Newbie 965 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

Ah all is well now, anyways
Vote: NobodySpecial
as well

cause he was scum last game and I called it! (Though he NKed me :( )

Also this is my second game
... People were right it seems....
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:58 pm

Oh... questions... well ummm

1. Where you from? Look under my wolf avatar
2. Coke or Pepsi? Either
3. Are you nervous? No
4. Whats your playstyle?And if you've never played before what would you do in a panicky situation? I don't know how to classify that
5. Are you excited to play? sure
6. Lynch all lurkers? Depends on situation
7. Lynch all Liars? same as above

Also Uite Shame on you for trying to end RVS so early that makes me sad.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:14 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Hey -- the party started without me!

Hi, everyone!

I'm your friendly neighborhood Inexperienced Challenged player, or IC for short.

What that means, basically, is that I'm here to help guide you through the mystery that is MafiaScum.net.

If you have any questions about how we play here, feel free to ask me. My actions are governed by this article in our Wiki. If you haven't already, you might consider browsing our Wiki; especially the articles Newbie Guide and Commonly Used Abbreviations.

Regardless of my role in this game, I won't mislead you about theory or proper gameplay. My role as an IC comes before my role in this game (and they're separate), so at times, you may see me putting my
IC Hat On
and then taking my
IC Hat Off

Because of my severe dislike of the RVS (you
did
read the Common Abbreviations, didn't you? I'll wait.) I like to start off with RQS; the Random Question Stage! (Or, that is, I do, when I get there first.)

My answers:

1. Where you from?
I'm currently near LA.

2. Coke or Pepsi?
Coke, all the way!

3. Are you nervous?
Well, I just got this phone call, and... Oh! You meant in the game? Heh. Of course not.

4. Whats your playstyle?And if you've never played before what would you do in a panicky situation?
My playstyle is hard to define. Ask anyone. It's like.... strawberry-flavored lasagne. Very hard to imagine, and impossible to appreciate without experiencing it.

5. Are you excited to play?
I can't get enough. One could say I'm addicted.

6. Lynch all lurkers?
Generally, yes.

7. Lynch all Liars?
Lynching's too good for liars. Can we ... oh, wait. It's only a game.

@SB: Hi!

@Wraith: Did you know that you can also use an avatar from the internet? I use Google Image Search; you can select Icon-size or exact pixel dimensions, choose your color, search by keywords. It's powerful. (I tend to change my icon more often that I should, so I speak from experience.)

Vote: quadz08
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:25 pm

Post by Uite »

mallowgeno wrote:@ Uite

Are you gonna answer your own questions?
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to ask me that. :)

So here are my answers:

1. I'm from the Netherlands
2. Coke, but I also really like a cold glass of plain water.
3. A little, I'm wondering if my playstyle is any good here.
4. Until now I've only played face-to-face Mafia, where my style is fairly agressive, but I tend to make decisions based on body language and tone of voice, which doesn't really work here. Also, I tend to explain myself a lot, because I'm used to being the veteran in a large group of newbies.
5. Very, I love Mafia and I'm curious how the forum game compares to the real life game.
6. Generally yes, if you're actively lurking you probably have something to hide. But if it's obvious it's because of RL stuff i'm more lenient.
7. Again, generally yes. Lying creates confusion, and confusion is bad for town. Cops and Doctors may sometimes have to lie to protect themselves, but that should usually be avoided.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:37 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Apparently lurking is bad, so since I'm here reading the thread, I'll post my latest thoughts and hope activity will increase.

The one player who has given me a "scummy" vibe. His "FoS" on me following another player made it seem as if he's trying too hard to fit in and blend with the town. Obviously, I'm acting like an arrogant jackass and will have attention on me. Hey, get some discussion started, even if it's about how much of an ass I am. He just seemed to deal with this in a scummy kind of way.

Also, I am getting a town feel from silverbullet but I think that's just because of his posting style...
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:41 am

Post by mallowgeno »

DavidParker wrote:Apparently lurking is bad, so since I'm here reading the thread, I'll post my latest thoughts and hope activity will increase.

The one player who has given me a "scummy" vibe. His "FoS" on me following another player made it seem as if he's trying too hard to fit in and blend with the town. Obviously, I'm acting like an arrogant jackass and will have attention on me. Hey, get some discussion started, even if it's about how much of an ass I am. He just seemed to deal with this in a scummy kind of way.

Also, I am getting a town feel from silverbullet but I think that's just because of his posting style...
Lol! You're such a hypocrite! You say that he followed his fos on you because I voted for you. But now you're voting for quadz after Silver just did!

Vote DavidParker
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:46 am

Post by mallowgeno »

DavidParker wrote:
mallowgeno wrote:
Wraith wrote:NobodySpecial is obviously trying to hide something.

Vote: NobodySpecial

I've played a couple-three games off-site, hosted a few more. I'm still not that good at playing yet.
What the heck do you mean by NobodySpecial is trying to hide something? He hasn't even posted yet.

Fos Wraith
Well, we've found our first town idiot.

He's playing at the player's username... It's a random vote.. Just like I could have voted for Uite for having the shortest name..
I think you need to chill out. This is my first game here so don't make it torture for me. You need to read: As players in this game, you are expected to: Rule #3
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:01 am

Post by Uite »

There's definitely something wrong with your style there, DP. If anything, I trust you even less now.

vote: DavidParker
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:47 am

Post by DavidParker »

I didn't reveal who I found most suspicious until I saw someone else agreed (unless it was a random vote).. Why? Because I was hoping he would further confirm my suspicions by acting even scummier. I assumed by voting for him that implied Nobody Special found him suspicious as well.

