Newbie 965 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:58 am

Post by mallowgeno »

@DP

Evading questions is a sign of scumminess

@SB

Yes I would
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:02 am

Post by DavidParker »

i answered your question you clown
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:09 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Jeffcole1 wrote:
As players in this game, you are expected to:

3. Be civil to your fellow players and to me; no one likes a jackass.
DavidParker, please stop.

I, for one, play this game to get away from the hatred and bigotry that exist in the real world (among other reasons).

You are not making this game at all enjoyable at this point.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:23 am

Post by Uite »

Unvote: DavidParker

I don't want to risk this day ending early.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:53 am

Post by Uite »

I'd like to add that I don't find DP's claim believable. His rage looks genuine to me, and I don't think he's an idiot, but he has been contradicting himself.

I unvoted because, considering his recent behaviour, anyone could hammer him on the basis of not wanting to play with a jerk. I really don't want that to happen. Although he's by far the most scummy looking player, I want to keep the possibility open that we've all been wrong, and that he's simply been drawing flak for the team.

@NS: I'm sorry if I seem overly pushy for people to respond quickly. That probably comes from my experience in face-to-face Mafia. If you can look someone in the eye and it takes them longer than a few seconds...

@SB: I think my unvote answered your question
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:11 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Uite wrote:@NS: I'm sorry if I seem overly pushy for people to respond quickly. That probably comes from my experience in face-to-face Mafia. If you can look someone in the eye and it takes them longer than a few seconds...
Understandable. Prior to coming here, I played on a site where the days were typically two or three real-life days. The long deadlines here took a bit of getting used to, but I find it's much more enjoyable. (Plus, it gives time to really let someone paint themselves into a corner. :twisted: )

I'm on the fence about the claim. I could see him trying to 'break' the game out of frustration, but I think we're best served by waiting a bit before speculating
too
much.
....what?

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Wraith »

Yeah, I'd hammer now if I had an extra vote. I'm sick of hearing him flame everyone.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:06 am

Post by Wraith »

Well, hammer's out of the question at this point since I believe two people have unvoted. Still, I think I'm gonna keep my vote where it is unless someone slips up, because at this point I'm not sure I care which side he's on.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:25 am

Post by DavidParker »

Oh right I'm meant to be civil. Look this game didn't go where i wanted it, and I got fed up. I guess it's partly ruined now because of my claim, but obviously if I'm not lynched, I'm going to keep playing and help the town. The fact you would hammer me because you don't like me flaming says something about you...
Jeffcole1
Jeffcole1
Goon
Jeffcole1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Jeffcole1 »

DavidParker receives a warning for posts 98 and 99. Insult the other players like that again and I will replace you.

In other news, dRool89 has been prodded.
Current Games:
--Munchkin Quest Tournament (Game A: Jeffcole1 vs. RedPanda vs. Ravel vs. animorpherv1 vs. Kcdaspot)
--Shadow Hunters
--Haunted Mansion
Jeffcole1
Jeffcole1
Goon
Jeffcole1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by Jeffcole1 »

Vote Count 1.3:

DavidParker (3): mallowgeno, Wraith, AGar
quadz08 (1): DavidParker
Nobody Special (1): silverbullet999

Not Voting (4): quadz08, Uite, dRool89, Nobody Special

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
Current Games:
--Munchkin Quest Tournament (Game A: Jeffcole1 vs. RedPanda vs. Ravel vs. animorpherv1 vs. Kcdaspot)
--Shadow Hunters
--Haunted Mansion
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

DP I want you to quote when you answer the question, because I might be overlooking it, but I don't see it.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by quadz08 »

@NS: Sorry, I was going by your designation as IC with the experience thing. And I'll keep this in mind:
I'm leery of your intimation that since I'm 'more experienced' that my opinion should hold more weight. That's a fallacy.

Also, I agree with this:
I'm on the fence about the claim. I could see him trying to 'break' the game out of frustration, but I think we're best served by waiting a bit before speculating too much.
@silver:
Why no vote on anyone? Why so much reluctance to hammer DP?

