Mini 981: Descent into Chaos (Game Over)

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:27 am

Post by Nikanor »

Pittbunny: I believe that Mew was the thief. The Burlap Sack contained farside's potions, which farside had claimed she used to protect herself and prevent a kill. Furthermore, there are two potions in the sack, meaning that Mew never used a potion. If he was sitting around and doing nothing, why not use the potions to get rid of them? It's because he was busy stealing items from other people. On top of that, I now believe that he wasn't just stealing items - he was stealing sleep from his targets as well. You can't really argue that he was making the kills, because if so he would have dropped a killing item. The argument that he passed his killing instrument along does not work, either. After all, why would he keep an item that weighs nothing while passing on a weapon?
Any way you look at it, Mew was the thief.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:38 am

Post by Pittbunny »

That does actually make a bit of sense.

Who is currently in possession of the sack again? I'd like to know if the theft ability is part of the item.
Lastly, this gives me the impression that the killing mechanic doesn't use inventory or if it does, can't be stolen. It seems too abusable for the thief to potentially happen upon a killing item and go "HAY GAIZ I FOUNDS A SHINY SHARP THING THAT I STOLE FROM X".

Nik, who are your current suspicions? Being the doublevoter, I'd expect there's a lot of pressure on you as a player, so it wouldn't hurt to know your opinions on the current series of events.
"Not exactly related to the topic as a whole but what's the deal with putting quotes in your signature that have no relevance to your own life?" - Ythan

Jesters are also Decade's fault. ONORE DECADE!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:44 am

Post by Nikanor »

I possess the sack. It does not have a stealing function, though.
Right now, I'd say I'm most suspicious of Kenman and VV. Kenman says that the quickhammer on Mew clears him, but that is not the case. On the contrary, Mew didn't have an item to use in a claim. And if he had claimed the thief function, not only would he be very likely scum, but it would mostly clear me. I think that's what Kenman was trying to prevent with his quickhammer.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:46 am

Post by Nikanor »

Pitt, what's the name of the ability that targeted you last night? ani's the only one who hasn't claimed an ability, and he's confirmed so he won't lie.
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:52 am

Post by Pittbunny »

Just in case, could you entertain my notion and just let ani speak for himself? He was obviously on just recently, so I don't mind waiting.
"Not exactly related to the topic as a whole but what's the deal with putting quotes in your signature that have no relevance to your own life?" - Ythan

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:04 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Pittbunny wrote:@Ani: Wanna drop the initials to any ability that easjo might have used last night? Just the initials for now.
To the extent of my understanding, he couldn't have done anything.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:32 am

Post by Nikanor »

Items in italics are items that the player started with. Items in bold are items that are currently in the player's possession. Items in green are items whose functions are known to everyone (claimed in function by confirmed town, or confirmed by at least three living players).

ALIVE:
havingfitz -
VasudeVa -
Nikanor -
Amulet of Gatos (Double Vote)
Burlap Sack (Inventory Extension: Two Spaces)
Potion of Greater Rejuvenation x2 (One-Shot Bulletproof Consumable)
-
Amulet of Gatos (Double Vote) - Note: Although it is my item, it has never actually been proven to be the source of my second vote, hence the lack of greenliess.

Chronopie -
Book of Spells (Refreshing One-Shot Block, Protect, and
Neighborize
)
-
Psykus Daemonica (Magic-Watcher)

Pittbunny -
Psykus Daemonica (Magic-Watcher)
-
Psyweed (Nerfed Self-Motivator)

Kenman -
animorpherv1 -
Fetish-Crafting Kit (Self-Copy)

DEAD:
UncertainKitten -
Talisman of Protection (???)

Albert B. Rampage -
Book of Spells (Refreshing One-Shot Block, Protect, and Neighborize)

ReaperCharlie -
Encyclopedia Daemonica (Resurrecter)

Me=Weird -
Burlap Sack (Inventory Extension: Two Spaces)

farside22 -
Potion of Greater Rejuvenation x3 (One-Shot Bulletproof Consumable)

MISSING ITEMS:
Talisman of Protection (???)

