Newbie 965 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:21 am

Post by AGar »

Nobody Special wrote:You are correct. I s building my answer as I read through, and after your Plan was retracted, I neglected to pull that quote out. I retract it.
This still doesn't change the fact that had I not retracted the plan, you would still be pulling the quote out of context.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:29 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree. I made the point I was trying to make.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:03 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

Do I sniff a nobody scum slip again?
... People were right it seems....
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:34 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Nope.
....what?

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Nobody Special wrote:I think we'll just have to agree to disagree. I made the point I was trying to make.
Which was? Your current claim appears to be that the comment on AGar was pointless, unless I'm missing something.

Do you or do you not believe you were misrepping AGar?

With the retracting of the comment - what is your evidence for linking AGar and David as a scum pair?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

My point was, as you inferred, the linking of AGar and DP. (Yes, if DP flips Cop, I'll have to rethink that. I'm okay with that potentiality.)

I do not think, based on what I know at this point, that I was misrepping AGar, nor do I believe I was taking him that far out of context. I desired to make a point without quoting 42GB of text; concision is, after all, pro-town, yes?

There is still this:
DavidParker wrote:But here is what I feel: AGaR - DEFINITE town read. He is the one who pointed out how mallow made the planning comment with scumbuddies. Obviously, it could have been done to fool us and play the newb card by mallow so I didn't entirely believe it (hence why I hammered him) but when he flips town, I think this almost clears AGaR. Yes, this is largely reiterating thor's point, but I think it should be good to look back.
....what?

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I cleared AGar for functionally the same reasons that David did - he even said as much. Wouldn't that make me even more likely to be AGar's scumbuddy...or is that making me more likely David's buddy then AGar? To be frank, I still don't really see the connection you claim to have found. I certainly don't find the text you quoted from AGar to be indicative of buddying whether or not he dropped his mass claim plan - and really whether or not he dropped the mass claim plan shouldn't effect whether or not there is buddying in his commentary.
Jeffcole1
Jeffcole1
Goon
Jeffcole1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by Jeffcole1 »

Vote Count 2.4:

DavidParker (2): quadz08, Wraith
Wraith (1): David Parker

Not Voting (4): silverbullet999, AGar, Thor665, Nobody Special

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
Current Games:
--Munchkin Quest Tournament (Game A: Jeffcole1 vs. RedPanda vs. Ravel vs. animorpherv1 vs. Kcdaspot)
--Shadow Hunters
--Haunted Mansion
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:59 pm

I guess I was the only one who thought the plan was good. (I thought of it in a different way, thought it was a good ploy to trap scum in a way.)

Anywayz I'm fine with a lynch on David but I have a feeling he'll flip town (however he would be so dangerous in lylo sooo yeah)
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:33 pm

Post by DavidParker »

I agree having me in lylo is bad, but if you lynch scum today, you can hold off on lynching me anyways. I feel it's pretty clear I'm not scum at this point. Funny how the two people insisting I am scum are NS and Wraith... The two people I have paired as a possible scum team.

Also, NS i posted some question for you a few pages back, which you ignored!
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:56 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

DavidParker wrote:@ NS: You seem potential scum playing the "oh I don't want to hammer until I've reread everything" card! Okay, I don't really think that, but if you're scum that is what you've done. How do you think I should deal with the information I obtained last night? Is it worth revealing with all the suspicion on me? What if I found a scum last night? If I told you player X (say Wraith/SB was scum according to my last night's check) would you believe that?
I can't believe anything you say at this point. Sorry, that's just how it is. I have a very big thing about lying. In mafia, several ends can be achieved without outright lying. I just find it distasteful.

And sorry for not answering this sooner.

Also, I'm not so much 'insisting' that you're scum as I am insisting you die, mainly because you're more trouble than you're worth right now.

Vote: DavidParker

And that's L-1.
....what?

quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:58 pm

Post by quadz08 »

@Thor:
Thor wrote:@QUADZ - could I see your top two suspects list and a brief reason why for each of them? Your last post appears like a scattergun attack and I'm not sure I have a good feeling for where you stand on the current scumminess of the players.
Sorry if that post seemed scattered haha. My top two suspects:

1. DavidParker: Lying, anger, unhelpfulness, poor play, scummy actions... I personally think he's scum, though I guess I can understand where people are coming from when they get town from him. Even if he is town, though, I think he's extremely dangerous to keep around. I can't imagine his erratic and nonsensical play would be helpful in a LYLO situation (or any, for that matter.)

2. I honestly have no outstanding second suspect. I've mentioned things about most everyone left, but nobody stands out as scummier than the rest.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:10 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

quadz08 wrote:2. I honestly have no outstanding second suspect. I've mentioned things about most everyone left, but
nobody
stands out as scummier than the rest.
I really need a new username.
....what?

silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:30 am

-Nobody
I can't believe anything you say at this point. Sorry, that's just how it is. I have a very big thing about lying. In mafia, several ends can be achieved without outright lying. I just find it distasteful.
I don't intend to be a jerk... but isn't that a little hypocritical mr i'm a doc, admin did you make a mistake?
VOTE: nobody special
I really need a new username.
Yes You Do : P
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:54 am

Post by quadz08 »

@NS: Woops. My bad haha.

