Newbie 965 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by AGar »

Uite wrote:
mallowgeno wrote:B. If I were scum, I couldn't have strategized with my partner because night phase has occured yet.
I pointed this out before. And as he's claiming very hard he's not a newb, I'm inclined to see this as an attempt to mislead us.
He claims to not be a newb, but he's never played on this site before. Our rules are different from other sites, vastly sometimes. So I doubt that it is an attempt at misleading us. Besides, that's something that not many people would usually pick up on (this is my 11th newbie game in slightly over a year, I kinda know the rules like the back of my hand), so it wouldn't be a very good ploy to mislead off of in most cases, now would it?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by Wraith »

DavidParker wrote:Now would be a useful time to claim... Considering someone could hammer at any point.
Why should I claim? Like I said, everything I say is tainted by association, and you've already said yourself that you wouldn't believe me if I claimed VT.

But I've got nothing else to lose. Claiming VT.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by Beefster »

^AtE. Not sure it means much in a newbie game. I've seen a few newb townies use AtE in frustration.

Vote: mallowgeno

mallow appears to have been coasting and is using the pressure on him to avoid being helpful. Not necessarily scummy, but it's anti-town nonetheless. (there is a slight difference- intention)
He first gains the bulk of his suspicion with his OMGUS. Scummy.
He appears to have been cherry-picking it and has made little attempt to refute it. Scummy.
He uses WIFOM and circular reasoning in a less-than-hypothetical way. This is a huge red flag.
He's somewhat of a fence sitter and puts down a full scumlist instead of analyzing. Very anti-town.
So he's either an overly frustrated townie playing anti-town to signify giving up or he's overpressured scum ready to give up and give in. Either way, he's not helping the town win and is worthy of a lynch.

Then there's Wraith. He's not as high on my scum list, but has earned a few scum points for tunneling and fencesitting- but he partially obscures that by placing much of the town as pro-town.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by Uite »

I'm fairly sure mallowgeno makes a better lynch than Wraith, regardless of actual guilt. For one, mallow seems far scummier. He's been very dishonest, and can be linked to a lot of players. Wraith, not so much. Ultimately, I think we'll have more to go on with a mallow flip.

Regarding rules and buddy communication, there's plenty that's been said within this thread that can be interpreted as discussing strategy with a buddy.

Also, I'm finding DP's insistence on mallow's innocence suspicious. I've seen a lot of very scummy things from mallow, and presumably DP has seen the same things. And yet, his opinion is completely different. Strange.

FoS: DavidParker
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by DavidParker »

I don't see much more of value coming from today. We're just going to keep going around in cricles. I know a lot won't agree... But, it's hammer time.

"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by AGar »

Well it should be an interesting night phase, to say the least. Let's see how he flips.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

First, I'm no noob to this game. I'm a noob to this site. I'm not going to use that whole "I didn't know that scum talk before pregame" thing as evidence to support me. Let the record show that in my experience, scum found out who each other were on the first night. Therefore, if a game started with a day start, the pair wouldn't know each other. However I can see that they obviously know each other b/c of Cole's post.

Second, after Wraith claims blue, we need to lynch either me or him because we cannot out any more roles. The mafia don't need anyone else's identity.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Crap I didn't see that I was hammered. I'm sorry!

here's my "Bah" post:

In the word of Polonius, "Alas I have been slain!"
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by AGar »

You can still talk lol. We're in the phase that's known as twilight. All players who were alive before the hammer can talk up until the mod posts the night scene.
Jeffcole1 wrote: 5. Once a simple majority is reached (for either a lynch or No Lynch), the game immediately enters Twilight. This lasts until I post an End of Day scene and lock the thread. All players may continue to post during Twilight, including the player to be lynched (if any).

DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:27 pm

Post by DavidParker »

So ugh mallow.. Talk?

If you're scum, I imagine you can tell us now.. And if you're not use this time before you're lynched to reveal your suspects and things people may have missed?
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Wow. That was quick haha.

And yes, what DP said. If you are town, help us!
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:57 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

mallowgeno wrote: Second, after Wraith claims blue,

.....what??

Please answer before Mod closes the thread. This will likely drive me total bonkers.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:22 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

Well hell...

