Newbie 965 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by Wraith »

My scumdar isn't flashing too hard, but my top three suspects in no particular order are quadz, NS, and AGar, mostly for just scummy play/posts over the last few days. Although, I'm sure I myself am pretty high on everyone's lists as well for the same reasons.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by Wraith »

Also, for NS's reference: I'll refer to you (NobodySpecial) by saying NS. Whenever I say "nobody," capitalized or uncapitalized, I mean "no person"
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by Thor665 »

AGar wrote:I want everyone to post their top two suspects going into D3 if they get on before the thread lock.
I'll disagree with this at this point, since the effect on the NK choice by scum could be affected for greater WIFOM annoyance were the plan followed. I think everyone coming up with their thoughts and expressing them early Day 3 is a better overall plot.

I will say that if David flips town I'm going to have to just start adjusting my game play to be more gut and less logic oriented.

Also, David, an early piece of advice - if you're a town role in the future; lie less then you did here.
Jeffcole1
Jeffcole1
Goon
Jeffcole1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by Jeffcole1 »

Vote Count 2.5:

DavidParker (4): quadzo8, Wraith, AGar, Nobody Special

Wraith (1): DavidParker
Nobody Special (1): silverbullet999

Not Voting (1): Thor665

DavidParker, Townie, Lynched Day 2

It is now Night 2. Actions are due by Wednesday, June 23, at 9:00 PM EDT.
Current Games:
--Munchkin Quest Tournament (Game A: Jeffcole1 vs. RedPanda vs. Ravel vs. animorpherv1 vs. Kcdaspot)
--Shadow Hunters
--Haunted Mansion
Jeffcole1
Jeffcole1
Goon
Jeffcole1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by Jeffcole1 »

Thor665, Townie, Killed Night 2

It is now Day 3. With 5 players alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch. Deadline is set for Monday, July 12, at 9:00 EDT.

Also, someone (I won't say who) asked me overnight whether DavidParker's flip said that he wasn't a cop or just that he was town-aligned and may or may not have had a power role. To clarify the issue, I use Townie in death flips as shorthand for Vanilla Townie. In this context, that means that David was a VT, not a cop. If he was a cop, I would have said "DavidParker, Cop, Lynched Day 2". Most of you would probably figure that was the case anyway, but the question was asked, and it wouldn't be right not to give an answer.
Current Games:
--Munchkin Quest Tournament (Game A: Jeffcole1 vs. RedPanda vs. Ravel vs. animorpherv1 vs. Kcdaspot)
--Shadow Hunters
--Haunted Mansion
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Please, no one vote. I'll be back in less than half an hour to explain why.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Why would anyone want to kill me, I have it on good authority I am universally loved.

In other news - bah! See you all in the post game.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

Also, someone (I won't say who) asked me overnight whether DavidParker's flip said that he wasn't a cop or just that he was town-aligned and may or may not have had a power role. To clarify the issue, I use Townie in death flips as shorthand for Vanilla Townie. In this context, that means that David was a VT, not a cop. If he was a cop, I would have said "DavidParker, Cop, Lynched Day 2". Most of you would probably figure that was the case anyway, but the question was asked, and it wouldn't be right not to give an answer.
Well my mind just blew up... I hate you dp! rawr!....

and wut the ef!!! Why the kitty!!!!?!?!?! : (
... People were right it seems....
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:12 pm

Also yeah be cautious with the vote, if you misvote scum can just hope and claim victory.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Sorry for the posting-and-running, but I had to water the rabbits before dinner and dark. And the thread caught me off guard, I wasn't expecting it back up until Wednesday.

Anyway.

IC Hat On

We're now in a situation known as Lylo (Lynch or Lose) which means, basically, that if we lynch a Townie today, Town loses. We have to lynch mafia today. And if a vote for a Townie is placed by a non-Mafia, the two Mafia can suddenly hop on that bandwagon, and Game Over. (Or, what SB said.)

IC Hat Off

We have three weeks; I suggest we take our time and not rush this Day.

I'm leaving for dinner soon, so I won't be able to look into some things until later tonight (or probably morning).

Initial reads for tday: I think that AGar is probably town (that could change, but I'm not really sure it will). I also am slightly leaning to SB being town.

Will be re-reading the thread, and reporting back.
....what?

quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by quadz08 »

And I thought DP was confusing BEFORE he got lynched... jeesh. That's just all kinds of strange.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:07 pm

Post by Wraith »

I was expecting DP to flip either cop or scum. I never expected him to be VT lying about being a cop. WTF?
Show

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by AGar »

Shit. Quick night phase.

