Newbie 976 - Game Over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Well, DP made a reasonably convincing case against you, and you answer the weak points, like lurking, but ignore the other ones. That just seems like a scummy thing to do. You've only responded to half his argument.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by Friend »

I lied. ST came off as way scummier than DP at the end of the day.
startransmission wrote:I don't know how to respond to that. Other than lurking (which could be better referred to as RL as I've not actually lurked) I've done nothing scummy, and I feel no pressure whatsoever. I don't need to not look like scum. DP has made an assumption, and I'm explaining why it's not a good assumption to make.
This post specifically doesn't give me a very good gut read. Him calling himself not scummy feels..off.
startransmission wrote:
DavidParker wrote:I agree, ST seems very defensive and he seems very jumpy right now.. Friend I'll need some convincing as his scum partner.
Defensive of what? Jumpy how?
This ironically comes off as jumpy.

In addition to that, his Aspen vote feels quite opportunistic, taking advantage of a noobish active lurker.

VOTE: Starttransmission
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Yeah friend, that second post was also one of the main reasons I thought scum. So, since ST has only done more of what I accused him of, i.e. pretending cases against him are worthless, I guess I'll VOTE: ST
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by Friend »

Whoa, whoa, that's L-1.

UNVOTE: startransmission

Too soon. Pretend my vote's still there, though.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Oh wow. For some weird reason, I completely missed F18 and Dp's votes. Kinda strange.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:58 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

EBWOP: i meant to say, thanks for noticing that, Friend.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by Friend »

That's okay. I just don't want Aspen (or someone else) coming in and throwing down a vote without noticing that it's L-1.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:03 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

By the way, the fact that Friend and unvoted immediately definitely strikes me as town. Scum easily could have pretended that they had had to go to bed and left their vote on for a while longer.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by Friend »

ST, what's your case on Aspen?
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by startransmission »

gandalf5166 wrote:Well, DP made a reasonably convincing case against you, and you answer the weak points, like lurking, but ignore the other ones. That just seems like a scummy thing to do. You've only responded to half his argument.
What's the argument? What am I ignoring? Where was I jumpy, and how was I defensive? What was I being defensive from? These are all key questions that nobody has chosen to answer, yet the votes are stacking up.

The late D1 actions from DP made him look potentially scummy. His defensiveness to my surprise (not accusations) at his reversal of opinion and consequent hammer led to him being suspicious of me. Ripe pickings for scum. One of the two will likely be lynched. Interesting, that there was no NK. It indicates that both DP and I were not only not considered an immediate threat, but designed to be targets for town. Somebody was considered a threat, and the doctor felt the same way. I have a guess, but for now I want the people who have voted me and (oops! how clumsy of me! :roll: ) put me at L-1 to present an actual case that I can respond to. As opposed to aping the opinion of somebody who felt that I was attacking him after his hammer at the end of D1.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:20 pm

Friend wrote:ST, what's your case on Aspen?
Nope. You guys first.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:20 pm

Post by Friend »

startransmission wrote:
gandalf5166 wrote:Well, DP made a reasonably convincing case against you, and you answer the weak points, like lurking, but ignore the other ones. That just seems like a scummy thing to do. You've only responded to half his argument.
What's the argument? What am I ignoring?
Gandalf can answer that for you - I'm not entirely sure myself. In fact, I'd like him to.
startransmission wrote: Where was I jumpy, and how was I defensive?
I've shown posts where you've been jumpy. This post, you're jumpy.
startransmission wrote:What was I being defensive from? These are all key questions that nobody has chosen to answer, yet the votes are stacking up.
NS's scum accusations.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:21 pm

Post by Friend »

startransmission wrote:
Friend wrote:ST, what's your case on Aspen?
Nope. You guys first.
You're not in a position to make ultimatums.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

DavidParker wrote:ST looking scummier now. He tried to put the blame on me as soon as I hammer'd (almost as if expecting the town flip), by pointing out how I dealt with pressure, I'm not denying my contradiction, but after his lurking, and his reaction to the town flip (assuming it will be one after NS said that) i'm looking at ST tomorrow. Still leaning town on Friend for his consistency, but we'll see.
This post, and your response, or rather lack of response, to it. You answer the points made in his two subsequent posts, but conveniently ignore this one. And then you act like I haven't already stated my argument twice.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Clarification: Specifically the first half of that post. Why did you jump so soon to more accusations at a time when we should be getting info from a confirmed townie?
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:34 pm

I think the defensive one was DP. I made no attack on him, made no accusation, and he accused me of lining up the next "mislynch" and I had to take exception from that one. I was not jumpy nor defensive. I kind am now, as there is nothing more that I hate than being misrepresented.

