Mini 981: Descent into Chaos (Game Over)

Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:21 am

Post by Pittbunny »

So, as it stands:

Easjo -
Chrono - None used
Kenman - S,K
Nikanor - None provided?
Vasu - Not provided
Fitz -

When easjo's slot, vasu, and fitz provide results, I'll be asking a second question should I get the initials I'm looking for. Considering the items I've been in possession of thus far, I think I see a method that not only confirms a town but protects them for tonight as well. This would involve Chrono's cooperation, seeing as he has the book of spells I dropped yesterday. And worst comes to worse (that I don't find the letters), we're exactly the same as we were yesterday.

I'm giddy all over.
"Not exactly related to the topic as a whole but what's the deal with putting quotes in your signature that have no relevance to your own life?" - Ythan

Jesters are also Decade's fault. ONORE DECADE!
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by Chronopie »

I'm game.

But do I need to use the one remaining to me before this will work, or do I need that one for it to work?
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by Pittbunny »

Hm. I want the possible confirmed townie protected tonight, which involves either you or that person to cast the last spell so that they can cast spell number....2? CM?. As to who to cast it on, I frankly don't know yet. I'd rather more discussion be done, because this is too quiet. Especially if a player is claiming to have a method to not only confirm but PROTECT what I'm assuming to be a townie, you would think more people would post in.
"Not exactly related to the topic as a whole but what's the deal with putting quotes in your signature that have no relevance to your own life?" - Ythan

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by Nikanor »

I said that I used no ability last night.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:48 pm

Post by Chronopie »

I wouldn't've been able to cast it last night anyway, You'd used one yesterday. Today is the first opportunity for me to use it, meaning I get access to CM
tomorrow
. I'm thinking ken or
VV
should be on the receiving end of B.

CM is #3 btw.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:09 pm

Post by Pittbunny »

Agreed, and crap. =/

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:05 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Pitt: Oh phooey, our scumbuddy died. There are only 2 of us left :(. Hey, let's make plans in thread Town points! Maybe they'll ignore all the scummy things we've done thus far!
Chrono: Cool! I'll noddingly support you in thread without even suspecting you!
Pitt: Yeah, this is awesome!

--

Probably 3 scum in this game. 1 scum died and suddenly these two are like "YAY! LETS DROP ITEMS AND SHIT TO LOOK TOWN!"

Come on. Just check their ISOs. (I'll make a full ISO analysis on both if you don't see it. But I think my summarized cases on them should have been sufficient.)
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:04 am

Post by Pittbunny »

Your failure to cooperate in the possibility that we're town is noted. Your failure to come up with anything other than conjecture whereas I'm offering concrete proof is also noted. Lastly, your failure to do anything to help understand the situation of the town, be it by use of mechanics, aggressive scumhunting, or even the fact that you dayslept when a now-dead town provided ample reason, rationale, and motivation to NOT have suspicious people daysleep is noted. ISO me all you want, you're grasping at straws to cover your own lack of activity.

I'd also note that I've had this plan set in motion since yesterday when I picked up the Psykus Daemonica, and that Chronopie's assumed cooperation is an addition I wasn't prepared to get but am happy to. Hell, we could even pass the Psykus Daemonica around until everyone has confirmed what it does, if you wish. However, I think that you're just trying to burn time. I don't mind, honestly, because I'm waiting on our sleeper to wake up, but be more productive. You obviously had a night action N2, yet you make no effort to explain, crumb, or even advise utilizing the results of said action. Again, concrete vs. conjecture. Which is honestly of more use to formulate a day strategy right now?

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:32 am

Post by VasudeVa »

The possibility that you are town is slim. Why would I cooperate? You are so scummy cooperating with you would be stupid. That, and Chrono trusting you despite your scumminess makes little sense as Town. You trusting Chrono despite his scumminess doesn't make sense as Town too. (Townie cooperation starts with: 'I don't trust you, why should I trust you, Chrono/Pitt reads town' etc.)