Regardless, I put a second vote on someone.. So what? The first was an unexplained random vote.. Or a vote based on suspicions that weren't explained, I decided to go on that and vote as well and explain why I found him fishy. It's just the vibe I got. Which is all I have to go on at the moment, and the discussion being created.

If I had to take a guess right now I'd guess that Nobody Special is mafia with quadz. Obviously, that's a huge longshot, but that's the best longshot I see at the moment.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:49 am

Post by DavidParker »

Like me or not, I will find the mafia.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:44 am

Post by Uite »

Look, my reasoning is simple. Ever since your first post (“strongest townie”, now “I will find the mafia”) you've been hinting that you're the cop, which may or may not be true. There might not even be a cop in this game (50% chance). On the other hand, as two of our players haven't posted yet, it's possible everyone who has said anything up till now is town. Bottom line, we can't really know anything just yet.

The way I see it there are three possibilities:

1:
You're truthful and are genuinely trying to help us. If that is the case, you're probably counting on the doctor to protect you, which is a bad gamble because we don't know if there is one (also 50% chance).
2:
You're a townie trying to get the mafia's attention in order to be nightkilled, making the mafia essentially waste a night by not killing a PR. Risky, because the deceit makes you look scummy.
3:
You're scum, trying to set up a roleclaim later in the game. My comment about deceit applies here as well, only now it's justified.

Weighing those options, coupled with your arrogant posturing and defensive/retaliatory stance, makes me lean towards the latter of the three.

Or I could be completely wrong and be overanalysing a collection of poorly thought out comments. In that case I'd like to warn you that you can't win the game by yourself and you need other people's support to achieve whatever you want to achieve.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:03 am

Post by Wraith »

Yay, got an avatar. Didn't know you could use advanced search to find specific sizes, so thanks NS. For that, retract randomvote.

Unvote

Also, I personally would like to know mallowgeno's reasoning for voting for DavidParker (the first time), or was that first time just a randomvote?
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:07 am

Post by Wraith »

Also, y'all are awful twitchy. We
have
had three FoS already, so why are you getting a scumdar alert from quadz based on two posts?
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:55 am

-NS
*grumble grumble*.... hello nobody.... *grumble grumble*

-Mallomar
Lol! You're such a hypocrite! You say that he followed his fos on you because I voted for you. But now you're voting for quadz after Silver just did!
After I just did?
I think you need to chill out. This is my first game here so don't make it torture for me. You need to read: As players in this game, you are expected to: Rule #3
I hate to say it but, if you are that easily offended, you may not enjoy this game much. Lots of crazy stuff happens in a game and it's fun as hell, but accusations/attacks will occur.

-Uite
Play nice with david, to me you two are both trying to lead, which is great, but don't fight to lead, work together.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:33 am

Post by Uite »

All right, I'll go a bit easier on DP. I still don't really trust him, so until a good reason comes up to change my vote, it's still on DP.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:18 am

Post by quadz08 »

@NS:

Could you explain why you voted me? You had no explanation of that whatsoever, so I'm a little confused (understandably, I think.)

@DP:

I honestly feel like your posting style is unhelpful. If you're not mafia, then you will be of very little help to the town. You're quite sure of yourself, and I can't imagine that that's a positive characteristic in a game like this. I FoS'd you because I don't think that voting this early in the game is terribly productive. And as to the timing of the post, it was 4 posts after Uite's FoS, one of which was a post from you (which served as the main impetus for my FoS, in fact.)
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:23 am

Post by mallowgeno »

silverbullet999 wrote:-NS
*grumble grumble*.... hello nobody.... *grumble grumble*

-Mallomar
After I just did?
I hate to say it but, if you are that easily offended, you may not enjoy this game much. Lots of crazy stuff happens in a game and it's fun as hell, but accusations/attacks will occur.

-Uite
Play nice with david, to me you two are both trying to lead, which is great, but don't fight to lead, work together.
@I hate to say it but...

Attacking someone for no good reason IS something to get your panties in a bunch.

Getting back to the game...

I would like to point out that David is stating pointless statements such as this one:
DavidParker wrote:Like me or not, I will find the mafia.
I've played on another site with real-time mafia. This seems scummy to me.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:24 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Quadz are you still on?
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:26 am

Post by mallowgeno »

@ DavidParker

How can you get a town feel for someone from just one post?

Quote:
"Also, I am getting a town feel from silverbullet but I think that's just because of his posting style... "
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:29 am

Post by quadz08 »

Yes, I am.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:30 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Wraith wrote:
Also, I personally would like to know mallowgeno's reasoning for voting for DavidParker (the first time), or was that first time just a randomvote?
Sorry I didn't see this before and I don't know if I'm allowed to post this many times in a row so sorry. My first voted was just a random vote. I unvoted because I was thinking of changing it to you. Then I decided to stick with my gut, and because Uite brought up some valid points.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:31 am

Post by mallowgeno »

You gonna bw on DavidParker? Or do ya need some more evidence?
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:34 am

Post by quadz08 »

bw?
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:40 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Band Wagon. Jump on board for voting David Parker
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:45 am

Post by quadz08 »

Ah, alright. No, I'm not ready to put a third vote on somebody this early in the day; for now, I'll let mallow and Uite's votes speak for me.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”