Newbie 976 - Game Over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:10 am

Post by Zorblag »

Vote Count 1.6

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

Nobody Special: 3: Friend (17), gandalf5166 (18), Aspen (20)
gandalf5166: 1: theperson (7)
Aspen: 1: Nobody Special (16)
koch: 1: DavidParker (19)

Not voting: Framm 18, koch, startansmission

With 9 players alive it takes 5 to lynch. Currently Nobody Special would be lynched at Deadline. Deadline is 12:00 PM EDT/9:00 AM PDT on Saturday, July 17th. Countdown Timer.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:10 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

I'm sorry Friend, just realized that only applies to games with a night start and an even number of players.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:12 am

Post by DavidParker »

Framm 18 wrote:
DavidParker wrote:I will not be voting NS on day 1 regardless of whether he is scum or not upon him winning me my either newbie game!

Awaiting on koch's reply.... (or a sub)
OK can you please stop mentioning other games that are going on, in this game thread? It is slightly annoying and why would you not vote for him if you were sure of him being scum???
The game is completed.

And there is no plausible way that we will be presented with evidence on day 1 of NS being scum.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:14 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

DavidParker wrote:
Framm 18 wrote:
DavidParker wrote:I will not be voting NS on day 1 regardless of whether he is scum or not upon him winning me my either newbie game!

OK can you please stop mentioning other games that are going on, in this game thread? It is slightly annoying and why would you not vote for him if you were sure of him being scum???
The game is completed.

And there is no plausible way that we will be presented with evidence on day 1 of NS being scum.
Please elaborate.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:17 am

Post by DavidParker »

Elaborate??? Point 1 - newbie 965. Town Win. NS put the final vote on scum in LYLO.

Point 2 - In this game setup (And almost any game setup), you will never be given 100% proof of a player being scum on day 1. You can be presented evidence that points to a player likely being scum, but never complete proof. And with NS (he was IC in that game), I highly doubt he will even make a big enough slip to be highly-probable scum. With that said, I'm not against a NS lynch, just saying I won't be the one to support it! Common courteousy, think of that what you will.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:31 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Let's get this thing going.

Aspen:

6 Posts. 4% of total.

BWs koch, admits it, lurks, appears conveniently from nowhere, whines about not having the opportunity to talk. I don't see anyone stifling him.

newbscum

DavidParker:

14 posts. 9% of total.

RV, fluff, fluff, nonsense about Rogue ICs, ongoing game talk (bad!), his iso7 is still a mystery to me, thinly disguised scumhunting, more meta fluff, answers questions, bleh.

Based on my knowledge of his (lack of) playstyle, harmless.

Framm 18:

16 posts. 10% of total.

RV, answers, RV, AL, unreasoned scumteam mention, reasoning 100 minutes later, some analysis, more analysis, readlist, more analysis, chiding DP.

Town. Solidly.

The rest will have to wait; going to go watch Avatar.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
koch
koch
Townie
koch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:29 am

Post by koch »

Ok, sorry about being inactive, i ended up not being ablt to get on the internet while i was in Pittsbrugh.

@Framm- I thought Gandalf was being aggressive with the way he was questioning why i would put him at a L-2 and it was the first post i have ever seen that actually questioned peoples actions. As said by Gandalf over at Kongregate it is just random voting and bandwagons. His post caught me off guard, but now i know that mafia works differently here. Since the first page I spent some time on the wiki learning how things work.

My top suspect is Aspen because of his comfort with putting NS at L-1. He did not add any of his own analysis to his vote and he put us in a situation where NS could have been taken out. Im personally not very suspicious of NS. while he did not do much scum hunting, i dont see any overly scummy posts from him, and his explanations have been believable. Plus, he has started to write what he thinks of each player.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Friend »

NS wrote:Oh, and Friend: There is no way you'll ever convince me you're not an alt. No way.
Think of it more as a semi-hydra. For this game, only, though, seeing how it's my first one. :D
NS wrote:I'll stop just short of ad hom, here.
What do you mean by ad hom? Sorry.

DavidParker wrote:Elaborate??? Point 1 - newbie 965. Town Win. NS put the final vote on scum in LYLO.

Point 2 - In this game setup (And almost any game setup), you will never be given 100% proof of a player being scum on day 1. You can be presented evidence that points to a player likely being scum, but never complete proof. And with NS (he was IC in that game), I highly doubt he will even make a big enough slip to be highly-probable scum. With that said, I'm not against a NS lynch, just saying I won't be the one to support it! Common courteousy, think of that what you will.
This is not okay. NS's alignment/him winning your game has nothing to do with whether or not he's scum in this one. Like Framm said, please stop talking about your other games - if you want to use meta, that's fine, but show how NS has acted similarly in that game compared to this one.
Nobody Special wrote:Let's get this thing going.

Aspen:

6 Posts. 4% of total.

BWs koch, admits it, lurks, appears conveniently from nowhere, whines about not having the opportunity to talk. I don't see anyone stifling him.

newbscum

DavidParker:

14 posts. 9% of total.

