Newbie 976 - Game Over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Vote Count 1.5

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

Nobody Special: 3: Friend (17), gandalf5166 (18), Aspen (20)
gandalf5166: 1: theperson (7)
Aspen: 1: Nobody Special (16)
koch: 1: DavidParker (19)

Not voting: Framm 18, koch, startansmission

With 9 players alive it takes 5 to lynch. Currently Nobody Special would be lynched at Deadline. Deadline is 12:00 PM EDT/9:00 AM PDT on Saturday, July 17th. Countdown Timer.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:14 pm

Post by Friend »

Gandalf, what do you make of DavidParker's FoS on you?
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

It makes no sense. Nobody can get away with a quicklynch, so I'm scummy?
Framm 18
Framm 18
Goon
Framm 18
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by Framm 18 »

It kind of feels like he tried to make a splash in this game or try and pull something quick, but when confronted definitely backed off and shall we say stumbled while doing it. It could be just not really knowing what he was doing, but it also could be a failed attempt at trying to pull a fast one. I just don't know???

Like you said, it is just a feeling at this point and nothing I say can be set in stone right now. I would like to hear from a few of the players, even though it is a holiday weekend.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:44 pm

Post by Friend »

Framm 18 wrote:It kind of feels like he tried to make a splash in this game or try and pull something quick, but when confronted definitely backed off and shall we say stumbled while doing it. It could be just not really knowing what he was doing, but it also could be a failed attempt at trying to pull a fast one. I just don't know???

Like you said, it is just a feeling at this point and nothing I say can be set in stone right now. I would like to hear from a few of the players, even though it is a holiday weekend.
I understand, and definitely agree with you on this whole post.
gandalf5166 wrote:It makes no sense. Nobody can get away with a quicklynch, so I'm scummy?
Do you find DavidParker scummy for the FoS?
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by Friend »

Also, unrelated, but NS - is it okay if I steal your wikipage template? I really like it.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

I'm not sure. I more find him stupid than scummy, I guess. He is just too...... jumpy.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by Friend »

hmm. Interesting. You don't seem to like aggressive-type players, although theperson says you used to be one.
theperson wrote:Gandalf was very aggressive in the game he played with me in the beginning.
Tell me more.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:22 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

I was. But it was mainly because it was my first game on the site, and I was unused to the fact that scumhunting was occurring. See, on kongregate, there is a magical land of mafia where everybody sucks, almost everybody gets a power role, and we basically do RVS all the way through the game. So when people started analyzing my posts, I thought it was weird.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Oh, and despite the incredible odds in the town's favor if everybody has a power role, scum usually wins.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by Friend »

I read your posts in that game (Newbie 939, right?) and did see the level of aggression. However, a lot of that might have to do with you being scum in that game. So your lack of aggression here gives me a slightly townier read on you.
Framm 18
Framm 18
Goon
Framm 18
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:42 am

Post by Framm 18 »

gandalf5166 wrote:Oh, and despite the incredible odds in the town's favor if everybody has a power role, scum usually wins.
That is strange, I play where everyone has a role and the distribution of winning is fairly even. It depends on the activity and how balanced the host is when coming up with the roles. [/metagaming]
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:03 am

Post by Friend »

I think he was referring to the games he plays on kongregate.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:12 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Friend wrote:I think he was referring to the games he plays on kongregate.
I think that Framm was saying that an all-power role game is not necessarily tipped in the town's favor.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:23 am

Post by Friend »

Oh. Well I don't want to get to get totally off-topic here.

Gandalf, since koch doesn't seem to be showing up I'd like to hear your theory about his aggressiveness anyways.

@Mod: can you please prod koch? It's been 48 hours.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:33 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

The thing is, if I reveal it, then he can just deny, deny, deny. And plus, it's not really relevant until he shows up. There's no point in pushing a case against someone unless they're around to attempt to defend themselves.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:35 am

Post by Zorblag »

Mod Note: I'm actually planning on holding off on prods in general until tomorrow. With this being a holiday weekend for many I expect participation to be on the light side. I'll be checking to see who's due for prods tomorrow morning (and that will include koch if he hasn't posted by then.)

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:38 am

Post by Friend »

Okay, that's cool.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:43 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

I just wanted to announce it that way it wouldn't seem like it came out of nowhere later.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:11 am

Post by Friend »

I understand, although I would like some more scumhunting from you too. Do you still feel NS is the best place to keep your vote? Why?
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:39 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Well, let's look at his ISO. 0-2 are RVS/introduction, you don't really expect much content there. But then, to "revive" discussion, he uses random questions. I don't mind RQS. As long as SOME of them are actually related to the game at hand. Which of course, none of his are. The way to revive a game is to do what Friend did when he replaced in: He called out the people who were acting scummy and started asking questions. Asking completely irrelevant questions does nothing but encourage fluff posts. He does ask a relevant question in his next post, however, but not really related to the game at hand. Mafia theory doesn't help us find scum. By the way, going off-subject: Star is wrong. Statistically, the best thing for town to do D1 is NL. Problem is, that then the best thing for mafia to do that night, statistically, is not kill. So the game never ends. Back on-topic: 6-7 is more commenting that does nothing to advance the game. In eight, he answers his own stupid questions. 9 is something that needed to be said, but still nothing to do with finding scum. 10, he at least makes an accusation, but for a reason that has nothing to do with the game, once again: If you don't agree with me, you must be scum. 11, he posts his read on one player, with no analysis to back it up. 12, his Aspen vote still disturbs me. He votes Aspen for coming back into the game? Would he be less scummy if he lurked for another two days, and then came back? 14-16, he makes three long posts, still raging about RQS. Now, you might have noticed that nowhere in there did he do an ounce of scumhunting. And normally, I
might
accept that as an excuse. But he made three very long posts about RQS, so clearly he has time. He should have saved it for MD and done some scumhunting. And then of course, there's the "blatant attempt at stifling discussion" thing, when you revived the game, for Christ's sake.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:00 am

Post by Friend »

gandalf5166 wrote:By the way, going off-subject: Star is wrong. Statistically, the best thing for town to do D1 is NL.
It's actually not, but I'll let startransmission to get into that if he wants to. Just know that NLing is bad, bad, bad.

Anyways, even though your case is basically my case, I'm glad you got it down in writing and understand it. I don't like people sheeping on my cases if they can't adequately explain them back to me.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:02 am

Post by Nobody Special »

You don't like a lot of things, I'm finding. I'll stop just short of ad hom, here.

Scumhunting to come. Probably later today.

Oh, and Friend: There is no way you'll ever convince me you're not an alt. No way.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:04 am

Post by DavidParker »

I will not be voting NS on day 1 regardless of whether he is scum or not upon him winning me my either newbie game!

Awaiting on koch's reply.... (or a sub)
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Framm 18
Framm 18
Goon
Framm 18
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:08 am

Post by Framm 18 »

DavidParker wrote:I will not be voting NS on day 1 regardless of whether he is scum or not upon him winning me my either newbie game!

Awaiting on koch's reply.... (or a sub)
OK can you please stop mentioning other games that are going on, in this game thread? It is slightly annoying and why would you not vote for him if you were sure of him being scum???

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”