Therefore, you're both scum. CAN WE LYNCH THEM PRETTY PLZ?
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:31 am

Post by Nikanor »

VV: If we lynch Pittbunny and he flips town, will you eat a lynch tomorrow?
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:37 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Gladly.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:05 am

Post by Chronopie »

Well it's more a case of "They haven't given me any reason to distrust them over others" A town read with a plan to save townies ftw, worth playing along. Had Nik been proposing a plan, I'd have gone along with that too.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by Pittbunny »

VasudeVa wrote:The possibility that you are town is slim. Why would I cooperate? You are so scummy cooperating with you would be stupid. That, and Chrono trusting you despite your scumminess makes little sense as Town. You trusting Chrono despite his scumminess doesn't make sense as Town too. (Townie cooperation starts with: 'I don't trust you, why should I trust you, Chrono/Pitt reads town' etc.)

Therefore, you're both scum. CAN WE LYNCH THEM PRETTY PLZ?
He gave me the Psykus Daemonica. I don't believe scum would have dropped me that item, considering its potential use (AKA how I used it last night). He also didn't roleblock me, which is one of the abilities of the Book of Spells.

Again. Concrete data vs. pure conjecture. I'm offering proof in a format that I cannot corrupt (via the initials test), I don't see why you aren't at the very LEAST allowing me to demonstrate. It is one thing to call me scum, but wait until after I say my piece before you try to advocate a full lynch. What are you trying to do, quicklynch?

Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by Pittbunny »

Honestly, I'm not enjoying the fact that we're three days away and not all of town has posted yet. It makes demonstrations hard to do.

Fitz, I'm almost certain I'm waiting on you. You should be awake now, I'd like to see a post.

@Mod: Will we get more time if an easjo replacement doesn't show up relatively soon?

If I find a replacement soon, I may choose to extend the deadline.

Vasu: Could you at the very least explain why you don't want to provide the initials? Be as vague as you want, but you haven't actually provided a reason.

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:48 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Silently we continued our trek down the caves. I was striding alongside Gaston and Theadora. The only person ahead of us was Marya, and she was preoccupied with watching the path ahead.

"Do you really think we'll find a way out?" I asked Gaston quietly.

He shook his head. "Not really. The mountains are big, and the further you descend into them, the less likely you are to find another passageway out."

"But it doesn't hurt to look," Theadora added. "Much better than just sitting around and waiting to die."

"Yeah." We walked in silence for a while.

Then Theadora said, "You know what's really been bothering me, though? Why haven't those imps tried to break through the collapsed cave entrance?"

"A lot of rocks fell," I pointed out. "And they're heavy too. I'm not sure they could lift them."

"Oh, trust me, they could," Gaston assured me. "I can think of two things: either they have another way inside, or they're digging through the rock."

I shuddered. "You mean those things could pop up in here?"

He nodded. "Not a damn thing we can do about it, though."

A thought struck me. "There's a third possibility. Abner."

Theadora arched her eyebrow. "What does Abner have to do with anything?"

"Presumably he summoned those imps, right? They herded us off from going anywhere
except
the cave. If all he was trying to do was kill us, why not just have them surround us entirely?"

"But why?" Gaston inquired. "Why would Abner be trying to manipulate us to do things when he won't reap the benefits of it?"

"Maybe it isn't Abner who's doing the manipulation..."

Jonqin Aldertoss (havingfitz)
has awoken, but he has told me he'll be V/LA until Friday.

The previous vote count still applies.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:58 am

Post by Nikanor »

fitz is V/LA until the day before the deadline. Awesome.
Pitt's plan is clearly going nowhere. Do you have what you need to confirm someone yet?
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:02 am

Post by VasudeVa »

@Nik: It sorta looks like you're going along with Pitt's plan. Why? Also, I might send something if you have space. I don't like it that the scum roleblocker is stating in thread to block me.

I'm not really interested in obvscum asking me to support him. This is clearly a gambit since I narrowed it down to two of them. With the diminishing numbers of Town, I can see that this can lead to them getting to LyLo(if it isn't already.).

@Mod: Is it LyLo? Will it be announced in thread?

