Newbie 965 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:42 am

Post by quadz08 »

Just so you guys know, I'm leaving tomorrow for a trip to the beach for the 4th. I'm gonna be driving tomorrow afternoon, so if any questions are asked of me then, don't expect an immediate answer.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:01 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Noted.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Jeffcole1
Jeffcole1
Goon
Jeffcole1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by Jeffcole1 »

Vote Count 4.2:

silverbullet999 (1): quadz08
quadz08 (1): silverbullet999

Not Voting (1): Nobody Special

With 3 players alive, it takes 2 votes to lynch. silverbullet999 and quadz08 are at L-1.
Current Games:
--Munchkin Quest Tournament (Game A: Jeffcole1 vs. RedPanda vs. Ravel vs. animorpherv1 vs. Kcdaspot)
--Shadow Hunters
--Haunted Mansion
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by quadz08 »

silverbullet999 wrote:
I do, actually. I don't think AGar (or NS, for that matter) is foolish enough to attempt to lynch ANYONE right at the get-go. I think you have underestimated the intelligence of your competition.
Your cracking me up... are you kidding me... I'm not saying that AGar would have thrown his vote on you at the beginning of the day but i can guarendamntee that his vote would have been on you already by now... as for your repeated suggestions that i'm rushing everything, you already stated your opinion, I stated mine and threw the vote, your omgusing and reaching now to try to win. I knew it would come to this as you think you can convince NS, as you had a small to no chance on convincing me.
I personally think that AGar, like NS, is smart enough to wait to vote until there had been some discussion. How does me suspecting you make you so sure I'm scum anyway? Why would me suspecting NS suddenly clear me? And you blame me for an OMGUS...
silverbullet999 wrote:
That's the thing: YOU say that you're town. No one else knows that. Your reasoning assumes that NS knows that you're a townie, which is a foolish gambit for anyone to make, and especially scum. I think one of two things occurred here: A) you couldn't think of better reasoning for your vote, or B) you're trying to push the idea that you're town. A psychological ploy, if you will. By insinuating and saying that you're town, the idea will become lodged more and more firmly in his head. Not a bad idea, except you weren't subtle enough. It was rather obvious to me, actually.
Someone needs to learn to read apparently. A few things to note
Never did I say NS knows I'm town... I know he's town... or at least strongly read him as town, thus since I am town.. and I believe him to be town... you must be scum. It cracks me up how your so obviously bothered by my vote on you... how the hell is it a foolish gambit to place a vote on someone you strongly believe to be scum. I have been gunning for you on and off the whole game... how are you even surprised?
B. So me mentioning that I'm town... once... is a psychological tactic... wow... that since i'm obviously mentioning i'm town... it's an obvious ploy... wow
I also never said that NS knows you're town; I said that the assumption your reasoning implies is that NS believes you're town. Of course he doesn't KNOW you're town. And, um, duh I'm bothered by your vote. If NS votes me, town loses.

The foolish gambit I was referring to was your assumption that NS believes you're town.

This late in the game, it's not as though it has to be said very much. And, by the way, I'm not surprised you're gunning for me; you've been aimed at me for a good chunk of the game. I'm just surprised you were dumb enough to put down your vote on me so quickly. Like I said before, I think you did it to capitalize on the prevailing sentiment that I am scum, before analysis and discussion could reveal otherwise.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

Quadz we did have discussion... i still don't get what your getting at with the OMG he's rushing!
I personally think that AGar, like NS, is smart enough to wait to vote until there had been some discussion. How does me suspecting you make you so sure I'm scum anyway? Why would me suspecting NS suddenly clear me? And you blame me for an OMGUS...
A.[Insert Psychological Ploy Here]
B. You suspecting NS would not clear you, if you noticed a post however that we had missed where he was like... hey guys i'm scum! I would have been swayed. I was about 95 percent sure you were scum, and now with nobody's actions I am now 100 percent sure. Wanna explain how this is OMGUS from your point?

I also never said that NS knows you're town; I said that the assumption your reasoning implies is that NS believes you're town. Of course he doesn't KNOW you're town. And, um, duh I'm bothered by your vote. If NS votes me, town loses.

The foolish gambit I was referring to was your assumption that NS believes you're town.
Whoah! Your doing that psychological ploy thing! Your sub consciously saying you are town! Oh my i'll have to place my vote on NS now!....
Also I don't see how me placing a vote on scum (you) makes the assumption that NS will quickly come in to bandwagon you. And I still don't see any stupidity with me throwing a vote on you after you've explained your case. If the vote was my very first post and right at the start of this day, this could have some credit... but seriously lmao, With this reasoning I can easily say "AHAHA You voted me foolishly right after! If you were town you would be analytical but now you are trying to get Nobody emotional and to side with you to throw his vote down on me so that you win and town loses! Such a foolish gambit as it assumes that NS is going to vote for me right away!"

See how that reasoning... doesn't make sense...

@Nobody
Where's the questions!
... People were right it seems....
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:08 am

Post by Nobody Special »

My apologies (see sig) but I may have to extend my promised vote till Friday.
....what?

