Mini 981: Descent into Chaos (Game Over)

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Pittbunny wrote:Received the Scroll of Knowledge. Mental Insight is indeed its ability, and it does check for alignment. Therefore, can we make it a safe assumption to say that I am town, and that at least one person that isn't Kenman is probably lying about an alignment-checker?
I'd say this is true.

@hf:

Um... oops.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:41 pm

Post by Nikanor »

fitz wrote:What say you Nik? With Rejuvenation, Double-voting, and what I think is the ability to steal....you sir are a very powerful player (which makes me wonder why scum has avoided you). If the Burlap Bag does not enable stealing are you saying Me=W either had an inherent ability to steal (which I doubt) or that he possessed an additional item which did not drop when he was lynched? Can someone else borrow the Burlap Bag to see if it has the ability to steal?
I just got the potions today (which I'm keeping to use tonight probably, since I don't have a night action anyway), and the bag doesn't have the ability to steal. All I had until today was a double vote.
My hypothesis is that Mew had an ability to steal items. Along that line of thinking, it's possible that the other scum have abilities like that as well. That's why I said what I said about my amulet.
I'm passing you the bag to look for yourself, fitz.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Kenman
Kenman
Goon
Kenman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by Kenman »

grab: sacred scroll of knowledge
Show
You are my new heropimp. After this game I DEMAND you put my recognition of your heropimp status in your sig.
- SerialClergyman

Town- 1-0
Mafia- 1-0
Kenman
Kenman
Goon
Kenman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:25 pm

Post by Kenman »

Ill use the scroll for now unless someone else wants it. Where I may or may not pass it to them before the lynch period. I suggest someone at least volunteer as I dont want to be the obvious night kill.
Show
You are my new heropimp. After this game I DEMAND you put my recognition of your heropimp status in your sig.
- SerialClergyman

Town- 1-0
Mafia- 1-0
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:29 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

@Pitt: Alright. Let's hope it doesn't fail again this time.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:33 pm

Post by havingfitz »

animorpherv1 wrote:
Pittbunny wrote:Received the Scroll of Knowledge. Mental Insight is indeed its ability, and it does check for alignment. Therefore, can we make it a safe assumption to say that I am town, and that at least one person that isn't Kenman is probably lying about an alignment-checker?
I'd say this is true.

@hf:

Um... oops.
Pitt...playing the devil's advocate....you could be scum with Kenman, and even if you are town Kenman can still be scum. That said..I'm leaning towards you being town.

@Kenman...do you have the Fetish Crafting Kit? If not...try to drop it in your next post.
@VV...do you have the Talisman of protection? If not...try to drop it in your next post.

@Ani...why the oops? Your contribution to the game is really picking up (just kidding).

Nik...my inventory is maxxed out. I doubt I will be able to receive the Burlap Bag. It looks like Ani has room and he is confirmed town. Pass it to him.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:46 pm

Post by Nikanor »

The bag doesn't take up any space, since, y'know, it's a bag.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:03 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Nikanor wrote:The bag doesn't take up any space, since, y'know, it's a bag.
Yeah...I remembered it was 0 pts after I replied to you. Send away.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:01 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

@hf: I don't get it. If there are 7 people alive, how is this mant to be the last day unless it is LYLO or MYLO.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:56 am

Post by havingfitz »

@Nik...still have not received the Bag. Could just be the mod is offline.

Ani...not knowing what everyone's powers are...I could think up scenarios where a mislynch today could result in scum winning. It's all conjecture and not worth elaborating on but I'm sure anyone with a bit of realistic imagination could do the same. Was that why you said oops?

Serious question...could you read the game and do some analysis other than your contentless one-liners provide so far?

I'm not trying to piss you off...it's just that since you are the closest thing to confirmed town we have in this game, it would be nice to get your opinion. Waiting until tomorrow is a poor excuse IMO and if you don't put a little more effort than you have so far you're not bringing anymore to the game than easjo was after he/she went awol.

Vasuveda...I notice you are online. Could you answer the question regarding the Talisman of Protection? Either you or Pitt have it and Pitt says she doesn't. If either of you post a drop for it we would know soon enough.

