Newbie 965 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Jeffcole1
Jeffcole1
Goon
Jeffcole1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:06 am

Post by Jeffcole1 »

Vote Count 1.4:

DavidParker (2): Wraith, AGar
Nobody Special (2): mallowgeno, DavidParker
mallowgeno (1): Nobody Special

Not Voting (4): silverbullet999, quadz08, Uite, dRool89

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
Current Games:
--Munchkin Quest Tournament (Game A: Jeffcole1 vs. RedPanda vs. Ravel vs. animorpherv1 vs. Kcdaspot)
--Shadow Hunters
--Haunted Mansion
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Wraith »

@DP: I'm not sure at this point now, since you actually seem civil now. Now that the others are putting up defending arguments for you, mallow is looking a lot more scummy than you did earlier.

At first I thought mallow was just being reckless, but his arguments (especially for the OMGUS) are very weak, and his original reasoning for voting you was weak in the first place. My vote on DP was motivated originally because
DP
had been replying with weak defense, but Uite and NS have valid points. Mallow's attempt to deflect suspicion with the "only mafia give reasons for voting" is very weak, seemingly desperate.

However, I am still confused as to whether DP actually claimed cop or hypothetically claimed cop.

As for my address to mallow's "only mafia give reasons" argument, I'd have to say that both town and mafia do give reasons for voting, but scum players often slip up by overdoing it in their attempt to blend in.

Right now, the attacks on mallow have shifted by reads. I think DP MIGHT have been falsely accused (I do believe he and mallow are opposite alignments), I think mallow is scum, I think NS and AGar are town. I'm pretty certain Uite is town from all his responses. I pretty split on quadz though. I don't know what to think about his alignment.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Wraith »

Whoops, forgot to switch vote.

Unvote

Vote: mallowgeno
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:29 am

Post by Uite »

@DavidParker

I really can't decide who to vote. Mallow has suddenly gotten a lot of scumpoints, but you do still score pretty high with me. And I'm getting an either/or vibe, which I think is a bit dangerous. Also, I'm getting suspicious of AGar, who has hardly posted anything so far.

My sense of humour is telling me to vote for you based on the specific wording of your request though, but that would be silly.

@Jeffcole1

Any word on dRool89 yet? Also, I was wondering, when we started the game with one unconfirmed player, was that him?
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:33 am

Post by DavidParker »

@ Wraith, what makes you so sure mallow and I are different alignments? Just because we are the 2 most suspicious? I mean from my POV it's perfectly plausible that we are both town....

And as much as I'd like to pretend I didn't claim cop... If you go back and read you'll notice I did.

I'm also yet to really get any read from AGaR, which slightly worries me.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:48 am

Post by quadz08 »

@silver:
So basically your saying...

"Hey guys I'm scum, but I'm trying to be town, some of you see me for who I really am and I don't know how. Could you tell me how so I'll stop doing it? Kthx!"
Ummm... No. That's not what I'm saying, at all. What I'm saying is "Hey, I'm town, but apparently I'm giving scum signals. What are they, so I know how to defend myself/fix them, so people will get off my back, so we can keep the focus on people who may actually be scum?"

@NS:
@quadz: Who do you currently find scummiest?
That's an immensely difficult question. After reading through the entire game once more, though, I find mallow to be rather eager to lynch, or at least to bandwagon. I personally find bandwagons to be scummy; they give in to the mob mentality, and remove intelligent thought.
You gonna bw on DavidParker? Or do ya need some more evidence?
DP, however, is still tops on my list. His playstyle does seem to have changed, which is a positive, but I don't think he should be let off the hook so quickly. He didn't play well at all at the beginning, and was very excited to incriminate people quickly, without reason. While it is Day 1, and there's only so much we can do by reasoning, that doesn't mean that we should just not use it, as he suggests here:
Just browsing through these games, they can just be characterised by people staying as neutral as possible... Which seems to me ridiculous. People all just try analyze critically stuff when there's nothing there. The mafia game at it's core is a guessing game. You have to make guesses and have convictions, if everyone does everything just via neutrality and careful analysis, then you get no where.
Honestly, though, I'm really unsure. Much like Uite and Wraith, I'm split between DP and Mallow.

Also, I know it hasn't really been that long, but I am with Uite and DP about AGar. It's a concern that no one has a read on him.

If I have to make a vote, right now I'm keeping my suspicions on DP. It's very much an alterable thing, though.

Vote: DavidParker
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:09 am

Post by Nobody Special »

No one has a read on AGar because he's only posted twice. Much like no one has a read on dRool because he's only posted... well, none at all, actually.