RV, fluff, fluff, nonsense about Rogue ICs, ongoing game talk (bad!), his iso7 is still a mystery to me, thinly disguised scumhunting, more meta fluff, answers questions, bleh.

Framm 18:

16 posts. 10% of total.

RV, answers, RV, AL, unreasoned scumteam mention, reasoning 100 minutes later, some analysis, more analysis, readlist, more analysis, chiding DP.

Town. Solidly.

IIoA, and a HUGE pile of it. You're still not doing anything useful, and you haven't answered my question about Aspen from when you originally called him out.
koch wrote:Ok, sorry about being inactive, i ended up not being ablt to get on the internet while i was in Pittsbrugh.

@Framm- I thought Gandalf was being aggressive with the way he was questioning why i would put him at a L-2 and it was the first post i have ever seen that actually questioned peoples actions. As said by Gandalf over at Kongregate it is just random voting and bandwagons. His post caught me off guard, but now i know that mafia works differently here. Since the first page I spent some time on the wiki learning how things work.

My top suspect is Aspen because of his comfort with putting NS at L-1. He did not add any of his own analysis to his vote and he put us in a situation where NS could have been taken out. Im personally not very suspicious of NS. while he did not do much scum hunting, i dont see any overly scummy posts from him, and his explanations have been believable. Plus, he has started to write what he thinks of each player.
Let me say it now - I would NOT be surprised at an NS/koch scumteam based on this defense.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:58 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Well, here's my theory on koch's "aggressiveness" accusation. To be honest, the fact that he's playing the newbie card that I used in 939 disturbs me. Because in iso1, he says that he has read many other games. Also, I get the feeling he has played on sites other than kong and here. His posts(granted, they are few, so I could be misinterpreting them) give the vibe of someone at least semi-experienced. My theory is that he read the beginning of 939, compared my early playstyle in that to my play on kong, realized that they were similar, and saw an opportunity. See, on kong, I play with that over-the-top aggressiveness all the time. So he thought that that was my playstyle everywhere, but since the only game that I've played like that on here, I was scum, he thought he could pull some meta-screwiness. He would call me aggressive, I would respond with aggressiveness. He would show you guys my last game, then he would just need to make up a little bit of a case(it's really not that hard to do) to back up the meta, and he gets a free lynch. To summarize, he would pretend that what he thought was always my playstyle was my scum meta, and get me lynched. the mistake he made was in assuming that I play here in the same way that I play on kong. So when I don't behave in the way he thought I would, he goes back and reads more of 939, sees me pull the newbie kongregator card, and decides he could do something similar here. and thus spawns post 156.
koch
koch
Townie
koch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:15 am

Post by koch »

think what you want, but i have done no meta gaming, or played anywhere other than here and Kong, and yes i did get the newbie kongregator card from you, but you, but i used it because it also applied to my actions so far in this game. i just want you to know Gandalf your way over analyzing my post.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by Friend »

I don't really think koch would pull that off, especially as both a newb on this site and because meta, on its own, isn't enough to get someone lynched.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Friend wrote:
NS wrote:Oh, and Friend: There is no way you'll ever convince me you're not an alt. No way.
Think of it more as a semi-hydra. For this game, only, though, seeing how it's my first one. :D
I knew it!
Friend wrote:
NS wrote:I'll stop just short of ad hom, here.
What do you mean by ad hom? Sorry.
Ad hominem argument

Friend wrote:
Nobody Special wrote:Let's get this thing going.

Aspen:

6 Posts. 4% of total.

newbscum

DavidParker:

14 posts. 9% of total.

Framm 18:

16 posts. 10% of total.

Town. Solidly.

IIoA, and a HUGE pile of it. You're still not doing anything useful, and you haven't answered my question about Aspen from when you originally called him out.
Nothing useful? I've just shown you one scum. I'm looking for the other. Pssh. Looking for your earlier question.
....what?

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Friend wrote:Also, Nobody Special, your opinions of Aspen and Koch, please.
Friend, your iso6, is this the one you want answered? If so, I've just answered that in my useless (to you) post.
....what?

Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by Friend »

No, no.

This:
Friend wrote: Then, when he does come in and contribute (well not really contribute, but say something) you vote him. So...when he does what you ask him to, it's scummy? If he had continued to lurk, would you have thrown your vote down?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

(Ninja'd) Okay, Friend, I think I found what you were wanting.
Friend wrote:Secondly, your Aspen vote seems off. You say this:
NS wrote:I think Aspen needs to get in here and contribute
Then, when he does come in and contribute (well not really contribute, but say something) you vote him. So...when he does what you ask him to, it's scummy? If he had continued to lurk, would you have thrown your vote down?
When Aspen showed up, he didn't contribute much ...if anything. And yes, I still would've voted Aspen had he not shown up and continued to lurk.

Lurking is scummy, Active Lurking is even worse. What Aspen did was Very Active Lurking.
....what?

Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:14 pm

Post by Friend »

I see what you mean, but you hadn't even mentioned him before that, and the only reason you mentioned him in the first place was because I asked you. Even then, you didn't call him scummy - you just asked for him to contribute. Then, when he shows up you throw down a vote. It just seems to me like you're taking advantage of an opportunity for an easy mislynch. Aspen comes across very noobish to me, at least. Newbtown can active lurk too.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by startransmission »

My weekend horrorshow is over. I'm off to go get blasted. I have the next three days off, and I have some comments.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Let's get this thing continuing.

Friend:

43 Posts. 26% of total.

Walks in, takes over. Votes one person (granted, I'm voting the same person) and calls me pointless and banal. (If I were the type, I'd be deeply offended. Lucky for you I'm not.) Asks
a lot
of questions. Begrudgingly, town.

gandalf5166

22 posts. 13% of total.

RV, RV, fluff, worry over being (gasp!) voted. Answers questions, gets all confused at my (not so) obvious sarcasm, more fluff, still confused, re-states someone else's case on me, then attacks koch.

potential flailing newbscum.

koch

7 posts. 4% of total.

RV, explanation of willingness to vote, answers questions, fluff, gets defensive.

newbtown.

startransmission

13 posts. 8% of total.

IC intro complete with RV, delay, more delay, answers,
more
delay, MORE delay,
even more
delay, and, finally, yes, EVEN MORE DELAY.

Seriously. Go read him in iso.

Unless something changes, and I do mean in the next couple of days, here's our other scum.

theperson

3 posts, 1.7% of total.

Barely enough to even analyze. Therefore, will analyze later. However, if this slot follows in STs footsteps, I'll serious switch to the idea of a ST/tp team.

There we are.

Friend wrote:I see what you mean, but you hadn't even mentioned him before that, and the only reason you mentioned him in the first place was because I asked you. Even then, you didn't call him scummy - you just asked for him to contribute. Then, when he shows up you throw down a vote. It just seems to me like you're taking advantage of an opportunity for an easy mislynch. Aspen comes across very noobish to me, at least. Newbtown can active lurk too.
Yes, after my analysis, I'm leaning less scum-read on Aspen.

unvote
....what?

Framm 18
Framm 18
Goon
Framm 18
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by Framm 18 »

DavidParker wrote:
Framm 18 wrote:
DavidParker wrote:I
will
not be voting NS on day 1 regardless of whether he is scum or not upon him winning me my either newbie game!

The game is completed.

DavidParker wrote:Elaborate??? Point 1 - newbie 965. Town Win. NS put the final vote on scum in LYLO.

I am sorry, but VOTE: DavidParker. He sidestepped the question IMO. I get that there will not be 100% proof on day 1, but I asked why you would not vote for him if you were sure he was a baddie. I don't care if NS is the Grand Master of Mafia, slip-ups happen to everyone, especially when you are not able to fully devote time to the game.

Ugh, my Mafia Paranoia is starting to kick in. :roll:
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by Friend »

NS wrote:I think koch is neutral-to-scum.
NS wrote:newbtown.
What changed?
NS wrote:Yes, after my analysis, I'm leaning less scum-read on Aspen.
Um, what? Two posts earlier you said this about Aspen:
NS wrote:I've just shown you one scum.
And begrudgingly? Pshh. :P

I don't like (yep, another thing I don't like) how your only scumreads are lurkers. ST has obviously been busy - maybe he should have replaced out, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he comes back and posts. You're still posting IIoA, by the way. It's waay easier for scum to post ISO reads like that than it is for scum to actively scumhunt.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

....what?

DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Framm 18 wrote:
DavidParker wrote:
Framm 18 wrote:
DavidParker wrote:I
will
not be voting NS on day 1 regardless of whether he is scum or not upon him winning me my either newbie game!

The game is completed.

I am sorry, but VOTE: DavidParker. He sidestepped the question IMO. I get that there will not be 100% proof on day 1, but I asked why you would not vote for him if you were sure he was a baddie. I don't care if NS is the Grand Master of Mafia, slip-ups happen to everyone, especially when you are not able to fully devote time to the game.

Ugh, my Mafia Paranoia is starting to kick in. :roll:
well, if he make a huge slip-up there are 7 other players (apart from me and him) who can lynch him for it. if it's a slipup that confirms he's scum with almost certainty, everyone will see it and my vote won't be needed. Yes, this is purely silliness, I will be pressuing NS like anyone else, this is a different game, I just wanted to be nice after he won anohter game for me. Ignoring him for a day seemed like a worthwhile way :p

think of it what you want.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by Friend »

NS:

...? You saying that you're not posting IIoA? That you're not only targeting lurkers, who are easy easy targets for scum to mislynch?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

ST is not just lurking, he is Active Lurking. Surely you know the difference. If he changes his ways and
plays the game
, I'll re-evaluate.

theperson is lurking, yes, and it could be real-life, yes, and that's why I said:
I wrote:Therefore, will analyze later. However, if this slot follows in STs footsteps, I'll serious switch to the idea of a ST/tp team.
What, am I not allowed to have early reads and potentially change my mind later?
....what?

Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by Friend »

No, no, have your reads. It just seems improbable that the scumteam is all lurkers. ST has given excuses - theperson is VLA.

Still didn't answer me about the change of heart on Aspen btw.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”