am

Post by KnightofZero »

I think it's interesting how we were able to lynch on Day 1... and how a doctor also happened to die on Night 1. :? :?
mothrax wrote:@Knight and jntp: 'sup?
Um, hello? I suppose this post was just to get us active. I wasn't really available until now, but I'm here now.

The only suspects I can think of Tangion, jntp, and willows_weep. However, I feel like willows_weep hasn't been particularly scummy, at least to me. jntp has just been inactive also, so I don't really have an opinion on him yet. willows_weep also doesn't strike me as particularly scummy either. The only choice left is Tangion, and I
FoS: Tangion
. I don't think that any mafia member would vote for their scum buddy this early in the game, or in a game this newbie.
Tangion wrote:I didn't change it cause I figured as the only one voting it I would have plenty of time to change it if need be past.

If the evidence for drmyshottyizsik was that strong, didn't you feel any need to change your vote? If you are a townie as you claim you are, what prevented you from voting? I'm pretty sure "laziness to change vote" or something doesn't really qualify.
KnightofZero
KnightofZero
Townie
KnightofZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:06 am

Post by KnightofZero »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:
Weep not for me, for I am dead.
Hmm... is this some strange reference to the fact that willows_weep is also scum? o_O

That's a reference to someone who left the site at one point and editted all their posts to say "Weep not for me, for I am dead." It made a lot of threads confusing to read over. ~KittyMo
Tangion
Tangion
Goon
Tangion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Tangion »

They put that in cuz he posted so she edited him out and I was thinking of changing my vote to hammer but 2 things stopped me 1 I was afraid of being night killed if I was right and 2 well I'm new enough I was also afraid of being wrong and being suspected of being scum but it appears that that happened anyway.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by willows_weep »

vote: KnightofZero
!!
I'll explain later. Trust, it's for a really good reason.

julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Hi guys, this is an "I'm still alive" post and a note to myself. I'll plan to re-read with (a) an analysis of Dr. "Anyone else play Halo?"'s posts, and (b) an analysis of people who voted for him, as I always do when we lynch scum. I actually had one or two scummy reads yesterday that I was going to post, but then night fell before I got a chance! I'll also check up on those to see if they're still relevant given their interactions with Dr. whatsisface.

I will comment on willow's latest post: I think I know what she's(?) up to, and I'm curious to see what comes of it, though I'm not sure it's such a good reason as she thinks it is.
KnightofZero
KnightofZero
Townie
KnightofZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by KnightofZero »

I think I do too, and I too am wondering what will come of it.
I suppose I (accidently) induced WIFOM, if this was what you were thinking.
jntp
jntp
Townie
jntp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:46 pm

Post by jntp »

i dunno......but Tangion seems pretty suspicious to me
also, voting "no lynch" isn't really a good excuse
anyway,
there might be a possibility that a scum voted for his own teammate just to not seem so suspicious
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by mothrax »

Please do enlighten us. I have a small suspicion where you are taking us but am still slightly lost.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:30 am

Post by willows_weep »

Uhm, I hope you folks aren't simply waiting for me. When I said "later" I didn't mean because I was in a rush/didn't have time.

Apparently, everyone is making up some reason for me to have voted how I did. How about you all do something? Say something?
Other than what you've said.

Especially JNTP, Knight and Julien (who said they'd post more in a bit).

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:46 am

Post by willows_weep »

Andrius?
Why were you so worried about Dr. potentially revealing their scum buddy?
There didn't seem any reason to even think that Dr. would.

Dr. had been quite cautious even in claiming their role after being nixed. Also, Dr. didn't claim because they wanted to. They were ASKED to claim after the fact. It seems likely that Dr. would have been just as cautious if not more if someone had asked for the scum buddy.
---

FOS: JNTP

Where were you during D1?? Other folks are claiming that they were predisposed. You however, haven't claimed such a think. Yesterday your's was the first vote on Dr. You were also absent from the thread the majority of the most active part of D1. Do you know what that looks like to me?
It looks like: You voted Dr. during a low pitch/key time and wasn't able to argue off of it before it was too late. So, you could very well have been just trying to have voted your scum buddy to distance yourself later on. Unfortunately, Dr. made many slip ups and you logically couldn't take your vote off without seeming scummy or you just didn't have time too when it came down to the crunch.

It is my hope that other folks will be performing a D1 voting analysis and sharing it with the thread.
Please.

