Post by MacavityLock »

Status
Game Over!

Day 4 Final Vote Count
ChannelDelibird (4) -
Sotty7, Deer, camn, SensFan

Not Voting (3) -
ChannelDelibird, Locke Lamora, raider8169

4 votes needed for lynch. 4 votes needed for No Lynch.

Players
Alive (6)
:
camn -
Polk - Mason
survived to endgame.
Deer -
Daniels - 1 shot Lynch Preventer
survived to endgame.
Locke Lamora -
Greggs - Investigator/Bodyguard
survived to endgame.
raider8169 -
Prez - Investigator
survived to endgame.
SensFan -
Mahon - Mason
survived to endgame.
Sotty7 -
Santangelo - Investigator
survived to endgame.

Dead (6):
VP Baltar -
Bubbs - Snitch/Survivor
was removed from the game over Night 1.
jasonT1981 -
Wee-bey - Barksdale Goon
was removed from the game during Episode 2.
animorpherv1 -
Carver - Investigator
was removed from the game over Night 2.
Jebus -
Stringer - Barksdale Roleblocker
was removed from the game during Episode 3.
Fate -
Freamon - Wiretapper
was removed from the game over Night 3.
ChannelDelibird -
Avon - Barksdale Godfather/1-shot Rolecop
was removed from the game during Episode 4.

Backup Mod: Faraday
Last edited by MacavityLock on Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 2:01 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

The Rules

General
  • The site-wide rules apply.
  • Once you're dead (which is when your role abilities has been posted), you are allowed a single "Bah!" post, which may contain no game-relevant information.
  • I will attempt to respond to all communication either from PM or a post containing
    @mod
  • You may never quote anything you received as PM from me. You may never pretend to quote anything receive as PM from me. You may never quote anything you pretend to receive as PM from me.
  • If you think the rules have holes, please let me know. If you exploit such a hole before bringing it to my attention, expect to be mod-killed.
  • Mod-kills will be resolved in such a manner as I deem fit that is disadvantageous to the win condition of the mod-killee, and the mod-killee will immediately have their win condition changed to that of a Survivor.
  • If you have any questions, about the rules or whatever, please PM me or the backup mod.

Voting
  • A proper vote must be bolded, include the word "vote" and something that I can trace back to one of the players. This may be the whole name or an abbreviation. Please make sure that I understand whom you mean to vote for. Otherwise, your vote won't count.
  • I will not tolerate vote shenanigans, e.g. not bolding a vote to attempt to trap people, etc.
  • Unvotes are necessary, and a vote will stay on a given player and not move without an unvote.

Lynches
  • Before deadline, a majority of votes (50% + 1, rounded down) is required for a lynch to occur.
  • A No Lynch can be voted for like lynching any player. A No Lynch will be reached at a plurality of votes (50%, rounded up).
  • Once a lynch or No Lynch has occurred, it is irrevocable and no more votes or unvotes will count during that day.
  • At deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched as long as that number of votes is greater than 1. No Lynch can also be deadlined in this manner. In the case of ties, the player who reached that maximum vote count first will be lynched.
  • The period when a lynch or No Lynch has occurred but the thread has not been locked is known as Twilight. Posting is allowed during this period. Twilight will end after 6 hours or when I am available to lock the thread, whichever is later.

Deadlines
  • To start, all game days will have a deadline of 3 weeks, with an additional week guaranteed to be added upon request of at least two players. Once there are 4 or fewer players in the game, the day will have a deadline of 2 weeks.
  • Additional deadline extensions will only be available in the case of extraordinary circumstances. Extraordinary circumstances are based on my judgment alone, but can be requested by players in thread.
  • Nights will be deadlined to 72 hours. If you have a compulsive action and do not send me a message stating how it's to be used, it will be randomized.

Participation
  • I expect each of you to post at least once every three days.
  • I will prod you if you don't. This will be announced in thread by me and you will have to answer the prod by posting in thread.
  • If prods are not answered or if I have to prod you repeatedly, I will replace you.
  • If no replacements can be found in a reasonable time, I will have to mod-kill you.