-NS
Actually, when I'm mafia, I tend to claim a power role. This usually ends with great hilarity for the other payers, as they watch me go down in a flaming total loss. Someday I'll learn.
*giggle giggle*

-DP

I don't see much more of value coming from today. We're just going to keep going around in cricles. I know a lot won't agree... But, it's hammer time.

Correct I disagree... Day 2 is bringing a world of hurt...
... People were right it seems....
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:35 am

Post by DavidParker »

Day 2 will just be so much more interesting than today.
Jeffcole1
Jeffcole1
Goon
Jeffcole1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:06 am

Post by Jeffcole1 »

Vote Count 1.10:

mallowgeno (5): quadz08, Uite, Wraith, DavidParker, Beefster

Wraith (3): mallowgeno, AGar, Nobody Special
quadz08 (1): silverbullet999

mallowgeno, Townie, Lynched Day 1

It is now Night 1. Night Actions are due by Wednesday, June 16, at 9:00 EDT.
Current Games:
--Munchkin Quest Tournament (Game A: Jeffcole1 vs. RedPanda vs. Ravel vs. animorpherv1 vs. Kcdaspot)
--Shadow Hunters
--Haunted Mansion
Jeffcole1
Jeffcole1
Goon
Jeffcole1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:40 am

Post by Jeffcole1 »

Uite, Townie, Killed Night 1

It is now Day 2. With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch. Deadline is set for Monday, July 5, at 9:00 PM EDT.
Current Games:
--Munchkin Quest Tournament (Game A: Jeffcole1 vs. RedPanda vs. Ravel vs. animorpherv1 vs. Kcdaspot)
--Shadow Hunters
--Haunted Mansion
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:00 pm

New site so pretty...

Boring death post though : P

also yay I get to wreak hell.

(I apologize in advance if I somehow strongly offend you here... my language is being kept at a minimum here).

-DP (I would do this in all caps but people get annoyed by that... just note that I am yelling at you.)
Why would you hammer mallow!? We still had many days to gather info... and while it may not have been very actiony for the moment... there was NO NEED for the hammer (the more info gathered, the better). For the moment, I just find you as a stupid impatient townie, however I'd be more than happy with a lynch of you for the moment. Also loved how you hammered just after uite fos'ed ya. Sure it's a great move for mafia to nk uite either way, but hell you just set yourself up perfectly you damned *insert bad word here*.

Alright that's all for now as it's 3 in the morning and I'm tired as hell. I won't be tunneling on DP though so expect investigations of everyone. The mob must have been threatened by uite one way or another so I'll be isoing him to see if he struck any heavy chords.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:28 pm

Post by Uite »

Bah! Good luck fellow townies!
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:10 am

Post by AGar »

silverbullet999 wrote:The mob must have been threatened by uite one way or another so I'll be isoing him to see if he struck any heavy chords.
My best guess is that he was not necessarily barking up anyone's tree, he just would have been impossible to lynch.

Also, coolest new feature of the forum?

Vote/unvote tags!

Code: Select all

[vote]AGar[/vote]

yields:

VOTE: AGar

UNVOTE: AGar

(just to make sure I'm not voting myself)

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:11 am

Post by AGar »

Oh, and one thing before I catch up on some much needed sleep - DP, without giving specifics, did you get a result last night?

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:22 am

Post by Wraith »

Finally, we're all back in business. I'm extremely disappointed with myself, though. All of that mind-numbing effort put into that analysis...to be wrong. It's just a slap in the face. :(

Hopefully we can get it right this time. At the moment my top suspects are DP and quadz.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:45 am

Also if anyone was thinking of ccing DP, nows the time.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:17 am

Post by quadz08 »

@AGar: That's officially pretty freakin' sweet.

@DP: What AGar said.

@All: As OK Go famously said: Here We Go Again. I'm bummed about Mallow, but we'll get it right toDay.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:30 am

Post by AGar »

I figure this is an opportune time for everyone to do a re-read, try and pick up on something we might have missed.

My sights are still set on Wraith right now with a small ticking suspicion towards NS that I want to re-read to confirm.

And boo, not having ISO back yet. Lol.

silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:37 am

Sort by Author and you have a weird version of it.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”