I will not announce Lylo in thread.
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by Pittbunny »

@Nik: No, I haven't. Only one person has provided me initials (Kenman). If his were the initials I was looking for, I would have wrapped this up two days ago. I'm probably not looking for Vasu, considering that he keeps pushing for my lynch without any tangible information. The fact that fitz still isn't here is worrisome. I don't like the idea of 1/2 - 1 day to act out a whole week.

There IS something else I could ask for, I suppose. Part of my research last night yielded flavor text.
Kenman, if any colors, shapes, or sounds are associated with your ability, I'd like to know what they are.
Vasu, my offer still goes out to you. Stop being unhelpful and actually contribute to town. The reason that Chrono is going to roleblock you is twofold. First is that it is the last of three spells, and casting all three refreshes the book. By refreshing the book, we can get not only one more chance to use the roleblock but also the doctor spell as well. The second is that you still have not revealed anything about just what you've been doing at night. Obviously, you've had time to sleep during the day, but you have yet to account for three nights. That is, frankly, suspicious.

@Nik: If vasu sends you 'something', do you mind posting as much information about it as you can in thread? I think that we're at the point in the game where item information is going to be very important. Seeing how much I've been able to ascertain having been in possession of three items, I would appreciate your continued cooperation. To be honest, I don't want any items until I unrandomize, because me holding them is frankly a waste.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:08 am

Post by havingfitz »

I’m back...and awake. Pitt...can you please explain what your idea is and why are we limiting the info you are asking for to initials? Since you apparantly are all knowing with respect to what the initials indicate...why should you be the only person privvy to who is doing what? Doesn’t that equate to rolefishing? Why should you have more game knowledge than the rest of us?

@Mod...easjo being awol is an annoyance and I would prefer to hear comments/opinions for an easjo replacement prior to us going into the next night.
Especially as easjo being considered town (at least IMO) makes that position's opinions hopefully of benefit to the rest of town and scum hunting in general.

Based on vote count analysis...I’m looking at Pitt, Chrono and Kenman as a likely group to contain scum. I am not ruling out anyone as scum aside from perhaps easjo, but atm I do not think Vasudeva and Nikanor are scum.

As for night actions...and any questions that might arise about my sleeping today: I protected myself and I slept to start off the day because I was due for a nap, I did not want any of my actions randomized, and three RL days is a small price to pay to be at 100% the rest of the day and the next two phases.

@Pitt...why did you pass up 3RL days of sleep today in exchange for being ramdomized?

Not a big fan of grand master plans and having one person as the repository of other people’s abilities/actions. Coupled with the aforementioned VCA,

Vote Pittbunny
until perhaps the master plan is explained and pending whether I agree with it’s benefit to town.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:19 am

Post by Pittbunny »

Oh bloody hell, it isn't you either.

Well, this dead-ended fast. I'm looking for our cop-item, who I assume to have targeted me last night (I was targeted by two abilities last night: Mine(Magical Residue) and another one, whose initials I was fishing for because I didn't want to immediately out a cop). Since you've claimed to have self-protected, it can't be you (you wouldn't be voting for me if you had, assuming the cop item is with town at the moment).

I didn't exchange three days, I'm literally force-randomized for this phase and the night phase. It's disassociated from the sleep mechanic, and is a side effect of my starting item. Mine was a one-shot, which let me use one item twice during a phase. I chose to use it with the Psykus Daemonica, because its investigative ability has been the most effective thing for me to use it with thus far (out of it and the Book of Spells, anyway).

I'm now essentially a VT with a scrambled vote until 1. Day 5 comes around and 2. I get an item.
I'd also like to note that my flavor thus far has been entirely accurate and will provide you information on me. It doesn't show anything alignment-wise, but you'll definitely get a good idea of what my starting item was.

And to answer your first paragraph:
Find the Cop/Confirm up to THREE town
In case I didn't find the cop, scum wouldn't have information that would be of use.
I'm not all-knowing, I know the abilities that targeted me last night
Because of the scum-info line.
Yes, but I'm being QUITE constructive with it. Seeing as I've pinned down the location of a doc-protect, the name of what I think is an investigative ability, the location of a watcher ability, the location of a roleblock ability, and one or two other things, I think I'm pretty well justified in fishing.