The same reason Uite unvoted; I just think it's unwise to end the day so early.

@those who see me as scummy:
Can I get an explanation for it? I'm honestly confused as to why that vibe is coming off.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:24 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

quadz08 wrote: @those who see me as scummy:
Can I get an explanation for it? I'm honestly confused as to why that vibe is coming off.
I agree completely with you quadz. I've been wanting one for some time now.

unvote

Here's my theory. One of the following will happen tonight:

1. DP gets roleblocked and someone else is killed
2. DP gets killed
3. DP stays alive and claims he got roleblocked, but he's mafia.

Therefore I'm looking elsewhere for my first lynch.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:40 am

Post by DavidParker »

Vote: Nobody Special

Hasn't really contributed all that much, and seems to be trying to fulfil his role as an IC, while sitting on the fence, which to me has come off as scummy.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:58 am

Post by Nobody Special »

mallowgeno wrote:Quadz are you still on?
This, coupled with this:
mallowgeno wrote:
quadz08 wrote: @those who see me as scummy:
I agree completely with you quadz. I've been wanting one for some time now.
...leads me to think there could be a connection between you and quadz.

Just a note for later.

@DP: Are there any specific concerns I can address for you?
....what?

silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:25 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

[bold] Unvote [/bold]

@mallow and wraith
How many games have you played so far (in total, not just in these forums)

@quadz
So basically your saying...

"Hey guys I'm scum, but I'm trying to be town, some of you see me for who I really am and I don't know how. Could you tell me how so I'll stop doing it? Kthx!"

(I give all rights to above statement to Thor, this way he doesn't sue me for copyright infringement).

@DP
I found your insults to be rather humorous in way but yeah, there's a line and you can get a little insulting, but don't overcross it. Don't worry though I got warned in my first game as well... though mine was a bit different.

Vote to follow after I get some replies.
... People were right it seems....
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:26 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

Unvote

Whoops[/b]
... People were right it seems....
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:35 am

Post by DavidParker »

Yeah, I calmed down now as NS suggested. On to scum hunting.

@NS: You mentioned you found me the scummiest, if I were to be lynched and revealed as town, (assuming you are town), who would you believe most likely to be mafia? You mentioned this pairing of quadz and mallow, would you suspect them?

@SB: You seem to have taken over from me in pressuring Quadz. Do you find him scummier than me?

I still find him scummy and will stick by that, but as people have made me realize, I think it's largely on the impression I got from him, and not something to base solely voting on him for. Although, sometimes on Day 1 an impression is the best thing you can go on. Also, that quote basically sums up a lot of my impressions of quadz :/

@mallow: You say you are looking elsewhere for your first lynch, yet you end there. You don't suggest anyone, or pressure anyone else.. It's almost as if you are waiting for someone else to start a new lynch (Like you could say I may have just done on NS). Why didn't you make accusations or start 'scum-hunting' when you say you believe we should be looking elsewhere (from me) for our first lynch.. You don't seem very keen to help town when you merely say that then do not act upon it.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:48 am

Post by Nobody Special »

DavidParker wrote:@NS: You mentioned you found me the scummiest, if I were to be lynched and revealed as town, (assuming you are town), who would you believe most likely to be mafia? You mentioned this pairing of quadz and mallow, would you suspect them?
My current suspects are, in fact, quadz and mallow. I think, on reflection, you're not so much scummy; I think more new to the site and the way we do things here.
DavidParker wrote:@mallow: You say you are looking elsewhere for your first lynch, yet you end there. You don't suggest anyone, or pressure anyone else.. It's almost as if you are waiting for someone else to start a new lynch (Like you could say I may have just done on NS). Why didn't you make accusations or start 'scum-hunting' when you say you believe we should be looking elsewhere (from me) for our first lynch.. You don't seem very keen to help town when you merely say that then do not act upon it.
This is an excellent point, and I'm a bit upset with myself for not noticing it.