I'm somewhat not surprised at DP's flip, he was breadcrumbing at it all along. I think he was hoping to draw the night 1 kill, but my best guess is that we're in the mountainous setup and mafia blocked him while trying to snipe the doc that wasn't there.

I've gotta get to bed, got early appointments tomorrow, but I'll do a lot of re-reads tomorrow in my free time.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:12 am

I was going to make a big post... but I just thought of a plan. I ask that Everyone list their top two suspects and why. I ask that this is all you do for now. I will list mine at the end. If you have a problem with this, i'll hate you.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:14 am

EBWOP
You don't have to be very descriptive of the why for the moment, a small brief reason, or you don't even have to say why, would work for me right now. (Yes I am asking you all to trust in my plan... that will probably be fruitless but eh we will see.)
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:24 am

Post by Nobody Special »

silverbullet999 wrote:I was going to make a big post... but I just thought of a plan. I ask that Everyone list their top two suspects and why. I ask that this is all you do for now. I will list mine at the end. If you have a problem with this, i'll hate you.
Thor665 wrote:
AGar wrote:I want everyone to post their top two suspects going into D3 if they get on before the thread lock.
I'll disagree with this at this point, since the effect on the NK choice by scum could be affected for greater WIFOM annoyance were the plan followed. I think everyone coming up with their thoughts and expressing them early Day 3 is a better overall plot.
Skim much, scum? I don't like the juxtaposition of your kittenish obsession with Thor and your blatantly ignoring his advice.

I'm currently working on a WraithWall, but you just went up a couple of notches.
....what?

silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:25 am

Nobody... your ignorance amazes me... he didn't want them posted before the nk, as it could affect the nk outcome.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:26 am

I think everyone coming up with their thoughts and expressing them early Day 3 is a better overall plot.

Skimmer...
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:36 am

Post by Nobody Special »

*&^^%$^%$*

Okay, you got me. I'm in the middle of, as I said, a huge Wall-O-Text on Wraith, and I wanted to respond before everyone jumped in with suspects. (Not that the level of activity is much to worry about this morning.)

I'm rather focusing on Wraith right now.

But sure, let's hear everyone's suspects.

Mine:

Wraith
quadz
....what?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:30 am

Post by AGar »

Not going into descriptions right now but these are my top two off the hip. I haven't gotten to re-read yet, I probably won't until tomorrow afternoon, had a neurologist appointment earlier today and an EEG tomorrow morning.

No order:

Wraith
NS
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:37 am

Post by quadz08 »

Mine are (after some brief skim-esque rereading) in no particular order, NS and Wraith. I'm curious as to what this idea of yours is, silver.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:07 am

Post by Wraith »

Mine arein no order:

quadz (iffy Day 1)
NS (A few uncomfortably scummy posts)
Show

silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:43 am

Well my idea didn't work as well as hoped. Here was the big post I was going to make before having the idea.

Alright here we go

Looking at everything...

Alright thor belived agar was townie... so me thinks agar is town. Least for now

@Agar
What made you cast the hammer only after wraith pointed something out?

Looking at votes
quadz and wraith were the only ones on both bandwagons (if you will) something to note perhaps. I still read both of them as scummy for the moment.

Quadz was initially very defensive in the beginning, his tone of late is very friendly and buddyupity. I'd be very happy with a quadz lynch today. (Today meaning Day 3 and at the current moment)

wraith always seemed very defensive when getting attacked as well, when targeted he made a huge case on mallow. I think he's been trying the, don't suspect me, oh noes you suspect me, oh noes let me put effort into things so i look townie.

Nobody for better or worse i'm reading you as town.

Do I like that I think I know who both scum are? no, Quadz hits me the most as scum, wraith is a maybe, Nobody might or might now be, and I could be fully off about Agar but i'll see what happens.

-end of big post, additional added comments and such

I was hoping quadz and wraith would have identical suspicions, or both be heavily suspicious of me or something of the sort to make me feel comfortable in fully believing they are scum. They are both suspicious of NS, but so is agar.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:44 am

EBWOP

Nobody might or might not* be
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:47 am

I'll ask for reasons now from everyone I guess.

@Wraith
Wraith wrote:NS (A few uncomfortably scummy posts)
Show : D

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”