Does anyone else think it would be worthwhile to provide Ani a mean to protect him/herself tonight seeing as we all consider him/her town?

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:03 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Here's someone who could not take a hint:
Me 602 wrote:I am opposed to claiming if and only if your item(s) will not be as effective if they are claimed(
non-self targeting doctor, etc.
). I have one such item.
Just so you know, you are slowly rising up the lynch candidates in my list with every post you are making.

I have the Talisman. It's a basic doc prot. Granted on how I've failed miserably at picking my protect targets, I think I'll be passing it along to someone who I strongly believe to be Town. I will not be saying who this person is.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Kenman
Kenman
Goon
Kenman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:55 am

Post by Kenman »

@havingfits, I have the fetish-crafting kit. But likewise, its not as effective if I reveal it.

I think that revealing all our items is not the best idea. Since town have more items than the mafia do(assuming since there are more town members in general). We are giving away a large portion of our item advantage by revealing them. This is going to allow them to pick and choose who to NK based on what abilities are most harmful to them. I am somewhat suspicious of havingfits because I can potentially see this mass reveal as proscum. Dude I just revealed my kit and my COP ability, I dont think this is a good thing.
FOS havingfits
Show
- SerialClergyman

Town- 1-0
Mafia- 1-0
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:50 am

Post by havingfitz »

VV and Kenman...where was all the suspicion when Pitt and Nik were pressuring everyone to reveal their actions and items? If I'm pressured into revealing them (ie see the two votes on me atm)...I might as well know what others have. And as the only two items left were between the two of you and Pitt...and Pitt said he/she didn't have them, that pretty much led to each of you and a level playing field for all. FoS away...but like I said...where were the arguments and FoS's earlier?

And Kenman...if you are town...as long as the recipient/deflection/whatever it's power is of your FCK actions remains unknown...I think you stand a good chance of surviving. I'm not sure total disclosure helps scum that much as I'm sure they already had a pretty good idea where items were.

So now what?

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:51 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Yea, that was why.

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:01 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Actually, I'm glad Kenman has the kit. It induces scum paranoia into killing our cop. We don't even have to protect him anymore since Town seems to have narrowed down scum into two: Chrono and/or havingfitz, with a slight chance of a GodFather Pitt.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:13 am

Post by havingfitz »

VasudeVa wrote:Actually, I'm glad Kenman has the kit. It induces scum paranoia into killing our cop. We don't even have to protect him anymore since Town seems to have narrowed down scum into two: Chrono and/or havingfitz, with a slight chance of a GodFather Pitt.
I agree that Kenman confirming he has the FCK could help him (so prodding him to come clean=good thing?). However...could you remind me what the case on me is? Not sure how I have become a top two candidate. I stand by the VCA post I made that would point to a Chrono or Nik team. I say either or because I think the odds favor there being at least two scum on a 7 players wagon but I doubt all three scum would be on it. I would have liked to see Chrono make it through the day to see if I can confirm his alignment...but not at my expense.

Nik...what are your thoughts on my VCA post? Do you think there was a lone scum (Me=W) on easjo's 7 player wagon?

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:16 am

Post by havingfitz »

animorpherv1 wrote:Yea, that was why.
havingfitz wrote: Ani...

Serious question...could you read the game and do some analysis other than your contentless one-liners provide so far?

I'm not trying to piss you off...it's just that since you are the closest thing to confirmed town we have in this game, it would be nice to get your opinion. Waiting until tomorrow is a poor excuse IMO and if you don't put a little more effort than you have so far you're not bringing anymore to the game than easjo was after he/she went awol.
:?:

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:20 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Right now, it's simple PoE.

Town: Me, Nik,
Pitt, Ken, Ani

Whose Left(And probably scum): Chrono, Fitz.

The bolded are practically confirmed. I have a strong Town read on Nik. Pitt is in the 'GF' territory because of how he acted D2-D3. If it weren't for Ken's investigation, he'd be with you guys. (And of course, since this could be a scum 'I'm town' WIFOM statement, I suppose I can go down the line as well.)