And me asking for specifics for a case against me, when I'm at L-1 so early in a Day phase, is not being "jumpy".
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:40 pm

gandalf5166 wrote:Clarification: Specifically the first half of that post. Why did you jump so soon to more accusations at a time when we should be getting info from a confirmed townie?
I never made accusations. Where did I? I stated the obvious, the change of heart by DP and the hammer was a bit bewildering. I never labeled him scum, I never built a case for his lynch, and I don't believe he is scum. I felt the lack of any action like that on my part spoke for itself. And I more than eluded to that at the end of D1 when I responded to the quote that you seem to think I ignored.

And please stop using DP (from the past...what does he think now... and I thought we were scumbuddies??...) quotes to validate your vote and the wagon you're on.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:44 pm

Friend wrote:You're not in a position to make ultimatums.
I'm at L-1. The responsibility is on the people riding my quickie (and predictable) wagon to explain their case. I won't be distracted by doing something my attackers won't do.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:47 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Yes, but DP wasn't saying that you were being defensive. He was wondering why the first thing you did after the NS hammer was make a case against him. The fact that you were already accusing DP of a mislynch when we hadn't even seen the flip, or even heard from NS yet. EBWOP: Okay. That's what I needed. You sounded like you were pushing a case already. You've answered my question, and I'm satisfied with your answer. UNVOTE:
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:47 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Now explain your Aspen case. If it's really lame, I might have to un-unvote.
Framm 18
Framm 18
Goon
Framm 18
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:59 pm

Post by Framm 18 »

startransmission wrote: Ripe pickings for scum. One of the two will likely be lynched. Interesting, that there was no NK. It indicates that both DP and I were not only not considered an immediate threat, but designed to be targets for town. Somebody was considered a threat, and the doctor felt the same way. I have a guess, but for now I want the people who have voted me and (oops! how clumsy of me! :roll: ) put me at L-1 to present an actual case that I can respond to. As opposed to aping the opinion of somebody who felt that I was attacking him after his hammer at the end of D1.
How can the fact that there was a NK clear you or DP of being a scum? It could have been that they chose not to act (highly unlikely) or that the Docter saved the person that the Scum felt was the closest to figuring them out. In the first case, it would be more likely if they felt that they were in trouble so they tried to throw the townies off of their trail. I have not fully ruled out anyone at this time of being scummy, but as I said earlier, I think that the fact that you pushed that last lynch makes you seem scummy. Friend also took a hit with that lynch as well.

UNVOTE:
For the time being, I want to make sure that we have gotten as much info as possible before we lynch someone.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by DavidParker »

@ST: Just one thing that bothered me. You reference the lack of night kill and doctor saving someone and say you have a guess... To me this sounds almost like role fishing, also, as a town player, publicly stating who you think is the doctor is very anti-town play. I hope you are talking about a guess on who was saved (I see a couple who it's quite possible), but the fact they were saved means scum/doctor might think that this person is a PR (aka cop) so I think speculations on who was saved etc, and ESPECIALLY the identity of town PR's is something that should be kept to yourself.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Indeed, DP, indeed. And ST, you're the IC. Shouldn't you know this?
koch
koch
Townie
koch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:38 am

Post by koch »

Ok, I'm going to have to put my vote on Aspen, and sorry but no formating because I'm on a phone. Looking back at asprns posts they all give a scummy vibe. First the overall thing is how much Aspen lurks. Aspen even admits to it. Post 1- votes me and says its a scummy move as it was a jump on the bandwagon. Post 2- admits to bandwagoning and says that his main suspicion is friend as I see as a shot in the dark. Post 3- puts up a reason for friend, but does a 360 and agrees with friend about NS. Which he posts after lurking to defend himself. Post 4- explains his jumping in and puts another reason for friend. Post 5- question fluff. Post 6- jumps on the NS bandwagon as the third vote, with no additional reasoning for it. Post 7- apologizes for his weak communication skills and puts up another suspicion off his on ST. Post 8- admits to lurking. All his lurking and bandwagoning leads me to believe that he us scum.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:40 am

DavidParker wrote:I hope you are talking about a guess on who was saved (I see a couple who it's quite possible), but the fact they were saved means scum/doctor might think that this person is a PR (aka cop) so I think speculations on who was saved etc, and ESPECIALLY the identity of town PR's is something that should be kept to yourself.
Correct, I was referring to the person targeted, not on who a potential doc may be. Sorry if I was unclear on that.

More later, off to work.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”