Game-Specific Rules
  • Unless otherwise stated, every player may only use
    one
    night action per night. This includes group actions
    submitted by the player
  • Group Abilities: Anything listed in the role PM with the “Group” modifier is considered a Group ability. Any one member of the group may take this action.
  • Group Choices: All group choices are to be submitted in a PM to me.
    The member that submits the night choice is the one who will carry it out
    . If I receive multiple conflicting PMs from Group members, only the last one will apply, but it's probably worth double-checking, as I can make mistakes.
  • Group Types
    • Trusted: All members are confirmed to have the same win condition.
    • Untrusted: There is no guarantee that members will have the same win condition.
  • Group Talk: All groups can talk at night and will do so in a QuickTopic thread I provide. This includes Night 0.
  • Ability Choices: If a player happens to submit more night actions than he is allowed to, only the last ability submitted will apply.
  • Reveal: Upon death, I will post the set of abilities of the dead player, including group memberships, excluding group details i.e. other members and group abilities. The first post will only contain their role character and a catchy role name. While alive, players don't know their catchy role name.
  • Flavor: All flavor in this game is just that: flavor. It has
    no game relevance
    . A character’s presence in a Day opening or closing scene is not an indication of their existence or non-existence in this game. A player’s flavor of being removed from the game will also be purely flavor and is not an indication of the mechanics in which they were removed from the game. Specifically, lynches as you are used to them will not flavored as lynches, and kills as you are used to them may or may not be flavored as kills.
  • Investigator and Snitch: At least 2 players on the Major Case Squad team have the following ability:
    Investigator Role PM wrote:Investigate - Each night, you may PM the mod the name of a player you'd like to investigate. If that player is the Snitch, that player will give up the name of any members of the Barksdale Crew that he knows of. If for any reason you fail to target the Snitch, you will receive "No Result". You may only target each player in this manner once.
    One player has the following ability:
    Snitch Role PM wrote:Snitch – If you are ever targeted by the Investigate ability, the player that targeted you will learn the role name and player name of any Barksdale Crew members that you know. If you are targeted by the Investigate ability, you will learn that you’ve been targeted, but not by who.
  • Vanillas: There are no pure vanilla roles in this game.
  • Night actions will resolve via Natural Action Resolution

Victory Conditions
  • Major Case Squad: You are on the side of the Major Case Squad. You win when all “Dangerous” players have been removed from the game.
  • Barksdale Crew: As a member of the Barksdale Crew, you win when the members of your group make up 50% or more of the players in the game. This is considered a “Dangerous” win condition.
  • There may be other win conditions in this game.
  • If the same set of players remain in the game for 3 cycles of day and night, a stalemate will result. In a stalemate, no one has achieved their win condition, so everyone loses. ("There is no tying in baseball.")
Last edited by MacavityLock on Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Episode 1 - Scene 1

“C’mon into the chambers, Jimmy” Judge Phelan said with a wry smile. “What is it you want to talk about?”

“Your trial today, have you heard any of these names before, Judge?” McNulty asked.

“Please, Jimmy, in here you can call me Mr. Phelan,” he said with a laugh. “To be honest, no I haven’t.” He took off his robe and sat down at his desk.

“That’s because nobody’s investigating these guys. These Barksdale fuckers are selling dope and dropping bodies all around West Baltimore. And we’ve got nothing real on ‘em”

“No weight, no guns, no names?”

“As far as I know, nothing that goes above street level, but you’d have to ask Narcotics. But I’m seeing these bodies, and the name I’m hearing whispered is Barksdale.”

“So why haven’t we heard anything about them so far?”

“They’re smart. One of the guys in your courtroom today: Stringer Bell, a top Barksdale lieutenant. Taking notes.”

“Taking notes on my case?”

“Yes sir. The corner boys are using pay phones, and the top men are meeting only face to face, no phones at all. We’ve got nothing to go on.”

“And you’re catching bodies?”

“I think so.”

“Dammit!” Judge Phelan slammed his fist down on the table. “So neither Narcotics or the Western are willing to pick this up, because it’s too hard.”

“Yeah, but I think we can make a case, with some time, manpower.”

“Well, shit Jimmy, I guess I’ve got to make some calls. But you better not be fucking with me!”

“Would I do that to you, Judge?” McNulty asked, with an impish smile.

----

“Sit down, Cedric” Deputy Commissioner Burrell waved at a chair in his office. “We’ve got something to talk about.”

“Yes sir. What can I do for you?”

“I’ve got something to offer you, Cedric. How do you feel about leading a Major Case Sqaud?”

“Deputy!” Lieutenant Daniels sputtered. “I’d be honored. What’s the case?”

“Some judge has got a bug up his ass about some drug ring in Western Baltimore. You ever heard of Barksdale?”