@mallow: Who do you currently find scummiest?

@quadz: Who do you currently find scummiest?

Vote: mallow
....what?

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:49 am

Post by Wraith »

@silver: About three or four that I've played, I believe.
Show

mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:53 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Mk

@ SB
I don't know how many. I've played lots on this other site in real time, at least 200.

@ DP
I was going to start on NS, but then I had to leave for school

@ NS
You seem pretty eager to get the attention off of you.
"This is an excellent point, and I'm a bit upset with myself for not noticing it."
followed by a vote on me.
I'm finding you to be pretty scummy atm. I guess I must assume for now that DP is a legit cop therefore he made an excellent point in saying that you WERE focusing more on IC duties then the game. After that post, you seem pretty nervous now and once again, reflecting the attention off of yourself.

Vote: NobodySpecial
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Uite »

Looking back and reading mallow's posts really doesn't put him in a good light. Some observations:

• He tried to quicklynch a (suggested) possible cop. Before the emotional outburst.
• He seems to buddy up to quadz, and appears to know something about his alignment.
• His three possible scenarios for tonight seem to assume there's a roleblocker.

My thoughts on the above observations:

• Trying to work someone out of the game on page 2 a mere 27 hours after it opened? Very scummy.
• The posts aimed at quadz seem almost conversational, while his other posts look much more like someone playing the game. I'm definitely sensing a link. Whether it is only a result of fate or just mallow's style, I dare not say yet.
• He appears to know something about people's alignment. There's only one possible way that can be true.

Also this quote (and this was when the heat was entirely on DP):
mallowgeno wrote:Scum actually GIVE REASONS for why they suspect someone. They don't just say "oh I fos mallowgeno/quadz"
WTF? In my experience, it's the other way around!
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:25 am

Post by Nobody Special »

mallowgeno wrote:@ NS
You seem pretty eager to get the attention off of you.
"This is an excellent point, and I'm a bit upset with myself for not noticing it."
followed by a vote on me.
I'm finding you to be pretty scummy atm. I guess I must assume for now that DP is a legit cop therefore he made an excellent point in saying that you WERE focusing more on IC duties then the game. After that post, you seem pretty nervous now and once again, reflecting the attention off of yourself.
I'm not necessarily trying to get attention off of me so much as I'm trying to find someone who deserves attention. And, at the moment, that happens to be you.

(Nice OMGUS vote, btw.)
....what?

DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:41 am

Post by DavidParker »

Would be good if our other SE player could be here. For all we know he could be scum and we are barking up the wrong tree with this mallow/quadz combo. To me, it seems either mallow or NS is mafia. Right now, I'm not sure who is more suspicious. However, my initial read on mallow was a town-read simply because he was so insistent on my lynch initially (knowing I'm a town, if he's mafia). Leading a mislynch is quite risky play for mafia, although there was plenty of reasons to justify my lynch...

I don't like this position now. Mallow suddenly jumped onto my radar with this weak "I had to leave for school" excuse, then claimed he was going to jump on the exact person I did.

Personally, I would like a vote from quadz and uite. (And this lurker SE)

@Wraith: If you could decide who was lynched today would you still choose me? You said you would hammer if you had another vote before.

@Mellow: You went awfully quickly from saying "I would hammer DP if I could" to "We should be looking elsewhere for our first lynch".. There was no "breaking information" between your posts (Post 100 then Post 113). Why the sudden unexplained change of mind within a couple of hours?

My town read on you flew to pieces simply because you gave up trying to lynch me so suddenly with very little reason.

Anyways, I as much as I like quick days (I'm used to 1-2 day, dayphases, we really need to keep day 1 alive since a player hasn't even posted yet)

At the moment I find both NS and Mellow scummy. I think we can't make the mistake we did at the start and focus all our pressure on one person so I will leave my vote on NS, and see how other players read the situation.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”