As far as I'm concerned, we are lynching one of you two today.
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:51 am

Post by Pittbunny »

Godfather doesn't explain why I would have doubleshot a watcher item rather than, y'know, a factional kill. Or doubleshot the book of spells to utilize roleblocking.

Query: Considering the confirmed existence of a mini doc, the potential existence of a doc, the confirmed existence of a cop, the confirmed existence of a magic-watcher (which isn't very useful if the kill mechanism doesn't use magic), and the confirmed existence of a roleblock, how necessary is it to still keep items as a whole 'in the dark'? That is, this seems like a large amount of town power that's still comfortably in play.

@Nik Unless I happen to receive a cop or doc or other usefulevenwhenrandomized item today, do you suppose I could derive benefit in downing a potion of yours?
"Not exactly related to the topic as a whole but what's the deal with putting quotes in your signature that have no relevance to your own life?" - Ythan

Jesters are also Decade's fault. ONORE DECADE!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:57 am

Post by Nikanor »

I think that you should sleep tonight, Pitt. Tomorrow's lylo, right? You're going to need to sleep tonight.
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:02 am

Post by Pittbunny »

Oh right, vote randomization. That crummy thing.

Can I at least read one of your potions? I'm curious as to why there would be two seeing as a doc item purportedly exists.
"Not exactly related to the topic as a whole but what's the deal with putting quotes in your signature that have no relevance to your own life?" - Ythan

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:12 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Yeah, I should sleep tonight to. I have vote randomization as of when I replaced in.

Pitt: I don't think they should be. The more we know where Items are, the more info we have, which is better for the town.

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:15 am

Post by Nikanor »

fitz can pass you the bag when he gets it, Pitt. The potions
should
be in there.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:48 am

Post by havingfitz »

VasudeVa wrote:Right now, it's simple PoE.

Town: Me, Nik,
Pitt, Ken, Ani

Whose Left(And probably scum): Chrono, Fitz.

The bolded are practically confirmed. I have a strong Town read on Nik. Pitt is in the 'GF' territory because of how he acted D2-D3. If it weren't for Ken's investigation, he'd be with you guys. (And of course, since this could be a scum 'I'm town' WIFOM statement, I suppose I can go down the line as well.)

As far as I'm concerned, we are lynching one of you two today.
I'm cool with PoE...that's what I'm basing my "one or both scum are contained with in Chronopie and Nik" assessment.
I'm cool with Ani being town....unfortunately not to any benefit of the rest of town.
Pitt is only confirmed town if Kenman is somehow proven town.
Kenman however is by no means confirmed. He had/has an item that tells him the alignment of others...that doesn't mean he's town in the least.
Additionally you (VV) and Nik are not confirmed (and neither am I).

If there is a rationale out there for people being considered confirmed (besides Ani) I would sure like to hear it.
VV...why is Nik town and how does Ken's investigation indicate he is town?

Nik, when you say...
Nikanor wrote:Tomorrow's lylo, right?
Assuming the game doesn't end with today's lynch....the only way tomorrow would be LYLO is if you mislynch today. Since you have both your votes on me and I am a frontrunner that leads me to think you know we're heading for a mislynch.

Also...I have not received the bag yet but once I do if Pitt is where you want it I'll send it that way.

Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by Pittbunny »

If you've considered my mechanical actions yesterday and today, I'm only scum if I'm either A. A Godfather as VV suggested (which goes against what I've done mechanically) or B. In a scumteam with Chrono AND Kenman, as I explained previously.

I'm wondering if we have enough protection items to reasonably clear tonight without damage to the town. I also think that I'm going to wind up daysleeping Day 5, rather than sleeping Night 4. This is because I'm still of use knowing that there are items that are 'safe' for a randomized person to be using, and I'm assuming that you guys aren't crazy enough to immediately vote within 3 days should a LyLo situation occur. After all, that's what FoSes and other not-votes are for.

I have a rationale for why Ken's investigation makes him town, but I'm pretty sure you want VV to answer. Also, mine isn't too close to a sufficient reason, so I'd prefer stating it as a supplemental case.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”