Encyclopedia Daemonica (Resurrecter)

Fetish-Crafting Kit (Self-Copy)

I believe that's all for the claims we have right now. Judging by the number of blank spaces, I think I'm missing someone. If that's right, please fill in your spot.
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:33 am

Post by Pittbunny »

Okay then.

The ability that targeted me last night was called 'Mental Insight'. The flavor was a tri-circle, one red, one green, one blue, against a black background. The words Mental Insight were also in tri-color.

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:56 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Silently our party continued to walk down the corridors of stone, with Marya leading the way. The further we traversed, the colder the chill became. An uneasy feeling came into my mind, as if we were walking inside the bowels of a daemon itself.

Theadora and Gaston had laughed off my thought earlier that the daemon lord Xastartes was somehow behind all this. Wasn't he dead, after all? I had a strong urge to take out the Daemonica Scripta and find out, but I still didn't feel certain that I should reveal this book's existence to the others. Would they take it away from me? Would my revelation trigger some horrifying event that finished us off? Or was it just my damn paranoia?

Who wouldn't feel paranoid in a place like this, though...

Someone bumped into me. Glancing back, I saw Vastedon shakily stumbling away, carrying a flask of wine.
Of all the things he chose to bring with him...

"Shorry," Vastedon apologized.

"Are you insane?!" I hissed. "This is no time to be drunk!"

"Wrong," he countered, "thish ish the perfect time to be drunk." With that, he took another swig.

He did have a point, I suppose. At times of impending death were the best times to get away from all your worries. I guess I'd hoped that a sorcerer like him would've had more fighting spirit than that...

Vote Count 4.3

(1) Pittbunny: VasudeVa
(1) Kenman: Nikanor
(1) VasudeVa: Nikanor

Not Voting: easjo682, Chronopie, Kenman, Pittbunny

With 7 players alive and no players sleeping, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
Deadline is Saturday, July 10th, at 10:00 a.m. CST.

I am looking for a replacement for Kenman. However, I currently do not plan on additional deadline extensions.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:09 am

Post by Nikanor »

1. Amulet of Gatos (2) -
Nikanor
-
Nikanor

2. Psykus Daemonica (4) -
On the ground
-
Chronopie

3. Psyweed (?) -
Used by Pittbunny
-
Pittbunny

Fetish-Crafting Kit
(3) -
??? (Pittbunny, Nikanor, Kenman)
-
animorpherv1

5. Talisman of Protection (3) -
??? (Pittbunny, VasudeVa)
-
UncertainKitten (dead)

6. Book of Spells (3) -
Chronopie
-
Albert B. Rampage (dead)

Encyclopedia Daemonica
(4) -
??? (Chronopie, havingfitz, Pittbunny, Nikanor)
-
ReaperCharlie (dead)

8. Burlap Sack (-2) -
Nikanor
-
Me=Weird (dead)

Potion of Greater Rejuvenation x3
(1x3) -
Nikanor
-
farside22 (dead)

10. Mental Insight (?) -
???
-
???

That's right, I think. For the items whose locations are unknown, I've listed the people possible to have grabbed them.
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:22 am

Post by Pittbunny »

@Mod Can we drop items we don't have to prove that we don't have them?

If you attempt to drop an item that you don't have or that doesn't exist, nothing will happen. There is no punishment for this kind of action, however.

Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:23 am

Post by Pittbunny »

Also, Mental Insight is the ability name. As seen, Ability Name =/= Item name.

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:29 am

Post by Nikanor »

I see. That means it's probable that Kenman was the one magicking you last night.
Pittbunny: Don't drop any items yet. I want to see what the remaining people will claim.
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:46 am

Post by Pittbunny »

I'd prefer if everyone 'fakedropped' one at a time, so the mod could handle them like that. Though, due to time restraints, I don't know if SK is up to letting us do this.