@Uite: To get the Mod's attention, it's best to bold, like so:

@Mod: Any word on dRool89 yet?

quadz08 wrote:@NS:
@quadz: Who do you currently find scummiest?
That's an immensely difficult question.
I think you're making it harder than it is. I'm just asking for opinion; it's not like we're going to auto-lynch anyone you point to.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:09 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

@DP
@SB: You seem to have taken over from me in pressuring Quadz. Do you find him scummier than me?
Well I haven't really found you scummy yet... so yes.

@quadz

Ummm... No. That's not what I'm saying, at all. What I'm saying is "Hey, I'm town, but apparently I'm giving scum signals. What are they, so I know how to defend myself/fix them, so people will get off my back, so we can keep the focus on people who may actually be scum?"
So.. you want to stop acting scummy, so people will stop bothering you (seeing if you are scum) and put the focus on to other people.

Very interesting.

Vote Quadz

@mallowmar and Wraith

So you both wanted to end this day early... even though there's lots of time left to get more information... and this isn't your first game ever. Even though we still haven't heard from a player yet?
... People were right it seems....
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:14 am

Post by Wraith »

DavidParker wrote:@ Wraith, what makes you so sure mallow and I are different alignments? Just because we are the 2 most suspicious? I mean from my POV it's perfectly plausible that we are both town....

And as much as I'd like to pretend I didn't claim cop... If you go back and read you'll notice I did.

I'm also yet to really get any read from AGaR, which slightly worries me.
@DP: It's just my opinion. You two were going at it too much to just be two scum distancing yourselves from each other, and both players' responses had major scum readings. Hence, my belief that one of you is scum and the other is town.

@silver: I didn't want to end the day early. I put my vote down fairly early because DP was reading scummy to me.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:16 am

Post by quadz08 »

@silver: I'm finding it interesting that you haven't answered my question, yet still vote for me. You refute my questions, using circular logic, and provide no evidence of your suspicion.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:16 am

Post by Wraith »

Also, in all the games I've played in/hosted, the scum players don't usually go inactive Day 1, so I'm not really concerned about dRool's alignment. Scum players usually want to start getting down and dirty ASAP, because it's fun being evil (as video games show :P)
Show

quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:17 am

Post by quadz08 »

@silver: Also, if you have answered my questions and I'm missing it, please quote it for me.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:18 am

Post by Wraith »

Ha, come to think of it, I might be wrong reading AGar as town based on the one post about No Lynch statistics. He may be scum trying to subtly lead us into a mislynch.
Show

DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:32 am

Post by DavidParker »

Yeah those statistics were the one thing which gave him a "town vibe" but really, he claims to have more experience than anyone in this game, so combined with that claim I realized I had yet to have anything to get a read off.

Vote: Quadz

NS and Mallow both seem suss and I find it likely that one is probably scum, but Quadz has just managed to reconfirm all my suspicions with his last post. (And also make mallow look scummier as his potential partner)

Reasoning (Not just an OMGUS Vote - or whatever these dumb acronyms are): He seems too eager to point out scummy behavior of others. He goes on about people ignoring his questions (he did it to me when I didn't even ignore them) and just seems to be trying too hard to turn the focus away from himself and onto others.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:32 am

Post by mallowgeno »

I'm still getting used to this stupid 3 weeks/day. I'm used to 8 mins/day.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:33 am

@wraith

In most games, No Lynch Votes are a no no (I have glanced at quite a few, it just gives the mafia a free kill and then the next day occurs, so your down one townie and no better off)
@silver: I didn't want to end the day early. I put my vote down fairly early because DP was reading scummy to me.
Contradiction to earlier statement, when I asked you if you had an extra vote, would you hammer. Here's your words to that earlier question
Yeah, I'd hammer now if I had an extra vote. I'm sick of hearing him flame everyone.
@quadz
@silver: I'm finding it interesting that you haven't answered my question, yet still vote for me. You refute my questions, using circular logic, and provide no evidence of your suspicion.
I'm not yet ready to reveal any evidence I have (even if I don't have any), it could be gut for all you know and I will keep you uninformed until otherwise. Right now it seems like you are trying to push suspicion on to me now for answering a question with another question. I feel that it's fitting for me to do this simply because, if I think a person is scum, and keeps doing scummy things, why in the world should I let that person know what the person is doing that is scummy so that they can change their behavior. Unless I feel I have a solid case on you and want you dead, I'd rather keep ya in the dark.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:36 am

Post by DavidParker »

Also, just noticed that Quadz attacked SB for ignoring his question, when Quadz just did the same thing haha.
@mallowmar and Wraith

So you both wanted to end this day early... even though there's lots of time left to get more information... and this isn't your first game ever. Even though we still haven't heard from a player yet?
Care to comment, since you "ignored" it already?