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:57 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I will extend the deadline by three days from the original one. If I find an easjo replacement in the meantime, I may extend it further.

The new deadline is Tuesday, July 6th, 2010 at 10:00 a.m.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Soo, you were trying to out the cop? That was so lame. If I were scum and you did that I would be looking for anyone claiming 'I'. What ELSE could 'I' stand for?

Plus the 'my item forces me to randomize T_T' excuse is bad and unconfirmable. (Unless of course, you are willing to pass it on to another player. But see here, you have scumbuddies lounging around here somewhere who can easily 'confirm' you.)

Added bonus is, it might be LyLo and we don't even know about it. Whatever hogwash you are spewing, I don't trust it.
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by Pittbunny »

It isn't "I".

Can't confirm via item as it was a one-shot and thus no longer exists.
I'd like to remind you; what was the first potential secret revealed about Rachella in the fluff?

I don't see why outing the cop now is an issue. If the 'cop' confesses it not only clears them (assuming they aren't scum that happened upon it, but it clears me, who was targeted, AND it half-clears chronopie who has done nothing but assist my efforts.

And you STILL haven't addressed that I have done constructively more to aid the town than you have. Let's be perfectly clear here; I know where a powerful set of abilities are, who they belong to at the moment, what they do, and I have the results of my own investigations. Not only have I done that, but I have done it in a way that
I could not have corrupted
. I dropped the Psykus Daemonica, go ahead and pick it up to confirm that, yes, it does what it what I've claimed it does. I'm sure Chronopie would allow people to see the Book of Spells so long as he gets it back before deadline, and then you'll get to see that yes, it does what I've claimed it does.

And then, for those that really want to go left-field with conjectures, we have flavor to consider. Nearly every player has by now been given some form of spotlight. Abner was given quite a large amount of screentime associated with daemonic forces and guess what happened? He was some sort of servant. Considering how much effort SK has put in to the flavor, I don't think that she's scripted it up solely for us to skip and see "Oh, X player's out, they're Y". It's there for a reason, it's full of a colorful and fact-filled storyline, and it's been totally spot-on with what I've been given about Rachella. The snake river incident, everything.

Seriously. Stop saying "I don't trust you" and actually counterpoint with something better than the half-assed responses that look like you only skimmed over my posts due to scumtunnelling. You have not told us ANYTHING about what you have done these nights; I have told you everything. Hell, ask me whatever you want and I'll answer that too.

In the meantime, someone unvote me. In the case that Nik might be scum, I don't want a quicklynch. Considering how much you keep asking about LyLo, I would think that you could agree with my sentiments Vasu. Frankly, it's the only thing I'd expect you to agree on.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:35 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Nikanor wrote:And I had a plan to catch the thief. If everyone had doublevoted, the thief would have been caught by the vote count. That's why they dropped it.
UNVOTE: Pittbunny for a brief time since it's a holiday weekend and I'm in the spirit of Independence...or something like that.
Still focused on Pitt and not sure I see the logic in the 'explanation' he/she provided.

Just had a question for Nik...excellent plan to flush out who took your item; however, why would scum care about whether anyone knew they had the double-voting item (which I assume is the Amulet of Gatos?)? Scum could claim they did not know whether or not you were town and claim they were town as well...and leery of giving such a powerful item to someone they were unsure of. Same if it was town who stole and released the item. Just trying to figure out the logic behind why the DV item was stolen and returned. Any other thoughts on this question would be welcome. Seems like the game is set on sloooooooow so the more thinking things out the better.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:39 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Also...Pitt...I don't tend to pay a lot of attention to flavor. Can you highlight any parts of the flavor that may be giving you indications of player's alignments or are in any way confirming any of the events in the game so far (other than lynches of course)? If there is benefit in pouring over the flavor then I have been negligent. At the same time...I don't want to analyze the flavor if it's not going to benefit scum hunting.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”