“Yeah, my squad has made some buy busts the name comes up, but it never goes anywhere. We’ve rolled up to above the corner level once, but never further than that.”

“That’s fine. I don’t think we’re going to need much more than that.”

“Sir?”

“This is political shit. Do you want to deal with political shit, Cedric? I don’t think you do. You get me a few names, get me some drugs and some money to put on a table, and we’re satisfied.”

“That’s all you want this Major Case Squad for?”

“We don’t have the money for much else. So, you take this assignment, take some men, and put something together. You’ll have a couple months. You make this quick and easy, and you’ll have a friend. You don’t,… well, you know what I’ve got in this desk drawer, right?”

“I believe I do. Deputy Commissioner.” Daniels stood to leave.

“Cedric.” Burrell dismissed him. “Oh, and Cedric? Good luck.” An oily smile sent Lieutenant Daniels on his way.
Last edited by MacavityLock on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:21 am

Post by MacavityLock »

All role PMs are out. This is now the confirmation phase. Please confirm in thread. This phase will end once 10 out of 12 players have confirmed or 24 hours have passed, whichever is longer.

Also, please pay close attention to the rules, especially the Game-Specific rules for this game. I will specifically highlight 2 of them: Flavor and Investigator & Snitch. All flavor in this game is purely flavor and is no indication of game mechanics, players in the game, players not in the game, etc. There are at least 2 players with the Major Case Squad win condition with the Investigator ability. There is one player with the Snitch ability who may or may not have a "Dangerous" win condition.
Last edited by MacavityLock on Tue May 25, 2010 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:25 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

I confirm that I have read and understood my role PM.
#greenshirtthursdays
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:34 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Confirm.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:36 am

Post by raider8169 »

I confirm that I have read and understood ChannelDelibird's role PM too...

Yeah maybe not but I can confirm that I have read and understood my own role.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:38 am

Post by camn »

/confirm
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:49 am

Post by SensFan »

/kk
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 7:10 am

Post by VP Baltar »

/confirm

Hi Raider! Long time no see.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 8:47 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

confirmed
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 9:22 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

hello.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 10:23 am

Post by Deer »

confirming.

Just as a nice subject of discussion, who'd you guys put for your favorite non-Omar character? I had Wallace - don't want to spoil anything, but I was very sad about him.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 10:29 am

Post by Fate »

Yo
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 10:30 am

Post by Deer »

Actually, I changed my mind. I pick Bubbles.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 10:50 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Stringer Bell is my favourite non-Omar character. Also my favourite non-non-Omar character.

I would probably like Bubbles if he didn't mumble so much that I couldn't hear a word he ever says.
#greenshirtthursdays
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 11:02 am

Post by MacavityLock »

10 players have confirmed, so the game will begin at approximately 10:30 AM PST tomorrow.
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 11:40 am

Post by Jebus »

confirmed.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by raider8169 »

VP Baltar wrote:/confirm

Hi Raider! Long time no see.
Hey!

Its been a while, I dont play too many games anymore.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by SensFan »

I haven't seen the show at all. I did check the Wikipedia entry when I signed up. Something about gangs in some american dirty old town, right?

Hey raider!
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by camn »

Well.. I don't really see why we have to wait 24 hours, if ML is going to leave the thread open... but I guess it is for the best. It is finals week!

Speaking of that, you should all know that I will be studying mostly until the end of the week... then I will have more free time. Of course, since I am studying, I dont get to listen to music. It distracts me. NO MUSIC.
But on the way home I
was
listening to a song called "Eyes of an Angel". I forget who it was by. Some European folky group. I liked it.

Anyway, our votes dont count till tomorrow.. so

FOS: BALTHAR

For ignoring me in your post-1 banter.
I hate being ignored.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

psh, you ignored me first in the mini theme queue. brat.

Just to spite you, I'll listen to some music tonight. possibly music you really like. :P
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

I picked McNulty as my fav non Omar character mostly because I have a slight school girls crush on him :D Pretty much all the characters are good, it would be harder to pick a character I don't like.

Sens, what made you in if you don't know the theme. I'm curious.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 3:36 pm

Post by camn »

VP Baltar wrote:psh, you ignored me first in the mini theme queue. brat.
A) I am no brat.
B) Who monitors the Queue?!
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by SensFan »

Sotty7 wrote:Sens, what made you in if you don't know the theme. I'm curious.
Playerlist :D

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”