@silver: I'm confused... I don't comprehend your post at all.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:34 am

Post by Nobody Special »

@quadz: In my last game with SB, I was mafia but fake-claimed Doc. It didn't end well.

@SB: Yes, I made a mistake
in that game.
I also didn't admit to my fake-claim
in the game.
There's a difference.
....what?

DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:54 am

Post by DavidParker »

You can't believe anything I say?? Good. You should never believe anything anyone says at any point in the game.. You always have to look at it from the possibility they are scum or towny. So that's nothing new there...
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:08 am

@NS: My problem isn't that you lied or what not. But your prior post, you say you have a very big problem with lying. However (granted you were scum) you lied about being doc... to the extent of almost trying to cast blame on the admin for allowing someone to die that you claimed you protected...

I feel like your using the problem of lying as just an excuse to something else.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:53 am

Post by Thor665 »

@quadz - it is really non-functional for you to have an inability to say that you find even one other player scummy at this stage. I don't need you to have a perfect case, I need you to be able to tell me who is the second most scummy player at the moment in your opinion. If David was magically banished from the game right now who would you vote for and why?

@David Parker - you commented that you feel it's "pretty clear that you're not scum now". Why do you think this is?
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:52 am

Post by quadz08 »

@Thor: If I must pick someone, it'd be NS. His recent attempt at incriminating AGar seems rather forced, making him just that much scummier than others right now.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:05 am

Post by DavidParker »

Well, I've got that impression from numerous people pointing out how dumb some of my actions are for scum, ie: lying and admitting to it when people said they would lynch all liars. And the fact people reiterated their "town" impression of me, made me believe it.

With that said, I still fully see why a lynch on me is almost necessary just incase I am scum.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Wraith »

I'm seeing an awful lot of fence-sitting from everyone here, most especially AGar, Thor, NS, and silverbullet (until the latter two voted). I'm sure someone (probably DP) will bring up the fact that I sat on the fence during Day One (while I believe this is untrue), but I know who I think is scum and I've made my case and decision. Cases have been made, and most all I've seen the last page are people claiming their intentions to vote for someone.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by Wraith »

Left out another fence-sitter - quadz, although he has voted as well.

Also, on the AGar/DP scumteam theory: I can see it as a strong possibility (DP clearing AGar, AGar unvoting at L-1, AGar fence-sitting despite claiming intention to lynch DP), but I'm doubting that it's the reality.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by DavidParker »

I just fail to see any reason a scum would point out a post that almost clears a player entirely as town-aligned assuming they aren't lying and were genuinely making a newb mistake (that was the vibe the post gave). As it was shown the player in question was being genuine, I think AGaR is very trustworthy at the moment. As in keep him around until Lylo and then decide if his case is solid enough then.

As for the rest, the only other person who I think would be beneficial to see in lylo is maybe SB, (with 2 town, 1 mafia left that is), not because I find him pro-town but because I think he has posted a lot and taken sides enough a case for or against him could easily be decided. Thor's early game inactivity makes him a liability in lylo, but he's showing to be quite pro-town today, but we can't let that clear him. As for ns/quadz/wraith, well the three of you have been scummy at one point or another, and having you around for lylo is almost unavoidable. I think it's clear the doctor should protect Agar at this point, but that's just my opinion.

@Wraith: yeah, i agree others such as quadz are doing much worse in terms of fence sitting at the moment. I remember a fairly strong case against quadz yesterday that i am going to reread now.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by AGar »

Wraith wrote:I'm seeing an awful lot of fence-sitting from everyone here, most especially AGar, Thor, NS, and silverbullet (until the latter two voted).
Err, lol.

Just fucking lol.

Hmm, pretty sure I said I'm in support of a DavidParker lynch. I had a vote on him. I retracted my vote to keep him from being hammered while Thor and NS tried to catch up, then I had a plan that required DP being alive. I rescinded said plan, but then you were inactive and I felt that all parties should have a say in the days actions.

That said, we've all come to the same consensus: DavidParker needs to be lynched.

@DavidParker - I almost feel bad, because of my nagging feeling, but you know as well as anyone else, we can't have this risk running around in LYLO where we have to debate whether you are town or not.

@Town - We're going into twilight effective as of this post. So while we have time, I want everyone to post their top two suspects going into D3 if they get on before the thread lock. If not, keep them noted. Everyone should utilize the night phase to examine as many people as possible and be ready to come forth for a longer, grueling day on Day 3. We don't have obvscum on our radars. We need to get down to the nitty gritty and own some face.

That said, adios and vaya con dios, DavidParker.

VOTE: DavidParker
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”