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:48 am

Post by Nikanor »

We don't need to do that. I already know who has which items.
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Pittbunny »

I do like that Vasu hasn't picked up the Psykus Daemonica to even entertain the notion that I, from some slim chance, might be lying about what it does, and find out via Mod whether or not I'm a liar in that regard. For someone so adamantly opposed to me, it implies that his hands are, pun intended, full, and that he's probably got 2-3 items already.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:18 am

Post by havingfitz »

Happy belated 4th all.
What's going on?

Welcome Ani.

Great...we get another replacement.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Nikanor »

havingfitz, please claim your item(s) for us.
Kenman
Kenman
Goon
Kenman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Kenman »

hey guys I was out of town for july fourth weekend with no internet, sorry for the absence =(. I will do a reread and post my thoughts tonight or early tommorrow.
Show
You are my new heropimp. After this game I DEMAND you put my recognition of your heropimp status in your sig.
- SerialClergyman

Town- 1-0
Mafia- 1-0
Kenman
Kenman
Goon
Kenman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by Kenman »

Okay well I had sometime to reread briefly and appears I have attracted some suspicion, Id like to attempt to clear some of it up for you guys. In terms of a claim, although I would rather keep my item a secret. I guess the everyone feels it is better if we reveal our items.
I possess the Scroll of Knowledge- thats why I hinted at S,K. It is the mental insight ability that pittbunny mentioned today. It is basically a cop ability, each night or day I can select a person and have their role revealed to me. Obviously you can understand why I do not want to reveal this role since it will lead to my item being stolen or my inevitable night kill.

Regardless, here are my results: Day 1 -
Easjo, town

Night 2
Me= Weird, scum (This is why I quicklynched him, the opportunity to lynch scum came up without having to reveal my role) Im being completely honest.

Night 3
Pittbunny, town

Well those are my results, I hope that if someone has a some sort of protection item that they use it on me tonight as Im sure this will get me killed.
Show
You are my new heropimp. After this game I DEMAND you put my recognition of your heropimp status in your sig.
- SerialClergyman

Town- 1-0
Mafia- 1-0
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Well that's interesting.
And you say that's your only item?
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by Pittbunny »

So it was Kenman? Huh.

Query to all: What say we on the possibility that Kenman silent-passes this scroll of knowledge to another player, or chooses not to? That is to say, provide random odds as to the whereabouts of the cop item. That way, the doc item has a higher chance of being successfully used tonight. In the meantime, someone should probably pick up the Psykus Daemonia. I don't mind using it tonight, but I don't know how the mod treats randomization; worst case, I get told the results for one person while being told it's for someone else. Obviously best case is that I'm scrambled, but the information is 100% accurate. I could also use the Scroll of Knowledge, but I'd prefer not to solely in the chance that I accidentally cop myself, which would be a complete waste.

So we're left with Vasu still not claiming his item. This being the case, until Vasu posts again, should we try the dropathon mentioned before?
Oh, and since I figured I'd ask: Kenman, I'd like to see this Scroll. Pass it to me via direct-pass, and I'll drop it in thread after I read it. You can then pick it up, and do whatever with it.
Nik: Could you post any useful information on the potions? Obviously if we can minimize the damage that might be done in the upcoming night I'd feel a lot better.
Lastly, could everyone
Unvote
until perhaps Thursday? This has been a good momentum swing, and I don't want it to end abruptly.

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Again, the so-called "dropathon" is useless. I already know where the missing items lie. Assuming you trust that I'm not lying about not having the missing items, you should know who has them as well, Pitt.
We still need fitz to claim as well as VV, right?
Unvote.

To answer your question, Pitt: The potions are as both farside and I have said. If I were to drink a potion, I would become immune to kills for that night. Using a potion is an active action, however. ani, our confirmed townie, won't be able to use them. Neither will Kenman, assuming he inspects again tonight.
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by Pittbunny »

Yes we do.

And I still like confirmed fact over probable conjecture, especially when there's ample time to actually do it.

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

I still do not support my own claim because once claimed it loses effectiveness. There are still probably 2 scum to catch.

Ken and Pitt will not be lynched today. (But there is still the posibility that they are buddies and that they are lying, which I'll totally be checking later tonight.)

I guess we are lynching one of Chrono/fitz.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”