Jeffcole1
Jeffcole1
Goon
Jeffcole1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by Jeffcole1 »

Vote Count 4.3:

quadz08 (1): silverbullet999

Not Voting (1): Nobody Special

With 3 players alive, it takes 2 votes to lynch. silverbullet999 and quadz08 are at L-1.
Current Games:
--Munchkin Quest Tournament (Game A: Jeffcole1 vs. RedPanda vs. Ravel vs. animorpherv1 vs. Kcdaspot)
--Shadow Hunters
--Haunted Mansion
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:29 pm

i have 13 hours or so working 2 jobs tomorrow... sooo I'll be responding late tomorrow if you have any questions or what not for me.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Kinda like silver, I'm on a trip-esque thing, so I'm going to be pseudo-kindof-V/LA for this weekend. I should be able to respond to things, but I don't really know how often or how in-depth.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:59 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Going back to start of day...
silverbullet999 wrote:@Nobody

Your not surprised agar is dead... but it still makes you wonder? Explain if ya don't mind.
Well, I assumed that quadz wouldn't be killed (because I was sure he's scum). But I guess I was expecting you or me to be killed. I guess.
quadz08 wrote:I think AGar's death post wins, btw.
Both of you, by now, have mentioned AGar's death, but not Wraith's. You aren't helping. Either of you.

The fact that SB voted first makes me really think he's town -- even moreso than before. But then, if SB was scum, voting first wouldn't make any difference...? Gah.
silverbullet999 wrote:EBWOP
(Your non hammer proves your town which makes me whimper with joy)
Really don't like this. Screams scum trying to suck up.
quadz08 wrote:I also never said that NS knows you're town; I said that the assumption your reasoning implies is that NS believes you're town.
Of course he doesn't KNOW you're town.
And, um, duh I'm bothered by your vote. If NS votes me, town loses.
(Bolding mine.) It's only "of course" if you're scum. If you were town, you wouldn't KNOW what I do or don't know. This hurt you.
quadz08 wrote:This late in the game, it's not as though it has to be said very much. And, by the way, I'm not surprised you're gunning for me; you've been aimed at me for a good chunk of the game. I'm just surprised you were dumb enough to put down your vote on me so quickly. Like I said before, I think you did it to capitalize on the prevailing sentiment that I am scum, before analysis and discussion could reveal otherwise.
The prevailing sentiment is there, I think, because you most likely are.

I'm (still) leaning very heavily to quadz.

I need to sleep on this.

I'm sorry for taking so long. I hate being in this position.
....what?

quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:55 pm

Post by quadz08 »

NS wrote: (Bolding mine.) It's only "of course" if you're scum. If you were town, you wouldn't KNOW what I do or don't know. This hurt you.
We know you're not scum, since you didn't just hammer someone and end it. So, unless you're the cop, I think it's safe to assume that you don't know if he's town or not. I believe my logic is sound.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:18 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Oh, yeah, huh.

Well, I slept on it. And I thought about this whole game, most all night long.

Rather than keep myself in a state of analysis paralysis, I've decided to just go with my (long-standing) gut feeling.

Vote: quadz

Please let me be right.

@SB: If I'm wrong, you've played a masterful game.
....what?

Jeffcole1
Jeffcole1
Goon
Jeffcole1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:14 am

Post by Jeffcole1 »

Vote Count 4.4:

quadz08 (2): silverbullet999, Nobody Special

quadz08, Mafia Goon, Lynched Day 4

silverbullet999, Townie, Survived
Nobody Special, Townie, Survived

Town Wins!

Details and comments later tonight.
Current Games:
--Shadow Hunters
--Haunted Mansion
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:23 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Stress: relieved!

Good game, everyone!
....what?

silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:48 am

woot woot! I was gonna reply to your stuff but I just got back to reply to it and saw the results! Give me a five Nobody!

(I would have cried if you voted me) lol

Good game all! (I give myself extra points for wanting to lynch quadz since the beginning! : P)
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:49 am

Also can we see the quicktopic! :D
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:35 am

Post by AGar »

AGar wrote: I said before (early D3 I believe) that I was under the belief that we were in the mountainous setup (1 Goon, 1 Roleblocker, 7 Townies). That belief coupled with the aforementioned findings leads me to believe that the scumpair is quadz (goon) and Wraith (RB).
Fuck yeah!

Congrats, town!

Good work NS/SB.

I'll post up more thoughts soon, just woke up.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Whooooo. Well played, everyone. I blame my over-sensitivity on Day 1 haha. If anyone has any pointers for me, they would be much appreciated!
Jeffcole1
Jeffcole1
Goon
Jeffcole1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by Jeffcole1 »

Night Actions:

Night 1:

Wraith roleblocks DavidParker
quadz08 kills Uite

Night 2:

Wraith roleblocks Nobody Special
quadz08 kills Thor665

Night 3:

quadz08 kills AGar

Comments:

There's not really a whole lot I can comment on that you guys can't comment on better, I think. I thought DavidParker was either very brave or very foolish to fake-claim cop as a VT; he was obviously hoping to bait the N1 kill, as AGar speculated, but, sadly, it didn't work as planned with a roleblocker on the scum team. After DP died, Wraith asked me via PM if a VT was informed of being roleblocked, and the answer is no, they're not (at least not normally). All in all, I hope you all had a good time, and that the six new players now have a good idea of how the game is played here on MafiaScum. Feel free to post your thoughts on the game, and I hope to see you around. :)
Current Games:
--Shadow Hunters
--Haunted Mansion
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:42 pm

Can we see the quicktopic!? : P
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:34 pm

Post by DavidParker »

here's me wishing i didn't quick lynch mallow when i thought he was town on day 1... quadz and wraith were the next 2 most likely to be lynched :/

was just impatient.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:53 am

Post by Uite »

Congratulations! Great game!

I was killed early, so most of the game I just watched from the sidelines, but it was a good game to watch. I'm curious why I was the choice for the first nightkill though. I didn't particularly suspect either of you during the first day, and said as much.
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:08 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Good Job guys!
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:10 am

Post by DavidParker »

yeah well done NS/SB : )
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:29 am

Uite I think you were killed because you were more seen as townie I think
Same goes for Thor
and also for Agar

I think I should have been killed day 1 maybe, but perhaps grim and quadz thought I would lead the pack in the wrong direction.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”