And Wraith.... You as well, you are saying you "didn't want to end day phase early cause you put your vote down on me early because i was scummy", but you also said if you could you would hammer me... You seem to be contradicting yourself there.

Right now, Quadz just seems the most plausible scum. I'm voting for him over mallow because I can see possible other combinations with Quadz. (ie: Wraith/Agar as fellow scum, and my town read on uite could be completely wrong, it seems everyone has a town read on him... )
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:37 am

Post by DavidParker »

In light of some mind-blowing new discussion, I think my vote for quadz will stay.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:43 am

Post by quadz08 »

@silver

So, to summarize your post:
You don't want to say why you find me scummy.
You may not have any evidence anyway.
I'm pushing suspicion on you. (yes, I am, I'm beginning to find you suspicious. Answering a question with another question is an excellent way to
avoid answering questions
And, the kicker, your last sentence:
Unless I feel I have a solid case on you and want you dead, I'd rather keep ya in the dark.
So, you don't feel you have a solid case on me, yet you voted me?

DP:
Can you quote when I did that, please? Or give us a post number? Thanks.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:48 am

Post by DavidParker »

quadz08 wrote: And, the kicker, your last sentence:
Unless I feel I have a solid case on you and want you dead, I'd rather keep ya in the dark.
It's "scum-hunting" for a reason..

It's 6am here in Australia and I haven't slept just posting to say I'll get back to you tomorrow I think I may have confused you for mallow.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:49 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Here's my reasoning for not wanting to vote for DP anymore:
-He's not the only scum, if he is scum. There's at least one more out there.
-I see no reason to lynch an ucced cop claim. If someone else wants to cc then go for it.
-Mafia will kill him tonight most likely if there is no roleblocker. If there is a roleblocker they will block him to make him look scummier. If there is no roleblocker, he's dead tonight.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:58 am

@silver
So, to summarize your post:
You don't want to say why you find me scummy.
You may not have any evidence anyway.
I'm pushing suspicion on you. (yes, I am, I'm beginning to find you suspicious. Answering a question with another question is an excellent way to avoid answering questions.
And, the kicker, your last sentence:
Quote:

Misinterpretations are awesome

1. I don't want to say why I find you scummy yet because I don't want you to change up anything to try to avoid continuously doing that.
2. I might just be putting pressure on you to get a better read for all you know, so I may not have any initial evidence. Isn't that what scumhunting is all about?
3. You want me to explain what has made you scummy because you state yourself that you want to act less scummy. You want people to clear you as town from day 1. You want people to scumhunt others and not you. Your question is a scummy question and if I give you the truthful answer it enables you to learn and try to be more townie. Why the frack would I want scum to act more townie?

(This is like the uber noob who in the first game goes, hey everyone I'm town, Tell me if I am acting scummy so I will stop acting scummy).

4. 5 votes to lynch... I highly doubt that will occur in a quick fashion. You are so heavily affected by one vote (I think 2 now with DP) and I find that incredibly interesting. Seems like your very afraid to get lynched with 2 votes on you...
If this was lylo I would completely agree with your last point... but really? Suspicious of a vote on Day 1? Also don't understand how it's a kicker as I haven't called you outright scum and I haven't yet said I'd be super happy with a quadz lynch today.

If you are curious though, you are currently the highest on my scumdar list.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:00 am

also simulposts are cool... lol
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:39 am

Post by Nobody Special »

@SB: Here's the thing: If a player truly is scummy, even when you point out what they're doing that's perceived as scummy, and they stop that, there will be more (usually).

All we have to do is find the next scummy thing they do.

For wanting to keep his information to himself,

unvote

Vote: silverbullet999
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Wraith »

Speaking of misinterpretations, there's silver's comment on the earlier questions about the "extra vote hammer." Either you're not reading or you're digging for scumduggery, my bet's on the latter. Let's talk about that vote and that question. I initially voted DP because he was the scummiest player at the time. I said I would hammer if I had the extra vote because he was being a jerk at the time. I switched my vote because not only has DP stopped being a jerk (blatantly at least, he still jabs at people subtly, but don't we all?) but also because mallow has emerged as a scummier player. That answer your analysis?
Show

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”