Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Fate »

Jason refuses to take a hard stance on this issue like Deer.

"No I don't believe you are the bomb"
"But were you lying? Are you the bomb? IF yes, Then Deer is your scumbuddy/"
No, I dont beleive you are the bomb... But I can see it being used as an excuse not to hammer. Especially by scum.. And this does make me see Deer as scum
So, if I'm reading you right, Deerbuddy is using my bomb fakeclaim as an excuse not to hammer me?

Then why was he fine with someone else hammering me? (Raider I believe it was?)

But I guess you're gone now *sigh* Anyone else want to come try and convince me why Deer shouldn't be lynched today for that claim?
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Fate wrote:What's the scum motivation for claiming bomb again?
To scare people away from hammering you....which is what happened actually. I'm pretty sure I've already said this. I've seen it before as well, so you're not even original if your'e scum.
Fate wrote:The fact that neither of them want to hear my realclaim and just lynch me quickstyle just makes me *Facepalm*
Actually you were asked for your real claim and you refused, saying only that you weren't the bomb and such. But I guess it doesn't much matter since I didn't really believe your claim in the first place.
jason wrote:Camn speculating on self imposed role restrictions.... not sure on this, I actually am thinking Jebus may have been gagged.
What do you mean by gagged?

Page 16 of bickering made my head hurt. I'm glad to see Jason posting more now and that makes me feel better about him at the moment. Fate's insistence seems townish as well unfortunately. Let's just lynch deer and if it fails we'll deal with the consequences tomorrow (and I'll say I told you so if he is indeed town and we waste a lynch).

I'm ready to hammer unless anyone wants to hear anything else.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by SensFan »

HAMMERHAMMERHAMMER
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:14 pm

Post by Deer »

I'm lynchable, it's just a one-shot lynch prevention. That I'm using as of right now. I'm Lt. Daniels, by the way. If you want to test it, it's cool, but you're wasting a lynch.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

now it's a one-shot...if you guys are town I really hope you learn from this game that lying about your role looks REALLY bad.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by SensFan »

Why the fuck have all 3 people that have claimed today later admitted that they lied about their claim?

On the subject of Deer specifically:
*Why in the world would you bother telling us you only have 1-shot prevention, at this point? The only reason I can come up with is that you want us to think "Oh, lets not waste it if you only have 1-shot!"
*What happens when you hit a majority number of votes?
*Why in the name of God would a Town role actually be 1-shot lynch immune?
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

I didn't lie, I just read something wrong, and corrected it a little later.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by SensFan »

Says you.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Urgh, cant sleep.

but to answer your question, VP...I'm not sure of the role, but I believe there is a role were someone can choose someone to restrict what they can do... in essence gagging them.. looking back over Jebus's postings in ISO the only time he has actually posted any words is to vote... and that fits in with the role I am thinking about... however, I have never heard of it done on day 1.

Actually, looking it up its called Mafia silancer and this is the discription
wiki wrote:* Mafia Team Variant Roles—"Silencer", "Yakuza", etc.

The "Silencer" can 'silence' anyone each day (except whoever was silenced yesterday). The silenced individual wakes in the morning and is immediately instructed not to talk until the end of the day (They may vote and be executed though). The Silencer does not participate in the mafia killing, and the mafia do not know who their silencer is, but he is typically aligned with them and knows their identities. The Yakuza is a regular mafia player with an extra power: they may sacrifice themselves from the second night (during the night) and choose an innocent to join the mafia team.[41]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_%28party_game%29

This fits perfectly as to what is going on with Jebus, hence I believe he may have been gagged.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

I've seen the Yakuza on EM, but without the silencing.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

VP Baltar wrote:
Fate wrote:What's the scum motivation for claiming bomb again?
To scare people away from hammering you....which is what happened actually. I'm pretty sure I've already said this. I've seen it before as well, so you're not even original if your'e scum.
THIS is exactly what I meant by fear claim from Fate.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

animorpherv1 wrote:I've seen the Yakuza on EM, but without the silencing.
They are two seperate roles. Wiki just listed them together as Variant Roles, if you look at the link... it lists all same types of roles together.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by raider8169 »

I dont buy that scum would have even a one shot unlynchable. Its day one and we have 3 claims already. Sorry for the short post, Im a little tired.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Fate Post 391 wrote:Sotty is also content with my lynch due to meta.... (a FALSE meta at that, since the game she is referring to I was lynched in abstenia, and the OTHER game I was with her in I made crazy posts as TOWN). Her "if he was my buddy I'd bus him" claim is just pure WIFOM.
No try again please. I am “content” with your lynch due to super scummy pushing for a claim on someone you “believed” was a power role. The meta of you posting crazy and coming with theories outta your ass links with it. But I wouldn't be voting you just on meta. I've learned that lesson thank you.