KnightofZero
KnightofZero
Townie
KnightofZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:24 am

Post by KnightofZero »

I guess I'm waiting for something, particularly from willows_weep, as to the reason why you voted for me. This way I can defend myself, and maybe we can get some discussion going? When I first I saw your vote, it seemed pretty dramatic, so I was expecting some full-blown explanation and discussion.

Also, starting tomorrow, I'll have rather limited access to computers, for the next two weeks.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:04 am

Post by willows_weep »

I think if everyone posts their analysis we can get some discussion going.

For instance this is what you said:
The only suspects I can think of Tangion, jntp, and willows_weep. However, I feel like willows_weep hasn't been particularly scummy, at least to me. jntp has just been inactive also, so I don't really have an opinion on him yet. willows_weep also doesn't strike me as particularly scummy either. The only choice left is Tangion, and I FoS: Tangion. I don't think that any mafia member would vote for their scum buddy this early in the game, or in a game this newbie.
Now...why are Tangion, jntp, and myself suspects? At the same time, why are Julien, Andrius and Mothrax missing from your list?
It's kind of odd...those three are not on your list but you make sure to point out that
on your suspect list
I am not
particularly
scummy. That's pretty odd don't you think? The structure of what you're saying is off.

You say that Jntp is below your radar because they aren't active.

You are fos'ing Tangion because... you think if Tangion were scummy, they wouldn't have voted for Dr. contingent only on the fact that is was D1 and the fact that it is a newbie game (I'm not sure what you mean by "this newbie" do you mean that most folks are saying it's pretty much their first game or such??).

Your pattern seems opportunistic. Not sure if that's because you're wicked scummy and actually scum. Or you are town that seems scummy because you don't have a lot of time and so when you are in the thread you aren't able to really give your all.

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:44 am

Post by KittyMo »

[2] Tangion - (Andrius, mothrax)
[1] KnightofZero - (willows_weep)
[0] Andrius - ()
[0] jntp - ()
[0] julienvonwolfe - ()
[0] mothrax - ()
[0] willows_weep - ()

[4]
Not Voting
- (KnightofZero, jntp, julienvonwolfe, Tangion)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:08 am

Post by willows_weep »

Julien,
Would you let us know what those scum reads were? You're saying you had the thoughts, etc ready but then when you came it was already Night 1.

I'd like to read those thoughts before you edit them to reflect the current happenings.

KnightofZero
KnightofZero
Townie
KnightofZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:22 am

Post by KnightofZero »

willows_weep wrote:Now...why are Tangion, jntp, and myself suspects? At the same time, why are Julien, Andrius and Mothrax missing from your list?
It's kind of odd...those three are not on your list but you make sure to point out that
on your suspect list
I am not
particularly
scummy. That's pretty odd don't you think? The structure of what you're saying is off.
The only reason you three were on any list, was because of my accidental WIFOMing; I assumed that people wouldn't vote for their scumbuddys, but obviously, that seems not to necessarily be the case in this game.
Can you divulge oh how the structure is off, and what exactly is odd?
willows_weep wrote:You say that Jntp is below your radar because they aren't active.
Yes, that is what I said. I couldn't get a read on him since he didn't really post as much; so for the time being I didn't have any opinion on him.
willows_weep wrote:You are fos'ing Tangion because... you think if Tangion were scummy, they wouldn't have voted for Dr. contingent only on the fact that is was D1 and the fact that it is a newbie game.
Not sure what you are saying here - obviously, the slip ups that drmyshottizsik made were a lot more visible than anything Tangion did. I only noticed Tangion and whatever scummyness he has after the "main attraction" died. Not sure if I addressed your question.
willows_weep wrote:Your pattern seems opportunistic. Not sure if that's because you're wicked scummy and actually scum. Or you are town that seems scummy because you don't have a lot of time and so when you are in the thread you aren't able to really give your all.
Again, what pattern? Are you asking me to claim with this last statement?
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:35 am

Post by willows_weep »

I read "not particularly scummy" as meaning "not scummy" therefore not being on the list.

Oh, dear no. I don't want you to claim. There is no reason for it at the moment.

The pattern no longer matters if you believe that scum wouldn't vote for their partners IN GENERAL. So, if that is the reason you are suspicious of Tangion...then ok.

unvote

Thanks for posting.

So, this game is going to be wicked slow if folks don't spice things up.

Mothrax? What's going on? Are you busy with stuff? Yesterday you were pretty active.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”