Is the other game you are talking about the one were you replaced in when I was scum with Thesp? I don't remember your posts as “crazy” but I did coast a lot of that game. I will look back.
Fate Post 391 wrote:The fact that neither of them want to hear my realclaim and just lynch me quickstyle just makes me *Facepalm* because I'm pretty sure they BOTH aren't scum. Oh and CDB is no better either. 
Prettttttty sure I have asked you for your real claim and you did claim your name and stated you weren't a bomb. To me that's a claim. If you have more, then spill.
Fate Post 394 wrote:Also claiming BOMB is not to make people afraid to hammer. Since Sotty and the like thought I was obvscum why didn't they just hammer it knowing that I was probably lying? They were afraid because of the very high chance I was town.
Bullshit. Please show me any post where I am afraid to hammer you or a post where I even believe your bomb claim.
Fate Post 394 wrote:Everyone wanting to lynch me today instead of Deer, because "zomglol Fate is so obvscum" are so arrogant they are ignoring the CORRECT PLAY, and D2 everyone will go "WALP Fate wuz town! oopz. NOW lets lynch Deer." Scum are going to win this game with this mindset.
Arrogant? There is no clear correct play that I see. Out of you and Deer I think you are much more likely to flip scum.

Also a scum fake bomb claim is perfect in a game where no one is VT. Everyone thinks their role is super awesome and will help the town. A hyposcum claiming bomb at the peak of his lynch-1 wagon has NOTHING to lose and EVERYTHING to gain. Just look at how quickly your wagon fizzled out. You rolled the dice and gambled that there would be someone out there that wouldn't want to hammer and lose their role. I can certainly see a scum motivation for a fake bomb claim for sure. This is why I wasn't sure about Deer's reaction earlier. But I do agree he doesn't look good by saying “Fate is town” while not pushing else where. That has nothing to do with your fake claim.

Okay damn, VP says this again in post 401 but I prefer my explanation.

= = = = =
jasonT1981 Post 392 wrote:hmmm Jebus post restricted? I am beginning to think this however his post 198 actually makes me think he has been gagged and can only post votes given his mouth taped up picture.
Gagged suggests an action and we haven't had a night. I suppose it could be a day power, but I'm not really buying it at this point.

Also most of this post is just telling us what happened and not your opinion of what happened. An example of that would be “
VP 203 is giving me more town vibes from him
” You need to actually explain why.

Can I also get your opinion on Raider and CDB because you failed to talk about any of their posts in there.

= = = = = =
VP Baltar Post 401 wrote:Page 16 of bickering made my head hurt. I'm glad to see Jason posting more now and that makes me feel better about him at the moment. Fate's insistence seems townish as well unfortunately. Let's just lynch deer and if it fails we'll deal with the consequences tomorrow (and I'll say I told you so if he is indeed town and we waste a lynch).
Ehh, it's going to take more than posting on one night to make me feel better about jason. At least he is around anyway.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

raider8169 wrote:I dont buy that scum would have even a one shot unlynchable. Its day one and we have 3 claims already. Sorry for the short post, Im a little tired.
A scum unlynchable, even a one shot completly of defeats the purpose of mafiascum games though, were the town goal is to lynch scum... which is why I am not buying Deers claim.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

raider8169 Post 412 wrote:I dont buy that scum would have even a one shot unlynchable.
Why not?
raider8169 Post 412 wrote:Its day one and we have 3 claims already.
And?
raider8169 Post 412 wrote:Sorry for the short post, Im a little tired.
I'm looking forward to some actual contribution from you. It has been very sparse.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by camn »

Dear everyone:

Please
start playing your roles better.
Please.

Deer: If you are telling the truth (which I doubt).. why did you bother telling us you were 1-shot? Now we have to lynch you twice.
If you would have kept your mouth shut, you could have commanded a scum nightkill... which should be the true goal of every vanilla townie.
Hopefully, if you ARE town, you are actually double-lying, and are actually truly unlynchable. Then if scum try to mislynch you in Lylo, they will fail.
Actually, nevermind. You are scum. Your play re: fate exposed it. Your claim isn't credible. and we have nothing to lose by hanging you.

Fate.. if you WERE a bomb, you misplayed it. But you aren't.. and I actually am NOT a lynch-all-liars fan. I believe you lied, and I think it was a clever pay as town. (or scum). as long as you don't get too scummy, you have a townread from me.

Someone hammer Deer, please. This day exhausts me.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:15 pm

Post by Jebus »

Deer wrote:I'm lynchable, it's just a one-shot lynch prevention. That I'm using as of right now. I'm Lt. Daniels, by the way. If you want to test it, it's cool, but you're wasting a lynch.
Unvote: Fate

Vote: Deer
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by camn »

Calling the bluff!
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Day 1 Final Vote Count
Deer (7) -
raider8169, SensFan, camn, Locke Lamora, animorpherv1, Fate, Jebus

Fate (3) -
ChannelDelibird, Sotty7, VP Baltar

SensFan (1) -
jasonT1981

raider8169 (1) -
Deer

7 votes needed for lynch. 6 votes needed for No Lynch.

The Episode has ended. As per the rules, Twilight should last for 6 hours, but due to me wanting to get some sleep, today will end approximately 3.5 hours from this post. Mod guarantee that this has no effect on gameplay. During Twilight, everyone may post as normal.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by Fate »

Why is me being town unfortunate VP? Am I really that terrible?

I thought my bomb claim was reaction fishing gold, but hey I guess I'm just biased.

SEE YA TMORRAH
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Post by Deer »

Hey you guyz ready for a NL?!?! It's comin'!
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:49 pm

Post by Fate »

I'm waiting for you to say bah go scum myself.

If you're somehow town want to explain why you tipped your hand and claimed 1shkt unlynchable? Now someone useful is going to die tonight
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:04 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Episode 1 - Scene 2

Assistant State's Attorney Rhonda Pearlman stormed down the stairs and into the dank basement that the Major Case Squad had been set up in. "Lieutenant Daniels!" she shouted.

Daniels came out of his office. He waved the squad over. "Detectives, meet Attorney Rhonda Pearlman. She's heading up the prosectution for our Barksdale cases."

"Not with shit warrants like this, Cedric. Your officers seem to be entirely unable to type. Or spell. Or be coherent in any way."

"You're really having a problem with the warrants?"

"Yes, Cedric, I am. We're trying to make warrants that judges will actually sign off on. If I bring these things in, I'll get laughed out of chambers."

Herc whispered over to Carver. "So, we actually have to
write up
the warrants now? Alls I want to do is bust some heads."

"Shut up, Herc," Carver replied

"We're just getting set up, Rhonda," Daniels pleaded. "I mean, just look at where they put us up. We'll have good warrants for you soon."

"How soon are we talking?"

"Give us 24 hours. Even if I have to get these fuck-ups to stay with it all night."

"Fuck!" Prez complained. The other detectives mumbled angrily to each other.

"Well, the sooner we get these warrants in, the sooner we can start pulling these guys in." Rhonda picked up her briefcase and walked out. McNulty caught her eye as she was leaving, a wide smile on his face.

Daniels turned back to his crew. "Well, you heard the lady. Let's get working."

Episode 1 has ended with
No Lynch
. All players with night abilities have 72 hours to get their choices into me. (Actually, due to me-getting-sleep issues, let's make it 71 hours from this post please.)
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Important Role PM clarification. The Investigate ability now reads as follows
Investigator Role PM wrote:Investigate - Each night, you may PM the mod the name of a player you'd like to investigate. If that player is the Snitch, that player will give up the name of any members of the Barksdale Crew that he knows of. If for any reason you fail to target the Snitch, you will receive "No Result". You may only target each player in this manner once.
Last edited by MacavityLock on Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”